Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (21712 Views)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by akube34: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:
Justified. She's 100% justified.šŸ‘
You men don't realise that women don't like too much visiting from relatives. It brings unnecessary clashes. Moreso, will you lie that you don't v sex with your girlfriend? When your sister is around, will you be comfortable to sleep with her in her presence or you share different rooms?
Your sister is suffering from bad choice in her relationship life.
Assist your sister in getting apartment and settling down asap.
Your girlfriend is your future wife, you won't marry your sister.
na una go still say, until marriage, una Dey single but for men now he should consider person wey him never marry
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by cedricksly: 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slime7:
Hi guys,
I need your advice on this. It is causing issues in my 2 years relationship.
I came to Lagos in 2018 after my NYSC. Prior to that, I had plans for my older sister to come stay with me, considering how difficult things were.
Note that my married eldest brother was in Lagos before then. I understand that maybe he needs his privacy, but he didn't help in any way (he didn't have to).
Ā 
When I got the apartment, I met my girlfriend while she was serving in Lagos. My older sister has yet to move in with me, but I have mentioned to her not once but twice that she will soon come and live with me.
Ā 
I will also like to mention that my elder sister was living with her boyfriend before I came to Lagos. This doesn't seem right to me or to her.
Ā 
She moved in, and we were living together peacefully. Along the way, she broke up with her boyfriend.Ā About 6 months later, she got into another relationship. The man seems interested in marrying her. And they were making plans for settling down. Unfortunately, she got pregnant out of wedlock for the man. She had to move in with the man.
Ā 
Now this is where the issues begin. After a few months (after her childbirth), they always have issues. They go on and off. Two times they had issues; she carried her bag and came to my place. Two times it happened, and she stayed with me for not more than two months put together. This didn't go well with my girlfriend. She complained that my sister is always in the picture, and she doesn't like that.
Ā 
The third time, the man abused my sister, and he beat her up. I went to the man's house with my "married eldest brother." We fought with the man and threatened to arrest him. He pleaded, plus the neighbors and the landlord too.Ā That night, we took my sister away from him. My sister chose to stay at my place until she gets an apartment for herself and her kid.

This really annoyed my girlfriend. She always says things like, "My family does not respect me." That's why my sister can move in to my house knowing that I am in a relationship.
"Why does she like to stay with me and not my brother?" "Why do I have to always be the one to bear the burden?" Note that my sister works, and she can take care of herself and her kid. She just needed a place to stay until she got her own apartment.

She feared that my sister could just move in with her bags when we get married, which I have assured her is not possible.
She claims she likes her space and all. She claims she doesn't like the "on and off" as sometimes she may want to spend a "lone" time with me. Spend weekends... and this won't be possible when my sister is around.
She claims that she has never seen a scenario where an older sister with a kid is leaving with younger brother.
She always give instances where she has never seen guys in relationships allow their older sister to come stay with them.
She claimed that sometimes I should "man up" and say NO to her.Ā 
Ā 
Is she overreacting? What did I do wrong in all of this? Am I being manipulated? Is her anger justified?
Ā 
N.B My sister has gotten a place for herself and has moved out.
oga she is overacting and manipulating you, as far as you are not married, if she(ur gf) stats in her own rented or parents house often than she stays in urs, she for no dey see all these things, except of cause you are cohabitating with her... These are all red flags that will manifest after getting married.. I have seen situations where boyfriend beg girlfriend for his own sister to stay with his girlfriend and vice versa boyfriend begging sister for girlfriend to stay with her... Anybody can be in a situation where we need help in our lives provided respect is Reciprocated in the house...
Lastly if you have the resources, set up a business or trade for your sis so she can live alone with her daughter coz you won't always be single. Meanwhile do not marry that girl now or ever, u go regret

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Aliou007(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
NEVER put your girlfriend before FAMILY. Don't ever think about it sef. Die the thought bros.
Slime7:
Hi guys,
I came to Lagos in 2018 after my NYSC. Prior to that, I had plans for my older sister to come stay with me, considering how difficult things were.
Note that my married eldest brother was in Lagos before then. I understand that maybe he needs his privacy, but he didn't help in any way (he didn't have to).
Ā 
When I got the apartment, I met my girlfriend while she was serving in Lagos. My older sister has yet to move in with me, but I have mentioned to her not once but twice that she will soon come and live with me.
Ā 
I will also like to mention that my elder sister was living with her boyfriend before I came to Lagos. This doesn't seem right to me or to her.
Ā 
She moved in, and we were living together peacefully. Along the way, she broke up with her boyfriend.Ā About 6 months later, she got into another relationship. The man seems interested in marrying her. And they were making plans for settling down. Unfortunately, she got pregnant out of wedlock for the man. She had to move in with the man.
Ā 
Now this is where the issues begin. After a few months (after her childbirth), they always have issues. They go on and off. Two times they had issues; she carried her bag and came to my place. Two times it happened, and she stayed with me for not more than two months put together. This didn't go well with my girlfriend. She complained that my sister is always in the picture, and she doesn't like that.
Ā 
The third time, the man abused my sister, and he beat her up. I went to the man's house with my "married eldest brother." We fought with the man and threatened to arrest him. He pleaded, plus the neighbors and the landlord too.Ā That night, we took my sister away from him. My sister chose to stay at my place until she gets an apartment for herself and her kid.

This really annoyed my girlfriend. She always says things like, "My family does not respect me." That's why my sister can move in to my house knowing that I am in a relationship.
"Why does she like to stay with me and not my brother?" "Why do I have to always be the one to bear the burden?" Note that my sister works, and she can take care of herself and her kid. She just needed a place to stay until she got her own apartment.

She feared that my sister could just move in with her bags when we get married, which I have assured her is not possible.
She claims she likes her space and all. She claims she doesn't like the "on and off" as sometimes she may want to spend a "lone" time with me. Spend weekends... and this won't be possible when my sister is around.
She claims that she has never seen a scenario where an older sister with a kid is leaving with younger brother.
She always give instances where she has never seen guys in relationships allow their older sister to come stay with them.
Ā 
Is she overreacting? What did I do wrong in all of this? Am I being manipulated? Is her anger justified?
Ā 

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by chimpad: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Sincerly I got sisters who married early and there was never a time they couldn't resolve crisis in their marriage and had to keep moving out this way. Diffrent strokes for different folks tho!
Haakeem:
You got no sis right?

I doubt it.

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by omojesu202(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slime7:
Hi guys,
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

That's a red flag starring at you there.
You know your sister before her,
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Bioharry: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
She no b wife material, run o
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Aliou007(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
Lmaooo. They've normalised the nonsense habit o.
sisisioge:
Why are you all living with people you're not married to biko? Is it a sort of tradition? Abeg, your gf should start by going home to her people first, once you guys get married, she can start claiming territory. Until then, she's the outsider!
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Goodlady(f): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
akube34:
na una go still say, until marriage, una Dey single but for men now he should consider person wey him never marry
What's this one sayingā“ā“
Do I know youā“
Have we met beforeā“
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Isabi4lov: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

šŸ‘ Enjoy

Watch out for Blue, sheā€™s got those Mzansi moves

Nairaland codedly upgraded their site, I didnā€™t know you could now post emojis
Yes o they've upgraded their site .

Blue and Yaya then Kantanga āœŒļø , our own people are tired of their songs , they should also play Nigeria songs to them šŸ˜’
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Regie2bless: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slime7:
Hi guys,
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
sorry o ur girlfriend is overreacting, this issue calls for understanding, not dat ur sister deliberately love to stay with u, is just condition dat is bringing her back. What if dat was ur mom coming to ur house like dat will she tell u to turn her back? Or her very sister having same issue will she drive her away? Sometimes issues like dis will tell u if d woman is good or bad

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Aliou007(m): 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
Shut up abeg.
Goodlady:
You men don't realise that women don't like too much visiting from relatives. It brings unnecessary clashes. Moreso, will you lie that you don't v sex with your girlfriend? When your sister is around, will you be comfortable to sleep with her in her presence or you share different rooms?
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Chikaazuonwu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
Guys follow this page on Facebook if your single. Something huge is coming for you guys.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086788028870&mibextid=ZbWKwL

You can also follow the Instagram page using the link below;
https://instagram.com/loveolagosofficial?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by tosyne2much(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
I really don't get

Is it that cohabiting is a norm in your family because I don't understand why your sister keeps cohabiting from one man to the other to the point that it resulted in pregnancy and you have to shoulder a portion of the burden.. Your elder sister for that matter and not even your younger sister undecided

You still carry your elder brother go shamelessly fight the man she's cohabiting with for domestic violence, so tey landlord sef join mouth for the matter.. The whole story doesn't sound moral sad

Back to the story, judging from the story that led cohabiting elder sister into her doom, it's normal for a woman that wants to marry you to feel insecure about the whole thing, especially the kind of life your sister has chosen for herself and how it's affecting the intimacy of your relationship but is your girlfriend overreacting? maybe!

She's manipulative but she's not completely wrong

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Yes o they've upgraded their site .

Blue and Yaya then Kantanga āœŒļø , our own people are tired of their songs , they should also play Nigeria songs to them šŸ˜’

Notice the different vibe immediately Ayra Starrā€™s song started playing.
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Thermodynamics(m): 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slime7:
Hi guys,
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

That your girlfriend is a very bad woman, I nor know where una de see all these kind women sef, I'll advise you not to marry her, you never marry her she don de set boundaries within you and your family, who is your sister suppose to stay with before? Your married brother ?

What your sister would do for you that your yeye entitled girlfriend can never do it for you, if something happens tomorrow your sister will stand by you because she is your family, that your selfish girlfriend will run away even if she is your wife, she will still run away because I can see that she is a selfish person who thinks about only herself.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by cedricksly: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:
lol for boyfriend and girl matter that isn't even fiancee yet, Talkless marriage... If the said girlfriend dey stay her own house she rent with her money and not living 90% in his boyfriend house this kind talk for no show up. If she is tired she should stay in her own house where nobody will disturb her.. This same person tomorrow if them marry her, Na her type family dey give the husband person to train.. THE YOUNG MAN HAS RIGHT TO ACCOMMODATE HIS FAMILY MEMBER AS IT DEEM IT FIT UNTIL HE IS MARRIED, PROVIDED HE IS COOL WITH IT AND DOESN'T CONSIDER IT A Burden. Then dey talk apartment na 1 room ur mind self go. Are there not mutiple room apartment other than 1 room? She only has right to complain if they were roommates or legally married. I once accommodated my then girlfriend sister & husband for 1year 3 months, we need help at one point of our lives, and till date I do not regret accommodating them because the house was filled with Reciprocated respect and the man was 101% responsible... Infact when me and the mumu girl broke up, I hide it from the couple so they don't feel unwelcome, they found out 7months later... Life no hard, Na we dey over complicate tinx

4 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Positiveme2020: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:

Not in all cases. There is probability.
For me My immediate family comes first in whatever I do.
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by isey4u(f): 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Abort mission, your family will always need your support here and there and any woman who cannot stand by you to help your family doesn't deserve the title of a wife. What if the case was reversed and it has to do with her sister, I'm sure she will expect you to do same or more. I can guaranty your she won't be an accomodating sister in-law. As in when one of her legs still dey outside and she dey do all the wahala expect more when she finally have full control.

Slime7:
Hi guys,
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Isabi4lov: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Notice the different vibe immediately Ayra Starrā€™s song started playing.
Yes o Nigeria no dey carry last šŸ˜ , everyone one of them started coming out of their hidden places grin , that's how it should be .

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Goodlady(f): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
Positiveme2020:

Not in all cases. There is probability.
For me My immediate family comes first in whatever I do.
Marry from your family.
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by SpaceAngel: 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
Tip of the iceberg, if she doesn't like people visiting, make sure it's both ways . Your people stay off likewise her people, so you guys can have your space as she wants.
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by alukstea(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
She's just been manipulative mate. If she can say this of your friends most likely would say worse of your acquaintances, friends even colleagues.

Ladies with this height of obsession are dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Yes o Nigeria no dey carry last šŸ˜ , everyone one of them started coming out of their hidden places grin , that's how it should be .

šŸ˜‚
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Bananapill: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Slime7:
Hi guys,
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

Run ooooo
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Nehyooh(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:
The truth here is that the girlfriend seems not to be accommodating, stylishly dictating to the guy. Agreed, let say the older sister was unlucky with the man, her condition is apparent enough, so what's wrong if she stay with her brother for the mean time? The girlfriend is not even yet a wife, but still left her parents house and decided to be cohabitating with a guy she's not married to yet.

I don't tolerate nonsense!
Why will just an ordinary girlfriend be saying/doing rubbish towards my siblings that I've known for years before I come across her.

What's the assurance that the so called "girlfriend" is even faithful to the guy?

NB: Not every girlfriend becomes "future wife"
Good characters is one of the top traits responsible man look for in a lady. The girlfriend seems authoritative!

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Learn fast big man. Ghost that lady now or she will make you a shadow of yourself when you marry.
I was in your shoes years ago, had I gotten this advice and taken it, things could have been different for me.

All the best.

PonziHater

3 Likes

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Isabi4lov: 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

šŸ˜‚
No be small thing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ ,they should not kill their vibes jor .
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Positiveme2020: 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:

Marry from your family.
My family is No.1 , no gf can come between me and my siblings.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Nehyooh(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Positiveme2020:
Dem no born that gf well bro grin
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Nehyooh(m): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
Positiveme2020:
Dem no born that gf well brogrin
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by Thermodynamics(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
Goodlady:

Stop supporting rubbish, if the girl was the op girlfriend's sister wouldn't she offer the same help? Women do not like too much visiting but if it's the woman's family member she can harbour them forever, you women are very very selfish creatures, you only think of how this will benefit you all the time, it's all about me me me, if I'm the OP I'll kick out that self-centred bƬtch of a girlfriend out of my life.

If the OP marry that yeye girl him own don finish.
Re: Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? by DLivingAncestor: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
You see one of my problems with these Daughters of Eve is their Insecurity and Jealously

Chaiiii, they will always find a way to make sure no other woman is involved with their man. They can even manipulate you to stop talking to your mother sef if you are not careful

Very Manipulative gender

You are not yet married to her and she is showing you her character

So "Manning Up" means kicking your sister and her kid out for them to sleep on the streets bah?

As guys ,your family will always need your support and as she dey so, she no go allow you to show concern for your family ooo

My guy run ooo before it's too late

And try assist your elder sister to find an apartment since you said she is capable and explain to her with wisdom that she should try and limit the way she pack her things and come straight to your house

The Ancestors has spoken

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When He Says I Don't Owe You Happiness. Will You Still Remain In The Marriage? / My hubby want me to break my sim / Only Oct Born Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.