Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,615 members, 7,861,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Honesty In Relationship: (why Is It So Hard To Be Honest In A Relationship). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Honesty In Relationship: (why Is It So Hard To Be Honest In A Relationship). (209 Views)

Women Cheating Is The End Of The Relationship. Why ? / "Dear Men, If You Have Hustled So Hard And No Money, Get Married"- Nigerian Lady / How Often Do You Masturbate? Please Be Honest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honesty In Relationship: (why Is It So Hard To Be Honest In A Relationship). by Uwagood123(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Honesty in your relationships is really about authenticity and transparency. When you’re being honest in a relationship it means you’re straightforward and say what you really think and feel. It means you don’t willfully omit or misdirect others. There’s no manipulation with true honesty.

True honesty is always from a loving heart and a willingness to be open and vulnerable.

Honesty is not brutal honesty. Being honest isn’t an excuse to criticize or berate your partner. Brutal honesty is fear-based and is usually some form of lashing out. When you say, “I need to be really honest with you..” it’s usually in an accusing tone. You might say, “I’m going to be really honest with you – you’re always dominating the conversation when we go out and everybody hates it.” That’s not honesty to me. Honesty would be saying, “I get really uncomfortable with how you act when we’re out with our friends and end up feeling embarrassed because I think it’s a reflection on me.”

Honesty isn’t just about saying everything you think and feel. The goal of honesty is to be closer to others, so you need to communicate in a way others can receive so you can build trust and intimacy.

What does it mean to be honest in a relationship?

Displaying honesty in a relationship doesn’t mean that you have to reveal every thought or share every secret with your spouse.

There are still plenty of reasons to keep things to yourself. You may choose to hold back potentially hurtful opinions, your private thoughts, or information that would betray a promise to a friend to keep something confidential.

You also have the right to stick to vague answers if you don’t feel comfortable sharing information.When it comes to honesty in relationships, remember all of the good reasons to be honest.

If you are inclined to withhold information, ask yourself: “am I keeping this a secret, or am I keeping something private?” – There is a difference.

5 pratical ways to Be Honest in a Relationship.

Learning how to be honest in a relationship also means taking a good look in the mirror. Being honest about your strengths and weaknesses can help you identify areas in your personality that could use some work – like your ability to tell the truth.

1* Admit when you are wrong

How honest should you be in a relationship? When it comes to admitting you are wrong: very.

Nobody likes stubborn love. When you are wrong, don’t be afraid to admit it. Being honest about your part in an argument or wrongdoing is difficult, but lying to your partner or blaming them for something they didn’t do is gaslighting.

Show your partner that you love and respect them and that they can trust you even under difficult circumstances by admitting when you are in the wrong.

2* Communicate openly with your spouse

One tip for how to be honest in a relationship is to talk to your spouse often.
Couples who communicate openly about how they feel experience happier, more fulfilling relationships, but communication about a problem isn’t always easy.
Build an honest relationship by communicating your needs to your spouse.Click to continue reading https://uwagood.com/2022/11/20/honesty-in-relationship-why-is-it-so-hard-to-be-honest-in-a-relationship/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Speaks On Survival Of Young Girls In Nollywood / Your Wants & Your Needs Before Marriage / Olashay Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.