Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. (22214 Views)

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by providencia(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
Why should there be an excess cash deposit charge in a cashless economy in the first place. I do understand they are waiving it for the now
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by ipobarecriminals: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
bonnyhope:

Go cashless
Dey there in ur Country.Even we dey carry cash here in US wet the bald vulture dey copy. Hope ur unlearned landlord go allow U people SCAM them in the name of cashless grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Backpedal: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Dikaveli:
God forgive me i slept with a married woman

Go and sin no more
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by package7(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Dikaveli:
Or You both slept with each other?
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by chatinent: 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
Zenith, una don pay the girl una thief her money? 🀦
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Skillsnigeria: 12:06am On Jan 22, 2023
Noted
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by jaxxy(m): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Good.
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by segzysexy(m): 12:43am On Jan 22, 2023
Bro you better be careful too.
Seequadry:

Hnmm.... My neighbour wife just left my room now... Was surprised to come online and see u type this... Omo the way she dey tweerk on me ehn knowing that my gala don rise yet the weray still dey rubb her ass on it... Opelope Γ dΓΊrΓ  Γ¬yΓ‘ Γ ti bΓ bΓ  mi and my fiancee call that came in... Music stops I picked the call and remember the son of who I am.... I jst walk out to recieve the call and kukuma sit down there till she come outside....

That tin na curse oo.....
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by olibeans: 1:23am On Jan 22, 2023
Another useless Bank
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by kingsceemark(m): 1:27am On Jan 22, 2023
Bashnigga:
make dem just dey play. Like this I never still get the new notes, ATMs keep paying me the old notes.
I hope that Jan 31st deadline go work

π”Όπ•§π•–π•Ÿ π•žπ•– 𝕀𝕖𝕝𝕗, 𝕀 π•Ÿπ•–π•§π•–π•£ π•₯π•’π•œπ•– π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀 𝕀𝕖𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Ÿπ•–π•¨ π•Ÿπ•’π•šπ•£π•’ π•Ÿπ• π•₯𝕖

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by seeyounow: 2:09am On Jan 22, 2023
embarassed

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by olaeffect(m): 4:30am On Jan 22, 2023
bonnyhope:

Go cashless

Most people don't know that this is the game CBN is playing.
The CBN just want to use the banks to play a dirty game with Nigerians.

Trillions in cash has been moved to CBN by banks based on deposit by customers.
Most of these customers are not interested in keeping such monies in the banks, they simply just want it exchange.
Whereas CBN from onset don't plan for this monies to go back out in cash, therefore banks are not being given adequate new notes.
Banks too on their part have refused to take all their operational cash to CBN since by law they still have upto 31th January.
And any bank that foolishly move all it's stock in trade (cash) to CBN with guarantee of getting new notes will most definitely loose it's customers to banks that would at least be able to give it's customer cash even if it is old note uptil 31st January grin

Nigerians have not seen drama yet until 31th January. That is when the banks will open up to their customers and Nigerians will know/understand the wahala CBN is cooking for Nigerians.

At least zenith bank has spoken small English that has very deep meaning: i.e banks are note to exchange your old note to new notes, they are to collect your old note and pay you new notes when you make withdraw grin And we all know that the CBN wants to limited use of physical cash, therefore the banks are not obligated by law to meet you cash demands after 31st January because you are supposed to use alternative channels in the first place.

This new notes issue will just be like the border closure issue; well intended but poorly executed by people that do not know shit grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by JaskanFactor: 4:45am On Jan 22, 2023
highly suspicious they are doing something as disruptive as currency change at same time as national elections, only in a European created zoo. The racists running Nigeria from Europe have no mercy.

And now pictures coming out showing some of the new notes looking like badly printed fake money.
Just never forget the same people who make sure London works everyday flawlessly are running Nigerian making sure all the things that should not happen at same time happen just so to increase the pain of the population.

Ever since covid, the Europeans running the worlds have turned up thier hate an all countries with brown people, they nations they like to call third world, cause now in all this nations at the same time, no petrol, no food, no light etc worse than its been in any recent history.

Very very wicked racist colonial bastards , the countries still functioning in world right now are where Europeans live.
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by NaijaCover(m): 5:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Is Here

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Goldbw122(m): 5:28am On Jan 22, 2023
They will still postpone the date. So let's wait and see.
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by ican2020: 5:40am On Jan 22, 2023
Dikaveli:
No problem someone else will sleep with your wife
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Divoc19(f): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2023
Seequadry:

Hnmm.... My neighbour wife just left my room now... Was surprised to come online and see u type this... Omo the way she dey tweerk on me ehn knowing that my gala don rise yet the weray still dey rubb her ass on it... Opelope Γ dΓΊrΓ  Γ¬yΓ‘ Γ ti bΓ bΓ  mi and my fiancee call that came in... Music stops I picked the call and remember the son of who I am.... I jst walk out to recieve the call and kukuma sit down there till she come outside....
That tin na curse oo.....

@ Dikaveli

Starved wives everywhere
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by charlsecy(m): 7:09am On Jan 22, 2023
Kicktaker:
CBN will definitely extend the deadline......
Dey play. Even if the new notes are not very available, remember we still have N100 notes and lower, and electronic channels. Even if the new notes are not available, it shouldn't stop the old N200, N500 and N1,000 from turning invalid after January.
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by nedekid: 7:19am On Jan 22, 2023
Ogbeniayanfe:
Is this the money emefiele spent billion in colouring?likewise the 1000 naira note is staining the white clothes if u keep it with white clothes and water touches it..what sort of nation is this oh Lord..
My brodaa, I weak.
The issue is that will the coloring money be accepted back by the bank? Will the next trader accept it? Is so over look and pass it on.
Disappointing as it seems, life goes on. You follow naija and its ways you will just wound yourself with high blood pressure.
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by vickydevoka(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2023
Germanjoe:

Why now,2 bad.
Singles ladies don finish?
Single girls sleeps with married women
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by vickydevoka(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2023
Germanjoe:

Why now,2 bad.
Singles ladies don finish?
Single girls sleeps with married men also
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Chetas81(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2023
Dikaveli:
NIGERIA HAVE CRAZY CITIZENS LIKE YOU IN MILLIONS
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by nedekid: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2023
olaeffect:

Most people don't know that this is the game CBN is playing.
The CBN just want to use the banks to play a dirty game with Nigerians.

Trillions in cash has been moved to CBN by banks based on deposit by customers.
Most of these customers are not interested in keeping such monies in the banks, they simply just want it exchange.
Whereas CBN from onset don't plan for this monies to go back out in cash, therefore banks are not being given adequate new notes.
Banks too on their part have refused to take all their operational cash to CBN since by law they still have upto 31th January.
And any bank that foolishly move all it's stock in trade (cash) to CBN with guarantee of getting new notes will most definitely loose it's customers to banks that would at least be able to give it's customer cash even if it is old note uptil 31st January grin

Nigerians have not seen drama yet until 31th January. That is when the banks will open up to their customers and Nigerians will know/understand the wahala CBN is cooking for Nigerians.

At least zenith bank has spoken small English that has very deep meaning: i.e banks are note to exchange your old note to new notes, they are to collect your old note and pay you new notes when you make withdraw grin And we all know that the CBN wants to limited use of physical cash, therefore the banks are not obligated by law to meet you cash demands after 31st January because you are supposed to use alternative channels in the first place.

This new notes issue will just be like the border closure issue; well intended but poorly executed by people that do not know shit grin
The amount of cash in circulation is too much. I think what the cbn is doing a step in the right direction despite all the k legs. The foundation is being recasted. Cash is no longer a serious means of payment as it is expensive to produce and handle. It is untraceable and could be used to finance illegal activities. The most any Nigerian should have in cash is 10k, all other transactions can easily be done electronically, I see a lot of pos and payment machines with NFC although I don't see folks using them. Zenith bank and gt bank cards are often used to make non contactless payments abroad, so why is it not used here?
I am no economist, but I think issues such as inflation, criminal activities, corruption, terrorism will be curtailed through the curbing of cash in circulation.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by Polyol(m): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by MartinsD12(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2023
nlfpmod:
Dear Valued Customer,

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NAIRA REDESIGN POLICY

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has introduced new 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira notes into circulation and will phase out the existing bills as legal tender on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023.

Here are a few things you should know as you prepare for this transition:

Can I exchange my old Naira notes for the new currency? NO There is no currency exchange program available and you can only get the new Naira notes when you withdraw cash from your Zenith Bank account(s). All old 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira notes must be deposited into an existing or new Zenith Bank account.

What do I do with the old 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira notes in my possession? You must deposit all old 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira notes in your possession into your Zenith Bank account on or before January 31st, 2023. They will have no rnonetary value after this date.

Must I deposit the old Naira notes at the Zenith Bank branch where my account is domiciled? No! You can deposit all old 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira notes into your account at any Zenith Bank branch nationwide, on or before January 31st, 2023.

Is there a limit to the amount or value of old Naira notes I can deposit? NO There is no limit to the amount or value of old 20t0, 500 and 1,000 Naira.

Will I have to pay any excess cash deposit charges? NO The Central Bank of Nigeria (CNN) has implemented a waiver of the excess cash deposit charge nationwide, for all old 200, 500 and 1,000 Naira note deposits on or before January 31st, 2023.

How do I get more information or make enquiries? Simply contact Zenith Direct on +234 1 278 7000, by email on zenithdirect@zenithbank.com.

Thank you for banking with us.
The problem is the new naira notes 200 , 500 and 1000 is not even available in most bank ATM and even CBN is saying they supplied banks with the new notes that rich people took all the new notes , what a flimsy excuse, the timeframe is not possible everywhere in Nigeria the old notes is still in circulation the new ones I can tell you is scare, I have only the 500 two , I have not even seen the 200 or even 1000 now coupled with imitation everywhere now
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by MartinsD12(m): 11:44am On Jan 22, 2023
Dikaveli:
You going to hell fire mehn, say your last prayer .
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by musazulyadain: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
We don here
Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by olaeffect(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
nedekid:

The amount of cash in circulation is too much. I think what the cbn is doing a step in the right direction despite all the k legs. The foundation is being recasted. Cash is no longer a serious means of payment as it is expensive to produce and handle. It is untraceable and could be used to finance illegal activities. The most any Nigerian should have in cash is 10k, all other transactions can easily be done electronically, I see a lot of pos and payment machines with NFC although I don't see folks using them. Zenith bank and gt bank cards are often used to make non contactless payments abroad, so why is it not used here?
I am no economist, but I think issues such as inflation, criminal activities, corruption, terrorism will be curtailed through the curbing of cash in circulation.

I agree with you.
But the CBN should be bold and take responsibility, instead of lying and pitching the masses against the banks.

CBN wants us to go cashless, but they themselves in collaboration with the FG keeps bringing out policies that negates cashless policy.
How can you instroduce stamp duty or electronic fee charge when you are about encouraging your citizens to go cashless?
We not supposed to be talking of incentives and cash backs to encourage people to go cashless?

That is why I am of the opinion that most of our leaders don't know shit.

Use a quarter of the money to print new notes to give cash back incentives to people that do cashless transactions below N100k and watch and see how Nigerians will start buying bread and even N200.00 airtime with ATM cards and other alternative cashless channels grin

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. by nedekid: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
olaeffect:

I agree with you.
But the CBN should be bold and take responsibility, instead of lying and pitching the masses against the banks.

CBN wants us to go cashless, but they themselves in collaboration with the FG keeps bringing out policies that negates cashless policy.
How can you instroduce stamp duty or electronic fee charge when you are about encouraging your citizens to go cashless?
We not supposed to be talking of incentives and cash backs to encourage people to go cashless?

That is why I am of the opinion that most of our leaders don't know shit.

Use a quarter of the money to print new notes to give cash back incentives to people that do cashless transactions below N100k and watch and see how Nigerians will start buying bread and even N200.00 airtime with ATM cards and other alternative cashless channels grin

"CBN wants us to go cashless, but they themselves in collaboration with the FG keeps bringing out policies that negates cashless policy.
We not supposed to be talking of incentives and cash backs to encourage people to go cashless?"[b]
[/b]

Exactly. It puzzles me.
One wonders the thinking.
A policy is made with one hand then discouraged with the other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate / Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu / Recession: See How Smart People Are Bypassing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.