Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? (23055 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by salesbloo: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
You see why APC Governors are right

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

On the other hand if the above scenario is not plausible because of BVN, instead of depositing it, since there are no new naira notes, I will just spend it .Why should I return them since there is no new naira notes and no deadline. Let continue to recirculate them, CBN want to scam us again. To get old or new notes you pay as high as 20%

Redesign Policy is completely defeated

Am I right or wrong?

94 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by PointZerom: 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Emefiele is a clown

I can deposit 500K in 5 different bank accounts making 2.5m meaning old notes is still a legal tender .....since the deadline specified is April 10 . Alternatively if you have individual and corporate accounts ....500k in each account

Am I right or wrong?

Don't ever think you're smarter than somebody who layes ambush against you.

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.

253 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Ahmed0336(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
CBN don shoot their selves for leg.

Left for me, since we are yet to see much new notes in circulation, let's continue to use the old ones as a means of legal tender pending when CBN announces deadline for commercial banks to stop receiving deposits of old notes.

If we rush go deposit all our money when we no see the new ones, how we go take cope? undecided

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by inoki247: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

CBN knows what they're doing but if you chose to be a victim that's your business.

LoL lay ambuish on who if worst come to worst people will start buying old note from each other and turn it to business....

Don't be shock sef say na Bank staff go start to buy the old note pass

At the end of the day na still masses go lose....

Imagine parting 300naira or 200naira jus to av ur money in new currency or posted in ur bank account...

What I know is the Vote buying jargons theory as been defeated anybody wey dem pay with old note to sell his or her vote will redeem is 2k or even if na 1k successfully now....

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by AtikuOkowa: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
wait and see where they are heading to
this matter is first for vote buying.
Before 25th,the last order will come.

11 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
salesbloo:

Emefiele is a clown

Am I right or wrong?

No, it has not been defeated and can never be defeated!!

You can only deposit your old note; but you can't use it..
They only helped you to reduce the stress of depositing it at the CBN ...

Nobody is or will collect old cash.. Those that still have theirs have been given an opportunity to visit any bank around to deposit it, not CBN...

Guess what, the situation will escalate more next week because after depositing the old note, the new note is not yet fully accessible

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by PointZerom: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
inoki247:

LoL lay ambuish on who if worst come to worst people will start buying old note from each other and turn it to business....

Don't be shock sef say na Bank staff go start to buy the old note pass

At the end of the day na still masses go lose....

Imagine parting 300naira or 200naira jus to av ur money in new currency or posted in ur bank account...

What I know is the Vote buying jargons theory as been defeated anybody wey dem pay with old note to sell his or her vote will redeem is 2k or even if na 1k successfully now....

Ok. Continue consoling yourself.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by inoki247: 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Ok. Continue consoling yourself.

Ok you sef continue dey believe in ur own theory dem go dey tell u people una no go hear....

They're using u people to play politics buh u will rather not think logically....

When People don't av access to the new note den was POS not milking the policy this another avenue for people to milk it again ....

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by socialmediaman: 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by adioolayi(m): 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
I don't understand all these reactionary policy statement..

There are reports of crowds at CBN offices today...CBN Governor knows he has very little offices Nationwide, why direct entire population to return the old notes via this channel only

Now that he understands CBN offices are under threat, he has to do something very fast..and have directed commercial banks to collect the old notes..in a reactionary fearful move grin cheesy grin cheesy

As the Op has said, I feel the redesign policy is defeated...even if I have one time avenue to deposit the old notes...

Every SMEs can continue to transact with old note and wait till March or April before using their one time code to make the #500k deposit slot.

We can keep saying Nigerians have huge threshold of endurance....we have I don't care attitude... it is only true, if you have not disturb their means of daily living..afterall, Nigerians provide everything by themselves, for themselves...once you affect how Nigerians feed, move, you will see madness and craze...and that's what is happening right now

It is what it is...Poorly implemented policy cannot stand the test of time.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Hndrrxxx(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
This Buhari and his CBN governor pretty dumb for real like how in the world you don’t follow a Supreme Court ruling and you expect the citizens to obey you like for real?? This is the beginning of anarchy

Fuxk outta here, son!

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by 9jvirgin(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Absolutely defeated and crushed. Maybe Buhari should call the military to enforce it cos he is not acting right and he can only use force but at the end, the people ll resist it. When you aren't contracted to just come and spoil Nigeria, how can you make such policy within short notice thereby crippling the economy? And your opposition dey hail you, making jest of your party?
What kinda president is that?
May God no allow us chose wrongly especially in trying times.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by 9jvirgin(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Atiku, pabloescoBAT and Osi-Omo-Ole will be confronted with the reality and resolve of the Nigerian people to take back their country on Election Day.

If Peter Obi does not win this election, we will be doomed.

Peter Obi, the continuity of Nigeria is solely in your hands. Please save us.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Ijaya123: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Absolutely.

When the reasoning behind it is political rather than for economic considerations, it is bound to fail. Now people can continue to spend the old N500 and N1000 notes since banks will collect them whenever it is deposited.

Buhari and Emefailure messed up big time.

Looks like Tinubu is the man to beat in the coming election. Everything being thrown at him are not just working. Now I understand why Fashola said "Underestimate Tinubu at your own peril".

hero2000:

When God never get your time, e go be like say you be Hulk Hogan. When God get your time, na small breeze go fall you down.

You seem like someone in serious pains. grin grin grin

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by illuminutty: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Corruption will always fight back. For your info, voters will not accept the old notes as bribe, courts are no longer accepting them as filing charges and even policemen on the road are no longer accepting them as bribe. You are on your own.

A word is enough for the wise. If you could, limit the amount of old notes in your hand. Use cashless means where possible and only resort to cash where it is unavoidably imperative.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by b3llo(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
No...

1 Like

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by atobs4real(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
HALFLY DEFEATED AND WAITING FOR IT TO LU MAGUN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Tayorshd2(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Yes oo because they have ordered banks to start collecting the old 500 and 1000 now grin

Emefiele is clueless about leadership's

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by moscow007: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Expect more threads like this from the purveyors of fake news and disinformation branch of Thiefnibu strategic communication team.
From the very beginning of this policy, CBN have never placed limits to amount you can deposit till now.
At the very beginning of this policy CBN authorized banks to accept deposit of any amount from Nigerians, even if it's 10 billion, by the logic of this idiotic Op, dat means d policy is defeated, cheesy

If not for vote buying please explain to me why any Nigerian will still have hundreds of millions of old illegal notes in his possession, I can't wait for fools to start being arrested from next week for bearing fake old illegal 500 and 1000 naira notes

Note:Nobody is stopping you from assessing your money as insinuated by the treacherous lil midget in Kaduna.

Please deposit your old currency and transfer any amount you want to any client or customer u are dealing with.

Once again, your money is assessable to you, just transfer it, you can also request to be paid cash in 50, 100 and 200 naira note from your bank upto 500k, it must not be new notes.

Corrupt Criminals of our beloved country have been destroyed and they will stay destroyed.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by FashionCookie(f): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
I think say una get strong head. Confused people undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Dshocker(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
I am happy that it has tamed Tinubu's power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Moniter0: 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
No reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by aziaka111(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
No,but tinubu is defeated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by bewla(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
T
Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Gadafii: 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
The old 500 and 1k can’t be used to transact, it can only be deposited at banks

It’s not a legal tender no more does mean banks won’t accept it till the stipulated time

I don’t trust apc governors, they hid palliatives from the masses, all of a sudden they care for the same masses

Make them get out

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by atobs4real(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

WHAT ARE THEY DOING? THEY ARE LOST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Padipadi(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
AtikuOkowa:
wait and see where they are heading to

this matter is first for vote buying.

Before 25th,the last order will come.
Atiku ll still lose.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by gasparpisciotta: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Good policy, wrong timing

At a time when the country desperately needs to save money in order to spend on vital areas, we are embarking on a policy that will drive up out expenses.

Monetary policy can be changed and cashless policy implemented without driving the whole nation nuts.

This is definitely not a time to pitch the people against government, especially when elections are around the corner. We will all rather have a peaceful election than a violent one.

Our grassroots economic activities need to be up and running and not affected by a government whose infrastructures in the financial sector is yet to capture 90% user activation

10 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by DSC7: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
It's not yet defeated...

You can deposit as much as you want but you can't withdraw as much as you want...

A CBN official said, “Go to your bank but fill the form before you go. Go with your reference code you generate. With your code, banks will collect it from you. But if it is more than 500,000, you will go to the CBN and deposit it.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by Generalwoodz(m): 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Has Buhari ever failed in wickedness delivery?

No matter what goes BUHARI will win. He has A1 in wickedness.

Naira design is a wickedness of some sort so it hasn't been defeated.

11 Likes

Re: Is The Naira Redesign Policy Defeated? by BestMan001: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
No

Make sure you vote Peter Obi on Saturday

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Wise Strategy For Betonmarket Traders.. / How To Receive Money From Abroad Via Wire Transfer Into Your Domiciliary Account / 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Lost Its Place As Africa’s Largest Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.