Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

How I Found Love On The Road And Got My T-shirt Torn In The Process - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Found Love On The Road And Got My T-shirt Torn In The Process (483 Views)

I've Found Love On Nairaland! / From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) / Man Squeezes A Lady's Boobs And Got Nigerians Talking (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Found Love On The Road And Got My T-shirt Torn In The Process by LocalStandard1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
Nairaland doesn't seem to have a section for this post and the event made me discover my true self and brought me joy maybe I leave it here.

This post carries a big twist some might not expect and it's a little lengthy so.

I think I will start like this....

Many of us are totally not happy cos we do jobs and engage in stuffs that we're not made for just to survive. I discovered my source of joy while on a traffic jam.

For some weeks now I have been feeling very bored, stressed and annoyed, and man has it been building up!

Some days ago someone needed me somewhere and on the actual day I was overworked, overwhelmed and very tired but I still didn't want to disappoint him, and it was getting late. The time was already about 9pm. My boss decided to give me a lift to my destination cos he lives in the same estate.

Stay with me now....

On our way we got stuck on traffic and unable to get out of it, we were stuck. A man wanted to pass through the road we were already on so he started shouting, first to the Keke Napep by our side, even slapping the tricycle and approaching very close as if to run over it, with people full inside.

I and my boss continued to watch while the tricycle moved, and then some guys came down and started challenging the driver. He now began shouting at us to move, threatening to hit our car if we don't. My boss was the first to be vexed and was answering him back, together with the other people from the tricycle. Things were now getting very tensed and violence was brewing in the atmosphere.

Out of the blues I got pissed off, dropped my phone and earpiece in the car and came out. Enraged! Hot!! I approached the guy's car and and by then people were already talking and talking and exchangeing words with the guy. I was having non of the talks, I challenged him for a fight, slapped his car, then he came down.

We sized each other, readying for a good fight. But he smelled of alcohol and so wasn't in his right senses. People say I leave him alone but I was already charged for a fight. He grabbed my t-shirt, one of my most beloved tops cos it brings out my bod after a good workout, tore it. Oh God, not my armless top my unfortunate friend. Now my man is older than I am, probably married with kids too, I sensed all these in him and I am a respectful person, but I have to do something my people. He already tore my top!!

I grabbed him and in seconds I brought him down, his back on the tarred road, I held him by the neck, choked him for some seconds before I let go. He was bleeding from the mouth from the punch someone else gave him before our aggressive short tango.

Note. I didn't punch or hit him, even though I am an amateur boxer and a lifter. I only wanted to intimidate him and make up for my torn clothe, so I only wrestled him to the ground almost safely so.

After that I went back to the car and sat. He Came to the car after packing his own car to continue the fight. By then quickly my mood changed for the better so I came down and just started pleading with him, I held him and directed him to his car, he removed his shirt, I helped him put it back on while I settled with him. We reconciled and I asked his name while I also told him my name. Then everybody went there way.

And that is how I discovered love. PHYSICAL COMBAT! Not the fight borne out of malice, grudge and hate but the approved and controlled type. Combat Sports.

And so there and then I discovered my love for physical fights is Unmeasurable. My hunger for combat since then have been insatiable, I couldn't sleep for long in the night just thinking and reminiscing on the event.

I used to so much love all the aggressive plays when I was a child that even then I didn't want to grow up just so I wouldn't have to stop. I loved to do all that on the sand, unending, other children would tire but I would want more.

I think Nigeria need to diversify into other sports like combat sports and strength sports. That would be a good way to indulge, occupy and employ young and vibrant youths. I mean, look at the amount of teeming youths, jobless and raw able youths around?! There need to be a government owned gym in all LGAs in Nigeria so young people can discover and align themselves, we need those.

But till then. I have discovered love!

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Love On The Road And Got My T-shirt Torn In The Process by marlow1962(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
Omo your post too long o, I go read and comment later, but for now my plug say em no fit deliver onto say em no well, so I dy match like this they go em house my collect one cup first take dy alright this night.
Re: How I Found Love On The Road And Got My T-shirt Torn In The Process by LocalStandard1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2023
marlow1962:
Omo your post too long o, I go read and comment later, but for now my plug say em no fit deliver onto say em no well, so I dy match like this they go em house my collect one cup first take dy alright this night.
Baba go come, ehn dey wait.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stupid Italian Mafia Culture / How Do I Treat This? / I Need A Girlfriend That I Will Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.