Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? (19097 Views)

Which Of These Nigerian Delicacies Is Your Most Preferred? (picture) / What Is Your Preferred Quick Meal? (picture) / 5 Reasons Why Ogbono Soup Is Preferred To Egusi Soup In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Exceed15: 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
I hate fish
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
Shawa fish is not in the league of others mentioned. Such a low budget fish.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by lalalista: 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
Shawa. I vomit anytime I eat it

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by 1Sharon(f): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
mariahAngel:

Including mackerel?
What fish do you prefer?

Yes, mackerel smells alot

I prefer snapper, hake

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Goldbw122(m): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
All of the above.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Sleekfingers: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
mariahAngel:
Which of these fishes would you delete?
Which one is your most preferred?

Picture source: Instagram

I will delete ( mackerel , herring and catfish)

Like Tilapia and croaker ..... especially if Dem use fresh Tilapia prepare Imoyo . And if Dem use fresh croaker prepare seafood Ila Alasepo ( seafood okra soup)

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by mariahAngel(f): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Yes, mackerel smells alot

I prefer snapper, hake

They wouldn't be fishy if they didn't smell. cheesy
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by mariahAngel(f): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2023
lalalista:
Shawa. I vomit anytime I eat it

Allow your food digest first before eating it.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Sleekfingers: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2023
lazynairalander1:
Tilapia šŸ  difintely. No doubt, within a blink without a second thought.
That fish will always come out tasteless no matter how you prepare it.

Tilapia is best prepared with peppered stew ....Yoruba stew , Imoyo.......eat it and thank me later.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Yoighaman(m): 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2023
Croaker is my favorite. I love that fish.

Recently, I have fallen in love with one fish like that, they call it 'Eke', abi 'Aeke', or 'Hake'?

It's healthy to consume fishes and white meat... red meat once in a while.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Wait. You don't eat Tilapia but you eat catfish??
i eat catfish when iā€™m in Nigeria. The catfish where i am is from the river and tastes different
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by lazynairalander1: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Tilapia is best prepared with peppered stew ....Yoruba stew , Imoyo.......eat it and thank me later.
I don't know what is the "imoyo" but I have tried it with hot pepper such as Cameron pepper still doesn't come out good.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by kindlyheart: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
I can eat only titus
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by phemmyfour: 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
mariahAngel:
Which of these fishes would you delete?
Which one is your most preferred?

Picture source: Instagram
Shawa...the name sef sound somehow

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by 1Sharon(f): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
mariahAngel:

They wouldn't be fishy if they didn't smell. cheesy

Lol well the smell of mackerel is out of this world

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by 1Sharon(f): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
ednut1:
i eat catfish when iā€™m in Nigeria. The catfish where i am is from the river and tastes different

Lol but catfish is a bottom feeder too
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by ThierryJay: 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
I hate that Herring fish like mad (popularly called eja Henris or Shawa in market parlance). It's not even in the class of the other fish categories in terms of quality. Makes me very nauseous during those boarding school days with those plenty thin curved bones wey dey hook person for throat.

Give me 50 strokes of cane and ask me to eat eja Henris, I'll gladly take the 50 strokes. Thats how bad I see it. The fact that it's usually eaten when people are broke further worsened my perception of it as a fish for losers angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by mariahAngel(f): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Pells:
Hello mariahAngel friend how are you doing šŸ˜˜šŸ˜˜

I'm doing fine, thank you.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by 1Sharon(f): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
Yoighaman:
Croaker is my favorite. I love that fish.

Recently, I have fallen in love with one fish like that, they call it 'Eke', abi 'Aeke', or 'Hake'?

It's healthy to consume fishes and white meat... red meat once in a while.

Hake fish yes..my favourite, very meaty

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Honchoslim16(m): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
I eat all

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by mariahAngel(f): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
phemmyfour:
Shawa...the name sef sound somehow

It's herring ooo. Hahahahaha
Na people wey no like am call am shawa. cheesy

ThierryJay:
I hate that Herring fish like mad (popularly called eja Henris or Shawa in market parlance). It's not even in the class of the other fish categories in terms of quality. Makes me very nauseous during those boarding school days with those plenty thin curved bones wey dey hook person for throat.

Give me 50 strokes of cane and ask me to eat eja Henris, I'll gladly take the 50 strokes. Thats how bad I see it. The fact that it's usually eaten when people are broke further worsened my perception of it as a fish for losers angry

Hahahahahahahahaha gringrin
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by ednut1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol but catfish is a bottom feeder too
angry wahala
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
finickykblazy:
Catfish. I don't know how people eat that fish, it's even worse when it's farm raised.

My dear

That fish is the best in the world especially when prepared properly and you balance it with palm wine mixed with legend stout

Oji catfish eme ogo 1 na orsuihiteukwa
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Nyanabo(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
I love all of them. I don't have a least preferred one among them.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by azpekuliar: 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
The way I will fling the catfish away ehn
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by baralatie(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
If shawa fish bone hang you for throat ?(you go know howfar)

But if Dem cook catfish for you and back it with white rice or you me t people who know how to smoke catfish.omo you will fall in luv

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Princeadebayo11(m): 8:28pm On Jan 23, 2023
ChatterHouse:
Tinupoo fish
Hiss... Too dry
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by jibrilELsudan: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
CAT FISH

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ENJOY IN THIS TASTELESS FISH

MY PREFERRED FISH IS KUKUNASE

Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by spencekat(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2023
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by realestate99: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2023
Catfish is cool when you get the one in its natural habitat, but all these pond raised one is a no no for me.

Croaker is my choice, even the head is edible.

Shawa is a Sapa induced fish, it is somehow too sweet and causes one to nearly throw up

Titus is cool but the dark variant which people call fake make me run from it. That " fake " one is like eating sawdust.
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by Amayabor1: 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2023
Herring na poor man fish. Very tasteless!
Re: Which Of These Is Your Least preferred? by realestate99: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
baralatie:
If shawa fish bone hang you for throat ?(you go know howfar)

But if Dem cook catfish for you and back it with white rice or you me t people who know how to smoke catfish.omo you will fall in luv
Shawa bones dey play for where " Agbodo" dey, Agbodo was a big scaly fish popular in the Southwest around mid 90s and early 2000s, there was even a slang then," if you have an aged person at home , do not give the person Agbodo especially the head of the fish or else you are preparing for funeral". When we eat that fish that time, the bones we would pack after the meal, you will think we used the fish for practical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? / How To Make Nigerian Meatpie: Full Steps, Methods And Ingredient Required / Peeling Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.