Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan (11408 Views)

Akpabio, Udom, Mbang Meet With Obasanjo / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Fatdon(m): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2012
As the feud between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his one-time protégé, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, deepens, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has declared that he is not involved in their voyage of acrimony.

Atiku, who is the Turakin’Adamawa, disclosed that contrary to reports that he is teaming up with Obasanjo to fight Jonathan, nothing of such existed.

Whereas an interview request with the former number two citizen is pending, Sunday Vanguard was informed by the Atiku camp that the former VeePee is not in any type of talks, formal or otherwise, with Obasanjo for the purpose of moving against the incumbent president.

Long time spokesman for the former Vice President, Mallam Garba Shehu, disclosed that “there are no formal talks going on between former President Obasanjo and the Turaki (Atiku Abubakar).”

Shehu told Sunday Vanguard: “We are aware that alignments and realignments are going-on on almost every front. This is to be expected. It is in the nature of politics. For some time now the Turaki has fully immersed himself in reconciliation with party members across the length and breadth of the country”.

Responding to the specific issue of the 2015 presidential election and plots to root out Jonathan, he said: “On the recurrent issue of the alleged face-off between former President Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan, the Turaki strongly insists that he knows nothing about it. He, too, he says, has read about it in the newspapers and left it at that.

“To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of any political meeting between President Obasanjo and his former Vice President Atiku Abubakar. Speculations to the effect that he has teamed up with his former boss to fight President Jonathan are therefore totally unfounded”.

When he was reminded that the peace initiative Atiku engaged with Obasanjo may have suggested that both men have patched up their differences and may be once again working together for the 2015 project, especially given the very frosty relationship between Obasanjo and President Jonathan now, Mallam Shehu explained thus:

“Turaki’s peace overture to his former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, although much misunderstood, should be taken in this context. Today, the Turaki feels much as ease with himself having taken the olive branch to about everyone with whom he had one form of falling out or the other.

“The former Vice President believes that vengeance is a negative emotion that ruins the quality of one’s happiness. Many people are amazed why he has no difficulty talking to perceived enemies. His conviction, however, is that forgiveness costs him nothing.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/no-talks-with-obj-to-fight-jonathan-atiku/

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Fatdon(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2012
You mean I should live in a
country where Atiku is a Preside
God forbid! I have a problem
understanding a well educated
Jonathan let alone Atiku. Nigeria
deserves better, okay?

10 Likes

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 09, 2012
Fatdon: You mean I should live in a
deserves better, okay?
GBAM!!!
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2012
Athiefu still want 2 come back? Nigeria you are in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Ekans: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2012
Are they the best this country can boast of?.Money politics is killing this country.

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by eduson77(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2012
GBAM GBAM

slickrick7: GBAM!!!
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by eduson77(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2012
GBAM
Fatdon: You mean I should live in a
deserves better, okay?
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Trut(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2012
Hustling for their selfish interest, we the youths need to KICK this ZOMBIES ASS out of naija government.

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by malele(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2012
God pls kill off all these men so that we can start from the scratch again

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by eduson77(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2012
AM GLAD WE HAVE WISE MEN IN NAIRALAND
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2012
I want to believe that Atiku is a student of history, he should know by now that those who foolishly sought power by riding in the back of the tiger ended up in the belly of the tiger...

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Troll: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2012
Slow-Poison (GEJ) vs. Evil-Genius (OBJ) Who Go Win? grin
Atiku On The Other Hand Has No Permanent Friend Nor A Permanent Enemy Only A Permanent Interest In Actualizing A VEERRRY LOOOOONNG Dream Of Becoming A President. undecided
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by highlandre(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2012
I support every alliance and talk to oust this non performing govt come 2015. The truth must be told that GEJ, a perceived good-willed man, does not have the capacity to lead a complex nation like Nigeria. It is common knowledge that actions, not wishful thinking, define the essence of leadership, a quality in short supply in Mr. President.

However, OBJ, Atiku and their likes will never be leaders of this country again, insha Allah! *Heads to church

3 Likes

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Wsdm: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2012
Although God can decree anything. As far as i am concern, Atiku should be the very last person to become president for now.
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 09, 2012
malele: God pls kill off all these men so that we can start from the scratch again
I kinda agree
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by bbpreye2: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2012
The day GEJ ceases to be the president of Nigeria, there might be war because of the following reasons;

1. Militants will go back to the creeks and this time it will be bloody
2. If a northerner takes over the Igbos won't find it funny they may ressurect the Biafra spirit
3. You guys on Nairaland don't know what is happening in the Niger delta, I mean core Niger delta not those igbos claiming to be among us, if we break away from Nigeria, the rest of Nigeria will be doomed!

So all you haters of GEJ should STFU and wait till 2019 before u start ranting!

GBAM!

4 Likes

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by omarky(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2012
I can't comprehend what this Turakin or whatever he calls himself want in aso rock again. He's known to be a traitor. He betrayed his boss, AC came to his refuge, he dumped the progressive and went back to where he originally came from and some fool still go about chantting his name... History is against him. Nigerians deserve a better Leader....
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2012
these northern politicians thieves and their silly strategies, you hardly see the likes of atiku and buhari doing anything for the country or the people, with all the money we assume they have, only Dangote and few other help in building the nation, others will just hide until election/campaign season is near, then you see their brainwashed minions burning churches and killing innocent people because a northerner didn't win.

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by losak9111(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2012
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Fkforyou(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2012
I swear,all dis our leaders just take us to be MuMu,even if i dey dream i won't vote atiku nor dis so called Goodluck.I voted ribadu and i dnt regret it...I just wish we Nigerians would put sentiments aside and put logic first,dis buffons are playing with our intellect and I say it's time we take them by suprise b'cos onething is for sure,they can't do without us(our vote),I dont know about you guys but am not blind anymore..(in katy perry's voice)."I'm wide awake"...STAND UP NIGERIANS.....!!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by searay(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2012
Youths are the leaders of tomorrow.
It's this popular saying working in Nigeria?
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by bayulll01(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:
The day GEJ ceases to be the president of Nigeria, there might be war because of the following reasons;

2. If a northerner takes over the Igbos won't find it funny they may ressurect the Biafra spirit
3. You guys on Nairaland don't know what is happening in the Niger delta, I mean core Niger delta not those igbos claiming to be among us, if we break away from Nigeria, the rest of Nigeria will be doomed!

GBAM!
and u are very retarrd and clueeless just as ur gej,guy stfu am in delta for their phucking nysc,i tink bcoz of u pple nigeria should not divide cos that region is very volatile we have itshekeri,uhrobobo ijaw okpe those people are sometinx else

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
Does it matter if they form a strategy? SE for GEJ 2015 - 2019. We Igbos want to claim the Niger Delta oil, gas, seaports, and women cool
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by bbpreye2: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
bayulll01:
and u are very retarrd and clueeless just as ur gej,guy stfu am in delta for their phucking nysc,i tink bcoz of u pple nigeria should not divide cos that region is very volatile we have itshekeri,uhrobobo ijaw okpe those people are sometinx else

Good you know! So u and your retardeens should shut ur mouth and enjoy the fresh air from GEJ cos u can stand the heat that will come out of Nigerdelta when you Bleep up!
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by honestivo(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
bayulll01:
@bayu dats d consiquency if a niger deltan did nt b on dat seat com 2015
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Mohammedekete: 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2012
Trut: Hustling for their selfish interest, we the youths need to KICK this ZOMBIES ASS out of naija government.
kick first we shall join you
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by VirginFinder: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
Obj is a very wise man.

He knows he is much safer with a GEJ being president than Atiku.

GEJ'll eventually leave Aso rock an ordinary man whenever he is done but Atiku'll leave a grandmaster and overshadow OBJ.

Even Yar'Adua was able to whittle down OBJ's influence within a shortwhile of assuming office.

OBJ fears that scenario and will do all in his power to stop it from happening.

The current OBJ/GEJ feud will be resolved amicably.

1 Like

Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by NovusHomo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2012
malele: God pls kill off all these men so that we can start from the scratch again

Its in your hands, brothers and sisters. Its in your hands.
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by aforebby: 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2012
We dnt need all ds men in nigeria leadership again,dey are bird of d same feather,dey are just protecting their interest,we want fresh blood.these people are corrupt we need to format them
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by nuelkaosi(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
Choi! Bt ds OBJ urgly ooooo upon all d moni wey him chop.. Moni cnt buuy u a fine face too grin grin
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by basadenet: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
That is what we call real politicking in Nigeria, that is, if you can beat them join them. Atiku i like your syle.
Re: Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan by Leboska(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

GBAM!
i laugh in spanish u think so? Seriously i pity u guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WTO Nominee, Okonjo-Iweala, Says She Has “Strong Support” From Africa / Is The Worst Democracy Better Than The Best Military Rule / NLC Strike Flops, Partial Compliance In States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.