Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State (13277 Views)

‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains / Anambra: Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers; INEC Official / We Will Fix Refineries With Money Saved From Subsidy Removal - Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
MossLuv:
Reno with his tiny legs is a stupid fellow without good character. Nobody can trust him
for me I trust him die
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by hunter21(m): 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Adaisback:
Reno , stop smoking mkpurunmiri. The thing is doing a great damage to you. Obiano should come out and tell us where he got the 20 million he gave to each community in Anambra state during his first 6months in office. Did that money fall from heaven? Oh, you don't want ndi Anambra to save for rainy days. You want us to be beggers and borrowers like Buhari and Nigeria. Reno, ndi Anambra will soon come for you. Di Kwa careful. Even Simon Ekpa is afraid of Anambra state
Adaobi?
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 25, 2023
Henryfortune:

Is saving an investment?
Put 1k in any of your savings account for 3 months with out touching it. You'll be paid interest.
What do you call that?
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:17am On Jan 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
why he didn't build the airport by himself?

He did the roadmap to that, just like Tinubu did road map to BRT, while Tinubu didn’t build brt by himself? You are so dumb sha, is 8 years? Enough,

No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads, Google it, if I lie I credit you 50k.

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor till today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

Obi is someone you would be looking up to if not for politics. A rare gem in Nigeria sphere.
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 4:42am On Jan 25, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

He did the roadmap to that, just like Tinubu did road map to BRT, while Tinubu didn’t build brt by himself? You are so dumb sha, is 8 years? Enough,

No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads, Google it, if I lie I credit you 50k.

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor till today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

Obi is someone you would be looking up to if not for politics. A rare gem in Nigeria sphere.
unfortunately Ibo man can never become a president during our life time
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:46am On Jan 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:

He is one of the best Nigerians alive, I wish he can and if destiny willing, he will. We are not destiny….
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:30am On Jan 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:

Fuel scarcity no be only igbo man e hold oo, Abi food hike na for only igbo man land, or insecurity na for only igbo? Inflation na only igbo? Rape na only igbo? Corruption na only igbo?

You have to look beyond certain things, Yoruba failed, south south failed, north failed, why not try the most competent of all of them we will ever have since 1999 to mount that place.

Obi is someone who would not sweat to bring any investor in the world. He would be a magnificent negotiator, having succeeded in all phase from banking, business, corporate, tech company, etc.
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Adaisback(f): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2023
hunter21:

Adaobi?
yes dear, Adadike or adugo
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Sojiboi(m): 7:49am On Jan 25, 2023
Obi na Asake e just from no where come collect all spaces for countdown chai
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by MeineMutter: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2023
excellence44:

Saudi Arabia has one of the highest sovereign wealth fund in the world. Is the Saudi king a fool for saving?
The state is an economic entity just like you and even the business sector. These 3 sectors save(agg saving) and it is what is saved that is invested.
Normally, Reno noget sense during this election.

Saudi Arabia has met nearly all her needs before it started saving. No Saudi citizen goes to bed hungry in Saudi Arabia. None of them sleeps in dilapidated houses the way it is in Anambra and other parts of Nigeria.

Obi was trying to eat with both hands, by investing Anambra’s money in Fidelity Bank but calling it savings. Doing so would make him earn higher remuneration as a director then. The bank would have access to the fund and use it to make more money and indirectly for Obi to earn more dividends as a shareholder and for his shares to appreciate. He should have put the money in another bank, instead of Fidelity Bank, for us to believe he is transparent and loves Anambra.

The N75billion he locked down with Fidelity bank could have built 15,000 modern, fully-insulated and moderately-furnished containerized houses in Anambra at an average cost of N5million per house, including landscaping and access( brick interlocking ni o) roads within the community.

This project can be carried out in 5 towns/cities that have most housing challenges in Anambra at 3,000 houses per town/city.

He didn’t need to award this as a contract. Otherwise, all commissioners involved and Accountant General and Auditor General and party executives will have their own cuts from the contract.

He could have used Anambra indigenes as volunteers e.g. Anambra younger graduates who are architects, civil engineers, builders, surveyors, welders, town planners, organized artisans associations, women who would cook, drummers who would entertain on sites etc.

He would source and buy needed materials locally, other than additional containers needed and insulation materials.

He would have used younger PR and media company for the coverage and documentation of all that happen on the project.

He could even have opened a gofundme account, incase some people want to donate towards such project. And I am certain Anambrarians home and abroad would love to donate to this.

He would have opened a Hall of Fame where names and pictures of every volunteers would be digitally displayed, for posterity.

This is one, out of many ways, leaders can impact their societies positively but not by stashing people’s money away and be calling it savings.

I have attached samples of containerized buildings here for you to see.

Edited: this last time I checked, a 40 feet co Rainer was selling for N600k. Two containers can build two bedroom duplex for middle income earners in Anambra and one container can build a room and palour self-contained house so singles and newly-wedded family’s with one kid. Low income earners could go for this and even be asked to pay over in 15 years.

More enhanced and cheap houses of other this or other types can be replicated across the states.

If he was able to raise more fund, a mini power plant that could power their street lights and water treatment plants could be procured.

I am certain corporate organizations and NGO could be impressed by this and want to partner with the state in equipping public parks, healthcare centers, schools etc within such community.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Wipper7000: 11:14am On Jan 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

Why would it matter to me in a country where others put the money in Swiz accounts that they have no interests, and the money is long gone

At least Anambra people know where their money is, others dont where their money has gone
Did you just say Anambra people knows where the money is ? A former Governor that cant stay in is own state rather chooses another state and called the other state home. Obi the scammer fooled all of you by keeping the money in the bank which he has interest which is an offence. How much interest is accrued to Anambra?
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by gidgiddy: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Wipper7000:
Did you just say Anambra people knows where the money is ? A former Governor that cant stay in is own state rather chooses another state and called the other state home. Obi the scammer fooled all of you by keeping the money in the bank which he has interest which is an offence. How much interest is accrued to Anambra?

Peter Obi has only one house in Nigeria and that house is in Onitsha, Anambra

I dont care what interest he has in the Bank, Anambra people know where their money is

Others don't even know that their money has long gone to Swiz accounts
Re: Reno Omokri: Money Saved By Obi In Anambra Was An Investment For Him Not State by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
gidgiddy:

Peter Obi has only one house in Nigeria and that house is in Onitsha, Anambra

I dont care what interest he has in the Bank, Anambra people know where their money is

Others don't even know that their money has long gone to Swiz accounts
and 1 wristwatch too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigeria's Economic Recession Is Affecting West Africa - ECOWAS / Ganduje: "We Will Drag Buhari To Court If He Refuses To Seek Reelection" / Peter Obi An Iconic Son Of Igboland - Gov. Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.