Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses (24657 Views)

Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Osinbajo Asks CBN To Bow To Market Forces Says Exchange Rate Is Artificially Low / Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by Deoo1125: 6:32am On Jan 25, 2023
Who be this fool self, thunder Wan fire u and ur generation unborn ni. I don't how some people think, u think playing politics with people life is fool?

Ddokie:
If meffy will do one good thing, it should be to ensure that the deadline remains. Even if he is to extend it, it shouldn't be more than a 2 week extension I.e. Feb 14 there about.

Under no circumstance should the present naira notes be available during the General elections.

If anyone thinks the senate is asking for an extension because they love Nigerians, that person must be joking. Their one and only reason for whining is because it will 'cut their ticket' which is vote buying.

Every well meaning Nigerian should support meffy. Take your old naira notes to the bank and lodge it in.

It would be tough to transact initially, but we will adjust in a month or two. Meanwhile vote buying would reduce significantly, which will ensure that BAT and his band of urchins would have been dealt a heavy blow on election day, and sent to the rubbish bin of infamous history.

Omo, you have no idea how much cash these guys have warehoused.

Yes, they will have access to the new notes but it will be nothing compared to the stash of old notes they have at the moment.

Do you know governors are paying contractors in cash as we speak?

Let them go and open bank accounts and lodge the monies in. simplicita.

Why are they unbanked in the first place? Make dem dey play, there money will rot in their hands. I have no pity for those ones.

The ones I sympathise with are those whose transactions would be hampered as a result of the change. I too will be affected because my business is completely cash based. But the benefit ( significantly reducing vote buying) outweighs any difficulties that will arise.

Let BAT and his urchins carry rice and ororo to polling stations on election day.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by Kaycee9242(m): 6:43am On Jan 25, 2023
opera1:
It will be wife and safe to extend the time because as at today, banks are still given out the old notes, which is not supposed to be.

CBN didn't do well by printing limited [500m] of the new notes.

Serious Naira Scarcity will surely occur after the withdrawal of old currency.

One thing you should know is that people are currently hoarding the new ones that they manage to lay hand on, they are not spending it but after the deadline you will be amazed how new ones will flood out.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by Ddokie: 9:07am On Jan 25, 2023
Deoo1125:
Who be this fool self, thunder Wan fire u and ur generation unborn ni. I don't how some people think, u think playing politics with people life is fool?

I for easily report you to one mod make dem band you, but unto say i understand say as an URCHIN that you are, your brain na shit full am naturally so I go chill.

I'm sure your entire net worth is not up to 200k, yet you dey chook mouth for money matter.

Cmon getaat.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by lajoo504: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2023
unclejb2:
there is no stockpiling anything....there is not enough in circulation to buy votes next month.....

You need hundreds of billions in cash if your plan was to buy votes nation wide, and the available cash in circulation at the moment is not up to N5b.

For your information, about 50% or more of what is released by CBN is already in the hands of the politicians but that's not even the bone of contention here but let's just wait till Feb 1st and we will be here to talk about content again
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by orisa37: 11:25am On Jan 25, 2023
The CBN CAN INSIST ON DEADLINE WHEN THE NEW NOTES ARE FULLY AVAILABLE.
THE BANKS SHOULD BE STOPPED FROM MIXING OLD NAIRA WITH THE NEW IN ALL THEIR PAYMENTS HENCEFORTH.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by orisa37: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2023
orisa37:
The CBN CAN INSIST ON DEADLINE WHEN THE NEW NOTES ARE FULLY AVAILABLE.
THE BANKS SHOULD BE STOPPED FROM MIXING OLD NAIRA WITH THE NEW IN ALL THEIR PAYMENTS HENCEFORTH.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE BANKS SHOULD BE STOPPED FROM PAYING OUT OLD NAIRA NOTES FROM THE 1st OF FEBRUARY, 2023.
AND STOPPED RECEIVING AND EXCHANGING OLD NAIRA NOTES FROM THE END OF TWO MONTHS AFTER 31: 01: 23 TO 31: 03: 23.

From ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by unclejb2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
lajoo504:

For your information, about 50% or more of what is released by CBN is already in the hands of the politicians but that's not even the bone of contention here but let's just wait till Feb 1st and we will be here to talk about content again
that 50% is not enough to buy votes in one state.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by smart8956: 6:44am On Jan 27, 2023
The only thing I ever benefited from Buhari was lifting my family out of poverty, the cash (loan) called household facilities really benefited alot of people. Imagine a family of 5 who had registered early and all receiving cash transferof 500k each? Some bought lands,some invest into business, some manage to add up and travel out. Buhari God bless you for that.
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by Horus(m): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJktM-n-CZc

NASS Asks CBN to Extend the Deadline on Old Naira Notes by Six Months
Re: New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses by Deoo1125: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Lol, I go feed u and ur generation ubnborn. Udiot

Ddokie:

I for easily report you to one mod make dem band you, but unto say i understand say as an URCHIN that you are, your brain na shit full am naturally so I go chill.

I'm sure your entire net worth is not up to 200k, yet you dey chook mouth for money matter.

Cmon getaat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / Sule Lamido’s Sons Arrested Over Alleged N10b Fraud / We Have Spent N50bn Taking Care Of Benue Flood Victims – Gov Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.