Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. (2700 Views)

Profiled For Being Ethiopian And Denied Boarding Plane By Kenya Airways / I’m In Ireland Because I Ran Away From My Marriage / I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by Originalsly: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2023
chrisxxx:

Everyone before me was only showing their passports and we're being allowed to pass. When I got there I reàlised some facial exchanges among the immigration officers. They never asked anyone before me any questions.

Everyone before you was showing non Nigerian passports? ... and only you presented Nigerian passport? Why were you looking and observing what passports they were presenting?... do you know they were observing you? ... when you got up you are then observing their facial exchanges.... did you know they were still observing you and de ided to pull you for check .... even before you presented your passport? Were you the only Nigerian on the flight?... did you observe any other person singled out for random check? If there were other Nigerians then ask yourself why you were the only one singled out. No doubt.... we are generally more scrutinized than others ... thanks to the reputation built by those who travelled before. Did you for a moment think they pulled you for another reason?... and not becaise of Nigerian passport?
Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by nisai: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2023
fk001:

Restructuring will change little or nothing.

Separation is the best
Thank you.
Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Babaken:
You get intelligent brain.
Thank you.
Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
chrisxxx:
I found myself in Doha Qatar to catch a connecting flight to the UK. While waiting for boarding time I met other nationalities. Seconds got to minutes and minuted progressed to hours and it came to time to board.
Everyone before me was only showing their passports and we're being allowed to pass. When I got there I reàlised some facial exchanges among the immigration officers. They never asked anyone before me any questions.
They started by questioning me of the reason of travelling and the next they told me was to sit at the dock as I have been selected for random security checks. Is the random security check only a person?
I became scared as I had to wait for the police to come.
I will continue...

Sometimes this happens at the airport, i have been stopped and questioned at istanbul and heathrow airports and i was not cayying Nigerian passport in those occassions.
Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by ednut1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
justwise:

Sometimes this happens at the airport, i have been stopped and questioned at istanbul and heathrow airports and i was not cayying Nigerian passport in those occassions.
colour of skin My friend was selected twice in Doha too. He was livid

1 Like

Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by Emmanuel909090: 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2023
Good read
Re: I Was Selectively Profiled Because I Am A Nigerian. by Tats(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
They gave you the reason. It simply means that you did not behave like the average Nigerian will do by carrying heavy luggage (which is mostly food), so you were flagged. Nothing wrong with going with very light luggage. I always return to the UK with very light luggage, but then I don't fly Qatar Airways.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will I Be Banned For Life From Entering United states of american / 17 Awesome Photos Of Interesting International Borders / 8 Things To Throw Out Of Your Bag When Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.