Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria (2495 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Obasanjo Is A Good Farmer But A Bad Economist - Sanusi / Picture Of President Obasanjo Kissing A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by okewole(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2006
Obj Ready To Die For Nigeria--of What Importance?

It sounds so stupid to hear someone saying he wants to die for Nigria when Nigerians don't even want to hear anything about him.  All Nigerians want is for him to leave after his tenure so that better and competent people can come on board.  If he dies then [i hope] nobody will start spending Nigeria money on frivolous things like giving him a national burial.

The Martyrs And Messiahs Association Of Nigeria
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by tejuoso1(f): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2006
so long sucker, does he think people loves him what's the point he's leaving anyway
tongue,
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by ono(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2006
[url]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/feb/28/national%20-28-02-2006-001.htm[/url]

My people, OBJ now wants to die for his fatherland. Please read the above story. Make una helep us tell am say if he die now, he has nothing to lose or regret. As far as I'm concerned, the death of OBJ for any cause will not amount to much in the nations polity; so, if he wants to die, he should go and die in Ota Farm, and be buried there - maybe Bird Flu will help accelerate this!!

He has spent 8 solid years in reforming the country. All he has to show for the eight years are:

- Corruption at its peak in the Petroleum Ministry
- Gangsterism, thugism, intimidation via the use of state security apparatus
- Selective persecution, and unjust killings
- Double didgit inflation rate
- Unemployment
- Bribery at the highest level (Ghana-must- go-bagism at the NA and Police)
- Extra judicial killings
- Hike in fuel prices
- Comatose education sector
- Dailapidated and corruption enmeshed aviation sector
- Hungary policemen, in both rank and file
- Chicanery from basketmouths - praise singers and bootlickers
- Unjust removal, through unconstitutional means of elected public officials
- Over bloated, nepotic, and despotic array of special and senior special assistants

The list goes on and on,

So, if he wants to die for this country, let all that he has done in the last eight years kill him. Then he will be accorded a heroic welcome to the other side.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by oggie(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2006
Come on guys, does baba really thinks real Nigerians care if he dies? Some body please give me his e-mail address quick. tongue
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by shockreaction(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2006
Haha. Funny. That's why I like this old man. I'm sure he's got a plan for something. . . Such a smart fellow.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by ababoy1(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2006
I don’t specifically see OBJ as a fearless man. Calling him a coward will be a bit too strong, in any case he goes around pronouncing himself as the subjugator(?) of Biafra.

Looking back in time, this was a guy who was so disinclined to take over from MM when he was killed, reports have it that he almost crapped himself when he was asked to take over. Now that could be just chitchat.

Another school of thought has it that he handed over to Shagari quickly, not because he believed in democracy, but because he was fearful ….

I believe this same fear is responsible for him wanting to die(?) for us (i.e. remain in power)

He is unsure of what lies ahead when he loses power. His imaginary bravery has always had a power base behind it….

Personally I would want him to carry on, for the sole reason of fighting corruption -No matter how imperfect or selective. Like him I don’t see true democracy as the way forward for Nigeria. Not at the present time….We simply lack the discipline.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by africanboy(m): 11:42am On Mar 02, 2006
isnt his message coded. Abacha died trying to succeed himself.

Wole Soyinka warned him about dying if he tries to go for thrid term (will search for the source), if OBJ now says he wants to "DIE" for Nigeria, doesnt that means he wants a third term badly, he is willing to risk all.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Dewumi(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2006
shocked SHHH,  ok people, Chris Okotie For President
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Badman888(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2006
Obj is just saying this to syke people into keeping him for third term, but as Gani said and most Nigerians want, is that he should go instead of dying.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by ahmedluv: 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2006
I BEG MAKE U NO DIE 4 NIGERIA BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE WAITING TO SEE THE FINAL JUDRGMENT OF THE ATTROCITY YOU AND YOUR GOVERNENT HAVE COMMITTED AGAIST NIGERIA PEOPLE. PLS DONT DIE BECAUSE YOUR THIRD TERM WAS A FAILURE.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by kimba(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2006
BABA was just trying to get himself emotional.

story story, story,
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by BarryBoy1: 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2006
If he is ready to die let him, but we can't use our money to bury him and his wive who went for plastic surgeon grin
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 12:19am On Mar 03, 2006
@Barry Boy

na tru u talk my broda. dem dey ship my money (OIL MONEY 4RM IJAW LAND) go spain 2 do make up @ wat age. abi wu she wan do sis 4 because her b/day near?

CHIEF PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN AREMU BABA IYABO OKO STELLA OBASANJO, may 29 2007 is ur expiry date. jus go n rest n let d next corrupt leader take over n chop.

nobody accomplishes his/her mission evn on earth, talk less of in an appointed office. jus do ur best n leave d rest. no long thin!!!
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by tejuoso1(f): 11:05am On Mar 03, 2006
may be OBJ is still insane about his late wife. sad sad sad
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Hunter(m): 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2006
Of course this could be his way of saying "i'm about to retire"
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2006
which late wife? abi does he want 2 tell me he dznt kno anythin bout d death of his wife n d bellview victims in less dan 24hrs?

abeg, dis is naija. we see, yet we dont speak.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by osteen(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2006
Omo u don talk am finsh. OBJ die if u go die but no be nigar u dey die for,
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2006
ono:

[url]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/feb/28/national%20-28-02-2006-001.htm[/url]

My people, OBJ now wants to die for his fatherland. Please read the above story. Make una helep us tell am say if he die now, he has nothing to lose or regret. As far as I'm concerned, the death of OBJ for any cause will not amount to much in the nations polity; so, if he wants to die, he should go and die in Ota Farm, and be buried there - maybe Bird Flu will help accelerate this!!

He has spent 8 solid years in reforming the country. All he has to show for the eight years are:

- Corruption at its peak in the Petroleum Ministry
- Gangsterism, thugism, intimidation via the use of state security apparatus
- Selective persecution, and unjust killings
- Double didgit inflation rate
- Unemployment
- Bribery at the highest level (Ghana-must- go-bagism at the NA and Police)
- Extra judicial killings
- Hike in fuel prices
- Comatose education sector
- Dailapidated and corruption enmeshed aviation sector
- Hungary policemen, in both rank and file
- Chicanery from basketmouths - praise singers and bootlickers
- Unjust removal, through unconstitutional means of elected public officials
- Over bloated, nepotic, and despotic array of special and senior special assistants

The list goes on and on,

So, if he wants to die for this country, let all that he has done in the last eight years kill him. Then he will be accorded a heroic welcome to the other side.

Ah, Baba! See all your "achievements"! See the democracy "dividends"! Of course your enemies will not see that you are the best for our kwantiri! how can they see? they have eyes and yet cannot see!
Is it not during your time that at least nigeria picked the silver medal in corruption? How many "great" countries have won a Transparency International medal?
With you in power sir, may the "Lord" on whom you are waiting on for direction glue your seat to Aso villa. May you marry and have many more children on the throne.
Sir, don't contemplate dying o! shocked How can you die when you have not finished your "good" work?
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 1:33am On Mar 04, 2006
@Teju Oso and IBB

To use his late wife in such a political statement is bad, very bad.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by mochafella(m): 1:34am On Mar 04, 2006
Well if he dies, at least this noise of a 3rd term will reduce.
He should just go ahead and die so Mantu and the remaining syncophants will stop fiddling with the constitution.
It would frankly be good riddance to bad nonsense.
And maybe just put the fear of God into the next leech that thinks the lifetime presidency is his birthright.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Dauda(m): 6:43am On Mar 06, 2006
May his wish come true. Quickly.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by lurvsite(f): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2006
mochafella:

Well if he dies, at least this noise of a 3rd term will reduce.
He should just go ahead and die so Mantu and the remaining syncophants will stop fiddling with the constitution.
It would frankly be good riddance to bad nonsense.
And maybe just put the fear of God into the next leech that thinks the lifetime presidency is his birthright.

True talk
Maybe he is becoming senile, u know it is a common thing for a man his age, so we shouldnt blame the man when he starts mis yarning
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by burteeone(m): 9:32am On Mar 07, 2006
Chairman of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP) and Second Republic Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa, has lent his voice to public reactions to President Olusegun Obasanjo’s declaration of his preparedness to die for Nigeria.

President Obasanjo had told a delegation of Chinese investors, which visited him, that he was ready to die to ensure the country’s development.

“Everything I do now is to protect Nigeria’s interest and if that will cost me my life, so be it,” he said.

The President said no obstacle would stop him from developing the country, adding: “We believe we can grow our economy by 10 percent every year and if we sustain that for 15 years, we will become a middle strength country industrially.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/mar/6/805.html

Is like Baba have a good vision fo Naija oooooo
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2006
as GANI said, he shouldn't die 4 us cuz we know he won't or is he saying dat cuz Stella is dead, diz is his 3rd term, he should go and retire at Ota and pave way 2 other ppl and nobody dat has ruled b4,
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by ono(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2006
Surely the odds are too much for baba OBJ to handle. It's surprising though that Musa could finger him as one of those who bought govt. property in the name of BPE.

God save his people.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by tejuoso1(f): 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2006
I'm wit u hotsteppe
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by africanboy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2006
lets be nice to the man and send him off ina golden coffin, @ least it is his wish to die, though not for us
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by burteeone(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2006
a rejected stone can still be a chief corner stone, let see wetin Baba Obj want to carried out by dying for us, angry angry angry
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by okewole(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2006
Now dt the third term ve been past my Mantu by voice vote and baba is ready to bribe the senators and house members,Nigerian should be ready to spend so much on his funeral as he is bent on dying for Nigeria.WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by ahmedluv: 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2006
obj please you are not the Jesus Christ of our time so y must u die 4 Nigerians.like many Christian believes,Jesus Christ came and die for their sins.2day we have not committed so mush DAT we need somebody 2 die 4 us.pls just handover power come2007 and see who can perform more than u.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by mochafella(m): 12:19am On Mar 11, 2006
burteeone:

“We believe we can grow our economy by 10 percent every year and if we sustain that for 15 years, we will become a middle strength country industrially.”

Is like Baba have a good vision fo Nigeria oooooo

I wonder if he has acheieved 10 percent in 2 consecutive years, not to talk of 15. The man is senile. Maybe his wife's departure pushed him over.
Re: President Obasanjo Is Ready To Die For Nigeria by IBBFan(m): 9:25am On Mar 11, 2006
does Baba know about nairaland? i think someone whould provide me with his email address so that i can forward this topic to him (hopefully it won't go straight into his junk folder and i end up getting an auto-response).

wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Hope Is There For The Education Sector? / Nigerian Best Dailies Online. / 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.