Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm (56297 Views)

Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by Enemyofpeace: 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
The money no even fine sef
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by Enemyofpeace: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Happy Queuing day.
Which queue are you joining?🤷🤷
Queue for New naira notes🤷
Queue for PVC, 🤷Queue for Fuel🤷
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by yemi1504: 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
lsoul:
This will keep people stranded next week, some much of 1000naira note in circulation already, so if one enters a bus and pay fare of 300naira, how are they going cope with giving change of 500 and 200.

That is the million dollar question. Solution is loading the ATMs with 200 naira first and then after a few weeks, go up to 500 and 1000 for easy change and the 200 notes would have circulated already.
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by yemi1504: 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
zeemahn:

Lol. You'll still collect old Naira notes as change. I started withdrawing new notes since ending of last year. But today I still have a lot of old notes because 5h and 2h are scarce as hell. I was thinking that ATMs will be stocked with 2H in line with the CBN policy but alas - 1k everywhere.

Abi. Policy somersault incoming.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by otokx(m): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
All first bank and Zenith banks ATM dispense the new naira notes

The one at Rumokoro was dispensing 100 naira today but it has finished.

Zenith Rumokoro ATM was empty.
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by lendahand(m): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
Daviestunech:
Morning my fellow nairalander,

As we all know the present scarcity of the new naira note, despite the deadline still fixed on 31st of January 2023..

I just say make I reach bank if I go see money withdraw even if na old note I no mind as time still day..

My turn came nd I was able to withdraw the new naira note..

Seems those banks are now really stacking up their ATMs with the new naira note

Those notes look more like the old one. New one should be bluish
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by maasoap(m): 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
PureMe01:
THIEFNUBUU is a gonna grin
Obi is the next president. Oya urchins come and wail on my mention lol

I don't get how scarcity of fuel and new naira notes give victory to Obi! I'm still looking for connection. Zombiedients are just too funny
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by naijakissleave(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
The leadership of the CBN do not know the effects of this policy of returning old Naira Notes is causing to people in remote areas, villages etc
They are suffering more than those in the city
Many of them have not seen or feel what is like
They should extend the deadline of the old notes for their sake
There is HUNGER in those areas i mentioned because I am in touch with people in the North, down South and East
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by Daviestunech(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
lendahand:

Those notes look more like the old one. New one should be bluish

It's the new naira notes
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by deeplive1: 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
The money look like fake...
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by mechanics(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
Congratulations.
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by lendahand(m): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Daviestunech:

It's the new naira notes
lol ok it must be camera illusions then
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by Freeze007(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Buy blue, soak the old note in it, iron it and you are good to use the old naira notes just I case you still have the old naira notes...

Come pay your tithe if it works
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by grandstar(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
yaki84:

What do u understand by cashless economy?

What CBN is trying to promote is cashless economy...

We have more than 10trillion of paper cash circulating in nigeria, cbn spend more than 600billion naira, pardon me it my figures are exagerated for naira maintenance.

Why should we paymore than 100k cash for goods we buy?
When there r channels to either send or transfer such funds to the seller.

We talk of market women being mostly affected, but when did we singlehandledly buy stuff from a market woman worth 20k?

Which kind soup u wan cook?

Every sane nigerian should support this project if we really want to restore sanity into the system.

As I said here, I always like listening to experts rather than just talk offhand.

I am not against the cashless policy. It has existed since 2013 if I am correct! The only difference now is that Emefiele has introduced some new restrictions.

You made mention that the CBN spends 600bn yearly on printing new notes. How is that our business? Have you ever asked yourself why is it that the highest denomination in a currency that will soon be 4 digit currency is worth only $1.50. Why won't there the CBN be printing notes.

He now wants banks to only stuff their ATM with N200 bills. Why won't there be excessive printing of notes.

The country must learn to start following best practices. There should be at this juncture, a N5,000 and N2,000 bills. Coins need to be introduced for lower denominations such as the 200 and lower. To blazes to what the people think. This would reduce the enormous cost of printing. Coins also last longer.

What this country needs today isn't a Naira redesign but fast economic growth and this policy frustrates that.

The primary reason why Emefiele introduced this policy was to target politicians and their spending during the coming elections. This is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. No one is fooled.

The Naira crashed on its announcement. This isn't the first time a redesign was carried out. The others went on smoothly except that out 1984 when a certain man was the Military head of state.

The 10 trillion outside the banking sector is none of our business. What do you expect when the CBN is lending the FG excessive amounts of money illegally. The CBN is lending is causing an excess money in circulation and fuelling inflation

Read reports below.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/573795-cbn-loans-to-fg-fueling-inflation-interest-payment-to-gulp-62-revenue-by-2027-world-bank.html
Re: Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm by musazulyadain: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ehhee what do we need from it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association / Chinese Spotted At Onitsha Main Market, Speaks Igbo, Claims Anambra Origin:video / 15 Lucrative Business Ideas That Will Take Center Stage In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.