Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. (2456 Views)

Man Reminds Obidients Who Asked Him For Drinks That Obi Does Not Give Shishi / How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup / Rochas To Build Modern Almajiri Schools In 6 Northern States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2023
1. Taraba
This state is averse to islamic and Fulani dominance, it has various minority tribes that are Christians. This state always vote for Christians and its the reason why no Muslim has ever been a governor in this state.
Many pools suggest that their votes will most likely go to a Christian candidate. Peter Obi is very popular in the state for this reason.

2. Benue
Just like Taraba, Benue is opposed to islamic and Fulani agenda. It's even showining their political battles. They are not going to vote fulanis and Muslims because of the farmers/herders crisis. They are going to vote for a Christian who's going to help them tackle that issue as they have lost confidence in the APC structure and Won't accept another Fulani PDP candidate to rule.

3. Nasarawa
Ditto Benue and Taraba

4. Plateau
Ditto Taraba and Benue

5. Kaduna
The bulk of votes that Peter Obi will get will come from southern Kaduna, which has atleast 1/3 of the states voting capability. This region is antifulani and anti-islamic because of seevral decades of persecution and genocide meted on them. Northern Kaduna is dominated by hausa and will most like votes for Kwankwaso and Atiku.
The central part of Kaduna is mixed, this region will get mixed voting demography.

6. Abuja
Abuja voters are always vote more or like Plateau voters. Election figures usually show similarities. I don't know the reason for this, however the pattern is striking. Maybe it's because it's very metropolitan and consist of very enlightened voters who will always vote for fairness sake.

Above all, these six states usually have similar voting pattern. Sometimes, it may change slightly but above all, these are states where religion can help swing votes. There are struggles in these states to fight Islamic and Fulani dominance hence it affects their voting sentiments.
These states are more likely to vote any Christian candidate than any other candidate especially with the heightened level of Fulani herdsmen killings

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by OnyeAshuaUru: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2023
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Btw, Obi's victory in Abuja will be huge. I have never seen an Igbo person who's not planning to vote, and judging by the fact that Igbos (followed by middle belt tribes) constitute the largest voting percentage in Abuja, I feel nothing but pity for politicians running on platforms other than LP this election season.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by lOXOl: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2023
can win not will win
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2023
OnyeAshuaUru:
A new Nigeria is POssible.
Btw, Obi's victory in Abuja will be huge. I have never seen an Igbo person who's not planning to vote, and judging by the fact that Igbos (followed by middle belt tribes) constitute the largest voting percentage in Abuja, I feel nothing but pity for politicians running on platforms other than LP this election season.
it's not just an Igbo thing, many minority groups in northcentral will vote obi

3 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by iSense247: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2023
No matter how you express your beef and anger against him there are facts you cannot change which include;

1. He ran the most secured state in Nigeria during his tenure. Former IGP Abubarkar gave him 5 years accollades of the most secured state back to back for 5 years.

2. The minister of works then gave him the best accolade of a governor that built 800km of road network in 8years over 230 roads

3. Educationally , He met Anambra at 26th position in 2006 and left it at 1st by 2014 when he was leaving.

4. He was the only governor that met the millennium development goal in Nigeria in both education and health. In fact , Milinda and bill gate foundation gave him a personal gift of 1 million dollar for his achievement. Which he dropped in the state account rather than putting in his own private account.

5. He is the only former governor today that does not collect pension, gratuity, land gift and allowances since he left the govt in 2014.

6. When he became SEC chairman under President Jonathan, he told SEC to hold back all his allowance and entitlement as a Board chairman . He left without nothing. He said he does not need them.

When he was chairman of fidelity bank , he was entitled to two brand new cars annually. He told the board. I don't need them. Let me just come for meetings and go home.

You can only be angry with him. You cannot change the facts.

The only governor who didn’t borrow to achieve, that saved and part of the savings built an airport and did other things.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by OnyeAshuaUru: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
it's not just an Igbo thing, many minority groups in northcentral will vote obi
There's no doubt about that. Nobody is even considering the two aged contenders. Obi has the two largest voting blocs in the Fct on lockdown, and that spells doom for his opponents.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Chiboy419: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2023
You too get Sense bro
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Moh247: 11:49am On Jan 26, 2023
grin

Kaduna?!

Abuja?!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2023
Moh247:
grin

Kaduna?!

Abuja?!
See, Abuja always vote like Plateau and Taraba.

Go ND check history and then come back.

If Obi gets 70% from southern Kaduna, he will win Kaduna because other regions will be slip between Kwankwaso, Atiku and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Moh247: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
See, Abuja always vote like Plateau and Taraba.

Go ND check history and then come back.

If Obi gets 70% from southern Kaduna, he will win Kaduna because other regions will be slip between Kwankwaso, Atiku and Tinubu

Abuja is a PDP major zone.... Any swing would see APC winning slightly

7 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 11:55am On Jan 26, 2023
Moh247:

Abuja is a PDP major zone.... Any swing would see APC winning slightly
Lol, Abuja is an Anti-APC zone not necessarily PDP zone, the only option then was PDP.

Abuja votes religious sentiments because it's cosmopolitan. I can put my last card that Obi will win there

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Moh247: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
Lol, Abuja is an Anti-APC zone not necessarily PDP zone, the only option then was PDP.

Abuja votes religious sentiments because it's cosmopolitan. I can put my last card that Obi will win there

Abuja houses civil servants, Politicians, and white collar workers, Abuja also houses the largest number of Northern rich elite

Obi won't even come 3rd in Abuja

7 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
Moh247:
grin

Kaduna?!

Abuja?!

Obi will win Abuja just like PDP won Abuja in 2019. Those votes were OBI's votes.
Tinubu will lose right in Aso rock polling unit just like APC lost it in 2019.
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
Moh247:

Abuja houses civil servants, Politicians, and white collar workers, Abuja also houses the largest number of Northern rich elite

So why is APC not winning the Abuja?

Why does Abuja have the same always voting pattern as Plateau, Taraba and nearly as Nasarawa and Benue?

Tell me, does it have anything to do with the fact that they don't just like APC? If they don't like APC now, which is the better option? LP or PDP?
You dey whine yourself cheesy

You and I know that APC will be 3rd there. You know

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
Moh247:

Most of the states in NC who voted PDP, they will vote Obi. They didn't vote PDP because PDP is good m, they voted anti-APC campaign and its even going to be worse for APC that Buhari is not on the ballot.

Tinubu cannot win the polling unit in Aso Rock, I am sure about that
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by yarimo(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
1. Taraba
This state is averse to islamic and Fulani dominance, it has various minority tribes that are Christians. This state always vote for Christians and its the reason why no Muslim has ever been a governor in this state.
Many pools suggest that their votes will most likely go to a Christian candidate. Peter Obi is very popular in the state for this reason.

2. Benue
Just like Taraba, Benue is opposed to islamic and Fulani agenda. It's even showining their political battles. They are not going to vote fulanis and Muslims because of the farmers/herders crisis. They are going to vote for a Christian who's going to help them tackle that issue as they have lost confidence in the APC structure and Won't accept another Fulani PDP candidate to rule.

3. Nasarawa
Ditto Benue and Taraba

4. Plateau
Ditto Taraba and Benue

5. Kaduna
The bulk of votes that Peter Obi will get will come from southern Kaduna, which has atleast 1/3 of the states voting capability. This region is antifulani and anti-islamic because of seevral decades of persecution and genocide meted on them. Northern Kaduna is dominated by hausa and will most like votes for Kwankwaso and Atiku.
The central part of Kaduna is mixed, this region will get mixed voting demography.

6. Abuja
Abuja voters are always vote more or like Plateau voters. Election figures usually show similarities. I don't know the reason for this, however the pattern is striking. Maybe it's because it's very metropolitan and consist of very enlightened voters who will always vote for fairness sake.

Above all, these six states usually have similar voting pattern. Sometimes, it may change slightly but above all, these are states where religion can help swing votes. There are struggles in these states to fight Islamic and Fulani dominance hence it affects their voting sentiments.
These states are more likely to vote any Christian candidate than any other candidate especially with the heightened level of Fulani herdsmen killings
hehehe someone that can't win his small Anambra state

2 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Jones4190(m): 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2023
Benue is not part of you simply.
let me take you back to history, do you know what is called Zaki biam massacre or have you head of operation no living thing? it was under a Christian president in 2001 that Nigeria army under the command of pastor olusegun Obasanjo commanded the army to execute hundreds of unarmed civilians, The massacre took place in villages including Gbeji, Vaase, Anyiin, Iorja, Ugba, Tse-Adoor, Sankera, Kyado and Zaki-Biam.

At the time, the Nigerian Army and Obasanjo christian federal government denied that soldiers killed any villagers. However, on Tuesday, 6 November 2007, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Luka Yusuf, publicly offered an apology to the people of Benue State for the killings. and Muslim President Umaru Yar'Adua also visited Benue State to personally apologize on behalf of the federal government of Nigeria. No soldier was ever punished and nobody went to jail for the offences committed.

we benuelite know the politics behind Fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
yarimo:
hehehe someone that can't win his small Anambra state
lol OK 🤣
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Adaisback(f): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bia op, so many Muslims will be voting for obI especially in Kano, kaduna and Gombe State or do you think Muslims don't feel the terrible situation of these country? Many Muslims have been killed , kidnapped and maimed. They go through the same hardship as we do . So don't make this thing a Christian thing coz it's not at all.

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:
Benue is not part of you simply.
let me take you back to history, do you know what is called Zaki biam massacre or have you head of operation no living thing? it was under a Christian president in 2001 that Nigeria army under the command of pastor olusegun Obasanjo commanded the army to execute hundreds of unarmed civilians, The massacre took place in villages including Gbeji, Vaase, Anyiin, Iorja, Ugba, Tse-Adoor, Sankera, Kyado and Zaki-Biam.

At the time, the Nigerian Army and Obasanjo christian federal government denied that soldiers killed any villagers. However, on Tuesday, 6 November 2007, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Luka Yusuf, publicly offered an apology to the people of Benue State for the killings. and Muslim President Umaru Yar'Adua also visited Benue State to personally apologize on behalf of the federal government of Nigeria. No soldier was ever punished and nobody went to jail for the offences committed.

we benuelite know the politics behind Fulani herdsmen
I can but my last card that Obi will win Benue.

Seriously, second will be Atiku with Tinubu at distant 3rd
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Jones4190(m): 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
I can but my last card that Obi will win Benue.

Seriously, second will be Atiku with Tinubu at distant 3rd
which obi, are you from Benue? how do you expect atiku to come second and tinubu to come third.
they are so many factors that favour tinubu in Benue state.
1. ortom fight with ayu will favour tinubu that anybody, do you know that ayu was the one that bring action congress to Benue state that akume letter takeover? he was once a friend of tinubu.
2. father Alia influence will favor APC in the rural areas, apart from cities who know obi in the village?
3. jembagh influence, do you know that ayu is from jembagh that control 3 locals government out of the seven locals government ortom want to represent at the Senate house? Jembagh are waiting patiently for ortom in Feb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:

which obi, are you from Benue? how do you expect atiku to come second and tinubu to come third.
1. ortom fight with ayu will favour tinubu that anybody, do you know that ayu was the one that bring action congress to Benue state that akume letter takeover? he was once a friend of tinubu.
2. father Alia influence will favor APC in the rural areas, apart from cities who know obi in the village?
3. jembagh influence, do you know that ayu is from jembagh that control 3 locals government out of the seven locals government ortom want to represent at the Senate house? Jembagh are waiting patiently for ortom in Feb.
Lol, you are still basing this election on a these dead structures 🤣
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Owontime: 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
grin grin
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Jones4190(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
Lol, you are still basing this election on a these dead structures 🤣
nobody know obi in the rural areas
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:
nobody know obi in the rural areas
But according to Nextier polls conducted on 2000 people living in Rural areas of Benue and with PVCs, Obi won landslide. He got more than 60%

I should believe you and disbelieve a scientific research with hard data. 😂

You APC guys don't know what will hit you soon

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Aremwayne: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:

I am from benue and Obi will win Benue.
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Jones4190(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Aremwayne:
I am from benue and Obi will win Benue.
I'm from Benue too and obi will not win

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Omoawoke: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Obi will not win 1

1 Like

Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:

We don't expect everyone from Benue to vote Obi, but facts are facts. Majority will, Tinubu will be distant 3rd, you can argue all you like
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Aremwayne: 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:

Let’s wait and see how Tinubu with his M-M ticket will win Benue. I hope you know even Ortom endorsed Obi ?
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Jones4190(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
Workch:
But according to Nextier polls conducted on 2000 people living in Rural areas of Benue and with PVCs, Obi won landslide. He got more than 60%

I should believe you and disbelieve a scientific research with hard data. 😂

You APC guys don't know what will hit you soon
continue, Feb is not far
Re: 6 Northern States That Obi Can Win. by Workch: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Jones4190:

continue, Feb is not far
Obi will win even your polling unit in Benue.

All these your structure less structure will change anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Maintains Lead & Favorite To Win 2023 Election —Anap Poll Final Result / IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did / People Seen Pushing Newly Bought Trains By Lagos State Government For Light Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.