Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup (39386 Views)

Reno Omokri Defends Arabic On Naira Note On His Social Media Page / Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu / Atiku Campaign Angry Over Obiano’s Memo To Anambra Workers : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by ujoatu(m): 6:53am On Jun 12, 2022
HOW PETER OBI CAN WIN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION;
MY MEMO TO HIS SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORTERS.

I have been inaundated by friends why I’m not in support of the Labour Party candidate. I’m yet to support any other candidate as well, still watching the terrain. For now, I offer to help their MINISTRY sharing this idea drawn from my practical experience in politics including contesting election, holding government offices, my work as a PR practitioner and journalist and affinity with politicians over the years.

I have observed the current frenzy by mostly young Nigerians to have Mr. Obi become the our next president which is fine and within their democratic rights but for that dream to see the light of the day, they need to start taking critical steps outside social media to actualize that.

Here are a few steps in my personal consideration and experience can help.
1. Get your PVC. This is of course number one on the must do list. There is no alternative unless you are below the voting age.

2. Move from supporter to party member. Join Labour Party. Yes, become a part member. Go ask for your Ward Chairman, register with the ward, attend their meetings and encourage them. It is the party members that will are usually mobilized to work for the victory of the party, play crucial roles on election day and protect the votes of their candidates. There variety of assignments party members carry out on election day many I can't say here please. It is only when you are identified as a trusted card carrying member of the party that such sensitive duties will be given to you. Why allow those vital and crucial assignments be given to people that can be bought over? Join and assist or supervise them, see to every detail of what transpires on election day. It's the day you wear jeans trouser, with some cash at hand for LOGISTICS AND ENTERTAINMENT, the day you would spend hours without blinking. Get ready.

3. Start physical campaign not just social media campaign. It is good to campaign on Social Media but there are millions of people who are not on Social Media. These are the people that really do the voting, waiting under rain and sun. They are not elites, they are ordinary people you ignore. They are the ones corrupt politicians buy their votes. They are blue collar workers who don’t give a damn about the ENGLISH YOU SPEAK. They see elections as their own Bazaar to get cash and gifts from politicians they won’t see again until the next election season. Seek them, make them your friends. Enlighten them in the language they speak and appreciate. They are the ones you ignore daily on your way to and fro work in your nice car and outfit. They are in your villages mostly, in slums in the city, they are in towns doing menial jobs. Many serve you as mechanics, security, even your domestic staff you maltreat. Start by showing them love now, before bringing up election and your chosen candidste. Come down from your high horse, mingle with them.

4. Be tolerant of other people’s choices and opinion.
People support party and candidates for different reasons. It is their right to do so. To win them, try to be civil, PREACH TO THEM like Jehovah Witnesses. Acknowledge them for their choice and their right to support who they wish then show them the alternative you proffer in love. Be polite.

5. Be wary of the religious and ethnic lines. This shouldn’t be a Christian vs Moslem or Igbo vs Fulani campaign. Don’t put fear in others, they will gangup against your candidate if you do. Mr. Peter Obi is known for his civility, unassuming nature, nationalistic tendencies, don't tar his reputation and undermine him.

6. Campaign on Issues not Innuendos. Use your candidates profile, his service records and personality backed with his program for Nigerians. Simple. You don't make a point by tarring others with mud. Peter Obi is not a Saint he is human and also has his frailties.

7. Step out on election day to vote. From my experience over the years, elites don’t vote on election days. They see it as holidays. While most youths use it for sports and to mingle in the neighborhood.

8. Start where you are. To influence others, start from your neighborhood, colleagues, relatives, friends etc. Start where you are, leave social media a little.

Best of luck in your OBIdience.

Ik Ogbonna is an Owerri based PR consultant and Journalist, he was SA on Social Media and later ICT to the Imo State Governor (2014-2017)

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Toneypen247(m): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2022
Good advice give and I will commend you for that. What many fail to realise is that there are lots of structures already in place with meetings being held constantly. Still, more will come by as the election is just 9month away.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Moferere: 6:59am On Jun 12, 2022
You have said it all. I hope his supporters will listen.

Anyways, I am fully BATified tongue

230 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Skyfornia(m): 7:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Nice..but the number 2 is not compulsory, we must not join the party to deliver OBI. Have you heard of independent candidate? A candidate can be neutral without any party or party members and still win an election, talk more of Obi that is in a party. All we need is to be OBIdient.

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2022
Do you lots smoke Marijuana?

Please be real with yourself!

It’s impossible and not feasible!

God cannot even do such miracles with reality on ground.

Obi can NEVER be the president of Nigeria come 2023.

If Atiku and Tinubu dies today, Obi still will never be the president. One thing is 100% guaranteed, either of PDP or APC flag-bearers will become president.

Y’all stop this Tom-Jerry analysis.

147 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by ayoolataiwo(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2022
Easier said than done,he's likely to win but nt in a platter of gold.Get your PVC

24 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Skyfornia(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

If Atiku and Tinubu dies today, Obi still will never be the president. One thing is 100% guaranteed, either of PDP or APC flag-bearers will become president.

The prophet who sees tomorrow has spoken, the prophet who has used his ability to see his tomorrow and better his life has spoken. I'm very certain you have seen your future and changed it to become the most successful human! Show me way sir

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Toneypen247(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

If Atiku and Tinubu dies today, Obi still will never be the president. One thing is 100% guaranteed, either of the PDP or APC flag-bearers will become president.

Ok, thanks for the comment. Can you live away from obi matters now and stop letting it live rent-free in your head

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2022
Nice so nice

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2022
Toneypen247:

Ok, thanks for the comment. Can you live away from obi matters now and stop letting it live rent-free in your head

Only when you stop making Tom-Jerry realistic.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Toneypen247(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Only when you stop making Tom-Jerry realistic.
Then you will continue till eternity. The relevance is necessary...you only try to bring down what is above you.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 12, 2022
Toneypen247:

Then you will continue till eternity. The relevance is necessary...you only try to bring down what is above you.

Did I tell you I will get bored? I am allergic to stupidity, especially when it’s publicly displayed.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by helinues: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2022
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Toneypen247(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Did I tell you I will get bored? I am allergic to stupidity, especially when it’s publicly displayed.

Ok...I think we need to check the principal(s) of such stupidity in question. Only a mad man roams free when no one asks him to or is pursuing him. I understand the effect of the cognitive dissonance on them and we can only pray and hope they get well. I leave you to this. smiley

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2022
Toneypen247:

Ok...I think we need to check the principal(s) of such stupidity in question. Only a mad man roams free when no one asks him to or is pursuing him. I understand the effect of the cognitive dissonance on them and we can only pray and hope they get well. I leave you to this. smiley

Gibberish!

Stop posting cartoons

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Balogunodua(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2022
grin grin
Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2022
Peter Obi can only win if Tinubu of APC and Atiku of PDP both step down for Obi and tell their supporters to vote Obi.

I am sure you know the probability of that happening!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by bjdon: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2022
The ONLY way Peter Obi can win, is if his supporters roll up their sleeves and do the HARD stuff of grassroot campaigns. As we have all seen there is no polling station on Twiter or Instegram.
Key target states need to be identified. If I was advising them these would be split into must win, come a good second, get at least 30%

Must Win:
Anambra
Abia
Imo
Ebonyi
Enugu
Edo
Cross River
Akwa Ibom
Benue
Plateau
Kaduna

Come a close second:
Rivers
Bayelsa
Delta
Lagos
Kogi
Kwara
Ondo
Osun

At least 30%
Gombe
Bauchi
Taraba
Adamawa
Niger
Oyo

In a 4 horse race, with Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankwaso spliting the Norrhtern Muslim vote, the above projections are perfeclty possible, but the ground work has to start NOW. Ward by ward campaigns, ensure people in the target states have thier PVC's and on election day ensure they come out to vote and their votes are counted

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by bjdon: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Peter Obi can only win if Tinubu of APC and Atiku of PDP both step down for Obi and tell their supporters to vote Obi.

I am sure you know the probability of that happening!
Not at all. The Muslim-Muslim ticket is going to hurrt Tinubu badily. He can kiss the SE/SS and parts of the middle belt and NE goodbye. Further more this election is going to be a FOUR HORSE RACE. Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankwaso will split the Northern Muslim votes, this will give Peter Obi a good chance in states like Kaduna and Taraba and maybe even Gombe. The Northern Christiand and minorites are 100% behind Obi

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

God bless you ojare. The only thing one needs to show Obi's delusional fan is the sad and pathetic reality of Labour Party below.

Zeroes everywhere. Even State House of assembly members Party Labour cannot boast of a single one in the entire Nigeria.

A Party formed in 2002 three years ahead of the PDP and almost 15 years before the APC? I know Nigerians are religious and believers in miracles but this one is just a joke. A big and pathetic joke.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by FalseProphet1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
I see Peter Obi becoming the next president of Nigeria.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Ancecoker(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
[center][/center] grin
Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by IPIGMODS: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Peter Obi-tuary will not win a single local government not to talk of a state.
Take a screen shot and come back to mock me if I'm wrong after the election.
Some are just blinded by their wishes and sentiments.
Even the Igbos will not vote for him because of their hatred for Tinubu, they will rather vote for Atiku because they know that's the only person that can defeat Tinubu.
At the end of the day, Tinubu will still win.
Go and get ready for President Bola Hamed Tinubu.
The next president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

I particularly love point number 6: What has Obi done outstandingly while he was in Government to point to the possibility of him doing the same for Nigeria?
Ask his supporters and they can't answer.
Did he turn Anambra into the utopia of our dreams? Did he do anything spectacular out of the box when compared to other Governors of his time? The answer to al these questions is a big fat NO.
He was very average if not below average.
Also, he invested the State money into his won family business and tried to justify it will all sorts of excuses.

158 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by Whothecapfits: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dream on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
May the best Candidate for the job win, we can't afford to suffer the same or worse security scenarios, Economic fluctuations with high inflation rate, poor standard of living, high rate of poverty, decaying Education/ negligence of Education, health sectors and so on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu is a bastard

12 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by On25: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Very difficult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by shortIGBOman: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
South East have no political VALUE. The major Peter ObiTUARY followers are online and none of them have PVC.

The only Igbo who can vote are in the East. But there won't be election in the East. Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa have declared that, election won't take place in the East. If them born anybody well,make he come out on the election day. IPOB go use the person do Suya, after killing the person.

227 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by socialmediaman: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Re: How Peter Obi Can Win The Presidential Election; My Memo To His Social Media Sup by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
I'm quoting someone;

You keep telling me to vote Peter Obi for the future of my kids, please those who voted him as Anambra Governor, how well are they and their kids today grin

NaijaOlosho:
Tinubu is a bastard
You all obi supporters should continue verbal attack, let's see if that will make him get more than 3m votes tongue

227 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tambuwal Visits Hospital At 2a.m., catches Sokoto Staff Unaware... / How To Wrest Power From Buhari, APC, Others In 2019 – Obasanjo / Pictures From Buhari’s Campaign Rally In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.