Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,422 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread (40122 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out Rhodes-Vivour, LP From Jandor’s Petition / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Omodua(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2023
Seun:
My question:
Considering the strong influence of the APC in Lagos, how do you intend to defeat the sitting APC governor who has recently completed or hastily commissioned many highly visible projects?
GOOD QUESTION, SEUN!

4 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by lozanni(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

Thank you I schooled in MIT in regards to architecture and a focus on estate. development , I worked on projects in america and even china. The traffic situation in Lagos can be remedied by both short and long term solutions. first we have to decongest business centers and encourage the opening of other business clusters in under-utilised areas, to direct traffic to other areas and relieve pressure from congested areas, improve contract award of road building and repairs so that they can be held accountable when the road washes away quickly. Drainage, lagos is in dire need of good draining and all across the state we need to revamp the drainage system to prevent road damage as well flooding.
Creation of a true intermodal transport network harnessing water, rail, tram and stronger and more robust public transport. The funding for such exists, what it takes is having a government who is committed to making it happen, that is what I and the laaour party want to bring to lagos, a truly working lagos for all classes of people, and for all lagosians, not just those on the island.

These are very good submissions, but please also consider the issue of pavements along the road; around the Apple junction area of Amuwo odofin, there are very deep gutters (though not properly channeled) that could swallow a grown adult completely and can cause drowning when flooding occurs.
Also I will like it if inner city roads are given adequate attention too. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Rapuru14: 3:23am On Jan 27, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
GRV will do well in Lagos but if the hawks and the agberoes deny him his victory in Lagos, a ministerial appointment surely awaits. Thank God he is a very young man.
What kind non$ense view is this Giving Agberos so much power Is everything ok?

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Doyou2019: 3:28am On Jan 27, 2023
elantraceey:

Seun needs to introduce bloke button on Nl. You can't making people like suffer from reading nonsense from people like this.

I swear.
The excesses of these urchins and Tinubidiots on this forum are becoming too much!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 4:24am On Jan 27, 2023
Judolisco:
it's difficult to fight oga... It's on every platform not only nairaland

At least little efforts would go a long way rather than sit back and say its difficult to fight.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by shegz24(m): 5:24am On Jan 27, 2023
Vivour vs Jandor for runner-up medal.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2023
REDshouse:
And seun where is ur labour candidate ...has he bolted

Or he is Pilling up questions to be answered at his convenience..

We don't want such type of Governor

Please I advice u close this thread until the candidate have our time

I apologize and thank you all for your patience, I will be taking time to answer questions today, I had townhalls and interviews and engaging with voters meeting , I will have alot of questions answered today

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Workch: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

I apologize and thank you all for your patience, I will be taking time to answer questions today, I had townhalls and interviews and engaging with voters meeting , I will have alot of questions answered today
sir, We want to get Peter Obi to Aso Rock, if that happens, just know that the euphoria will rub off on you.

It's key that Peter Obi wins so people will transfer that excitement to you in March. I'm telling fact here.
The chance of you winning increases astronomically if Peter Obi wins

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2023
Hello everyone , please let us not resort to insults
at the core we all want a better lagos and nigeria and we can have that

In regards to end sars, a shooting did happen, and a panel set up by the government corrobarates that, the army was invited by the sitting governor, this is not hearsay, this was what a panel set up by this very government presented to the world

https://www.icirnigeria.org/lagos-endsars-panel-indicts-sanwo-olu-in-armys-intervention-at-lekki-toll-gate/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7zS9zlwXf4

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by bryton2shot(m): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2023
Sir...how do u intend to end the issue of traffic,creating more internal link roads,flyovers especially highly congested roads like egbe road,ago,isolo,ikotun, gridlock on apapa roads, stopping urchins on our roads esp mile 2 axis... effective security is not left out...lastma officers not knowing der job role also?

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2023
kkkp:
How do you intend to check mate activities of agberos?
Workch:
What would you do to stop institutionalized transport worker thuggery in Lagos state and the multiple taxation they enforce on motorists?

A massive and well placed concern on here is the issues of "agberos" in Lagos, who have state protection and cover, under my governorship we are going to change this, we are going to create a 2 year window for these mostly young men to be retrained and given useful life skills and provide them with a proper path that will be to the benefit to us all in society, through artisanship, vocations, trade, communal policing and more, many of these young men have not been giving viable and safe alternatives to live and sustain themselves, the use of them as an extra arm of the government to intimidate and extract resources from the general public has to end and will end under my governship

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2023
nkemdi89:
What plan do you have for bringing more development to ojo and other sub urban areas within that axis down to badagry?

a big part of my urban and city renewal plan for lagos will be to revezatlize ojo, badagary, ikorodu and other areas, commerce and tourism is far too concentrated in too few areas in lagos along with providing incentives for businesses to open in these areas will work on transport networks so that these areas can handle increased mobility and alleviate pressure from the stressed city centers. I am committed to a diverse and robust lagos that works for all

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by MrColdsweat: 8:06am On Jan 27, 2023
No need for the question and answer session. You are already my candidate. Lagosians have not been able to elect their choice because of the greed of some criminal. With you, there's hope that Lagos will be free.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by MrColdsweat: 8:09am On Jan 27, 2023
Doyou2019:

How dare you say you no wan vote in the gubers before, despite knowing how these useless Governors eat up almost half our national budget every yesr with absolutely nothing to show for it in their respective states.
The fools, all of them, only days ago voted against LG autonomy and yet you no wan kick them out. We must vote out all these ineffectual persons stealing living in our Governorship, NASS and State Asssmblies abeg. No be only for Presidency o, we need PDAPC out of every and every fabric of this country!
My thought too. Apc and Pdp must die completely if we must cleanse Nigeria thoroughly.

5 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:09am On Jan 27, 2023
EllemGiggy:

I hope you are not also allowed to have an input in their elections over there in Denver, USA. Why do you even have to elect failed leaders in your dilapidated state and then run to Denver, USA where the dividends of good governance is far visible, practical, and much more promising than your eye-sore state and country.

That guy you quoted is just a typical example of "an undeveloped man with a dark mind" unfit to live among Homosapiens. He will be among the first to claim racism when a native American denies him exactly what he is wishing on someone else.

3 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 8:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Lincton:
What would you do differently if you were given the opportunity to serve?

Would you complete the established projects in the state?

the most different thing I will do differently is offer transparency in budgets and projects, as it stands projects in lagos cost 3x/4x the world bank benchmarks, grossly overinflated and always taking way over time to be delivered. I will emphasise partnerships with the private sector without the state taking a chunk of the business and add transparency to contractor selection process. Urban renewal and development of other parts of lagos to take pressure off the island and reduce traffic, building a robust intermodal transport network harnessing water networks, buses, tram and rails to make lagos a true working city. As well as working closely with the federal government to revamp the police and also have state and communal policing come into fruition.

projects started by the state will be completed however they will be reviewed, padded budgets and white elephant projects are a rampant issue in lagos and will need to be curtailed

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by GRVLagos(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2023
I will still be answering questions today, so please keep going people
but as we are here
I gave answers to alot of questions asked today in this interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ztI2u_Ta4

Also please engage and follow me on other socials, twitter: GRVlagos https://twitter.com/GRVlagos to follow my camapign and discuss the issues.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Workch: 8:33am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

A massive and well placed concern on here is the issues of "agberos" in Lagos, who have state protection and cover, under my governorship we are going to change this, we are going to create a 2 year window for these mostly young men to be retrained and given useful life skills and provide them with a proper path that will be to the benefit to us all in society, through artisanship, vocations, trade, communal policing and more, many of these young men have not been giving viable and safe alternatives to live and sustain themselves, the use of them as an extra arm of the government to intimidate and extract resources from the general public has to end and will end under my governship
Boss, I have my voter's card.
I am going to be using it for you because I have trust in the LP structure.
Thanks for The answer

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

U.S. Requests For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition / What Change Means To A Resident Of Borno (pics) / Atiku Wins PDP 2023 Presidential Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.