Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread (40089 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out Rhodes-Vivour, LP From Jandor’s Petition / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by othermen: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2023
I think the first five pages or a little could have been set aside for responses. Such that, members can only begin to ask questions from the 6th page. That way, navigation to the responses of the candidate is convenient for anyone. Because the candidate is answering the question, such a question automatically shows on the FP.

To the candidate, I really haven’t seen any impressive response from you on here or your handlers are not doing a great job. Saying Lagos can be better or it deserves more, or the quality of lives of its residents can be improved or infrastructures are overinflated is what any candidate can say. Exactly how and where and what you will do to address the inadequacies is what matters to whether your aim now to create awareness about your ambition is sustainable.

You can say “we are going to build a link up between north and south” or say, “we are going to be involved with the NPF, in ensuring all police deployed to the state, receive state sponsored training “ That is a better approach Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Amopeekun(f): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2023
I am just proud to be a part of this family...
Thank you Seun!

Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by FreeStuffsNG: 9:11am On Jan 27, 2023
How did he choose his running mate and is it true that he and David Kolawole Vaughan (DaKoVa) were not happy that Jandor chose Funke and was that explains why he,in particular, left PDP a major party for a mushroom party?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2023
What will you party do against thugs or agberos planning to cause mayhem so as to disenfranchise voters in some areas as well as snatch ballot boxes on the day of election?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:
I will still be answering questions today, so please keep going people
but as we are here
I gave answers to alot of questions asked today in this interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ztI2u_Ta4&list=TLPQMjYwMTIwMjN8cSSy4SDx9g&index=4&ab_channel=SaharaTV

also please engage and follow me on other socials, twitter : GRVlagos https://twitter.com/GRVlagos to follow my camapign and discuss the issues

How do you plan to defeat Sanwo Olu the incumbent Governor under APC of Lagos State who has more State resources and backing?

Are you going to merge with Jandor of PDP or try your luck. We're talking of Lagos State here not one small L.G.A in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Nakuza(m): 9:16am On Jan 27, 2023
From the way the labour party candidate answer questions shows he is not empty. He has something unique to offer to Lagosians if given a chance.
However, for him to wrestle power from APC led government, he should form alliance with PDP to have a chance to win.
Best of luck Rhodes Vivour.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by yesloaded: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

Thank you I schooled in MIT in regards to architecture and a focus on estate. development , I worked on projects in america and even china. The traffic situation in Lagos can be remedied by both short and long term solutions. first we have to decongest business centers and encourage the opening of other business clusters in under-utilised areas, to direct traffic to other areas and relieve pressure from congested areas, improve contract award of road building and repairs so that they can be held accountable when the road washes away quickly. Drainage, lagos is in dire need of good draining and all across the state we need to revamp the drainage system to prevent road damage as well flooding.
Creation of a true intermodal transport network harnessing water, rail, tram and stronger and more robust public transport. The funding for such exists, what it takes is having a government who is committed to making it happen, that is what I and the labour party want to bring to lagos, a truly working lagos for all classes of people, and for all lagosians, not just those on the island.

Fact
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:
I will still be answering questions today, so please keep going people
but as we are here
I gave answers to alot of questions asked today in this interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ztI2u_Ta4&list=TLPQMjYwMTIwMjN8cSSy4SDx9g&index=4&ab_channel=SaharaTV

also please engage and follow me on other socials, twitter : GRVlagos https://twitter.com/GRVlagos to follow my camapign and discuss the issues

How do you plan to defeat Sanwo Olu the incumbent Governor under APC of Lagos State who has more State resources and backing?

Are you going to merge with Jandor of PDP or try your luck. We're talking of Lagos State here not one small L.G.A in Bayelsa.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by OBIGS(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2023
Goodday Sir
How do you plan in cleaning Lagos up cos Lagos is 60% slum

The issue of abero and touts using force and weapon to collect money from trucks and driver is a huge nuisance I find very disgusting and alarming in Lagos. Having young men standing on the road with sticks collecting money legal or illegal it's very strange. Ive personally seen a situation where a truck driver tried running away and killed 3people. How do you intend to sanitize that system.

Lighting up Lagos can be a huge achievement expecially on the mainland. Will you promise to ensure street lights are installed in all streets and road In Lagos?

Lagos have a major road issue. Lagos roads are basically like a market where a driver can just pack middle of the road to load his bus. Do you have plans to restructure lagos road by building motor parks?

Drug abuse is another big problem in Lagos. It's like drug dealers have partnership with the govt to sell illicit drugs in some areas. Do you plan on tackling this issue and bringing an end to the drug dealings in Lagos.

Satelite jegun waterside, gbeshe beach can be the new banana Island. Kindly visit that area and work on a plan. It could be your own legacy project when you become the governor. Am very sure you will win

The number of new voters will shock them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by bhella10: 9:19am On Jan 27, 2023
What do you plan to do differently in a Lagos that is always on the upward trajectory? How do change a system that is working?
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Kaycee9242(m): 9:20am On Jan 27, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
So where's the governorship candidate na?

Exactly my thought, we are just asking questions without seeing the person moniker
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by CodeTemplar: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
How did he choose his running mate and is it true that he and David Kolawole Vaughan (DaKoVa) were not happy that Jandor chose Funke and was that explains why he,in particular, left PDP a major party for a mushroom party?
You mean the same Labour Party you and your paid agents harass here 24 hours a day?
We'll let the LP guber candidate tell us how he hopes to curb public opinion derailment and politics of harassment by people like the poster I am quoting.

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Seun(m): 9:22am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

A massive and well placed concern on here is the issues of "agberos" in Lagos, who have state protection and cover, under my governorship we are going to change this, we are going to create a 2 year window for these mostly young men to be retrained and given useful life skills and provide them with a proper path that will be to the benefit to us all in society, through artisanship, vocations, trade, communal policing and more, many of these young men have not been giving viable and safe alternatives to live and sustain themselves, the use of them as an extra arm of the government to intimidate and extract resources from the general public has to end and will end under my governship
Oga @GRVlagos,
Thanks for sharing your plan for agberos in Lagos State. It seems that Lagosian-Nairalanders are sick and tired of agberos and looking to vote for a governor who will deal with them decisively.

13 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by CHOPUP411(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2023
1. I like your courage and we need more of you in Lagos but I think you should have stick with pdp.

2. I believe you can make impact but you won't win

3. I am apc member and I believe for now only apc have enough structure to win lagos

4. I wish you good luck

2 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by AngelicBeing: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by toujurs: 9:23am On Jan 27, 2023
You have my vote sir. With the bvas sir, there is hope for you!!

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by dele1727: 9:26am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

1. Thank you for all these questions, and your patience, I will engage and answer as many of these questions as possible.
the end sars protest was a golden moment and opportunity from this failing government to embrace the youth and partner towards a better Nigeria

I like many of you on here even took part and was completely horrified by the use of army and force to murder peaceful protestors
I will start by recognising what happened, meet with. the families of the bereaved and plot a way forward such peaceful protestors aren't murdered. The true justice would be working closely with the federal government on police reform, with the. establishment of hotlines and agencies designed to handle civilian complaints, retraining and reorientation of security forces and as well as developing state and community police that respect, end sars was born out. of seeking accountability and change, on all levels governance can improve. and that is why I GRV hope to become your governor and serve lagosians to the best of my ability.

2. Freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy, I am strong. believer of democracy and believe it's the best form of governance, social media is critical to expression and freedom, and is a strong check to keep governments accountable. I. believe social media is great. for democracies and dialogue, obviously hate speech and misinformation has to be tackled and regulated but that should be more from the companies themselves as. well as independent 3rd parties.

I think the people you speak to want to hear a different thing...

They want you to tell them how you will use your office to punish those behind the endsars in lekki...

And please where you also horrified with the Obigbo Massacre ... where close to 200 people were killed?
It was a PDP State and you were still in PDP

Like peter obi, you recently just left the PDP
And now your supporters are condemning the APC and the PDP.. please how as your Mentality in PDP change compare to now in Labour party

3 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:
Hello everyone , please let us not resort to insults
at the core we all want a better lagos and nigeria and we can have that

In regards to end sars, a shooting did happen, and a panel set up by the government corrobarates that, the army was invited by the sitting governor, this is not hearsay, this was what a panel set up by this very government presented to the world

https://www.icirnigeria.org/lagos-endsars-panel-indicts-sanwo-olu-in-armys-intervention-at-lekki-toll-gate/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7zS9zlwXf4

The same govt also published a white paper on the panel report (the normal norm for investigative panels) all it's also out there in the open which factually faulted most of the panels recommendation. Do you think cherry picking which report you want to accept from same government is appropriate or just a political necessity?
Secondly, can you kindly assist in publishing the names, addresses, next of KIN of those it was alleged the army killed at toll gate?

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Mccullum: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2023
JAGABAN & SANWO-OLU we know..
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by franchasng: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2023
It is so unfortunate that the so called Nigerian youths refused to liberate Nigeria and themselves from old, criminal politicians that held this nation on ransom for decades now.

Imagine GRVLagos coming to Nairaland to answer questions directly from the real voters and not forming too big or too busy to interact with people. The reason is because he is young, he has less baggages and he is vibrant too.

No Nigerian politician above 50years will honor an invitation to answer questions directly from ordinary Nigerians online, instead they prefer to brag that there are no polling units on the internet, because they love the fact that most Nigerians are poor, wretched, uninformed and lagging behind in technology/internet usage, and they want Nigerians to remain so for their political gains.

If Nigerian youths truly want to kickstart a truly positive change from the way Nigeria is right now, then Nigerian youths need to rally behind young vibrant candidates like this GRVLagos and others to start savaging Nigeria from the old criminal politicians before it becomes too late.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by HardMirror(m): 9:29am On Jan 27, 2023
Seun:
My question:
Considering the strong influence of the APC in Lagos, how do you intend to defeat the sitting APC governor who has recently completed or hastily commissioned many highly visible projects?
very important question. Nice one. Following
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by EngrKemp: 9:30am On Jan 27, 2023
@GRVLagos:

Very good.
What plans do u v for social welfare in lagos state.

What plans do u v to continue the good works of fashola in area of charting up the residents of Lagos in a data base with their resident cards that contains their nin for traceability and improving on free HMO and allowances for out of job lagocians and making sure there are decent housing for citizens of Lagos ?
Agberos are first class citizens in Lagos nd enjoy immunity like the governor!!
Do you think you can change that?
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Cutehector(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

Thank you I schooled in MIT in regards to architecture and a focus on estate. development , I worked on projects in america and even china. The traffic situation in Lagos can be remedied by both short and long term solutions. first we have to decongest business centers and encourage the opening of other business clusters in under-utilised areas, to direct traffic to other areas and relieve pressure from congested areas, improve contract award of road building and repairs so that they can be held accountable when the road washes away quickly. Drainage, lagos is in dire need of good draining and all across the state we need to revamp the drainage system to prevent road damage as well flooding.
Creation of a true intermodal transport network harnessing water, rail, tram and stronger and more robust public transport. The funding for such exists, what it takes is having a government who is committed to making it happen, that is what I and the labour party want to bring to lagos, a truly working lagos for all classes of people, and for all lagosians, not just those on the island.
apt
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by franchasng: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2023
Seun:
Oga @GRVlagos,
Nairalanders seem to be most interested to hear about your plan for agberos in Lagos State. It's the most popular question by far. It seems that Nairalanders are sick and tired of agberos and looking for a governor who will deal with them.
I will advice GRVLagos not to unveil his plans to end agberos in Lagos because doing that will jeopardize his chances at the poll because majority of Lagos indigenes or let me say, Southwest indigenes believe otherwise, as they argue that it is only Igbos that are crying about agberos whereas Igbos have agberos in Onitsha, Aba, etc, so to the Lagos/Yoruba indigenes, GRVLagos agreeing to end agberos mean he only wants to please Igbos which they hate with passion

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by HardMirror(m): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2023
Nakuza:
From the way the labour party candidate answer questions shows he is not empty. He has something unique to offer to Lagosians if given a chance.
However, for him to wrestle power from APC led government, he should form alliance with PDP to have a chance to win.
Best of luck Rhodes Vivour.
he is better than jendor. I wonder why he left PDP. He needs a strong party to win. I hope we see more of him in the next election. Pls put everything in order and join a strong party. It is your brain we need, pdp apc needs people like you to change the system. What we should be fighting for is to take over these big parties.

4 Likes

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by HardMirror(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
franchasng:
I will advice GRVLagos not to unveil his plans to end agberos in Lagos because doing that will jeopardize his chances at the poll because majority of Lagos indigenes or let me say, Southwest indigenes believe otherwise, as they argue that it is only Igbos that are crying about agberos whereas Igbos have agberos in Onitsha, Aba, etc, so to the Lagos/Yoruba indigenes, GRVLagos agreeing to end agberos mean he only wants to please Igbos which they hate with passion
agreed. Agberos are too powerful for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
GRVLagos:

I am tired of hearing politicians brag about schooling abroad in MIT and the rest ivy league universities in America.

None of you have been able to change your locality but you all claim you want to change lagos and Nigeria.

Many of you are just expert in stealing and corruption.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread by Kaycee9242(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2023
othermen:
I think the first five pages or a little could have been set aside for responses. Such that, members can only begin to ask questions from the 6th page. That way, navigation to the responses of the candidate is convenient for anyone. Because the candidate is answering the question, such a question automatically shows on the FP.

To the candidate, I really haven’t seen any impressive response from you on here or your handlers are not doing a great job. Saying Lagos can be better or it deserves more, or the quality of lives of its residents can be improved or infrastructures are overinflated is what any candidate can say. Exactly how and where and what you will do to address the inadequacies is what matters to whether your aim now to create awareness about your ambition is sustainable.

You can say “we are going to build a link up between north and south” or say, “we are going to be involved with the NPF, in ensuring all police deployed to the state, receive state sponsored training “ That is a better approach Sir.

Please what's his moniker? I have not been able to trace any of his responses

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Otedola, Dangote, Osinbajo, Oshiomhole, Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Zulum In One Picture / Ezeugo Darlington Chukwuma, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgent In Maiduguri / Al-Mustapha Arrives Owerri, Meets With Okoroji (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.