Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? (25894 Views)

Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees / We Have Not Been Able To Have Sex Yet After 7 Months Of Marriage / Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
Zeewirld:

The most important part of wedding is FOOD AND DRINKS.Get this right by giving a competent vendor ,who isn't related to both parties,to handle the cooking and distribution of both on your day.

Live within your means I found it insulting to borrow for wedding,or not being able to buy a car after wedding because you incurred humongous amount on wedding.

Budget.It is very easy to be deceived into spending to 'celebrate your day'..You will be tempted to splurge on things that aren't necessary.As such,I can't overemphasize the importance of Budgeting and financial discipline.

Gifts and presents.Please ensure you attach a gift or wine to every card/I.V that you will be sending out.It shows that you value everyone that you will be inviting and it always produce a sweet savour.

Accomodations;It is important you ask your guests the kind of accomodations that they can afford and work on arranging it for the people you are inviting from far places.Inform them on time the reservations and the cost implications of it.

Pray and be positive-minded .Wars are won in the mind ,and a thankful and positive mindset conquers all.

. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Abolarin91(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
My wedding was last week Saturday(21/01/2023). I have started planning since August, I started getting all I need in my house small-small, having it in mind that I don't want to do big wedding like that. After I have bought like 75% things I need in my house then I inform one of my brother about my plan, he promised to support me with all he can afford, he planed with me to budget 250-300 guest food(he arranged for all foods and drink), I paid for hall, decorator, mc, chairs and table. The wedding latter become a big wedding. If you are a salary earner, give yourself more time to plan and no do pass yourself.
Note: I didn't allow all the money to affect my business, wedding ceremony is just one day.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ednut1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

cheesy cheesy wetin I do you bros
you dont have money. You are looking for how to how to raise/ borrow money for big wedding. Then after the wedding you and your wife drink garri. Madness
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Olachase(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
ShowmeHeaven:

The sugar mummy that you're scouting for, via your signature, is it the one that 'have power to make pounded yam'?
nope did you have one
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2023
jeromestarks:
Imagine what men go through just to pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in-laws.

Do not go through such stress just to have a woman who was fvcked when she was intact (virgin) by a boy who didn't even know her parents not to mention paying bride price on her.

A woman who has given her best (virginity) to another man should not expect the best from you.

A woman you did not disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market. Never marry such a woman. Just fvck her and let others continue fvcking her.

Do not allow any family sell a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men to you as a bride. She isn't a bride anymore cus she has no pride left in her. No glory left in her, she's now a cargo of bad news.

Only a fool will suffer to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men. Are you the fool?

Finally, fvck any girl you want but it comes to marriage, take the pains to find a virgin woman and marry. Better to suffer to find a virgin woman and have a lasting peaceful home than to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men and SUFFER IN YOUR MARRIAGE.

No hymen, NO COMMITMENT.
my ex sugar mummy married as a virgin. Women na luck.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by doneback04: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:
I am planning on getting married this year, so i want to seek guidance from married folks how they were able to raise funds to sponsor their introduction and wedding.

i dont have a partner yet, i just want to plan ahead.

Hahahaha funny you, you never see woman and u want to plan marriage, hope you are not planning to married ghost grin cheesy
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
I'm currently running a savings of 5k daily for one year, at the end of one year I will take out of it and marry, I will add the remaining one to the money I planned to open another branch with.

I planned getting married next year January or thereabout.

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
doneback04:

Hahahaha funny you, you never see woman and u want to plan marriage, hope you are not planning to married ghost grin cheesy

You don't need to find a woman before you start making plans bro.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by tellwisdom: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
Romanoff:

Oshey Mr money, Omo Dangote.

So u sabi me? Didn’t know.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by jeromestarks: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
udemzyudex:

How would you know she's a virgin?
1. Ur penis will meet hymen.
2. Virgins are not so cool with you touching them at first.
3. Look at the way she walks. A virgin usually have steady gait.
4. Through the skin tan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Romanoff:

If my profile picture has you disturbed, na you need Jesus pass. And I pray he sets you free.

Na your type still dey get giddy for hijab women.

Tufiakwa.
hijab women wey dey bang anyhow under hijab.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ismodiwa(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
I worked double shift.
It wasn't easy but we give God the glory
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Romanoff(f): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
silvermania:
hijab women wey dey bang anyhow under hijab.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I just knew it. All your comments came from a dirty place, if not, ki lo f'oshi?

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Gabby84: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Najdorf:
Nigeria is a funny country. You'll see men that are struggling bitterly financially still rushing to get married. No plan for how he's going to support his family. No plan for how he's going to support his kids. Before age 30 you'll already see them with 3-4 kids and the cycle of poverty continues.

because there society will still mock dem if they are unmarried
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:

I got married late last year. It wasn't funny at all bro.

Tho cut your coat to your finance oh.

1) Don't assume people will support financially.
2) Don't assume people will spray you cash.
3) Never take a loan or make half payments, ensure on the wedding day you ain't owing anyone ( DJ, MC, Food, Deco, etc)

Bros, e be like say I sabi you somewhere.

You served in Kano state?
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
doneback04:

You misinterpreted my actual post.
I wanted to learn/know how people raise funds for their wedding
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by NohurryInLife: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Olachase:
I bought baby ram for 10k and rear it for good 5years 😁😁

I set 10k to my mom in osun she supplies me garri and yam flower

I sent 10k to my wife mom in Ondo she supplies us palm oli and pepper

Inside the bride price list items that we brought, her mom still returned 80% of items, I love my wife family

Buh I don't like my wife for one thing she doesn't have power to make pounded yam

And she doesn't like me for one thing she said I nake like machine 😁😁😁
Craze man grin
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by NohurryInLife: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Olachase:
I bought baby ram for 10k and rear it for good 5years 😁😁

I set 10k to my mom in osun she supplies me garri and yam flower

I sent 10k to my wife mom in Ondo she supplies us palm oli and pepper

Inside the bride price list items that we brought, her mom still returned 80% of items, I love my wife family

Buh I don't like my wife for one thing she doesn't have power to make pounded yam

And she doesn't like me for one thing she said I nake like machine 😁😁😁
Yeye man grin
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
jessylaurel:

Don't let any myopic mentality of another drive fear into you. Together the both of you can make it and be great.

But ehn, at the moment there is this girl that is giving me constant attention and all that.
She is lower than me w.r.t finance(money) and I am kind of worried about that because I either want a rich or average lady, I wont have problem getting supports from or have any fear of squandering my money when I invest heavily on her(because I actually plan doing this).
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by NohurryInLife: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
FromZeroToHero:
It depends on your financial capability, your partner, and the family you are marrying into.

My partner and the family were supportive throughout the process. Some of the things in the marriage list were waived off for me.

I thank God for the family i married into.
I pray to have this grace also.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Benjamin4388(m): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
[quote author=jeromestarks post=120473050]Imagine what men go through just to pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in-laws.

Do not go through such stress just to have a woman who was fvcked when she was intact (virgin) by a boy who didn't even know her parents not to mention paying bride price on her.

A woman who has given her best (virginity) to another man should not expect the best from you.

A woman you did not disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market. Never marry such a woman. Just fvck her and let others continue fvcking her.

Do not allow any family sell a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men to you as a bride. She isn't a bride anymore cus she has no pride left in her. No glory left in her, she's now a cargo of bad news.

As much i dont subscribe to this...this some real thug shtt..
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Buffalo2(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Romanoff:
We cut our coat according to our fabric.

We didn't sell asoebi to raise funds, we didn't task family members or friends, we didn't beg or borrow.

We did a small traditional marriage and went to the court to seal it.

Everything no pass 800k.

The monetary gifts we got, we used to buy luxuries needed in our house.

Best decision of our lives.
We did same in 2006 and the 1st son is in a university now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by NohurryInLife: 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
Zeewirld:

The most important part of wedding is FOOD AND DRINKS.Get this right by giving a competent vendor ,who isn't related to both parties,to handle the cooking and distribution of both on your day.

Live within your means I found it insulting to borrow for wedding,or not being able to buy a car after wedding because you incurred humongous amount on wedding.

Budget.It is very easy to be deceived into spending to 'celebrate your day'..You will be tempted to splurge on things that aren't necessary.As such,I can't overemphasize the importance of Budgeting and financial discipline.

Gifts and presents.Please ensure you attach a gift or wine to every card/I.V that you will be sending out.It shows that you value everyone that you will be inviting and it always produce a sweet savour.

Accomodations;It is important you ask your guests the kind of accomodations that they can afford and work on arranging it for the people you are inviting from far places.Inform them on time the reservations and the cost implications of it.

Pray and be positive-minded .Wars are won in the mind ,and a thankful and positive mindset conquers all.

This usually works like magic. I have friends that did this and they got past the money they spent for the wedding preparation & all in gifts (both monetary & materials).
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by merits(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:
I am planning on getting married this year, so i want to seek guidance from married folks how they were able to raise funds to sponsor their introduction and wedding.

Go and collect loan.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by legacystore: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

100% savings

I didn't borrow a dime

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by EnterpriseMan: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

This might not be what you want to hear, but from your question i don't think you should be thinking about marriage yet. You should be fairly comfortable financially that the thought of raising money for marriage shouldn't even be a subject.
The country isn't really ideal atm moment to get married unprepared, You might love your partner very much but i think you should focus on being as comfortable as possible first.
If you work, get 2 more side hustles, Build your own personal home and get a car, and if possible japa (if you're a graduate it should be very easy for you).

Create a life that your kids never have to suffer ever again.

I wish you the best bro β™‘β™‘β™‘

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by professore(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

I like your faith Sir, God will choose the right woman for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by blackboy(m): 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
I cut my coat according to my size.
I budget based on my income. Showed my babe my account balance and my monthly salary. Then it was lets plan on that. 6 months or 3 months. I no invite plenty ppl make them no curse me on my wedding. "You invite us and you no fit feed us blahh blahh".
Small and simple. Importantly I did wedding .
I got money from my boss and family supported but I no do pass myself. I drive the car . I was borrowed cars. I was offered driver. I said no i will drive myself.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Omaticaya225(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Marriage is scam
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ibinaboonline: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Doors opened, meaning that you burdened friends and family with your wedding.
Innobee99:
When I was planning for wedding, I didn't even have close to 50k but when it came close doors began to open and the day was a huge success
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I hope you are also not thinking of plunging into hypogamy as well, cause I can all but assure you the chances are 83% that you will regret that decision over the cause of your marriage. undecided

Reminds me of my unfortunate ex who cheated on me and still wants me back. Broke ass nigga with no job to his name! Someone I loved and was willing to overlook a lot of things for.

This unfortunate nonentity that cannot hold a job for up to six months believes in his deluded mind that I'd take him back. I don't know who reassured his dull brain that I'd be willing to marry down.. now that I'm back to my senses. I've told him to go back to the girl he cheated with. What a crazy fellow!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eniola β€˜Mae’ Adeniji: "My Devastating Marriage Experience" / Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful / Updated: My Pre-wedding Photos Before Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.