Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? (2839 Views)

I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike / Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / If These 3 Men Defect From APC To PDP, That's The End Of Tinubu's Ambitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
Since the names of voters are not captured on ballot papers to be able to cross check with the BVAS register on whom they voted for. How did they know which party overvoted.

For example:
APC can still overvote without winning. It's common sense

Total accredited voters 300
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground will tribunal the ay that the overvoting must have came from PDP and APC wasn't involved?

Is this not why we should start printing people to write the names on their voters card on the ballot paper before voting?

How did they know how many figures PDP added and APC did? How can they just cancel all when it's possible that APC sponsored the overvoting to disqualify those polling units? Since they are already losing there.

This constitution is basically telling us to fight and kill ourselves to defend our polling units.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
The total votes cast in areas of over voting will be cancelled.
The reason why it favors a party A compared to B is that A is likely to challenge results from B stronghold which will play a significant role in B total result while the result of A to be deducted is insignificant to have any impact

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Johnnyessence(m): 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
Since the names of voters are not captured on ballot papers to be able to cross check with the BVAS register on whom they voted for. How did they know which party overvoted.

For example:

Total accredited voters 3000
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground the tribunal you say that the overvoting must have came from PDP and APC wasn't involved?

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?

How did they know how many figures PDP added and APC did?

Adeleke legal team should be smart abeg
you are very right bro

5 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
The reason why it favors a party A compared to B is that A is likely to challenge results from B stronghold which will play a significant role in B total result while the result of A to be deducted is insignificant to have any impact
So it means that, if I am losing in a polling unit, I can sponsor overvoting, so that polling unit can be canceled?

Am I right?
This process is shit after all

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
It is a simple logic.

Why should Oyetola go and sponsor overvoting in the region where Adeleke is strong to his own detriment? You mean Oyetola will agree that people should overvote in Ede in support of Adeleke?

All this court case self na gamble.

20 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
Johnnyessence:
you are very right bro
for example if am APC and I know that PDP has won x polling unit, I can just do overvoting there for that polling unit to be canceled.

This election is very rigable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:
It is a simple logic.

Why should Oyetola go and sponsor overvoting in the region where Adeleke is strong to his own detriment? You mean Oyetola will agree that people should overvote in Ede in support of Adeleke?

It's very possible, there's nothing money cannot achieve. This election is fraud.

I can sponsor overvoting in your polling unit for it to be cancelled πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚β˜ΊοΈ

Shit men. It Means that we have to be extremely vigilant. Very vigilant

3 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
It's very possible, there's nothing money cannot achieve. This election is fraud.

I can sponsor overvoting in your polling unit for it to be cancelled πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚β˜ΊοΈ

Shit men

It is not that easy like you are making it seem.

I think what Adeleke played on was that BVAS was still at the initial stage then so they are not able to fully understand the gravity of that overvoting.

What politicians that sabi the game are doing is more of vote buying rather than actually tempting BVAS with overvoting.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
That does not answer the question sir.
What if party A's members in the socalled party B's strongholds are the ones that over-voted so that all the votes from PDP's strongholds can be cancelled?

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
That does not answer the question sir.
What if party A's members in the socalled party B's strongholds are the ones that over-voted so that all the votes from PDP's strongholds can be cancelled?

How many polling unit can you strategically do overvoting in your opponent stronghold?

Now it comes to the game of numbers. How many people will betray their comrades in their stronghold for you.

10 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

It is not that easy like you are making it seem.

I think what Adeleke played on was that BVAS was still at the initial stage then so they are not able to fully understand the gravity of that overvoting.

What politicians that sabi the game are doing is more of vote buying rather than actually tempting BVAS with overvoting.
it's very easy to induce inec staffs to cause overvoting.

What are you saying?

Unless you stand there until results are transmitted. Who says they cannot do it in some of this hinterlands.

It's very easy
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Advocate500: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
Our law is in total mess , but I trust the superior court to do justice to this case.kangaroo judgement like that of imo state is still very much in our mind.
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by nedu666: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
The tribunal should have ordered a rerun not delve to determining which party did the over voting. Apc did not score zero in the wards where there was over voting so how did tribunal determine that since pdp won in those pu, it must be their over voting. This is a repeat of imo state all over. Courts should not award results

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Ajanakuasla: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Unless everyone at polling unit agreed with u to vote without accreditation. So far BVAS didn’t capture such voter people can only connive with it in conjunction with INEC to succeed
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
The question is how will the over voting be done with bvas and PVCs?

So only people with PVC registered in a polling unit can vote. Can there be double voting? If not, then they should know the votes which appeared twice.

If I send thugs to a polling unit to over vote, the bvas should say that I've voted somewhere already and disallow me from voting.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

How many polling unit can you strategically do overvoting in your opponent stronghold?

Now it comes to the game of numbers. How many people will betray their comrades in their stronghold for you.
It is possible sir.
For instance, Imo state is a Labour Party stronghold but Hope Uzodinma of the APC is governor of same Imo state.
Are you saying that the Imo state governor cannot encourage overvoting in most of the polling boots in Imo state if he wants to cause a damage to Peter Obi's electoral victory?

5 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
nedu666:
The tribunal should have ordered a rerun not delve to determining which party did the over voting. Apc did not score zero in the wards where there was over voting so how did tribunal determine that since pdp won in those pu, it must be their over voting. This is a repeat of imo state all over. Courts should not award results

Go and read the new electoral law and come back here to delete the bolded from your comment.

There will be no rerun in that unit if there is overvoting. It will be cancelled.

You people are starting to seem like law breakers. You only applaud a law when it favors you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
nedu666:
yes, a rerun should have been the logic.

Which one is cancel, what rubbish?
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It is possible sir.
For instance, Imo state is a Labour Party stronghold but Hope Uzodinma of the APC is governor of same Imo state.
Are you saying that the Imo state governor cannot encourage overvoting in most of the polling boots in Imo state if he wants to cause a damage to Peter Obi's electoral victory?

Well you are right. But what I am saying is that, how many polling unit will he be able to influence if the people are truly on Obi side and ready to guard their votes?

Are you going to look on when same person voting multiple times and not raise alarm? Can he do it in let's say 200 polling unit before their cover will be blown?

You should understand Nigeria, no matter the law you do, there will be loophole. BVAS is not the almighty alpha, and infact on the day of general election you will marvel at the trick politicians will deploy to this same BVAS.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:
The question is how will the over voting be done with bvas and PVCs?

So only people with PVC registered in a polling unit can vote. Can there be double voting? If not, then they should know the votes which appeared twice.

If I send thugs to a polling unit to over vote, the bvas should say that I've voted somewhere already and disallow me from voting.
the overvoting will not be captured by BVAS. They will jusy thumbprint ballot papers, that's all.

Is that not stupid? And INEC go cancel am

2 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Johnnyessence(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Apart From issues of lack of evidential value, See Bias, See personality Attack by the tribunal chairman, see sentiment.

The Judgement Will be set Aside by the Appeal court of justice

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by IgOga(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

For example:

Total accredited voters 3000
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground the tribunal you say that the overvoting must have came from PDP and APC wasn't involved?

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?

How did they know how many figures PDP added and APC did?

Adeleke legal team should be smart abeg

grin grin typical nairaland illiterate analysis.....700+ PUs....the law doesn't care whether it's apc or pdp or labour....if it is overvoting the law says cancel it.....in 2018 the law says conduct rerun.....but no more rerun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by JAMO84: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
That is why we are always encouraged to read extensively. I am sure those who planned and executed the rigging did not read and understand the new electoral act, they relied on the old act which says votes cast must not exceed number of registered voters in a polling unit, rather than the new act that says vote cast must not exceed number of accredited voters in a polling unit.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
IgOga:

grin grin typical nairaland illiterate analysis.....700+ PUs....the law doesn't care whether it's apc or pdp or labour....if it is overvoting the law says cancel it.....in 2018 the law says conduct rerun.....but no more rerun
good, now you are getting it.

So I can sponsor overvoting in your strongholds for you to lose?

Who's dumb now? 🀣

That's a stupid law, both you and the law are dumb

4 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Go and read the new electoral law and come back here to delete the bolded from your comment.

There will be no rerun in that unit if there is overvoting. It will be cancelled.

You people are starting to seem like law breakers. You only applaud a law when it favors you.

You have made Mama's vote, who came out under the sun to vote, become void.

I think the OP question is who caused the over voting? No doubt it can be PDP but evidence?
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by dustmalik: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
BVAS may just be the greatest disaster in our electoral system yet
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

You have made Mama's vote, who came out under the sun to vote, become void.

I think the OP question is who caused the over voting? No doubt it can be PDP but evidence?

The law might not be fair sometimes but the law is the law, it does not care about emotion.

When the court sacked Bayelsa Lyon because of his deputy certificate issue, is that fair to the old woman in the creeks who came out to vote her candidate under the hot sun OR is it fair to hundred of thousands of majority Bayelsans that voted Lyon?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
Johnnyessence:
Apart From issues of lack of evidential value, See Bias, See personality Attack by the tribunal chairman, see sentiment.

Is this for real?
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
dustmalik:
BVAS may just be the greatest disaster in our electoral system yet

It might but before you conclude that you have to compare and contrast with previous method.

Do you want the governor to be able to influence votes by writing numbers and declaring figures different from what people voted in polling booth OR you rather we stay with BVAS where politician can use loophole to overvote in opponent zone?

Which is better?

Let me tell you, in Nigeria, no matter the law you make, there will be loophole. The question is that, is it better than before or not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

The law might not be fair sometimes but the law is the law, it does not care about emotion.

When the court sacked Bayelsa Lyon because of his deputy certificate issue, is that fair to the old woman in the creeks who came out to vote her candidate under the hot sun OR is it fair to hundred of thousands of majority Bayelsans that voted Lyon?

Person don go buy bad vice... That was his bad choice. Let thugs not use this loophole to cause trouble. Well people have to guard their votes after casting it.
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by dustmalik: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Johnnyessence:

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't believe this. This is unreal.
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Well you are right. But what I am saying is that, how many polling unit will he be able to influence if the people are truly on Obi side and ready to guard their votes?

Are you going to look on when same person voting multiple times and not raise alarm? Can he do it in let's say 200 polling unit before their cover will be blown?

You should understand Nigeria, no matter the law you do, there will be loophole. BVAS is not the almighty alpha, and infact on the day of general election you will marvel at the trick politicians will deploy to this same BVAS.

You have a point.
But in a very close election like the one we are having in 2023, sponsoring overvoting in 40 to 50 polling units of the opponents strongholds would do enough damage.
Moreover, the governors have so much money to spend and with the economy not smiling, some people would likely go for money at the expense of their will or conscience.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You are now working for Tinubu, PDP replies Gov. Wike / Mc Oluomo Come Out Now If Dem Born Your Mother Well / "Lagos People Have Brought Traffic To Abuja" - Man Say As He Passes Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.