Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? (2867 Views)

Iā€™m Working For Tinubu, Not APC ā€“ Wike / Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / If These 3 Men Defect From APC To PDP, That's The End Of Tinubu's Ambitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

It might but before you conclude that you have to compare and contrast with previous method.

Do you want the governor to be able to influence votes by writing numbers and declaring figures different from what people voted in polling booth OR you rather we stay with BVAS where politician can use loophole to overvote in opponent zone?

Which is better?

Let me tell you, in Nigeria, no matter the law you make, there will be loophole. The question is that, is it better than before or not?

Lemme ask an honest question? Was Adeleke ill informed about BVAS? Or his supporters were just uneducated, if he truly engaged in over voting?
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
You have a point.
But in a very close election like the one we are having in 2023, sponsoring overvoting in 40 to 50 polling units of the opponents strongholds would do enough damage.
Moreover, the governors have so much money to spend and with the economy not smiling, some people would likely go for money at the expense of their will or conscience.

You are right too.

This Osun tribunal should be a lesson to politician and they need to ASAP deploy mechanism to curb the trick of politician sponsoring overvoting in their strong zone.

The law cannot be amended again because the elections is close. So we all better deploy strategy to protect our vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by dustmalik: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

It might but before you conclude that you have to compare and contrast with previous method.

Do you want the governor to be able to influence votes by writing numbers and declaring figures different from what people voted in polling booth OR you rather we stay with BVAS where politician can use loophole to overvote in opponent zone?

Which is better?

Let me tell you, in Nigeria, no matter the law you make, there will be loophole. The question is that, is it better than before or not?
My worry now is that, where there is over-voting, even if deliberately caused by the opposition, the whole votes in that unit get cancelled. That's crazy.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by JAMO84: 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

You have made Mama's vote, who came out under the sun to vote, become void.

I think the OP question is who caused the over voting? No doubt it can be PDP but evidence?
Evidence 1. Nobody can rig against PDP in Ede north and Ede South LGs, it's Adeleke hometown

Evidence 2. PDP won massively in the polling units where over voting were recorded

4 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

Lemme ask an honest question? Was Adeleke ill informed about BVAS? Or his supporters were just uneducated, if he truly engaged in over voting?

I think what he did was that he tempted his luck. Let me tell you, he knows fully well that they are overvoting but what he thought was that they won't be able to detect everyone of those units and BVAS is still at the initial stage so lot of those guys don't know the extent yet. Also, he knows that so far he become the governor, he will have enough fund to fight the case in court and buy judgement.

Also, I heard that he himself confirmed in a video that there is overvoting truly. For him to admit to that on live video, it seems maybe he is either ill informed or he is under a curse Yoruba call asishe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
JAMO84:
Evidence 1. Nobody can rig against PDP in Ede north and Ede South LGs, it's Adeleke hometown

Evidence 2. PDP won massively in the polling units where over voting were recorded

I think the solution to this is to sit and guard one's vote till it's transmitted.

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
dustmalik:

My worry now is that, where there is over-voting, even if deliberately caused by the opposition, the whole votes in that unit get cancelled. That's crazy.

Very crazy honestly.

But it is far better than a situation where governors just write vote different from what their opponent had in their stronghold.

I can have 20k votes and a governor can just collude with INEC to say I had 5k and he will be declared winner. That is not possible again.

Nigeria democracy is still evolving, I am sure INEC will understand the loophole and endure next amendment will solve this.

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

I think what he did was that he tempted his luck. Let me tell you, he knows fully well that they are overvoting but what he thought was that they won't be able to detect everyone of those units and BVAS is still at the initial stage so lot of those guys don't know the extent yet. Also, he knows that so far he become the governor, he will have enough fund to fight the case in court and buy judgement.

Also, I heard that he himself confirmed in a video that there is overvoting truly. For him to admit to that on live video, it seems maybe he is either ill informed or he is under a curse Yoruba call asishe.

Very dumb decision... Now all the votes in those regions have been cancelled. Votes he would have used to win on a normal
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

I think the solution to this is to sit and guard one's vote till it's transmitted.

That is what Tinubu always tell his supporters.

Jagaban will always tell you that voting itself is not as important as staying to guard your vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Very crazy honestly.

But it is far better than a situation where governors just write vote different from what their opponent had in their stronghold.

I can have 20k votes and a governor can just collude with INEC to say I had 5k and he will be declared winner. That is not possible again.

Nigeria democracy is still evolving, I am sure INEC will understand the loophole and endure next amendment will solve this.

My concern is that with PVC and BVAS, you can, or should be able to, tell who the real voters and discard the fake votes. That's the smarter thing to do!

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
dustmalik:
BVAS may just be the greatest disaster in our electoral system yet
nope it's not,

There's need for improvement. Just added the names if those who voted to ballot paper so it can tally with what's register on BVAS, the overvoted ballot paper wk be easily detected. It's common sense

1 Like

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Jagaban will always tell you that voting itself is not as important as staying to guard your vote.

Me na Peter Obi supporter so we go meet for field... šŸ˜ƒ
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

Very dumb decision... Now all the votes in those regions have been cancelled. Votes he would have used to win on a normal

for me, I think he couldn't have won normally had it been that he did not overvote. Osun election was too close.

When I saw the vote figures that came from Ede area in the last election, I know there is massive overvoting because those numbers are just too too too much.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

Me na Peter Obi supporter so we go meet for field... šŸ˜ƒ

I know you are Peter Obi supporter, I know your moniker.

Just try to inform Obiidients to guard their vote. Election day dey always get many trick at play and even your agents will betray the cause.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

I know you are Peter Obi supporter, I know your moniker.

Just try to inform Obiidients to guard their vote. Election day dey always get many trick at play and even your agents will betray the cause.

I tell you o...
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
JAMO84:

Nope, I beg to disagree.

You can rig anywhere if you can buy the parry agents or the INEC officials. It's all about pricing
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

I love the way you are engaging us even as a Tinubu supporter. You are mature, we don't need all these name calling and tribal dish that most of Jagaban people do here.

We can disagree on this and still be friends na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Parachoko: 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
nedu666:
The tribunal should have ordered a rerun not delve to determining which party did the over voting.
The Nigerian Electoral law do not recognise your opinion.

Go and study the Electoral law and cure yourself of this ignorance you're drenched in.
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by LegendHero(m): 3:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
I love the way you are engaging us even as a Tinubu supporter. You are mature, we don't need all these name calling and tribal dish that most of Jagaban people do here.

We can disagree on this and still be friends na

Me o, I engage based on how I am being engaged with.

Today on this thread, all of us composed ourselves and I wish it could continue like this.

But on other thread we could all bring the abuse and tribalist comments depending on the kind of engagement from the other side.

Let's hope we can keep this tempo but I doubt it coz Nairaland na cruise. When you think you want to be gentle you go just see someone come and trigger you and kasala go burst immediately.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Parachoko: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
yes, a rerun should have been the logic.

Which one is cancel, what rubbish?
Why did you not create a thread and complain about this issue before and after Buhari sign the new electoral law?

The Electoral law states that anywhere there is over voting, the polling unit should be cancelled, no one protested about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Me o, I engage based on how I am being engaged with.

Today on this thread, all of us composed ourselves and I wish it could continue like this.

But on other thread we could all bring the abuse and tribalist comments depending on the kind of engagement from the other side.

Let's hope we can keep this tempo but I doubt it.
lol

3 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by FreeStuffsNG: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

You have made Mama's vote, who came out under the sun to vote, become void.

I think the OP question is who caused the over voting? No doubt it can be PDP but evidence?
PDP is the beneficiary wink
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Parachoko: 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
IgOga:

grin grin typical nairaland illiterate analysis.....700+ PUs....the law doesn't care whether it's apc or pdp or labour....if it is overvoting the law says cancel it.....in 2018 the law says conduct rerun.....but no more rerun
A lot of people like the OP jubilated when Buhari signed the law, they said he is using it to checkmate Tilumbu grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by kay1one(m): 3:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
PDP is the beneficiary wink

Lol...
No need to argue Abi?
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Parachoko: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
dustmalik:
BVAS may just be the greatest disaster in our electoral system yet
Why do you say so?

I don't understand why some of you are criticising the BVAS even though is doing the job is meant to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by smokinloud(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
Since the names of voters are not captured on ballot papers to be able to cross check with the BVAS register on whom they voted for. How did they know which party overvoted.

For example:
APC can still overvote without winning. It's common sense

Total accredited voters 3000
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground will tribunal the ay that the overvoting must have came from PDP and APC wasn't involved?

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?

How did they know how many figures PDP added and APC did? How can they just cancelled all when it's possible that APC sponsored the overvoting to disqualify those polling units? Since they are already losing there.

Adeleke legal team should be smart abeg
This is just your opinion.
Do you care to check what the constitution says?.
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
smokinloud:

This is just your opinion.
Do you care to check what the constitution says?.
Yes i know, they constitution na rubbish.

The constitution is basically telling us to fight dirty to defend our polling units.
If we do werey reach where INEC dey, them go cancel everything

3 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
Adeleke should App court
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by famouscargo4u: 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
Since the names of voters are not captured on ballot papers to be able to cross check with the BVAS register on whom they voted for. How did they know which party overvoted.

For example:
APC can still overvote without winning. It's common sense

Total accredited voters 300
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground will tribunal the ay that the overvoting must have came from PDP and APC wasn't involved?

Is this not why we should start printing people to write the names on their voters card on the ballot paper before voting?

How did they know how many figures PDP added and APC did? How can they just cancel all when it's possible that APC sponsored the overvoting to disqualify those polling units? Since they are already losing there.

This constitution is basically telling us to fight and kill ourselves to defend our polling units.

INEC Electoral acts states that wherever there is over voting, the total results should be canceled. For the records, it has been discovered that both APC and PDP were involved in overvoting, canceling the results however, favours APC.

According to INEC, overvoting occurs when the total votes cast is more than the ACCREDITED voters irrespective of the number of eligible voters in the polling unit.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by Workch: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
famouscargo4u:

INEC Electoral acts states that wherever there is over voting, the total results should be canceled. For the records, it has been discovered that both APC and PDP were involved in overvoting, canceling the results however, favours APC.

According to INEC, overvoting occurs when the total votes cast is more than the ACCREDITED voters irrespective of the number of eligible voters in the polling unit.
you still don't get the point. I am tired of conversing with Nigerians
Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by haffaze777(m): 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Congratulation to Governor gboyega oyetola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Osun Tribunal Know That It Was PDP That Overvoted And Not APC? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
So it means that, if I am losing in a polling unit, I can sponsor overvoting, so that polling unit can be canceled?

Am I right?
This process is shit after all
Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele Presenting New Naira Notes To Tunde Sabiu / Moment Cubana Chief Priest Was Arrest By EFCC / Lagos Attains 92% Literacy Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.