Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. (24899 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by seanwilliam(m): 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
mjuvey3:
Have you ever been super thirsty and you get hold of a chilled canned coke and gulp it up?

That feeling is out of this world.

I take coke a lot but I work out and eat bitter kola to supress the sugar .
lol. For your mind now u don suppress the sugar? grin Oga reduce your sugar intake abeg no let me vex for u o

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2023
CyberHustle:
Try zero calorie sweeteners and be disciplined about it.
Zero calorie sweetners? Haven't heard of them before. Brb

Mod:
Oh, I see, Just skimmed through an article from healthline. It would seem, the good thing about sich types of sugars would be the lack of calories. But, as i read, they should also be taken with caution. They are also sweetners; meaning your dopamine receptors wouldn't tell the difference. In irder words, that still leaves room for addiction. Then, is this a good addiction? It would seem it depends on the type of "natural sweetner" being used. They are after all extracts feom plants and processed like normal sugars. Evwn though they promise zero calories, according to a study referenced by healthline, there is the lingering possibility of diabetes. Not to mention the other side effects when consumed in large proportions at a time.

Thank you for sharpening my mind!
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by NothingDoMe: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

It's like there's a force propelling me to always take carbonated drinks.

Pls how do I get rid of such unhealthy habits?
Easy. Most addiction to carbonated drinks stems from the fact that you might be suffering from chronic dehydration.

Take more electrolytes to replenish lost fluids. The habit will disappear on its own

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by k4all(m): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
grin Decide to stay away from it.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Regex: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2023
pansophist:
Sodas have a substance in it knows as additive, and that's why you're always taking more because it's like that by design.

Start reducing the amount you drink per day. So go from two, then to one, and drink lots of water in between. Go slowly. That's the way out.

I also noticed that any time I drink coke, I want to drink more, but because I know about how addiction works, I just ignore the urge, drink water and force myself to sleep, then my body reset to normal in day or two. Do the same.

What do you think about sparkling water? I think it's carbonated water, however I take them instead.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by yesloaded: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

Stop the drink before it stopped you

Drink more of water and natural fruit juice

You can easily make fruit juice, it's healthy and better than these carbonated drinks
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by tradepunter: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Ewe a whole 3? Na do, it's a great addiction you got there

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Wotowotoman: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I nor know where carbonated drinks dey carry me dey go....but the sweet feelings I get whilst drinking it is heavenly sha kiss

@ bolded, you are a very funny human being grin

Na the high sugar content be the main wahala for those drinks. E sure me die say you get pot belly..

Just switch to Diet Coke first and then little by little you will see yourself stopping completely and switching to water when Diet Coke stops you from sleeping at night because of all the caffeine it contains.

Plus Diet Coke get very nasty after taste wey nor fit carry you go where you nor know cheesy grin
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Purelypure(m): 9:29pm On Feb 01, 2023
If u cant control it, try and take /chew bitter kola regularly to diffuse the effect.

Same for alcohol. Make bitter kola ur daily companion.

Dont thank me.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Hopium: 9:29pm On Feb 01, 2023
if you love yourself, before anything else, go for sugar level, diabetes and blood pressure tests... if you love yourself.

3 soft drinks per day?! WTF!!!

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by seanwilliam(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
favour32:
All these na poisons.
Plain alcohol,
Refined or synthetic sugar.
Energy drinks.
Hydrogenated oil,
Seed oil,
Milk
Hot food in cellophane package.

Them many....

If you know you know.

Cancer dey rejoice for cells wey sugar boku especially refined sugar.
What of tea?
Peak milk and millo? grin
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
Always drink it When eating soup
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Sammy101111(m): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
You are joking with Diabetes
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by flourishing247: 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Do you want to di.e? If I can stop taking it then you can. Just make a conscious effort to stop it.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Soulsymbol99: 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2023
Diabetes loading grin
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Starz825(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Nobody go force you to stop...na your body go tell you

I stopped last year April around Easter

Even for my work place....Dem share goodies with carbonated drinks....I dey dash the drinks out to my colleagues.... infact I have a plastic of Pepsi in the dining room fridge at work...na person wey I go dash I dey find....3 people wey I wan dash say Dem dey check their sugar levels....so na your body go tell you
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Wotowotoman: 9:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
seanwilliam:

What of tea?

Look at this soapy master. Na peak milk and milo you dey use re-energize and boost up after you waste all your sperm with soapy after watching Mami Igbagbo abi?
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Shenky(m): 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

Be like your yansh never comot before grin
No say I no warn you
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Wotowotoman: 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2023
Sammy101111:
You are joking with Diabetes

That’s not what causes diabetes jor angry
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Wotowotoman: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
Regex:

What do you think about sparkling water? I think it's carbonated water, however I take them instead.

This one is not that bad. It’s better than drinking sugar. Some people say the carbon is not good but it’s not confirmed scientifically
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by WantsandMore: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:

it's the sugar, your dopamine is beginning to take a heat, start by substituting with zero sugar then water. You'll be fine. Also avoid any other sugar induced meal or snacks, I see you gon like dem too much, like my baby, she too like junks, I wan begin replace dem with healthy options like crunchy coconut chips, cashew nut & the rest.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
Shenky:

Be like your yansh never comot before grin
No say I no warn you
Hey,be nice
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Ogarexmas: 9:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
You better stay off it now you can or else you will become a regular customer of UBTH. I have a close family friend suffering from acute diabetes due to his love for Pepsi years ago. Whatever this man eats Pepsi must be by the side. Oil rice o, Banga soup, Egusi soup, stew rice, pepper soup and yam or whatever you must see chilled Pepsi by the side.

I remember a few years the woman he usually buys Pepsi from will joking tell him to cut down the way he takes Pepsi, I wish he listened back then. It's so sad today he looks like a shadow of himself a man that's huge with that big man's looks looking like a walking corpse very slim and dry. As I am typing this I feel like crying because we are that close.

Run away from it else you will be a walking corpse and may end with an amputated body.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
WantsandMore:
it's the sugar, your dopamine is beginning to take a heat, start by substituting with zero sugar then water. You'll be fine. Also avoid any other sugar induced meal or snacks, I see you gon like dem too much, like my baby, she too like junks, I wan begin replace dem with healthy options like crunchy coconut chips, cashew nut & the rest.
I m trying.
Today alone I had the urge,but I substituted it with water,recite psalms 23 as backup
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
ImoleNaija:
If you like take 10 per day, who no go get diabetes, no go get.

Since we don't know if you're amongst those who can't suffer from diabetes, I will advise you learn ways to burn the sugar.

Billionaire, Warren Buffet Drinks about 5 Bottles of Coke a Day, and he is currently 91 years,
some say he has been a fan of coca-cola for
40 years now, before he was a Coke fan, he was
a pepsi fan.

Truly, some people can't get diabetes, but i think
he just has special genes.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by purples25(f): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2023
I have battled this too but when I'm spending more time at home, I hardly see it to drink. It's easy to avoid when I'm at home.

Thought it would reduce my weight when I stopped eating certain things. Well, there's a difference, but not much.

You're lucky if you have kids, take soft drinks and still have a nice figure. I'll call you super woman.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ogarexmas:
You better stay off it now you can or else you will become a regular customer of UBTH. I have a close family friend suffering from acute diabetes due to his love for Pepsi years ago. Whatever this man eats Pepsi must be by the side. Oil rice o, Banga soup, Egusi soup, stew rice, pepper soup and yam or whatever you must see chilled Pepsi by the side.

I remember a few years the woman he usually buys Pepsi from will joking tell him to cut down the way he takes Pepsi, I wish he listened back then. It's so sad today he looks like a shadow of himself a man that's huge with that big man's looks looking like a walking corpse very slim and dry. As I am typing this I feel like crying because we are that close.

Run away from it else you will be a walking corpse and may end with an amputated body.
M trying.m really making conscious efforts to nib it,but the coldness of the drink wee not just let me rest.
But m trying
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Eagba(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
lonelydora:

It's nothing to worry about, nne!

Na poverty and poor health facility dey worry us here in Nigeria

My American collegues both old and young drink Coke on each meal. They also take candy (sweet) too much too.

I used to drink like 4 coke a day, but thank God I have reduced it to one per day.
inferiority complex dey worry you
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by favour32(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
seanwilliam:

What of tea?
Go for green tea with lime or lemon.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
purples25:
I have battled this too but when I'm spending more time at home, I hardly see it to drink. It's easy to avoid when I'm at home.

Thought it would reduce my weight when I stopped eating certain things. Well, there's a difference, but not much.

You're lucky if you have kids, take soft drinks and still have a nice figure. I'll call you super woman.

Thanks for the compliments miss purple

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Earlystar698(m): 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
This one use style dey market herself lmao 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Camberlo(m): 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Yours is a joke, my supervisor in office take Powerhorse like 5 a day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos) / She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.