Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,766 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. (24915 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by FreeFolks: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
Reduce it gradually.
You can't suddenly stay away from it cheesy.

Drink more water and try to do exercise to burn your sugar levels.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Light78: 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

It's like there's a force propelling me to always take carbonated drinks.

Pls how do I get rid of such unhealthy habits?

Type 1 diabetes waiting for you.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by overseasnbeyond: 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2023
I don't know what is wrong in just three bottles per day.
As a matter of fact, my friend come to work with about 12 bottles every day and the MF finished them all before 12 hours shift is over.
If your pocket doesn't cry keep it up so that you get used to it by the time you made it to America

ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by MeineMutter: 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
mjuvey3:
Have you ever been super thirsty and you get hold of a chilled canned coke and gulp it up?

That feeling is out of this world.

I take coke a lot but I work out and eat bitter kola to supress the sugar.

The bitter kola and the coke are high in caffeine and they cause high blood pressure.

Watch out for anxiety disorder, which could aggravate to hbp and depression could set in later.

A close friend of mine recently died of excess of these in his bloodstream. ☹️ May God rest his sole.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by BOYS2MEN: 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2023
The mumu mod's that have been blocking ppl nor go see diz yeye person block...what's the economic importance of these post?? Like wetin d person wey Post these thrash wan make dem tell am now...??mtcheeww
ahnie:

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by MasterTeeUSA: 12:09am On Feb 02, 2023
Replace it with healthy alternative...like Orange or Apple Juice

ahnie:

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by GboyegaD(m): 12:11am On Feb 02, 2023
I used to be in your shoes where all I drink daily is coffee (sweetened with at least triple cream and triple sugar) and carbonated drinks. I have since reduced it but I still take coffee daily although less sweet and for carbonated drink, I take an equivalent of a can at most daily. What I do now is to mix it with water or green tea. That way, I only need less of it.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Atlantis585: 12:13am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

DIABETES LOADING…
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by KingMack(m): 12:19am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

Do you have a man in your life...I know why am asking pls
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Igboslayer: 12:19am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:
I nor know where carbonated drinks dey carry me dey go....but the sweet feelings I get whilst drinking it is heavenly sha kiss
Sugar craving is super highway to diabetes or high blood pressure before turning 40yr. You are destroying your cellular health with physical enjoyment right now.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Igboslayer: 12:21am On Feb 02, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Replace it with healthy alternative...like Orange or Apple Juice

No they are also as bad...nothing like eating our food and not drinking them. Water alone is the only drink for people that cherish their health.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by MasterTeeUSA: 12:38am On Feb 02, 2023
There are organic juice and 100% juice. He said he is addicted. He needs to start from somewhere before switching to just water.

Igboslayer:
No they are also as bad...nothing like eating our food and not drinking them. Water alone is the only drink for people that cherish their health.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by LordReed(m): 12:43am On Feb 02, 2023
mjuvey3:
Have you ever been super thirsty and you get hold of a chilled canned coke and gulp it up?

LoLz @ supress the sugar. FYI it doesn't.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Mercury12(m): 12:43am On Feb 02, 2023
kkins25:
Caffeine +Sugar! Double addiction!
Worst and deadly combination undecided

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 12:44am On Feb 02, 2023
Omawumi17:
3 in a day!
Please for the sake of ur kids
Stop ASAP!
You can try healthier options like smoothie, fresh fruit juice or water
Start by reducing the intake to once a day, at least
also not good
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 12:45am On Feb 02, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz @ supress the sugar. FYI it doesn't.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 12:46am On Feb 02, 2023
@pocohantus, Draw ahnie ears oh... 3 in a day hmmmm.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 02, 2023
When You Forsake These Then Be Prepared For Darkness

Apostle Joshua Selman

Listen And Learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf1tLUASZA
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by AFONJACOW(m): 12:59am On Feb 02, 2023
You are burning ur kidney
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Originalsly: 1:02am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

Knowledge. One can of soda contains the equivalent of 6.5 teaspoonfuls of sugar.... you wouldn't taste the sugar as if you actually put sugar.... but it gets into the body anyways. At this stage of life... you are already on the highway to diabetes. You may already be seeing signs along this highway ..... like little scratches and cuts and bruises struggling to heal. This can lead to glaucoma... unstoppable... which leads to blindness. Same diabetes.... thanks to soda in your case ... can lead to your body slowly dying from the extremities.... your toes .... which they will chop off .... then as the foot begins to die... they chop it off at the ankles.... you can kiss football and walking normal goodbye.... after the ankles they'll saw off your leg at the knee.... do you have strong arms?... you will need such to move wheelchair... start arm strengthening exercises now when your legs are still functioning. Is it at this stage you will give up sodas?... too late. But is up to you .... your soda..... your body ......your life.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Igboslayer: 1:09am On Feb 02, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
There are organic juice and 100% juice. He said he is addicted. He needs to start from somewhere before switching to just water.

The problem is not the juice actually, but the state they got delivered and digested. The best way to start is not juice honestly. Best way to get started is to quit sugar addiction in any disguise.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by 007Marvel(m): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2023
mjuvey3:

Just dey play,dey whine yourself,the lifestyle people live in their twenties always comes back to bite them when they are over 40. Dey whine yourself with I dey take bitter kola and all that shit, nor borrow leg run leave those junk food,na u know.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by NaijaCover(m): 1:17am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:
I nor know where carbonated drinks dey carry me dey go....but the sweet feelings I get whilst drinking it is heavenly sha kiss

Stop Drinking Too Much Of It.

, No Get Straight To Start Dey Publish Bad News For This Internet.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Johnrake69: 1:44am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

You’re poisoning your system. I was exactly like you about two years ago. I will stock my refrigerator with assorted drinks. I can’t eat any meal without a drink.

Until I was hospitalized for 5 days. My whole system was shutting down gradually. My sugar level went through the roof. 330 at the time.

From my lifestyle I had acquired diabetes. Now, I was put on drugs for 6months and to inject myself with insulin before going to bed.

I got home and made serious lifestyle changes. I refused to take the drugs nor the insulin shots but completely stopped drinks. I only go with water now.

And I noticed huge changes. The chronic back pain I was having disappeared. My sugar level is now normal less than 100 before meal and 130 after meal.

I didn’t take even one tablet from the drugs I spent about 60K buying. It’s still in my wardrobe.

You can stop it. Don’t wait until you’re rushed to the hospital because your body system will shutdown at some point.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by hssd8nland: 2:07am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

You are actually not addicted to it you are honestly Just craving sugar. Deficiencies in certain minerals such as zinc, chromium, iron, calcium, and magnesium may lead to sugar cravings
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by codeME: 2:29am On Feb 02, 2023
start by substituting with smoothe or zobo or kunu, some variety of those carbonated drinks have more than 30 tea spoon of sugar inside them, I tell you, taking 3 a day is a bomb ready to explode and you will not like it when it comes.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Osanoghodua1: 3:32am On Feb 02, 2023
I recommend you pray about it, and anytime the force is pushing you, buy water and drink it, can water and say: This is a cold Pepsi in Jesus name, Amen, continue for 6months like this. Also, buy fruits from the market, blind them and filter the blended fruits, take a glass every 3dsys and replace this with carbonated drinks. God will help you. Never be addicted to any food.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by pepericozi: 3:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Now that you have known, ogun ti se. Then repel the force when it approaches you.

Lobatan

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Vietnaminfo(m): 4:07am On Feb 02, 2023
I was in the same shoes with you. In the year 2016, I was craving for Coca-Cola like my umbilical cord was buried inside it. I advised myself one day that I am few meters to getting Diabetes and I cut the intake immediately. It is so addictive like a Cigarette smoker. Discipline yourself and know the effects it will have to you body now and in the near future. Take more of water and you wouldn't die.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 4:40am On Feb 02, 2023
post=120563989:

Stop Drinking Too Much Of It.

, No Get Straight To Start Dey Publish Bad News For This Internet.
Bighead
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by sunbreaker: 5:19am On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

my friend,you are playing with ulcer. It has happened to my sister,we are still on the solution till now. The gas content in it is dangerous.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by shopwiser: 5:45am On Feb 02, 2023
rickpat:
you craving for sugar this much is a sign of acute diabetes...go and check you blood sugar level and try to stop it immediately...with this rate you might lose an arm or leg in the future...this is not God forbid matter... I'm being blunt..na health matter be this...

drink water only..add lime or lemon or orange to the water..so that water it will taste better for you...I don't know your age,but the earlier you stay away from carbonated drinks the better for you...good luck
thank you for this o.. I checked and it's true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria / Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos) / Lifeless Body Of A New Baby Found Abandoned In Edo State ( Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.