Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. (24906 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Ndidiamaka025(f): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
I thought I was addicted to it too but recently I discovered it was because I was seeing money to get it whenever I feel like it.Now I don't have money on me again I don't think I am addicted because I can go days without it.

3 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ImoleNaija: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
y3mi:
Abeg rest….

Your still dey learn

I used to drink Pepsi 15 glass/plastic bottles a day from 2006 but reduced to like 3 to 6 a day since 2019

1 Share

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
You're not alone.. I once suffered from ulcer because of too much intake of carbonated drinks, I was so addicted that I was hardly drinking water.

I had to take a break from them for 3 years, but now I've resumed drinking them and I only drink them every once in a while.

The urges are still there, but my health comes first.
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

It's like there's a force propelling me to always take carbonated drinks.

Pls how do I get rid of such unhealthy habits?

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Emdebby2: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Diabetes is knocking on your door.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Babydaddymateri(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:
I m addicted to carbonated drinks and it's beginning to sound weird and I can hardly do without taking like 3 a day in every meal I take.

We're in the same shoes; in fact, your shoes no big reach my own...

But, ensure the way you can't do without carbonated drinks, don't do without taking bitters, unlimited natural fruits, plenty water, unripe plantain, then exercise more from time to time.

Then endeavor to check your BP and sugar level every week; I'd have said twice a month but that once a week, e geh why.

Bye
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
Emdebby2:
Diabetes is knocking on your door.
I reject it.
Pls encourage me to quit finally,not wishing me diabetes
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by ahnie: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ndidiamaka025:
I thought I was addicted to it too but recently I discovered it was because I was seeing money to get it whenever I feel like it.Now I don't have money on me again I don't think I am addicted because I can go days without it.
Lolz.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ogaonos:
use this medium to correct a misconceptn dt only soft drink cause diabetes.the real truth is dt nt only soft drink cause it but beer too cause it .infact beer is d highest cause of high rate of diabetes in men .hw many drink soft drink daily in dis countries very few but hw many men drink beer daily there many in numbers ..that why when our daddies (aging men)are diagnose with diabetes is hard for them to fight it because of beer intake habit
I'm yet to find evidence. I've written several works on the topic but have never come across beer to be an alarming cause for concern. I'd appreciate some links please.

And oh, soft drinks combined with rice, amala, eba, fufu, beef, spaghetti, bread, and the likes are all causative factors. I'm trying to quickly update my database(brain) with regards to this claim of yours but yet to find credible evidence. Does alcohol cause diabettes? No. Does it play a role in the formation of diabetes? Yes but not explicitly. moreover, when compared to coke, I'm sure somebody who is frequent with just one coke a day has a much greater risk than someone who drinks one bottle of gulder a day. Now, hopefully, you didn't make the comment based on "gender war".
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by sunbreaker: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

I M an ulcer patient already
you can see,better stop. The gas in it is very dangerous,if i see any of my kids with carbonated drink I will beat hell out of him/her
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Emdebby2: 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
ahnie:

I reject it.
Pls encourage me to quit finally,not wishing me diabetes
The best and healthy drink in life is water. Replace the carbonated drinks with water and you will notice changes in your system.
Also eat fresh fruits rather than can juice. I've said mine, the ball is in your court.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Ogaonos: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2023
kkins25:

I'm yet to find evidence. I've written several works on the topic but have never come across beer to be an alarming cause for concern. I'd appreciate some links please.

And oh, soft drinks combined with rice, amala, eba, fufu, beef, spaghetti, bread, and the likes are all causative factors. I'm trying to quickly update my database(brain) with regards to this claim of yours but yet to find credible evidence. Does alcohol cause diabettes? No. Does it play a role in the formation of diabetes? Yes but not explicitly. moreover, when compared to coke, I'm sure somebody who is frequent with just one coke a day has a much greater risk than someone who drinks one bottle of gulder a day. Now, hopefully, you didn't make the comment based on "gender war".

NO NEED TO FOLLOWING ARGUE .ASK ANY FIVE OLD MEN THAT HAS DIABETES WHICH DO THEY DRINK MORE BTW BEER ND SOFT DRINK.LIKE WHICH ONE THEY CONSUME TOO MUCH .U GO SHOCK THE ANSWER THEM GO GIVE YOU.
ANY ONE OF THESE DIABETES OLD MEN DT DRINK SOFT DRINK ASK AM WHETHER NA TO BOOST HIS SUGAR LEVEL HE GO TELL U YES.NOTICE ONE THING MOST PPLE WITH DIABETES FOR HOSPITALS NA OLD MEN.AM NT SAYING SOFT DRINK DOESNT CAUSE DIBETES IT DOESNT BUT IN REALITY IS NT D ONLY DRINK DT RESPONSIBLE BEER FOLLOW INFACT IS THE HIGHEST CONTRIBUTION TO DIABETES.REMEMBER NO B EVERY THING DOCTOR GO TELL U because U GOT SICK MAKE THEM MAKE MONEY FRM DRUGS DEY SELL TO U.PHARMACETIAL COMPANY GOT MAKE SALES TOO

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by kkins25(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Ogaonos:
NO NEED TO FOLLOWING ARGUE .ASK ANY FIVE OLD MEN THAT HAS DIABETES WHICH DO THEY DRINK MORE BTW BEER ND SOFT DRINK.LIKE WHICH ONE THEY CONSUME TOO MUCH .U GO SHOCK THE ANSWER THEM GO GIVE YOU.
ANY ONE OF THESE DIABETES OLD MEN DT DRINK SOFT DRINK ASK AM WHETHER NA TO BOOST HIS SUGAR LEVEL HE GO TELL U YES.NOTICE ONE THING MOST PPLE WITH DIABETES FOR HOSPITALS NA OLD MEN.AM NT SAYING SOFT DRINK DOESNT CAUSE DIBETES IT DOESNT BUT IN REALITY IS NT D ONLY DRINK DT RESPONSIBLE BEER FOLLOW INFACT IS THE HIGHEST CONTRIBUTION TO DIABETES.REMEMBER NO B EVERY THING DOCTOR GO TELL U because U GOT SICK MAKE THEM MAKE MONEY FRM DRUGS DEY SELL TO U.PHARMACETIAL COMPANY GOT MAKE SALES TOO

Never mind, I was thinking you were coming from a scientific POV. And, yes, given that more men do drink Alcohol than women, it's not unlikely that alcohol could a contributing factor. Nonetheless, i don't think alcohol is what is explicitly sending them to hospitals.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by pinkhill(f): 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
Try replacing it with Zobo

This was me years ago but i was able to end the addiction by denying myself every time the temptation arises.

Did i fail during this period yes and i tried harder till i got it right.

You can do it
ahnie:

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Prototypechemic(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buy Amphetamines online Germany, Buy Coke Online UK, Buy Cocaine online Europe

https://www.prototypechemicals.com
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Prototypechemic(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buy Research Chemicals online Europe

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Prototypechemic(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buy Carfentanil Online Europe | Buy Methamphetamine online Australia | Buy Cocaine online Europe

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by chuks2023: 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
start by drinking sparkling water. It's carbonated water. It's expensive tho.
ahnie:

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Prototypechemic(m): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2023
Buy Amphetamines online Europe

Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by BuyMeBanger: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
chuks2023:
start by drinking sparkling water. It's carbonated water. It's expensive tho.

Yep, that and 7up Zero (sugar free) is what I do for carbonated drink addiction, I haven't had a still drink in years.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by meobizy(f): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
More grease to your elbows. You’ll fit in properly in a developed nation.
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by Pricelessangel0(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2023
D l
Re: Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. by eghaghasammy(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2023
ahnie:

Go for smoothies instead, then wean off carbonated drinks, replace some bottles with cold water, and make sure u go see a Doctor for check up.U may be having symptoms of diabetes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria / Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.