Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) (52872 Views)

INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll / Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Osun Tribunal Verdict: Adeleke’s Lawyers Move To Get Certificate Of Return.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ImoleNaija: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Osun Tribunal.....

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by YungMillionaire: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
cool cool
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Lol @ go lo lo lo buga won🤣🤣🤣
Kizz Daniel o

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2023
This was what happened in Imo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by izubext007: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
With this electral act , Adeleke had hope
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Go and sue or better still join Adeleke's legal team, no come disturb us here with your mental masturbation.

Mastur wetin...Kilagbe kileju
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by shimolv: 10:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secomdary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

What about the voter's register.... Useless to Justice Kume.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

I want to believe this is fake though
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by famouscargo4u: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
alsudan:
Embarrassed to share same State with Justice Tertsea.

It's the new electoral law. It was a good call.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by newnigerdelta00: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
Papichulostunne:
Mtchew.!! Witches and wizards in the APC. The case will go to appeal court.

If na Peter Obi,shey be you for dey smile.... idiot,the devil I know is better than the angel called peter obi pretender

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by HomeTutorsPro: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secomdary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

Stop peddling false info.
Your attached document shows page 107 but the judgment is a 99-page document.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chukel(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:
The lead judgment of the Osun Tribunal was hinged on over voting.

But what did the 2022 Electoral Act say about over voting?

Read the provision of the Electoral Act on over voting as captured in section 51 and decide for yourself if justice was truly served in Osun or not.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase
read well. That section is applicable to events on election day. Results were not cancelled by polling officers but by the tribunal. That section does not apply to tribunal. It's clear.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by kel4soft: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

This is exactly what I said in my comment up there.

INEC should have done Justice to this before declaring winner and that is what the amended law says.

So I don’t know why OP is citing a law that is not even the bone of contention when INEC should have already did that before getting to court.

Law talk say make INEC themselves cancel in area where there is over voting. INEC no do anything, declare winner, and Oyetole took them to court.

Tsefini.

APC agent protested at that collation centre especially on Ede results. I saw him on television. The Returning officers ignored him and seeking redress in court is the proper thing to do

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chukel(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

no upturning. No retrial. I have never known you to be emotional. Appeal will uphold it. It's very clear.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by kel4soft: 11:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ogonimilitant:

Not the same. The returning officer rejected results from 3LGAs and that was before the amendment.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by maestroferddi: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
LegendHero:

All this you stated is INEC guideline itself, I don’t think it is binding on the court decision.

That is what INEC should have done themselves so don’t conflict the two.

You can see they are mentioning the presiding officer and etc. Check your screenshot well.

INEC the commission already declared their result. How this one take concern the court and the judgement at hand?
You guys are simply comical...

This kangaroo judgement will certainly be thrown by either theCourt of Appeal or the Supreme Court.

No shaking because Adeleke remains the governor till all the legal live lines are exhausted...

It will prove to be a pyrrhic victory because Tinubu is losing this election...

It is not inconceivable that the Court of Appeal will not be able to arrive at a verdict before 29th May....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by daygee12: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Here’s your sections 56, 57 & 58…

Now, tell me how it validates the Osun Tribunal ruling.

Go and read 51
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chukel(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
stop stating nonsense. This is the opposite of what happened in imo state. When will you guys ever learn and use your God given brain. Master the law.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:

Have you read the minority judgement, No?
You based your assertion on the majority....hmm.

Can I see the minority judgment
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:12pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chatinent: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
The Kizz Daniel's part shows it has become partisan.

Lagos Idi Amin is involved.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by wasuka14(m): 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
Una go just they stretch una muscle over fake documents. Who tell you that'sthe original documents? The same way you peoplewas celebrating frank mba yesterday as he poported to have been posted to lagos. Mumudients miscreants have perfect a skills to distribute fake news.

Penguin2:

When I saw the “Go lo lo lo” and “Buga won” references, it dawned on me that the judgment was written and given to Justice Kume to read.

I cannot, and will never believe, that a Judge who is from Benue and does not understand Yoruba, will be making reference to a Yoruba line in a song in the most trivial of manners for a case as serious as the mandate of the generality of Osun people.

I’m ashamed that something like this can still happen now, when we thought our judiciary was beginning to get things right.

I’m no longer surprised how Akpabio and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom got their judgments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Eriokanmi: 11:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lalar27:
This is what am saying concerning the presidential election.
Nigeria politics is like a cacus if the want you to join their group they will let you join if they don't want you you can never join no Matter how popular or influential you think you are.
Yes obi is a good candidate for the president seat but he can never beat asiwaju this election. Lai lai it will never be possible.
Peter obi is just like a church rat in front of Tinubu when it come to politics
Tinubu is more powerful Among the politicians
Tinubu will surely win the election take it or leave it
Obi will beat both atiku ant tinubu flat. Save today's date and attack me later

3 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
chukel:
no upturning. No retrial. I have never known you to be emotional. Appeal will uphold it. It's very clear.
I am not been emotional. This has been my stance from when the suit started. Ejimatic & garfield1 know that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

Stop peddling false info.
Your attached document shows page 107 but the judgment is a 99-page document.
Ok I will revert when I confirm.

PS: I have confirmed the document I posted and it is authentic, you can confirm.
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Wickedfacts: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
PDP lose, na Andrews Labour Party dey cry;
Gala hawker dey argue law;
Ipob dey beg Jubril not to release Kanu.

Wetin yellow trouser no go see for Odumeje hand.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Emir01: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
MrColdsweat:
For a candidate to nullify the votes of an opposition in his stronghold, all he has to do is to overvote.

You can only over vote in your strong hold.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ibechris(m): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lalar27:
This is what am saying concerning the presidential election.
Nigeria politics is like a cacus if the want you to join their group they will let you join if they don't want you you can never join no Matter how popular or influential you think you are.
Yes obi is a good candidate for the president seat but he can never beat asiwaju this election. Lai lai it will never be possible.
Peter obi is just like a church rat in front of Tinubu when it come to politics
Tinubu is more powerful Among the politicians
Tinubu will surely win the election take it or leave it

A rat calling himself a rabbit is a colossal mistake and that should stop.

Now that u guys have made Tinubu bigger than everyone in this country,that is exactly what is going to make him lose. When u compare him too big and too mighty that he can't be defeated,what awaits him is far dangerous and unspeakable until after the election.

Lastly,Tinubu would lose comfortably and shamefully.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 11:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
I am not been emotional. This has been my stance from when the suit started. Ejimatic & garfield1 know that.
Yes you are right ! IIt may interest us that NEC has even reportedly decided not to appeal the case. Anaba SAN refused to come for the judgement today .INEC knows that their genuine data have been used against them

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Penguin2: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
chukel:
read well. That section is applicable to events on election day. Results were not cancelled by polling officers but by the tribunal. That section does not apply to tribunal. It's clear.

So where did the Tribunal derive the power to cancel result of an election because of over-voting?
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Emir01: 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
You can join the legal team, Oyetola ask tribunal for cancellation of the over voting results which the court granted. Court can't make decision on someone's behalf, you can only get what you asked for or the case is dismissed. Did Adeleke ask court for a rerun?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chukel(m): 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
kel4soft:

APC agent protested at that collation centre especially on Ede results. I saw him on television. The Returning officers ignored him and seeking redress in court is the proper thing to do
actually, electoral act gives the power of cancellation of votes to only polling unit officer and the courts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari's Doctors Advise Him Not To Return To Nigeria For Now - Sahara Reporters / Royal Wedding: Natasha Akpoti To Marry Alema Of Warri, Emmanuel Uduaghan / Moment Akpabio Got Excited While Performing His First Duty As Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.