Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) (52865 Views)

INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll / Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / Osun Tribunal Verdict: Adeleke’s Lawyers Move To Get Certificate Of Return.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
I am not been emotional. This has been my stance from when the suit started. Ejimatic & garfield1 know that.

You are sounding somehow.
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by 43Ronin: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lalar27:
This is what am saying concerning the presidential election.
Nigeria politics is like a cacus if the want you to join their group they will let you join if they don't want you you can never join no Matter how popular or influential you think you are.
Yes obi is a good candidate for the president seat but he can never beat asiwaju this election. Lai lai it will never be possible.
Peter obi is just like a church rat in front of Tinubu when it come to politics
Tinubu is more powerful Among the politicians
Tinubu will surely win the election take it or leave it
Tinubu is not more powerful than Atiku. So since tinubu will beat PO, then Atiku will beat tinubu now based on your superiority stuffs
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by chukel(m): 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

So where did the Tribunal derive the power to cancel result of an election because of over-voting?
electoral act gives only polling unit officer and the court the power to cancel votes. It was on the basis of this that hope uzodinma won in supreme court cos his votes were cancelled by ward collating officer's and not the polling unit officers. The law is the law. Those who know it, know how to use it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
childish indeed!

Did I write the majority judgement?

Oga,how are we sure it is from there
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
ejimatic:
Yes you are right ! IIt may interest us that NEC has even reportedly decided not to appeal the case. Anaba SAN refused to come for the judgement today .INEC knows that their genuine data have been used against them
This is also not true. This is Ananaba SAN after the judgement;

In his own reaction, Counsel to Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Paul Ananaba, expressed dissatisfaction with the judgement.

“The tribunal chairman delivered what is called majority judgement; the second member of the panel gave a dissenting judgement while the third thanked everybody at the tribunal.

“These are the issues we will have to look into and get back to the commission. Anybody who listened to today’s judgement will know that only two people delivered the judgement and not three.

Mr Ananaba further stated that the Bimodal Verification Accreditation System (BVAS) was the primary source of what transpired on the day of the election.

He said there was no way a report issued after the election would be the primary source of what transpired on the election upon which the results would be declared.

Mr Ananaba urged the people of the state to remain calm, assuring them that all the legal options would be explored to get Mr Adeleke’s mandate back.

https://gazettengr.com/pdp-apc-react-to-osun-tribunal-judgement/?tztc=1

INEC is the first defendant and is infact very interested because BVAS is on the line.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
This was what happened in Imo state

How? Up magnus
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by rontolo(m): 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Procured judgement. A vast majority of the judiciary in the pocket of a leading Presidential candidate.

He wins the Presidential election and Nigeria enters an era of tyranny and oppression never seen before!

Vote wisely!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:
The lead judgment of the Osun Tribunal was hinged on over voting.

But what did the 2022 Electoral Act say about over voting?

Read the provision of the Electoral Act on over voting as captured in section 51 and decide for yourself if justice was truly served in Osun or not.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Fergie001
Garfield1
Kyase
You were referring to Sub-section 3, that there won't be any return, until the election in such cancelled Polling-units were re-conducted..

However,, consider the Sub-section 4...
Where it says that, if the cancelled Polling-units are not going to affect the over-all results of the election, then a winner would be announced.

So..
We are assuming that they considered the 4th Sub-section too, and it was satisfied.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Wickedfacts: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
Ok I will revert when I confirm.

Lolz.
It is people like you that ruined Adeleke. Relying on foolish rumours instead of facing facts.

Ordinary judgment, you're quoting a fake document and sharing it. That's beneath you. Don't let politics reduce your IQ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by OriOko88(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
A repeat of 2018 scenario will happen. Ademola will win at appeal and supreme.
God won't let oyetola come back. He go wreck more havoc sad
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Penguin2: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
ejimatic:
. The TB reserves the right to adjudicate on an election matter, cancel result. and return winner on behalf of INEC especially where there is no possiblity of rerun after manipulated results have been cancelled.

What we are trying to find out is where the Tribunal derived the power to cancel votes in over 700 polling units without ordering a rerun but going ahead to declare a winner with the exclusion of votes from over 700 polling units.

Is that justice?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,how are we sure it is from there
It is.
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Wickedfacts: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
childish indeed!
Did I write the majority judgement?

Guy, shut up. You're quoting nonsense and still arguing
I have the complete judgment both parts 1 and 2 and what you are quoting is not there.

Even Adeleke won't type this nonsense you're typing.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
Wickedfacts:
I know you edited it out... I know you nah.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
This is also not true. This is Ananaba SAN after the judgement;

https://gazettengr.com/pdp-apc-react-to-osun-tribunal-judgement/?tztc=1

INEC is the first defendant and is infact very interested because BVAS is on the line.
. We await whether INEC will appeal or not.My question from what he said is: Is it a must for the second judge in the majority judgement to read the judgement too? Answer is No .Since he was supporting all he needed was to sign the. judgement as he did.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

When I saw the “Go lo lo lo” and “Buga won” references, it dawned on me that the judgment was written and given to Justice Kume to read.

I cannot, and will never believe, that a Judge who is from Benue and does not understand Yoruba, will be making reference to a Yoruba line in a song in the most trivial of manners for a case as serious as the mandate of the generality of Osun people.

I’m ashamed that something like this can still happen now, when we thought our judiciary was beginning to get things right.

I’m no longer surprised how Akpabio and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom got their judgments.
but you where also not surprised how governor Doyi diri emerged in beyelsa state?

Hypocrite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Stanweezy(m): 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secomdary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

What about the voter's register.... Useless to Justice Kume.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

Go lo lo lo Buga won

That judge na werey grin
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by 77up(m): 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

When I saw the “Go lo lo lo” and “Buga won” references, it dawned on me that the judgment was written and given to Justice Kume to read.

I cannot, and will never believe, that a Judge who is from Benue and does not understand Yoruba, will be making reference to a Yoruba line in a song in the most trivial of manners for a case as serious as the mandate of the generality of Osun people.

I’m ashamed that something like this can still happen now, when we thought our judiciary was beginning to get things right.

I’m no longer surprised how Akpabio and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom got their judgments.
We know what you are trying to say, say it and stop Wailing already grin

We know you are trying to tell us that " Democracy is in danger" grin

2 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by beejay85: 11:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Almost all the presidents in Africa knows what 'buga won' means...
If ur kinsman- the tribunal chair doesn't know....then it says a lot about how socially aware he is..

6 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
author=ejimatic post=120435878]. We await whether INEC will appeal or not.My question from what he said is: Is it a must for the second judge in the majority judgement to read the judgement too? Answer is No .Since he was supporting all he needed was to sign the. judgement as he did.
That the judgement is 2-1 is not in dispute. Your saying INEC will not appeal isn't decided yet. They will (BVAS is on the line)

Ahead of a national election, they have no choice... Otherwise, other politicians are waiting to utilise same method.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by NothingDoMe: 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
Kizz Daniel o
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Fearyourcreator: 11:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lalar27:
This is what am saying concerning the presidential election.
Nigeria politics is like a cacus if the want you to join their group they will let you join if they don't want you you can never join no Matter how popular or influential you think you are.
Yes obi is a good candidate for the president seat but he can never beat asiwaju this election. Lai lai it will never be possible.
Peter obi is just like a church rat in front of Tinubu when it come to politics
Tinubu is more powerful Among the politicians
Tinubu will surely win the election take it or leave it
Too far
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
See, the Tribunal Chairman based his evidence on the BVAS report which is a secondary evidence rather than the primary evidence, the machine itself.

What about the voter's register.... Useless to Justice Kume.

One of two things will happen at the Appeal Court, either it is upturned or a retrial will be ordered but since there is no time, it should be upturned.

It is funny....just take a look at the majority judgement and tell me you wouldn't laugh.

The APC were able to establish beyond every reasonable doubts, that the so-called BVAS-Report was generated from the Primary Evidence (which happened to be the BVAS Machines), and then, INEC themselves couldn't refute the very established fact that the BVAS-Report came from the BVAS Machines, and they also accepted that the information that were contained in the BVAS-Report was generated under their supervision, and signed as certified true copies from them..
(Only if they knew what it really meant for them to certify such a document)

4 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 11:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

What we are trying to find out is where the Tribunal derived the power to cancel votes in over 700 polling units without ordering a rerun but going ahead to declare a winner with the exclusion of votes from over 700 polling units.

Is that justice?
INEC shirked in its responsibility to cancel votes cast where accreditation was compromised. The Tribunal is empowered by the law to handle cases relating to the election and decide on the matters. Cancellation is in the constitution on the controversial poling units The TB followed what is in the constitution as long as cancellation took place where there were cases of overvoting as presented and argued by the petitioner!TB acted on behalf of INEC as enshrined in the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
It is.

We await the full judgment
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by Papichulostunne(m): 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

If na Peter Obi,shey be you for dey smile.... idiot,the devil I know is better than the angel called peter obi pretender
Sleep and dance with your devil. Its a free world
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by ejimatic: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
fergie001:
That the judgement is 2-1 is not in dispute. Your saying INEC will not appeal isn't decided yet. They will (BVAS is on the line)

Ahead of a national election, they have no choice... Otherwise, other politicians are waiting to utilise same method.
. Truly as you have said INEC may appeal overvoting.What however will it use to argue it's case?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by garfield1: 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Guy, shut up. You're quoting nonsense and still arguing
I have the complete judgment both parts 1 and 2 and what you are quoting is not there.

Even Adeleke won't type this nonsense you're typing.

Please help me with the judgmenr
Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The APC were able to establish beyond every reasonable doubts, that the so-called BVAS-Report was generated from the Primary Evidence (which happened to be the BVAS Machines), and then, INEC themselves couldn't refute the very established fact that the BVAS-Report came from the BVAS Machines, and they also accepted that the information that were contained in the BVAS-Report was generated under their supervision, and signed as certified true copies from them..
(Only if they knew it meant for them to certify such a document)
INEC issued an updated one and adduced reasons why the first was issued.

Even if you follow the evidence act, you don't jettison primary evidence for the secondary one.

1 Like

Re: Osun Tribunal: What The Law Says In Case Of Over Voting (picture) by fergie001: 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
garfield1:

Please help me with the judgmenr
Thank you, when he sends it to you, mention me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Son, King West, Threatens People Who Post Negative Things About Him / Yusuf Buhari Visits Tinubu (Picture) / Epic Photo OF Buhari Deep In Thoughts; Looking Out Through His Office Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.