Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Sex And Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex And Fasting (355 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex And Fasting by Mathiasa(m): 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
I salute everyone in the house.
I have this issue with my wife with regards sex while fasting, I'm a Catholic while my wife attends redeem, we have our understanding with regards church so that's not an issue. We go to my church more often but atend her's sometimes. But I don't have issue with her taking part in their program. We got married last year.
The problem now is that redeem are having I think 51 days of fasting and she is partaking in it and now asking me not to have sex until after the fasting. I told her that after their own fasting, we the Catholic are starting ours for 40days.
I asked her does that mean no sex for almost 3 months?
I have told her my mind, it's either we make love after she's done fasting everyday or she doesn't fast at all. I don't want to go and look outside when I have a wife I love at home.
Pls my people in the house any advice?
Re: Sex And Fasting by rhadiator15(m): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ogbeni, u better hold body jare, why not wait till when you start ur own fasting, then you can always have sex after breaking ur fast!!
Re: Sex And Fasting by Adedotguy: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
wink
Re: Sex And Fasting by TenQ: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
Mathiasa:
I have this issue with my wife with regards sex while fasting, I'm a Catholic while my wife attends redeem, we have our understanding with regards church so that's not an issue. We go to my church more often but atend her's sometimes. But I don't have issue with her taking part in their program. We got married last year.
The problem now is that redeem are having I think 51 days of fasting and she is partaking in it and now asking me not to have sex until after the fasting. I told her that after their own fasting, we the Catholic are starting ours for 40days.
I have told her my mind, it's either we make love after she's done fasting everyday or she doesn't fast at all. I don't want to go and look outside when I have a wife I love at home.
Fasting without sex in marriage MUST be JOINTLY agreed upon for it to hold.

1 Corinthians 7:5
Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Key phrases
1. Do not deprive one another: is someone feeling deprived?
2. Except by Agreement: do you both have an agreement about not having sex?
3. For a limited Time: is the period of agreement short?

Show your wife this scripture and its interpretation

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Fasting by spice123(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2023
Mathiasa:

1 Cor 7:5
Abstaining from sex is permissible for a period of time if you both agree to it, and if it's for the purposes of prayer and fasting - but only for such times. Then come back together again. Satan has an ingenious way of tempting us when we least expect it.

Tell your wife that she should behave herself. Ignorance is not good. When she ends the fast each day, what will she be doing? Or is her fast 24 hours every day? Show her this scripture and until both of you AGREE to abstain, she should do her duties.

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Fasting by AntiChristian: 6:27am On Jan 29, 2023
This is why I like Islam.

The Prophet of Islam told Muslims to fast as one of the pillars of Islam.

When and how to fast is stated!

Dos and do nots are clearly stated.

What time to what time do you fast?

Alhamdulillah!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10: Richest And Wealthiest Churches In The World And Their Source Of Income / The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria / Why Is God More Gracious To Sinners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.