Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension (36691 Views)

Does The Supreme Court Have Original Jurisdiction Over Naira Deadline Case? / Dispute Over Old Naira Validity Pitches APC Govs Against FG / Lawyer Criticized Over Old Tweet Describing Obi As The 'Worst Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
INEC is like a toothless bulldog when it comes to stopping vote buying. This CBN policy is the best measure to me.
However, you can sue the CBN to court for doing the job you think should be reserved for INEC.

All you typed doesn't negate the following points neither does it answer my question.

You only confirmed my post you responded to. According to fela, you are "suffering and smiling". In the midst of your suffering, you are smiling because you think that Tinubu is the victim in your suffering. The suffering bakes the brains of Nigerians to be happy in their suffering is unheard of.

And you think that the same APC which you say has been responsible for your suffering is all of a sudden interested in your welfare because of vote buying.

Is it the job of CBN to prevent vote buying?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by FreedomfromtheT: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

That's not what I asked you.

Can you show me the law in the CBN act that states that preventing vote buying is part of the functions of CBN?

What are the rest that inec and EFCC can handle?
Then you and other complainers should sue the CBN to court for doing the job of INEC and EFCC. What are you waiting for?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Then you and other complainers should sue the CBN to court for doing the job of INEC and EFCC. What are you waiting for?

You didn't answer the questions .

Can you show me the law in the CBN act that states that preventing vote buying is part of the functions of CBN?

Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
INEC is like a toothless bulldog when it comes to stopping vote buying. This CBN policy is the best measure to me.
However, you can sue the CBN to court for doing the job you think should be reserved for INEC.

How is inec a toothless bulldog when it comes to vote buying?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by FreedomfromtheT: 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How is inec a toothless bulldog when it comes to vote buying?
They can only warn but can't arrest or even prosecute. Even those supposedly arrested by EFCC during Ekiti and Osun state governorship elections, are you hearing anything about them?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
They can only warn but can't arrest or even prosecute. Even those supposedly arrested by EFCC during Ekiti and Osun state governorship elections, are you hearing anything about them?

How did you come to the conclusion that inec can only warn?

Whose job is it to prevent vote buying in Nigeria?

Who are those that were arrested in ekiti and osun?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

That's not what I asked you.

Catch them on the the act, get evidence from the cbn to prosecute them.

it is not news that The CBN assist law enforcement and monitoring bodies to catch criminals.

u are seeing the truth and still asking for evidence. undecided
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
jaxxy:

Catch them on the the act, get evidence from the cbn to prosecute them.

it is not news that The CBN assist law enforcement and monitoring bodies to catch criminals.

u are seeing the truth and still asking for evidence. undecided

What evidence do they need to get from cbn?

You haven't answered my question....Can you show me the law in the CBN act that states that preventing vote buying is part of the functions of CBN?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

If bullion vans went to Tinubus house during election several years ago, why wasn't he investigated and prosecuted all this while for breaking the law?

he was spared by powers that be and loop holes in Cbn policy bt now we dare him to try it and see what will happen.

Let tinubu order bullion vans into his house a day to election abd see what will happen.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by Crvrider: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2023
Moh247:

You are Ibo, your entire generation know absolutely nothing about politics

No President in 60 years no vice, no Senate President

Quite useless group of drug dealers

You're so petty and terribly disgusting...just go back and read the trash you've been spewing right from the first page.

Is this how you add value to yourself when you wake in the morning?

You're swamped with pettiness.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by Moh247: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
Crvrider:

You're so petty and terribly disgusting...just go back and read the trash you've been spewing right from the first page.

Is this how you add value to yourself when you wake in the morning?

You're swamped with pettiness.

Spare the rod and spoil the Ibo child
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered my question....Can you show me the law in the CBN act that states that preventing vote buying is part of the functions of CBN?

it will be under money laundering laws for illegal activities in thos case vote buying. Meaning 2 crimes.

I won't tell u the evidence, just let him or any vote buyers try their luck.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2023
jaxxy:

he was spared by powers that be and loop holes in Cbn policy bt now we dare him to try it and see what will happen.

Let tinubu order bullion vans into his house a day to election abd see what will happen.

How do you know that he was spared? If you say what he did was a crime, why was he spared?

Who are the powers that be that spared him?

What are those loopholes in cbn policy and what policy are you referring?

If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house? What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
jaxxy:

it will be under money laundering laws for illegal activities in thos case vote buying. Meaning 2 crimes.

I won't tell u the evidence, just let him or any vote buyers try their luck.

Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by NothingDoMe: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2023
Moh247:

You are Ibo, your entire generation know absolutely nothing about politics

No President in 60 years no vice, no Senate President

Quite useless group of drug dealers
You know you are actually proving their point why an igbo man should be president now. Just saying
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

You didn't answer my question.

If bullion vans went to Tinubus house during election several years ago, why wasn't he investigated and prosecuted all this while for breaking the law?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by Moh247: 12:02am On Jan 29, 2023
NothingDoMe:
You know you are actually proving their point why an igbo man should be president now. Just saying

Ibos should go and steal Presidency or scam 94 million electorate since that attitude of unruly behavior is their campaign strategy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:02am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How do you know that he was spared? If you say what he did was a crime, why was he spared?

Who are the powers that be that spared him?

What are those loopholes in cbn policy and what policy are you referring?

If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house? What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?

It's like asking me why dasuki wasn't prosecuted by Jonathan?

Many people and civil bodies have called for investigation and prosecution of the bullion van incident. The efcc and cbn have looked the other way obviously because buhari was contesting and they choose to ignore.

Bt now the situation is very different. Policy has changed and FG is alert and against vote buying and criminality during this elections.

But anybody with 2 heads is free to try their luck.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer my question.

I answered u bt u refused to accept the answered or maybe u believe he didn't break the law.

Well let him try it now so we can confirm if he is breaking the law or not. Let him order the bullion vans again afterall he said its his money.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:12am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

I answered u bt u refused to accept the answered or maybe u believe he didn't break the law.

Well let him try it now so we can confirm if he is breaking the law or not. Let him order the bullion vans again afterall he said its his money.

You still haven't answered the question. why wasn't he investigated and prosecuted all this while for breaking the law?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

It's like asking me why dasuki wasn't prosecuted by Jonathan?

Many people and civil bodies have called for investigation and prosecution of the bullion van incident. The efcc and cbn have looked the other way obviously because buhari was contesting and they choose to ignore.

Bt now the situation is very different. Policy has changed and FG is alert and against vote buying and criminality during this elections.

But anybody with 2 heads is free to try their luck.

Since 2019 till now, are you saying that buhari is still contesting?

1. How do you know that he was spared?

2. If you say what he did was a crime, why was he spared?

3. Who are the powers that be that spared him?

4. What are those loopholes in cbn policy and what policy are you referring?

5. If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house?

6. What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Since 2019 till now, are you saying that buhari is still contesting?

1. How do you know that he was spared?

2. If you say what he did was a crime, why was he spared?

3. Who are the powers that be that spared him?

4. What are those loopholes in cbn policy and what policy are you referring?

5. If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house?

6. What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?

I have answered all ur questions everyone of dem. Repeating ourselves won't change anything.

Let him order bullion vans again we want check smtn.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You still haven't answered the question. why wasn't he investigated and prosecuted all this while for breaking the law?

He was spared like Jonathan spared dasuki even tho it was a crime.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:20am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

I have answered all ur questions everyone of dem. Repeating ourselves won't change anything.

Let him order bullion vans again we want check smtn.

Can you show me where you answered the following questions?

1. Since 2019 till now, are you saying that buhari is still contesting that Tinubu can't be investigated and prosecuted?

2. How do you know that he was spared?

3. If you say what he did was a crime, why was he spared?

4. Who are the powers that be that spared him?

5. What are those loopholes in cbn policy and what policy are you referring?

6. If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house?

7. What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:22am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

He was spared like Jonathan spared dasuki even tho it was a crime.

I didn't ask you about Jonathan and dasuki. I didn't ask you if he was spared or not. If you say Tinubu committed a crime by bringing bullion vans into his house on the eve of election, why wasn't he prosecuted?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:26am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

I didn't ask you about Jonathan and dasuki. I didn't ask you if he was spared or not. If you say Tinubu committed a crime by bringing bullion vans into his house on the eve of election, why wasn't he prosecuted?

he was spared. same way Jonathan didn't prosecute dasuki and diezani.

it's common sense.

Bt if tinubu feels its not a crime he should try it again.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Can you show me where you answered the following questions?

1. Since 2019 till now, are you saying that buhari is still contesting that Tinubu can't be investigated and prosecuted?

6. If you say he committed a crime, why wasn't he perscuted when bullion vans came to his house?

7. What was the crime he committed by bringing bullion vans into his compound on eve of election?

go back and read my response again slowly this time. maybe u missed it.

I don't repeat myself.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:35am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

go back and read my response again slowly this time. maybe u missed it.

I don't repeat myself.

you didnt state anything worth missing. theres no need to repeat yourself since you havent answered the questions in the first place.

Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:37am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

he was spared. same way Jonathan didn't prosecute dasuki and diezani.

it's common sense.

Bt if tinubu feels its not a crime he should try it again.

ita s not common sense since you are struggling to answer the question.

"he was not prosecuted" is the same thing as "he was spared". you have still failed to answer the simple question.

If you say Tinubu committed a crime by bringing bullion vans into his house on the eve of election, WHY wasn't he prosecuted?

I hope you know the meaning of "WHY"?
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

"he was not prosecuted" is the same thing as "he was spared". you have still failed to answer the simple question.

If you say Tinubu committed a crime by bringing bullion vans into his house on the eve of election, WHY wasn't he prosecuted?

I have told u why with examples to simplify it for u. It the matter is taken up any day it is game over.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by jaxxy(m): 12:40am On Jan 29, 2023
CheapHomes1:

you didnt state anything worth missing. theres no need to repeat yourself since you havent answered the questions in the first place.

Copy and pasting same questions won't help u or change the facts.
Re: Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension by CheapHomes1: 12:43am On Jan 29, 2023
jaxxy:

I have told u why with examples to simplify it for u. It the matter is taken up any day it is game over.

i didnt ask you for examples. pls read again.

"he was not prosecuted" is the same thing as "he was spared", that is the "WHAT". you have still failed to answer the simple question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abdulkarim Dauda & Mike Okiro's Leaked Phone Conversation On Police Promotion / Mohammed Isa Killed By ESN, Not Our Member - Miyetti Allah / I Won’t Return N100 Million, Says Chief Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.