Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate (16257 Views)

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by asanausana91: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tinubu is not the president yet but he is feeling that he is too big to answer to the public, what will happen if he mistakenly win the election? No sensible Nigerian will want Tinubu as a president of this country.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by kcbaba007: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mandate2023:
Good move.......I don't know hw any right thinking person will think any other party will win lagos with all d developmental projects
You are correct. But should that make him run away from debates on how he will keep developing lagos?? Omo try defend sensibly na...APC suppose win lagos by 90% but why is he running away from debates??
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
adioolayi:
Politics 101...

Depriving Jandor some oxygen to potentially shine.

This debate would have given Jandor a good platform for millions of Lagosians, to even listen to him. Many seems not interested in his campaigns, they would have been forced to listen, and possibly, if he performs excellently well, can gain some votes.

Sanwoolu has tactically deprived him of this huge opportunity.

A well calculated move.

Modified: I am not saying shunning debate is morally right..NO. I have only analysed Sanwoolu's move as far as politics is concerned.
See as you dey applaud rubbish like mumu...now would a sitting governor in a developed state in US run away from a debate?? These states are far better than lagos states in every aspect. Do you think a sitting governor will say since he has done a lot, he doesn't deserve to be in a debate against another politician??

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by phemmyfour: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
asanausana91:
jandor is not the one to ask him questions, lagosians want him to answer their questions.

Lagosians have been asking him since now, SanwoOlu visit TV stations almost every 2 month. Last month he was on Ur TVC ur view, and questions were asked..

He can't use his market to sell Jandor.. it's all strategy. He won't descend so low to the extent that Jandor will start accusing him, it's easier to accuse wen ure outside than inside. In inside u will face reality.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Kayharry(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jandor should av wait till end of sanwolu tenure by then he can win APC in Lagos .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by asanausana91: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Echoban:

Lagosians have been asking him since now, SanwoOlu visit TV stations almost every 2 month. Last month he was on Ur TVC ur view, and questions were asked..

He can't use his market to sell Jandor.. it's all strategy. He won't descend so low to the extent that Jandor will start accusing him, it's easier to accuse wen ure outside than inside. In inside u will face reality.
TVC is a political TV stations they will not ask him questions that matters, it will have been better if you are talking about Arise Tv.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2023
asanausana91:
TVC is a political TV stations they will not ask him questions that matters, it will have been better if you are talking about Arise Tv.

TVC is Political but arise is not angry grin. Arise that is PDP and LP sympathetic. Talk as if u dont know..

Meanwhile I didn't say TVC debate, I meant Ur view program where lagosians called in and he answered them well live. Go and watch it.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by asanausana91: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
Echoban:

TVC is Political but arise is not angry grin. Arise that is PDP and LP sympathetic. Talk as if u dont know..

Meanwhile I didn't say TVC debate, I meant Ur view program where lagosians called in and he answered them well live. Go and watch it.
mention two youths that asked him questions on that day.
The man cannot explain where the 51 billions is going every month.
Mr man, I don't watch that trashy TVC.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by YeeboMuslim: 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Cutezt:
Like father like son. 🤣🤣

I dey always talk am, if the money generated by Lagos State was fully used to build the state, it would have been competing with the best cities in the world, but everybody dey carry their share.

Why is your own state not competing with even Lagos

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by YeeboMuslim: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Chekwume16:
I stayed of 7/8 bus stop for over 10 years. I am a lagosian more than you are. Sanwo olu has done his bit but he could have done 20 times more than he has done if not for the grip tinubu has on him. Lagos has a1.7 trillion naira budget and that is 4 times more than the next state's budget in the country. Like I said poverty has made you blind. When you conquerpoverty you will reason well
Lagos has 20 million plus people to cater for .
What is the population of other states and what are they doing with their funds ??
Show us where you've castigated the mor.ons leading your various states here.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by YeeboMuslim: 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
asanausana91:
Lagos will never be free until Tinubu is dead.
Which state are you from oga ?
Lagos Lagos Lagos everyday while terrorists and bandits are taking over your state.
If Sanwo olu was a failure like your governor, would anyone be running to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by YeeboMuslim: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
asanausana91:
Oloriburuku
TVC is political but Arise owned by Atiku lapdog isn't political.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
asanausana91:
mention two youths that asked him questions on that day.
The man cannot explain where the 51 billions is going every month.
Mr man, I don't watch that trashy TVC.

So I should cram the name of those that called for u on to say wetin?. U wan pay me angry

As u no watch am, who's to be blamed? Me??, between u and I who is getting worried?? U of course.

He explained the 50billion spending on channels TV late last year. Go and look for it . If u like no see am. E concern u.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lashist:

You are correct. But should that make him run away from debates on how he will keep developing lagos?? Omo try defend sensibly na...APC suppose win lagos by 90% but why is he running away from debates??

If he attend the debates it's going to give Jandor attention he doesn't deserves. Better to avoid it. Let them invite him for scrutiny specially not to come and start answering Tim tum questions with vivo and Jandor wey no fit tie him lace.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
bayelsaowei:
they should reschedule the debate to hold somewhere neutral..maybe Abuja..

This Apc administration and its followers are more than determined never to participate in debates...

Sanwolu knows that questions around the end sars protest and the deplorable state of lagos state would be asked during the debate. And he knows his opponent would be more than ready to throw punch lines.

Bayelsa boy, u seems to know a lot abt Lagos than ur nonscence decaying state grin

To even think u guys have produced a president makes it nuseating
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by asanausana91: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Echoban:

So I should cram the name of those that called for u on to say wetin?. U wan pay me angry

As u no watch am, who's to be blamed? Me??, between u and I who is getting worried?? U of course.

He explained the 50billion spending on channels TV late last year. Go and look for it . If u like no see am. E concern u.
abeg go sleep.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Gbemini(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
SaiOba:
ọmọ a láì lẹ́ẹ̀kọ́
omo ale ile yoruba
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Chekwume16(m): 5:29am On Jan 30, 2023
Check my quotes. Then see how much I have roasted my own governor. You guys should stop playing politicsof sentiments
YeeboMuslim:

Lagos has 20 million plus people to cater for .
What is the population of other states and what are they doing with their funds ??
Show us where you've castigated the mor.ons leading your various states here.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Mandate2023: 7:08am On Jan 30, 2023
Lashist:

And that debate is what will solve the problems or mouth making platforms grin grin grin grin or is debate part of the constitutional requirements........not taking part in nonsense is not running away but class, APC has a manifesto for lagos state and all dis debates r inconsequential.....sanwo took part in debates during last election but nw his not ready to dance with idiot period.......try type sensibly for once....debate is not by force
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Mandate2023: 7:20am On Jan 30, 2023
asanausana91:
what are the developmental projects? If Lagos is making 51 billions, be the highest loan collector, collect almost the highest federal allocation, then it will be very stupid for someone to tell us that Lagos is working.
If lagos is really doing fine,why will sanwo Olu be afraid of telling the public in a debate?
One man has pocket all the state money leaving poor lagosians to surfer.

Just tell me d state u r from pls..... grin lagos worked for the IGR due to the revolutionary vision of tinubu....the oil producing state made more money per population capital than Lagos and yet nothing to show....is lagos state d only state elections will be taking place, don't u want a better governor than d kerosene shearing pig u called governor in ur state grin
Why must sanwo attend debate when there's a manifesto if u want to know his plans, I rather listen to lies from those amateur that want to change lagos to new York over night just like hoebi rather than the reality grin

U guys r clown grin when tinubu was negotiating LFTZ in china and lekki deep see port in Singapore u and ur governors were hating nw revenue is coming u r crying...what stops other state from attracting investors even if not up to d level of Lagos state at least.....but none, and u the foolish ppl it's the achievers that u r hating
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by asanausana91: 8:05am On Jan 30, 2023
Mandate2023:

Just tell me d state u r from pls..... grin lagos worked for the IGR due to the revolutionary vision of tinubu....the oil producing state made more money per population capital than Lagos and yet nothing to show....is lagos state d only state elections will be taking place, don't u want a better governor than d kerosene shearing pig u called governor in ur state grin
Why must sanwo attend debate when there's a manifesto if u want to know his plans, I rather listen to lies from those amateur that want to change lagos to new York over night just like hoebi rather than the reality grin

U guys r clown grin when tinubu was negotiating LFTZ in china and lekki deep see port in Singapore u and ur governors were hating nw revenue is coming u r crying...what stops other state from attracting investors even if not up to d level of Lagos state at least.....but none, and u the foolish ppl it's the achievers that u r hating
see how foolish you sound. So because Tinubu was a governor so any IGR that Lagos have should go to his pocket? What exactly is the purpose of the IGR, is it for one man to pocket everything?
The IGR come from the tax that poor lagosians are paying. The IGR is supposed to be used to develop Lagos, not to the pocket of one idiot.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2023
Mandate2023:

And that debate is what will solve the problems or mouth making platforms grin grin grin grin or is debate part of the constitutional requirements........not taking part in nonsense is not running away but class, APC has a manifesto for lagos state and all dis debates r inconsequential.....sanwo took part in debates during last election but nw his not ready to dance with idiot period.......try type sensibly for once....debate is not by force
Now I ask you...is Lagos better than california where a sitting governor/politician is always ready to debate opposition anytime? You said type sensibly...you don't know you guys are the biggest idiots we have in naija...defending rubbish with all your strength...is Lagos better than the states in America?? Those governors in US will always debate. Obama that was sitting president of the strongest and one of the most developed countries went for debate against his oppositions during his 2nd tenure but it is in naija were stupid trolls like you support your politicians for not going to debates and the same idiots like you want naija to developed cheesy idiots like you want Lagos like US but don't want your candidates to come out and say anything in debates...with these mentality, you'd never develop. All your life, you will be used online for trolling and defending failures...ride on
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2023
Echoban:

If he attend the debates it's going to give Jandor attention he doesn't deserves. Better to avoid it. Let them invite him for scrutiny specially not to come and start answering Tim tum questions with vivo and Jandor wey no fit tie him lace.
Question is do American governors attend debates for re-election or not?? You want your candidates to avoid political debates but you also want them to develop the country like US and other developed countries...how is that possible?? I bet you also support BAT running away from debates bcus he'd give other candidates attention cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Kewtt: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2023
adioolayi:

A well calculated move doesn't make it a morally right move. What I said was that was an intentional move not to debate with Jandor.

It doesn't mean he is doing a right thing shunning debate.
No morality in politics. If not Obi a mediocre governor at best won't be repackaged by ipob miscreants as the next best thing for Nigeria

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Mandate2023: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2023
Lashist:

Now I ask you...is Lagos better than california where a sitting governor/politician is always ready to debate opposition anytime? You said type sensibly...you don't know you guys are the biggest idiots we have in naija...defending rubbish with all your strength...is Lagos better than the states in America?? Those governors in US will always debate. Obama that was sitting president of the strongest and one of the most developed countries went for debate against his oppositions during his 2nd tenure but it is in naija were stupid trolls like you support your politicians for not going to debates and the same idiots like you want naija to developed cheesy idiots like you want Lagos like US but don't want your candidates to come out and say anything in debates...with these mentality, you'd never develop. All your life, you will be used online for trolling and defending failures...ride on

U have to compare lagos to California bcoz u can't compare with anywhere else thanks to tinubu grin grin grin grin well dis is not US, dis is Nigeria coz California will not allow gala sellers in traffic and the burden of a whole nation won't be place on a state in US.........in US the citizens r not as foolish as u ppl, once u talk dey hold it and expect u to do as u have said but here ppl only go to debate to make mouth and say rubbish dey have no idea hw to achieve, ppl who can't be LG administrator want to be governor, u should be using ur sense if u have any when next u want to comment idiat
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Echoban: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Lashist:

Question is do American governors attend debates for re-election or not?? You want your candidates to avoid political debates but you also want them to develop the country like US and other developed countries...how is that possible?? I bet you also support BAT running away from debates bcus he'd give other candidates attention cheesy

American uses their semses to vote not emotion, here in Nigeria u have IPOB people hoping to vote their vivo vivo just to spite BAT hence looking for who will give him attention, not minding SanwoOlu performance.

This is nigeria politics , it's a different ball game here. Read the room with ur senses not emotion and u will go far.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2023
Mandate2023:

U have to compare lagos to California bcoz u can't compare with anywhere else thanks to tinubu grin grin grin grin well dis is not US, dis is Nigeria coz California will not allow gala sellers in traffic and the burden of a whole nation won't be place on a state in US.........in US the citizens r not as foolish as u ppl, once u talk dey hold it and expect u to do as u have said but here ppl only go to debate to make mouth and say rubbish dey have no idea hw to achieve, ppl who can't be LG administrator want to be governor, u should be using ur sense if u have any when next u want to comment idiat
Oh...you agree that you as a citizen is a foolish person that is happy that a governor runs away from a debate. So you know your candidates only say what you want to hear and wont achieve nothing cheesy..just so you know, not everyone is as foolish as you are...what even makes you more foolish is that you don't gain anything from the government whether directly or indirectly. You will buy fuel same price I'd buy mine. When you face insecurity, they won't leave you alone even when you say you be APC fan cheesy. Highest they will give you small data to create more monikers to defend them online. Idiots like you will also compare naija to US bcus you want to defend BAT running away from debates..nobody needs to tell you how useless you are. The way you created this moniker to troll, by the end of election you'd have deactivated it for sure
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Lashist(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Echoban:

American uses their semses to vote not emotion, here in Nigeria u have IPOB people hoping to vote their vivo vivo just to spite BAT hence looking for who will give him attention, not minding SanwoOlu performance.

This is nigeria politics , it's a different ball game here. Read the room with ur senses not emotion and u will go far.
Lol...you don foolishly bring ipob bcus you have nothing sensible to say...you want naija to be like US but you are happy and celebrating that your candidate is running away from debates.. who are the ipob people that want to spite BAT? You mean OBJ and afenifere people?? When did they join IPOB?? How about BAT that goes around saying he will come to agreement with ipob? I guess he is also an ipob too cheesy. We have said it several times, you people won't be emancipated from your foolishness...the way you urchins think would never make you develop anywhere...keep defending
Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by christistruth01: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Eva2000:

The Lagos State government on Saturday said security agencies will find and prosecute the hoodlums who attacked the convoy of Abdul-Azeez Adediran (Jandor), governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the coming 2023 election in the state.

In a statement by Gbenga Omotoso, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, sent to POLITICS NIGERIA, the government said it was “shocked” by the video of a group of thugs shooting in broad daylight in Surulere.

Three persons were reportedly killed, while others sustained various degree of injuries when supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), and the PDP engaged in violent clash during the Jandor’s political campaign in Surulere area of Lagos State on Friday.

But the Lagos government said the hoodlums are “henchmen of the PDP”.

“Security agencies are investigating the video, which has gone viral on the social media. We believe they will fish out and prosecute the evil actors, who are believed to be henchmen of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“We condemn this savagery that has portrayed our state, the safest in Nigeria, in a bad light. That is not who we are; we are civilized and cultured.

“Following advice from competent sources, including elders and respectable Lagosians, we will henceforth shun any forum that may require us being together with PDP and its agents of violence.

“Consequently, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu regrets to announce that he will not be participating at The Platform Governorship Debate of January 29, 2023.

“The Governor holds Pastor Poju Oyemade and the Covenant Christian Church family in high esteem and cherishes future opportunities to engage the congregation and render accounts of his stewardship to them as integral parts of the Lagos electorate.

“We will never be found in the company of those to whom the lives of innocent Lagosians mean nothing. Mr Sanwo-Olu won’t share a podium with them,” the statement by Omotoso reads.

https://lagostoday.com.ng/lagos-will-never-condone-violence/

grin

The information that you posted above is complete fake News

This is what was written , reported and signed by Mr Gbenga Omotoso

Re: Sanwo-Olu Withdraws From The Platform Governorship Debate by Mandate2023: 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
Lashist:

Oh...you agree that you as a citizen is a foolish person that is happy that a governor runs away from a debate. So you know your candidates only say what you want to hear and wont achieve nothing cheesy..just so you know, not everyone is as foolish as you are...what even makes you more foolish is that you don't gain anything from the government whether directly or indirectly. You will buy fuel same price I'd buy mine. When you face insecurity, they won't leave you alone even when you say you be APC fan cheesy. Highest they will give you small data to create more monikers to defend them online. Idiots like you will also compare naija to US bcus you want to defend BAT running away from debates..nobody needs to tell you how useless you are. The way you created this moniker to troll, by the end of election you'd have deactivated it for sure

But 1 thing is sure......lagos is safe and progressing while ur region is a shithole

U no fit ever get brain even if u die grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll / Ajimobi And Expatriates Lay Foundation For Oyo Free Trade Zone / Igbokwe: If Buhari Is Indeed Sick, Let Him Proceed On Medical Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.