Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll (16210 Views)

Poll: Who is your candidate?

Buhari(CPC): 48% (356 votes)
Dele Momodu (NCP): 0% (2 votes)
GEJ(PDP): 25% (191 votes)
Ribadu(ACN): 21% (157 votes)
Utomi(SDMP): 1% (13 votes)
Okotie(FP): 0% (4 votes)
Shekarau(ANPP): 0% (5 votes)
Others: 1% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Official (presidential only) Results So Far Declared By INEC As At March 30 / Official Presidential Election Result For Ondo Has Been Released By INEC / Nairaland Presidential Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guys, the die is cast!!! The candidates have emerged, speculations have gone, calculations disappeared. Now, let's have an opinion poll on the forthcoming Presidential Elections.

Cast your vote for your candidate of choice.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
RIBADU OR BUHARI!! cool God forbid if GJ becomes our president sad. Well, he would rig his way in anyway undecided lipsrsealed
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by onemopol: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
jason123:

RIBADU OR BUHARI!! cool God forbid if GJ becomes our president sad. Well, he would rig his way in anyway undecided lipsrsealed

Not a smart way to conceed defeat my guy. Pdp will win clean in a free and fair election. Think political structure and you 'd understand what i mean.

CPC is just buhari and him alone, No structure to even rattle half of the country. Think ACN and know that it is simply SW. Nothing more. Now instead of an aliance CPC and ACN are running different shows. This must be some high level delusion.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by chosen04(f): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
one mopol:

Not a smart way to conceed defeat my guy. Pdp will win clean in a free and fair election. Think political structure and you 'd understand what i mean.

CPC is just buhari and him alone, No structure to even rattle half of the country. Think ACN and know that it is simply SW. Nothing more. Now instead of an aliance CPC and ACN are running different shows. This must be some high level delusion.

Is free and fair election in the dictionary PDP? . . . . . . . .********never********
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
one mopol:

To an extent, I agree with you there.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Mariory(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Moderators

Sticky this thread darn it! grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by naso2(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2011
walkover for GEJ
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by UyiIredia(m): 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
i'll stick to GEJ >>> the deserves a shot >>> i intend to vote for him >>> it'll be my first >>> and i hope that it wouldn't be an ugly experience
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jarus, thank you!

First of all, I want you all to look at the situation of Nigeria today. What do you see? Yeah, that's right, you all see corruption and fraud as the main of the day. We all live our lives praying to God to bring a Messiah that can lead us as Nigerians out of abject poverty. We all pray to not be a victim of internet scams and all the vices our economy has forced our youths to do.
My brothers and sisters, the messiah has come. He has come to replace our corrupt mentality with hard work. He has come to fish out our corrupt leader and hold them accountable. He has come to lead us to a brighter and better Nigeria. His name is Buhari!!!
My fellow Nigerians, we have seen how our independence day was taken from us, we have seen how our Christmas was taken from us, and we have seen how our brothers and sisters are dying in Jos, yet our incumbent president (GJ) has done nothing about it. Must we continue to laugh when suffering? Must we continue to lose our relatives because we have an incompetent president? The answer is NO!!!
My fellow country men, we have since how our foreign reserves have plummeted and yet no change. We have seen how the cabals have sent their children abroad to further their education with the tax we pay while leaving us in Nigeria to suffer from strike actions. We have seen how they promise us a better future yet the unemployment rate is still at a all time high. Are we not tired of these same people? Do we like suffering this much?

My people, the answer to all these problem is simple. VOTE BUHARI and you would see changes. He might not be able to solve every single one of them but you would all be impressed with his administration. Vote ACN, the party of the progressives! Vote BUHARI, the man of discipline!!! cool
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nsiman(m): 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jarus, must u impose ur choice candidate to others. Moreover i thought the thread was meant for voting,
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nsiman(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jarus, must u impose ur choice candidate to others. Moreover i thought the thread was meant for voting,
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by blacksta(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
I can list 1000 reasons why a GEJ presidential position will be business as usual for the corrupt elite who have decimated Nigerian beyond recognition.

we have a saying " Show me your friends and i will reveal truths about your person"

I rest for now -

I have opened the floor with my abstract

1 Like

Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

I can list 1000 reasons why a GEJ presidential position will be business as usual for the corrupt elite who have decimated Nigerian beyond recognition.

we have a saying " Show me your friends and i will reveal truths about your person"

I rest for now -

Gbam!!! I am waiting for GJ's SUPPORTERS OOO!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^^^^^ hisses, spits, and leaves
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
df2006:

^^^^^^^ hisses, spits, and leaves

sees, urinates on the post and poster and leaves!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Colonia(m): 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
can list 1000 reasons why a GEJ presidential position will be business as usual for the corrupt elite who have decimated Nigerian beyond recognition.

I rest for now -

GOOD POINT!!!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
jason123:

sees, urinates on the post and poster and leaves!

are you sure u can leave? this is where ur life support is. sleep, eat, shit and post rubbish.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
df2006:

are you sure u can leave? this is where your life support is. sleep, eat, poo
. . . all on you! grin grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by isalegan2: 1:04am On Jan 15, 2011
I have voted.

Good luck with your campaign, Jason! cheesy
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2011
isale_gan2:

I have voted.

Good luck with your campaign, Jason! cheesy
Thank you my sister! We have to remove the cabal completely by removing GJ ( a product of the cabal and zoning they are all now denying). BTW, make sure you and your family come back to Nigeria to vote Ribadu in! wink
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by isalegan2: 1:37am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

Thank you my sister! We have to remove the cabal completely by removing GJ ( a product of the cabal and zoning they are all now denying). BTW, make sure you and your family come back to Nigeria to vote Ribadu in! wink

Hehehehe. Okay, Jason.  embarassed

Almost all my family are there and they'll all vote.  They're in Lagos and probably all ACN, but I really don't know yet who each one will vote for.  My mom likes Jonathan - she thinks he's "nice."  Hehehehe. (I know my bro is Fashola fanatic and trust me the whole family is for him.)  Will get feedback about Ribadu's nomination for Presd. 

On voting, I don't know if I can get away this March.  That's why I keep asking about them extending voting rights to citizens abroad!  You're in Europe, right?  Anyway, I don't want to drift off-topic.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 1:45am On Jan 15, 2011
isale_gan2:

Hehehehe. Okay, Jason.  embarassed

Almost all my family are there and they'll all vote.  They're in Lagos and probably all ACN, but I really don't know yet who each one will vote for.  My mom likes Jonathan - she thinks he's "nice."  Hehehehe. (I know my bro is Fashola fanatic and trust me the whole family is for him.)  Will get feedback about Ribadu's nomination for Presd. 

On voting, I don't know if I can get away this March.  That's why I keep asking about them extending voting rights to citizens abroad!  You're in Europe, right?  Anyway, I don't want to drift off-topic.
No problem. and try to come home to vote. UP ACN! UP RIBADU!!! wink cheesy cool
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by greatestmk: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2011
Jonathan is our best choice for now. he is the only one with enough muscle to to stir this country out of the hands of the old rogues that battered it. I know that thru him a new generation of leaders will emerge. who will finally put this country were it belongs.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by jason123: 2:03am On Jan 15, 2011
greatestmk:

Jonathan is our best choice for now. he is the only one with enough muscle to to stir this country out of the hands of the old rogues that battered it. I know that thru him a new generation of leaders will emerge. who will finally put this country were it belongs.

Can you or any GJ supporter give us a reason to vote GJ?? pls, any reason! What has he done for the past YEAR for us to reward him with 4 YEARS? shocked shocked
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by yakoyo1: 5:35am On Jan 15, 2011
Ribadu all the way grin
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Beaf: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2011
yakoyo1:

Ribadu all the way grin

Ribadu will probably win in Lagos, but that will be about it.
Just like Atiku, he will lose his home state, Adamawa to GEJ. He will also win absolutely nothing in the core North, despite being Fulani.
Winning a single state doesn't a president make.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Gbawe: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked Yepa ri pa !!! "inexperienced" , "koboless", "go to the senate first" Ribadu with 20 votes and "annointed Godsent" incumbent "plenty of dollars" GEJ with 14 votes? The voting trends better change otherwise we will get confirmation (quickly yanked from the PDP website after I exposed them recently on Nairaland ) that 70% of Nigerians , in a public poll, voted that the PDP , and its representatives, is not the Political Party to take Nigeria forward. Odikwa serious OOO !!!!!
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by arsenal1(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2011
@Jason123 , why should i vote for ribadu
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Gbawe: 11:22am On Jan 15, 2011
arsenal1:

@Jason123 , why should i vote for ribadu

Because I say so . Oya add your vote for Ribadu now , now.  grin grin

On a serious note, Africa is changing and we must change with it. Dictatorship and "business as usual" hegemonies are being rejected . The Tunisian President is currently on the run away from the anger of his people who are fed up with his dictatorial decades-old rule that benefitted his cronies and acolytes rather than ordinary Tunisians.

Precisely the same in Nigeria. In Jonathan , the evil, elitist establishment has found a disciple to help them continue their misrule and impoverishment of an otherwise richly endowed nation. Can anyone say that Jonathan, with the most ruinous hands in Nigeria's history behind him, represent change and progress? Jonathan, for crying out loud , stood nodding while Anenih threatened delegates publicly !!! When are we going to learn to reject these ruinous, blood-sucking old boys through rejecting their latest incarnates? Yesterday it was Yar Adua (wasted 3 years for Nigeria) today it is Jonathan !!

Do you trust Falana, Akeredolu (former NBA chairman), Soyinka, Okey Ndibe and the many visible progressive individuals and organisations who have always uncompromisingly fought evil (Abacha et al) in the battle to move Nigeria forward? If you do then you will , minimally , listen to these genuine folks who love Nigeria enduringly as a reason to support Ribadu . The most progressive Nigerians are behind Ribadu. With the uncertainty over , we will now begin to see many respected Nigerians, with undoubed integrity, coming out to use their own money and resources to actualise an electral victory for a man they are convinced can move Nigeria forward. Ribadu cannot and will not buy support like GEJ . This is why those who can be bought are firmly behind GEJ while those money has never mattered to are behind Ribadu.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by safariSA: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2011
I have seen the post and I am not surprised that Ribadu is winning ON THE INTERNET. Ribadu has the support of the educated youths and adults (not elite), myself inclusive, who have access to the internet. But can Ribadu win in Adamawa talkless of the whole North where the common man is not educated enough to even click this poll on the net. Someone said Ribadu can only win Lagos, or best Southwest (due primarily to the influence of Tinubu and ACN, not his popularity). and that is the truth. Dora won more awards than Ribadu while she was in NAFDAC, and she declared war totally on every corrupt people. today Bode George is in jail for the same crime Ribadu said he did not commit. Ribadu is good, no doubt, but he has taken us for a ride by jumping straight to presidential election without learning the robes. Do we think the talakawas of the North know Ribadu. Dora is their fighting for a senatorial seat.

Anyways, my best bet remains Buhari because of the massive support he enjoys in the north and stands a better chance in April (with 12 million votes in 2003, and 6 million votes in 2007), and because, save for age difference, he represents same ideals as Ribadu. I dont know how the CPC/ACN alliance will work out, but my heart goes to an opposition party/parties chasing this monstrous party called PDP out of power. But if Buhari steps down and supports Ribadu, well maybe he can give him the northern votes he needs, not sure if this can happen though.

And this poll is also showing signal that with a CPC/ACN alliance, GEJ will be trailing Buhari and Ribadu by now.
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Gbawe: 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
I am not surprised it is now 21 to 14 in favour of Ribadu . Now that feared "bogey-men" are gone (Atiku, IBB et al) Nigerians are now confronted with the choice of a very mediocre incumbent President and a man , even if from the North , accepted across Nigeria to be a goodguy and a detribalised braveheart who wants what is best for his nation and is prepared to do what has to be done . It is no longer down to giving Jonathan sympathy votes because he is competing against individuals Nigerians love to hate (IBB, Atiku, et al). GEJ fans can malign Ribadu all they want but that will only lose them support because all Nigerians love Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

We can now , finally , move toward issue based debates . Naturally , Ribadu will carry the day because the brightest Nigerians who just want a functional nation and are not hungry , by virtue of having skills that make them money,  are behind him. Polls like these will bear this out. Yes it may be diasporan and well-off Nigerians voting on NL but the powerful message sent is that folks who have their own minds , are well-informed and are not motivated by 'bags of rice' , will vote for Ribadu ahead of "more of the same" GEJ. The next few weeks will be interesting .

Ribadu's profile is now skyhigh internationally. Recently , with glowing endorsements from the International community  , he was nominated to act as a consultant for Afghanistan in the nations battle against Corruption !!! While nations outside Africa ( shocked shocked) wants Ribadu to help them clean up their corruption mess we are considering electing a man backed by the most devillishly corrupt individuals in Nigeria's history !!!! May God help Nigeria !!

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/24553.html

Ribadu on Afghanistan Anti-Corruption panel
Font size:   John Ofikhenua, Abuja 13/01/2011 00:08:00

The International community has appointed former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and presidential aspirant of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as a member of a committee to curb corruption in Afghanistan.

The three-man team is called the ‘Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee’.

Media head of the Ribadu Campaign Organisation, Chido Onumah, made this known in a statement yesterday.

According to a letter signed by Miss Aislin Baker of the United Kingdom (UK) Department for International Development in Afghanistan, dated December 31, Ribadu was chosen for his contribution to the fight against corruption.

It said: "The Afghan government and the International Community very much values your (Ribadu’s) experience and the insights you bring to bear on corruption issues."
Re: NL Official Presidential Opinion Poll by Nsiman(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
Gej all the way. Let's look on their agenda for the growth of nigeria. Gej in his speech on the 14th jan. 2011 made good points about what he's to do the next 4yrs if elected. I may not put them up here, find out about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

IMF Calls For Further Currency Depreciation In Nigeria / 2023: Court Asked To Disqualify Tinubu Over ‘Questionable’ Qualifications / Fani Kayode: Insulting Tinubu Has Become A Favourite Pastime On All TV Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.