Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs (23770 Views)

Buhari Snubs Russia, Picks British Firm For Ajaokuta Steel Revival: Video / Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Blaqputin(m): 7:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Go and change ur #700 and stop wailing, na so Tinubu like the common man reach.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2023
Allisgud:
31st remain,u think all this busybody from the govnors,,monarch, senators is because of u poor masses ❓

Even if it's for their personal interest as long as it aligns with ours, it's a good thing

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Mindcure: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2023
Moh247:

Nairaland surely has high population of fools that just type without reasoning
resident urchin grin grin grin

I pity your life, try the rest abeg.

Meanwhile see senior urchins

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2023
What I don't understand is why this policy pains urchins so much
Same urchins who applauded Twitter ban and border closure?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Jflex07(m): 7:24am On Jan 29, 2023
oyin44:
;

Bro, you mean people filled with hate
Are you not also filled with hate? You are one of the tribalist here who insult anyone who doesn't support tinubu and also tag them ipob
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by blaise26abj(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2023
meum:
The corrupt system is fighting back.

The new notes have been released but few Nigerians are hoarding them.

It will take a lot to rid this country of unpatriotic elements amongst us.

Not really . Just two bullet a . One to the heart and one to the head to make sure .
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 7:27am On Jan 29, 2023
“He reiterated that a number of initiatives by the central bank and all commercial banks are underway to speed up distribution of the new notes and do all that is necessary to forestall cash squeeze and chaos.”

In the space of two days

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Burgerlomo: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2023
But what about the people in rural areas that have no access to banks talk less of having a bank accounts?

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:
What I don't understand is why this policy pains urchins so much
Same urchins who applauded Twitter ban and border closure?

You lacked sense. It pains Nigerians. Are all Nigerians your urchin?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2023
They're foools.
There are some certain immediate needs that doesn't require transfer but cash

But everything is Tinubu to them

Till this moment I speak, I've not been able to get the new notes.
I have friends who have not been able to deposit old notes till this moment because the population in bank is so much

Moh247:
Foolish Zombidiots can't even think well to know the implications of these mop up

Their own is Tinubu this Tinubu that

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by erospecial: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Antoeni:
This is Really Pathetic, So In January 2023 , We Still Have Stupid people that still Think Like This
The same govt you and Tinubu still praise in Zamfara yesterday?
You the stupid and selfish one here!
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by jaxxy(m): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2023
FarahAideed:
Buhari the lunatic

I now believe some banks are financing terrorism.

they are saboteurs.

Buhari must not extend the deadline.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by victooman: 7:33am On Jan 29, 2023
bdon123:
U had 3 months notice bt u were there wit stubborness hoping ur corrupt politicians will stop it as usual.Well my own is if u hav hundred of thousands of old notes till now wit u,then u deserve wateva comes .I hav switched to cashless payment since a month n keep only 20k in cash at all times which i hav changed frn pos guys.
is it that some of you are just inherently stupid or u just like to sound intelligent on a forum like this,, within the period of 3 months what was bank giving back to the community when they comes for withdrawal after making deposit? how can the new money goes on circulation ? why didn't they maintain the deadline and stick on their 500k weekly withdrawal limit? what people are scrapping for now is not even upto 50k weekly limit,,, why not go full cashless,, what is the 20k doing in ur house,, go full cashless since u are so much in love with this senseless policy,,, l notice that most of you supporting this unorganized show of shame ,are salary earners with no fvcking single business anywhere,, no one who ever grow or own a business will support the process Emiefele is going on with this policy.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by coputa(m): 7:34am On Jan 29, 2023
Omihanifa:
First time in history that demand for Naira is more than Dollar all because of this policy grin
It will push the value up
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by oneclickng: 7:35am On Jan 29, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Foolish Zombidiots can't even think well to know the implications of these mop up

Their own is Tinubu this Tinubu that

Ekwensu
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by onyxo76(m): 7:35am On Jan 29, 2023
if there is anything i like buhari for is the i no send you attitude, he is the president, so wetin you wan do, you go just shout till your throat dry, we know wetin he take our eye see for 1984 ,since then if he talk anything just comply jeje, and have peace.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Allisgud: 7:35am On Jan 29, 2023
Minjim:

Even if it's for their personal interest as long as it aligns with ours, it's a good thing
oga u don understand what is going on,all this people have billions of old note somewhere they plan to share on election day to those who will vote for them,if they take all to the bank they wount be able to get all back before election
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Brushstrokes20: 7:38am On Jan 29, 2023
I've never seen such an irredeemable, sadistic scum like the lifeless animal in human skin undecided undecided
The prime target, # the corrupt druggie is fucking far less affected by the dumb, impromptu switch!... Instead, the average Nigerians are at the receiving end!

The only THING worse than buhari is buhari ITSELF!
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Tenses: 7:40am On Jan 29, 2023
FarahAideed:
Buhari the lunatic

Happy breakfast
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by PhiJoi(m): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2023
Abeg na who go read all this article

Aye wa da?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by tradepunter: 7:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Moh247:

Lol

Let me guess according to you PitObi is your next President

Kikiikiki

Senseless thing
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Ebubu: 7:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Burgerlomo:
But what about the people in rural areas that have no access to banks talk less of having a bank accounts?
policy that was declared since october? they had october november and december to leave the rural areas to bank.

if by tuesday they don’t swap it, their money will be killed and cancelled. they lose money and go broke.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Threebear(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2023
Omihanifa:
First time in history that demand for Naira is more than Dollar all because of this policy grin
And yet its value in international trading remains the same.
So how exactly does this policy benefit us?

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Tenses: 7:50am On Jan 29, 2023
victooman:
is it that some of you are just inherently stupid or u just like to sound intelligent on a forum like this,, within the period of 3 months what was bank giving back to the community when they comes for withdrawal after making deposit? how can the new money goes on circulation ? why didn't they maintain the deadline and stick on their 500k weekly withdrawal limit? what people are scrapping for now is not even upto 50k weekly limit,,, why not go full cashless,, what is the 20k doing in ur house,, go full cashless since u are so much in love with this senseless policy,,, l notice that most of you supporting this unorganized show of shame ,are salary earners with no fvcking single business anywhere,, no one who ever grow or own a business will support the process Emiefele is going on with this policy.

Bros, I understand your pain. My business is heavily dependent on cash. The local people I buy raw materials from only receive cash as they have no knowledge of online transactions. For the past 3 weeks I have not bought raw material for my factory.

But I choose to see the bigger picture here. The gain of this policy is enormous, from good governance, strong economy, increased value of the naira etc.

Let's bear and persever a little as the policy bites. We will adjust. And we'll be fine las las.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by highsurge: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2023
I support and stand with the president on this ....no extension..
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by blingxx(m): 7:52am On Jan 29, 2023
Nigeria is one of those countries where the government fight itself .. this country is gone abeg !!!
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by specialmati(m): 7:54am On Jan 29, 2023
Moh247:

Nairaland surely has high population of fools that just type without reasoning
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are the only fool here .is buhari not the best thing to happen to nigeria again .touts like you and your agbero friends voted for him twice following the instruction of you boss lagos landlord. dont complain here again
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by orisa37: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2023
JUST PUTTING SOME JIVES INTO BUHARINOMICS.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by FreedomArmy: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2023
Ritchiee:
Meanwhile,the politicians Buhari is targeting have gotten the new naira notes taken to them without stress.Just a phone call and pronto.Emegiele does not have the power to do this.It is Buhari that is punishing all Nigerians including himself because he would be dreaming about Nigerians hurling things at him.Law even permits the old money to be redeemed by banks after the expiration given.
Buhari is playing God.Almost every reasonable individual and society has begged him but wetin concern am as long as he is not affected like the millions of people crying for reprieve.
God will triumph.
yes they have gotten it but they don't have it in billions. Individual cannot withdraw more than 500k in one week and corporate bodies cannot withdraw more than 5m in one week.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2023
This is the explanation I don't want to hear most of these politicians have strong relationships with banks they can get their new note effortlessly its people like you that will suffer to get it. Do you have up to 10k new notes with you?

Why can't CBN do it like the old #100 that's not in circulation again?

That's the way saner countries remove money from circulation, not in an hasty manner. After all this is not the first or last election in Nigerian. So prior to every election we should be doing currency redisign?

You people should reason now!

Allisgud:
oga u don understand what is going on,all this people have billions of old note somewhere they plan to share on election day to those who will vote for them,if they take all to the bank they wount be able to get all back befothe re election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eaglets Victory Bold Response To Buhari Failure To Acknowledge Youths Potentials / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku / Labaran Maku The Most Popular Candidate In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.