Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs (23780 Views)

Buhari Snubs Russia, Picks British Firm For Ajaokuta Steel Revival: Video / Buhari Snubs Calls To Visit North, Jets Out To Turkey With Wife, Seven Ministers / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2023
teemonk:
You are to deposit old notes and not be given new notes in return. Let's get that straightened out first cos it seems we are all missing the whole idea of the cashless policy by the CBN.
Exactly!!
Someone with sense

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Twitter is food to some people. They use it to move their business.
5million people is a sizeable number of a population in a country. That's more than the total population of a state.

What difference does it make whether it affects the generality of Nigerians or a section?

The fact is you can't claim to understand one and not the other. Buhari has been consistent through all these policies, not giving a damn whose ox is gored.
So because this one touches you now does not make it different from those that touched others but didn't touch you.
Just as you understood border closure, you should understand this one too.
Stop the hypocritical wailing

Let's just conclude that Buhari's has been perfect

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by tonyson010(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2023
bdon123:
U had 3 months notice bt u were there wit stubborness hoping ur corrupt politicians will stop it as usual.Well my own is if u hav hundred of thousands of old notes till now wit u,then u deserve wateva comes .I hav switched to cashless payment since a month n keep only 20k in cash at all times which i hav changed frn pos guys.

we like 11th hour rush, and stubbornness here.
But part of the blame is the lack of new currency.
if u have old currency by now, it should be the amount u can afford to lose. I still have almost a 1500 of old currency(will spend it today), but still have new ones and some 100s and 50s which are unaffected.

Many people should channel themselves to Epayment systems, especially businesses. it is the only option now. A wise business person would have working POS and account for transfers.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Opintiwa: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2023
Mandate2023:

Who among u and ur father picks who becomes president that u r typing like dis grin grin nairaland ipigs

Is that why your father left you under the bridge 22 years ago ?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2023
Minjim:

Let's just conclude that Buhari's has been perfect
Exactly!!
You cant wail when it suits you and laugh when it suits you
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Sleekfingers: 10:39am On Jan 29, 2023
That's good
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by hush15: 10:56am On Jan 29, 2023
FarahAideed:
Buhari the lunatic

Yea but on this particular one, I support this lunatic. While will you hoard billions upon billions. Even if you stole billions or collected billions as ransom, you should have found way to incorporate it back into the system rather than hoard it and use it for oppression, supporting crime and illicit trades.

At first I worry cost I understand the cost implication and the scarcity effect but then I realized the pro outweighs the cons. All those terrorist that think the have made so much much from their crime against humanity, all those kidnappers who even killed after collecting ransom, all those bags billions of naira in containers, sceptic reservoirs, farms and other place just because they have refused to trust and make the system work, will all their loots now be useful for them when you think of the tears and blood they caused to flow?

Election is around the corner, all those monies stashed and hoarded will be use to buy and intimidate people's votes. They will be used to buy election tribunal judgements and Supreme verdicts. How can a country or system work under such mentality....

Me now that am pure, I don't have issues walking into the bank cos I don't have billions stashed. I have gone cashless since such that when the naira redesign policy was been enforced, I didn't have any issues at all and am sure it will be the case for anyone who has nothing to hide. Even if I have billions, I would still have been dropping it gradually before now such that upon this policy, it will be less stressful. Na those who wan dey keep cash go see meme.

When all the everyone has money in the bank, though banks will make more money, everybody will also ensure they are strictly held accountable for wrong debits and fraudulent withdrawals.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Minjim: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Exactly!!
You cant wail when it suits you and laugh when it suits you
Look who's wailing

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by OlujobaSamuel: 11:43am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

All these happened because politicians heat up the polity by wailing over the redesign policy.
The fact is even after the deadline, the banks can still and do still collect the old notes.
Politicians are more worried about the circulation of the new notes not the old notes because they know most people they intend to buy with money will reject the old notes during election.
Have you ever considered that whosoever wins can reverse this policy since the current person is leaving either he likes it or not ?
Do you know that the board(CBN) can kick against the gov immediately a winner is declared just to be in the good book of the incoming?
Can the system mop up the cash outside even if the bank is opened for 24hrs for 3wks or won't bank attend to any other thing for that period.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Have you ever considered that whosoever wins can reverse this policy since the current person is leaving either he likes it or not ?
Do you know that the board(CBN) can kick against the gov immediately a winner is declared just to be in the good book of the incoming?
After 4 months? Reversing a policy na beans?
That's because you think these politicians care so much.
Once aso rock AC blows them, they will simply forget all this wailing.
You think if Buhari was not in ask rock, he won't be complaining against whoever is there as well?
The board can do nada. Emefiele is chair of the board and has powers over most of those who constitute the board

Can the system mop up the cash outside even if the bank is opened for 24hrs for 3wks or won't bank attend to any other thing for that period
Why not?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Nolevel666: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2023
Allisgud:
31st remain,u think all this busybody from the govnors,,monarch, senators is because of u poor masses ❓

Nor mind them .
Make them day sleep
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by OlujobaSamuel: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

After 4 months? Reversing a policy na beans?
That's because you think these politicians care so much.
Once aso rock AC blows them, they will simply forget all this wailing.
You think if Buhari was not in ask rock, he won't be complaining against whoever is there as well?
The board can do nada. Emefiele is chair of the board and has powers over most of those who constitute the board

Why not?
Let's wait and see
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by dannydee75(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Already extended to February 10, very useless government.... Emefele u no try at all. Shame!!!!
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by okoroemeka(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
bdon123:
U had 3 months notice bt u were there wit stubborness hoping ur corrupt politicians will stop it as usual.Well my own is if u hav hundred of thousands of old notes till now wit u,then u deserve wateva comes .I hav switched to cashless payment since a month n keep only 20k in cash at all times which i hav changed frn pos guys.
the major problem is that the new notes are not available,how many people in Nigeria keep bulk cash ,if the banks,ATMs are dispensing the new notes then it will not be a crisis,seems like CBN printed less money than needed,if the deadline is maintained then people and businesses will suffer because the new notes are not available
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by FarahAideed: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
hush15:

Yea but on this particular one, I support this lunatic. While will you hoard billions upon billions. Even if you stole billions or collected billions as ransom, you should have found way to incorporate it back into the system rather than hoard it and use it for oppression, supporting crime and illicit trades.

At first I worry cost I understand the cost implication and the scarcity effect but then I realized the pro outweighs the cons. All those terrorist that think the have made so much much from their crime against humanity, all those kidnappers who even killed after collecting ransom, all those bags billions of naira in containers, sceptic reservoirs, farms and other place just because they have refused to trust and make the system work, will all their loots now be useful for them when you think of the tears and blood they caused to flow?

Election is around the corner, all those monies stashed and hoarded will be use to buy and intimidate people's votes. They will be used to buy election tribunal judgements and Supreme verdicts. How can a country or system work under such mentality....

Me now that am pure, I don't have issues walking into the bank cos I don't have billions stashed. I have gone cashless since such that when the naira redesign policy was been enforced, I didn't have any issues at all and am sure it will be the case for anyone who has nothing to hide. Even if I have billions, I would still have been dropping it gradually before now such that upon this policy, it will be less stressful. Na those who wan dey keep cash go see meme.

When all the everyone has money in the bank, though banks will make more money, everybody will also ensure they are strictly held accountable for wrong debits and fraudulent withdrawals.

Name the person that is hoarding billions and billions ...why would you even hoard money in Naira when you can do it in dollars
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by broadman20: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
Globad:

Was he the one that sent the 36 state governors, Ohaneze Youths, NBA, Arewa Consultative Forum, etc

Una go just face one direction dey write.

Is there any Nigerian politician that can beat his or her chest and say that he won't need cash before election and on election day?

Why are some of you fixated on only one politician? Is he the only one in the whole country or among the presidential contestants that will be affected?

Yes if we are pointing at Tinubu alone is because he was the one and only politician in Nigeria caught in the ACT of bringing Bullion Van Into his house on the eve of the election day.

So we are only judging him by his past activities.

We are not talking about small money but Bullion Van.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
meum:
The corrupt system is fighting back.

The new notes have been released but few Nigerians are hoarding them.

It will take a lot to rid this country of unpatriotic elements amongst us.

How much was actually released, where and when?

Stop forming govt spokes man.

The vaccum in your skull should be filled with some thing at least eat some corn flakes.
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by adenigga(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2023

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by bdon123(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
okoroemeka:
the major problem is that the new notes are not available,how many people in Nigeria keep bulk cash ,if the banks,ATMs are dispensing the new notes then it will not be a crisis,seems like CBN printed less money than needed,if the deadline is maintained then people and businesses will suffer because the new notes are not available
Bro this is nt wat happened.D bank managers colluded wit politicians to divert d initial new notes thereby causing unavailability at bank counters.
This is the reason CBN restricted new notes to ATM only.I only blame to CBN is why they didnt see this betrayal frm bank executive.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by bdon123(m): 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
victooman:
is it that some of you are just inherently stupid or u just like to sound intelligent on a forum like this,, within the period of 3 months what was bank giving back to the community when they comes for withdrawal after making deposit? how can the new money goes on circulation ? why didn't they maintain the deadline and stick on their 500k weekly withdrawal limit? what people are scrapping for now is not even upto 50k weekly limit,,, why not go full cashless,, what is the 20k doing in ur house,, go full cashless since u are so much in love with this senseless policy,,, l notice that most of you supporting this unorganized show of shame ,are salary earners with no fvcking single business anywhere,, no one who ever grow or own a business will support the process Emiefele is going on with this policy.
To make progress there must be sacrifices.I wont stoop to ur level to exchange words on a faceless forum.
This cash problem is not going to be forever so why d complaints.i mean we all hav to suffer this for d nxt 2 weeks or so.....yeah nad business sale for a month n better sales next month......wat really is d big deal?
Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by daniel34840: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
INEC chairman Nairaland branchINEC chairman Nairaland branch...

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by hush15: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
FarahAideed:

Name the person that is hoarding billions and billions ...why would you even hoard money in Naira when you can do it in dollars

Politicians hoard monies, especially during election period cos vote buying is in cash. Most corrupt practice is in cash because you can't trace trace it completely.

Take for instance the snake that swallowed money in jamb office. Does snake uses bank accounts ?

Ransomed are paid in cash. Have you ever seen kidnapper asking for a bank transfer.

Hope you aware some people approached the bank to deposit 2 billion while trying to meet currency swap deadline

1 Like

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by Deemas(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
blowjohn:

Let me ask u. Why didn't PMB try to curb this vote buying during the last election that he won for 2nd term?

Be fair in ur answer.

Mind u, am happy with the policy and pray the dollar comes crashing down. But I believe its all political

Better late than never my brother.

2 Likes

Re: New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs by blowjohn(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
Deemas:

Better late than never my brother.

Hmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JTF Kills 14 Boko-Haram Bombers In Kano / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau / Fulani Herdsmen: Why We're Yet To Send Soldiers To Benue, Taraba, Others - DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.