Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,887 members, 7,863,022 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes (194 Views)

Mosques And Churches To Reopen In Lagos On August 7 & 9 Respectively / Queen Of CYON Lagos Archdiocese: Right For Churches To Organize Beauty Pageants? / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Gisttwister(f): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2023
in the church today, dancing towards the altar to make my offering tithe, i was stoped by the ushers when they realise that am giving the old notes as my offering. they even rejected the old notes from me.

I was like. WTF!undecided undecided

Am i giving my offering to GOD or pastor account!.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Naira20: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2023
Which kain question be dis one?
Giving to God is voluntary.However, there are conditions.
In the old times, you don't offer lambs with one eye or deformity to God.
We honor God with our offerings by giving Him our best.

If na 5naira make sure na your best 5naira.
That's what it means to honor Him.

That said,
Why give what you know even traders are refusing now?
Why not transfer the money to save your Church the bank stress considering what's happening now?

Don't give to God what you'd be ashamed to offer a beggar.
God isn't even Buhari's mate.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Gisttwister(f): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Naira20:
Which kain question be dis one?
Giving to God is voluntary.However, there are conditions.
In the old times, you don't offer lambs with one eye or deformity to God.
We honor God with our offerings by giving Him our best.

If na 5naira make sure na your best 5naira.

That said,
Why give what you know even traders are refusing now?
Why not transfer the money to save your Church the bank stress considering what's happening now?

Don't give to God what you'd be ashamed to offer a beggar.
God isn't even Buhari's mate.
Why wont i say my mind out,
The new notes has just be a means of shortage in the economy rightnow, no good roads to even go to the bank.
If you even go to the bank, they wont give you the attention you needed,

Not to talk of how fuel hack price is dealing with us now.

Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by DaInferno(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2023
Gisttwister:
in the church today, dancing towards the altar to make my offering tithe, i was stoped by the ushers when they realise that am giving the old notes as my offering. they even rejected the old notes from me.

I was like. WTF!undecided undecided

Am i giving my offering to GOD or pastor account!.
if you were the GO of the church, would you still accept old notes knowing fully well about the deadline and CBNs instruction to the public about rejecting old notes?!

Today I wanted going to church, but after some analysis, I abandoned it to see how this new currency stuff will go. I don't wanna drag with bike man over old currency whilst trynna collect change, cus my instincts told me most of them would still have it. I can't do offering with old currency either. So best thing is to chill out.

Lets be responsible please. No pun!
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Naira20: 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Saying your mind is not the issue but saying it with a teachable mind.
Nairaland is not your Church and if you had gone to say your mind to your pastor, he may have taught your what he didn't teach you about what the Bible says about giving.

I understand many of our pastors don't teach their members the Bible and many members don't read the Bible themselves too.

When we read the Bible, we know God's mind and if we want to please Him, we think less about ourselves.

Don't give offering because you have to give But because you love God.
That said,
You are more important to God than your Naira or dollars
You before your gifts.
God no dey chop money

Gisttwister:

Why wont i say my mind out,
The new notes has just be a means of shortage in the economy rightnow, no good roads to even go to the bank.
If you even go to the bank, they wont give you the attention you needed,

Not to talk of how fuel hack price is dealing with us now.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Gisttwister(f): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Naira20:
Saying your mind is not the issue but saying it with a teachable mind.
Nairaland is not your Church and if you had gone to say your mind to your pastor, he may have taught your what he didn't teach you about what the Bible says about giving.

I understand many of our pastors don't teach their members the Bible and many members don't read the Bible themselves too.

When we read the Bible, we know God's mind and if we want to please Him, we think less about ourselves.

Don't give offering because you have to give But because you love God.
That said,
You are more important to God than your Naira or dollars
You before your gifts.
God no dey chop money

I may not be the only one to experience this.
Thats why am sharing it on nairaland.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Naira20: 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
I agree but you should seek knowledge from trusted people not some faceless strangers.
Not saying you can't learn from a stranger but like I said you must be teachable.

It's just like married people coming to ask strangers about marital issues on Nairaland.

Gisttwister:

I may not be the only one to experience this.
Thats why am sharing it on nairaland.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Gisttwister(f): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
Naira20:
I agree but you should seek knowledge from trusted people not some faceless strangers.
Not saying you can't learn from a stranger but like I said you must be teachable.

It's just like married people coming to ask strangers about marital issues on Nairaland.

Am still learning tho.

Thanks for the advise.
Re: Is It Right For Churches To Reject The Old Currency Notes by Naira20: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
UW...We are all learning but the secret is in being sincere with God.
When God sees our sincerity He shows up But secrets are not declared in public and roots grow deep in the dark.

If you desire to grow in God, you must have a secret personal moment with Him.
That's where to ask deep questions and hear what no pastor can teach you.The best part is, He speaks to us in the way we will understand.
Gisttwister:

Am still learning tho.

Thanks for the advise.

(1) (Reply)

Vote LP For President Nigerians / Completing The New Testament In A Year(day56). / Mercy — What Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.