Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand (78374 Views)

Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre / Gov Election 2023: Sanwo-olu Wins Tinubu Polling Unit Amid Low Turnout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by dre11(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Private depots at the weekend crashed the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) to N495 – N496 per litre from N502 to N503/litre, The Nation has learnt.

The development came amid rumour that the prices of petrol may soar in July owing to the recently devalued exchange rate.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) depot retained its N479.6/litre.

Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), National Vice President, Alhaji Abubakar Maigandi broke the news to The Nation on phone.

He attributed the decline in price to low demand for the product.

Lamenting the crash in demand for the PMS, he said customers, especially civil servants cannot cope with the new rates.

According to him: “They are even reducing the price compared to last week. “They are selling at the rate of N495 to N496/ litre. You know it reached N502 to N503/litre.

“In Lagos most of the depots in Lagos that is what they are selling. NNPC is maintaining its old rate N479.6/litre.

“There is no much market because people, especially the civil servants, are complaining there is no money.”

He urged importers of the product to hasten the supply, noting that there has been no fresh stocking since the removal of subsidy.

Maigandi, who said vessels of petrol may arrive in July, warned the suppliers not to allow their stock to dry up at any time.

The National Vice President said: “Nobody has imported petrol since the removal of subsidy even NNPC did not import.

“We are all using the old stock. But I know probably this month there will be new stock if not it may create scarcity.

“The government should not allow the fuel to get scarce. They should ensure they bring new stock. That is what we are expecting.”

The major oil marketers of Nigeria recently said consumption of PMS has reduced by 20% from 66 million litre/day to just over 40 ml/d.

Its Executive Secretary, Clement Isong, said adjustment of lifestyle due to increased rates was accountable for the decline in demand.

https://thenationonlineng.net/petrol-price-crashes-at-depots-amid-low-demand/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by taylor89(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
E never crash reach my side oo

226 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by CodeTemplar: 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
The fuel even finishes much faster these days. Some sellers are altering it.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by JigsawKillah(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
Until we know how much we consume, the marketers and the government are all criminals.

292 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by MXrep: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
The Nation, useless propaganda tissue paper

296 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by oloriooko(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
in short, you made money selling old stock at new price and this eediot is publicly declaring his criminal act, he should be arrested for making such condemnable statement
and he's succinctly telling nigerians to brace up for another scarcity with the new pump price angry
when shall we get things rite angry

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by Nawttiboi007(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by tolexy007(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dey play

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by jchioma: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
This is the expected outcome. Demand is at an all-time low, prices may crash if the trends continue. It's all about purchasing power and the scale of preference, now scale of neccesity in Nigeria.

“There is no much market because people, especially the civil servants, are complaining there is no money.”

Eod

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by Mjshexy(f): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
I was expecting to see #200 undecided

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by saaron(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
They should returned it to where they met it in 2015. Rubbish

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by FreeStuffsNG: 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
Market forces of demand and supply have set in.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by honestivo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
This news is from an interested party , the nation newspaper,so it should be treated with a pinch of salt

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by HenryTimes: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:
True!

I bought fuel cheaper yesterday smiley(

Mr.Linus

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by olatade(m): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
We're getting there. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by olatade(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
honestivo:
This news is from an interested party , the nation newspaper,so it should be treated with a pinch of salt

No be only salt, na maggi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by nedu666: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
No body has imported petrol since subsidy was removed. In other words you 're selling subsidised petrol to nigerians at 500 naira.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by SuccessfulRichi: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
People have adjusted to gas. I think the fuel prices might get even lower

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
It should continue to get lower.

Low demand = push down in price

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by MasterJayJay: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
To those who can't read. No petrol has been imported since petrol subsidy was removed.
Wait till August-September

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by PraizHim: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
I bought 35k fuel This morning in Port Harcourt Elelenwo Axis N520/liter.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by maticar: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
Parachoco:
E go still fall below 40 million litre/day

Children Of Hate and Bitterness go tell us how the Price of Fuel will be sold for 1k per liter in July
Your suffer never start

It's children of hate that is removing all subsidies abi?

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by Ofunaofu: 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/petrol-price-crashes-at-depots-amid-low-demand/

Nlfpmod

Petrol price crash..... where?

Then I realised that the news is coming from The Nation Lagos-Ibadan expressway propaganda newspaper

Any news coming from their staples should be taken with a pinch of salt.... it's all propaganda

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by maticar: 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
JigsawKillah:
Until we know how much we consume, the marketers and the government are all criminals.
At moment it is rocket science to know how much Nigeria consumes

No accurate stats, just estimations here and there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by Hoelujohn: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
HenryTimes:

Mr.Linus
Be doubting ooo. Fuel is cheap in some selected filling stations. Just go with your Ronu card to enjoy this

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by StarRiderr: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
If I see people writing on this forum with the quote (Children of hate) when it comes to our nation's affairs I begin to imagine are we as a people living in different country because me I'm experiencing more hardship in this present administration than previous one why would someone with a functioning brain and also having same experience with me would keen in defending this administration whenever someone stand to protest the current situation in the country!!! Nawa oooo

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by Parachoco: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
maticar:

Your suffer never start

It's children of hate that is removing all subsidies abi?
Nigerians are prepared for this temporary hardship

We will Suffer Today and Enjoy Tomorrow

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by 9jatriot(m): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
That seems to suggest that a large percentage of the fuel usage in the country were for our neighbors

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand by MXrep: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
9jatriot:
That seems to suggest that a large percentage of the fuel usage in the country were for our neighbors
No. It suggests that Nigerians are getting poorer. Purchasing power has reduced

45 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Was Petty Thief As Of 1990 - Sahara Reporters(photos) / Photos: Buhari And Osinbajo With Their Children / Buhari Receives AfDB President, Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.