Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

God's Miracle - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Miracle (6654 Views)

Do You Believe In God’s Miracle, Have You Ever Experienced Any? Share Your Exper / I Asked This Question How Poor People Always Believe In God’s Miracle To Be Rich / Understanding The Sharing Formula Of God’s Miracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Miracle by Kingabia1998(m): 7:10am On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
halleluyah, I receive grace to overcome o. I praise God for what He has done in your life, may you continue to overcome in Jesus name
Amen
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
Luke 6:35 But love you your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind to the unthankful and to the evil.

Is it the same Bible that said this…

Proverbs 15:29 NIV
The Lord is far from the wicked,
but he hears the prayer of the righteous

John 9:31 NIV
We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will
Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Is it the same Bible that said this…

Proverbs 15:29 NIV
The Lord is far from the wicked,
but he hears the prayer of the righteous

John 9:31 NIV
We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will

being kind to someone doesn't mean being close to them, you can be kind to a beggar doesn't mean you listen to them, do you?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
the concept has to do with God who created it and created all things, and isn't religion the pursuit of God or godly values.

Now men are lies, it shouldn't surprise you that they would use God and religion and lie, so is it about society or about those who make up the society. We deceitful humans especially those who fail to admit who they are and live a lie that they are without sin and have done no wrong, even though we were all born with this nature
Whats your point?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
why should nauttyprof give pastor money for that undecided
Dunno. Folks like you give pastors money for that. No big deal
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Stop all these. I never brought pastor into the matter. If you are painted by Pastors, go get a life.
I just said what your fellow christians do after testimonies. Why is that a problem for you?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
being kind to someone doesn't mean being close to them, you can be kind to a beggar doesn't mean you listen to them, do you?
Your point?
You have an uncanny knack for muddying the water
Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

you know folks like me? who am I?
Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Your point?
You have an uncanny knack for muddying the water
hmm, thought you would understand
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
you know folks like me? who am I?
Dont pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Don't Christians give offerings after testimonies in churches?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
gohf:
hmm, thought you would understand
If I understand you, then that means you fail. Do you mean yahweh doesn't love sinners but still grants their wish?
Re: God's Miracle by Nauttyprof(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

I just said what your fellow christians do after testimonies. Why is that a problem for you?

Then, don't mention me as you should have aired your opinion elsewhere.
Re: God's Miracle by Nauttyprof(m): 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

It's because folks like yourself feel everything is about Pastor and money
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Then, don't mention me as you should have aired your opinion elsewhere.
Does it annoy you for someone to tell you what your fellow christians do?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

It's because folks like yourself feel everything is about Pastor and money
Look around you. Look at the posts on Nairaland. You'll see most of them are related to pastors, tithing, first fruits etc. Do you blame me for thinking the way I do?
Re: God's Miracle by Nauttyprof(m): 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Does it annoy you for someone to tell you what your fellow christians do?

Don't put me in your views. You are entitled to your opinion but don't involve me.

I have no business with what my fellow Christians do and if you are pained by this, then I can't help you
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nauttyprof:

Don't put me in your views. You are entitled to your opinion but don't involve me.

I have no business with what my fellow Christians do and if you are pained by this, then I can't help you
Ok, bro
Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

If I understand you, then that means you fail. Do you mean yahweh doesn't love sinners but still grants their wish?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3
Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dont pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Don't Christians give offerings after testimonies in churches?
some do some don't
What does it matter to you
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
gohf:
some do some don't
What does it matter to you
Ok, if you say so
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2023
gohf:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3
All these verses are irrelevant to our discourse.
Does Yahweh answer sinners prayers? Does he heed the supplications of those that curse him?
Yes or no

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

All these verses are irrelevant to our discourse.
Does Yahweh answer sinners prayers? Does he heed the supplications of those that curse him?
Yes or no
your questions have long been answered, you just don't accept the answer.

Whose fault is that
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2023
gohf:
your questions have long been answered, you just don't accept the answer.

Whose fault is that
I want a clear cut answer. I know why I'm emphasizing on it. I wonder why you're evasive. Answer the question with a Yes or no

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

I want a clear cut answer. I know why I'm emphasizing on it. I wonder why you're evasive. Answer the question with a Yes or no
no
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
no
Good.
You just said Yahweh doesn't answer the prayers of heathens but a few posts away you said this…
This was your post…
Luke 6:35 But love you your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind to the unthankful and to the evil.

Can you explain, bro?

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good.
You just said Yahweh doesn't answer the prayers of heathens but a few posts away you said this…
This was your post…

Can you explain, bro?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 11:25am On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:
So in other words, Yahweh is kind to heathens but aint close to them?
Can you explain what these terms mean in this context?
Because Yahweh is awfully kind to heathens, and I dare say kinder to them than his own people. Imagine those irreligious/heathen are more advanced, healthier, richer etc than Nigeria which inarguably has more christians

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by gohf: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

So in other words, Yahweh is kind to heathens but aint close to them?
Can you explain what these terms mean in this context?
Because Yahweh is awfully kind to heathens, and I dare say kinder to them than his own people. Imagine those irreligious/heathen are more advanced, healthier, richer etc than Nigeria which inarguably has more christians

Since you seek knowlegde of the truth, then listen if you have ears

Job lamented
Job 21:7-20 “Why do the wicked live, become old, yes, and grow mighty in power? Their child is established with them in their sight, their offspring before their eyes.Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. Their bulls breed without fail. Their cows calve, and don’t miscarry. They send out their little ones like a flock. Their children dance. They sing to the tambourine and harp, and rejoice at the sound of the pipe. They spend their days in prosperity. In an instant they go down to Sheol.

They tell God, ‘Depart from us, for we don’t want to know about your ways. Who is the Almighty, and why should we obey him? What good will it do us if we pray?' But their prosperity is not of their own doing, so I will have nothing to do with that kind of thinking, the mystery [of God's dealings] with the ungodly is far from my comprehension.

"Yet the wicked get away with it time and time again. They rarely have trouble, and God skips them when he distributes sorrows in his anger. Are they driven before the wind like straw? Are they carried away by the storm? Not at all!
" 'Well,' you say, 'at least God will punish their children!' But I say that God should punish the ones who sin, not their children! Let them feel their own penalty. Let their own eyes see their destruction. Let them drink deeply of the anger of the Almighty.

Isn't God kind by letting them prosper, letting them have a world they rule in before they perish.

Psalms 73:3-20 For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such a painless life; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They aren't troubled like other people or plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear pride like a jeweled necklace, and their clothing is woven of cruelty. These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! They scoff and speak only evil; in their pride they seek to crush others. They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth. And so the people are dismayed and confused, drinking in all their words.

"Does God realize what is going on?" they ask. "Is the Most High even aware of what is happening?" Look at these arrogant people— enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply.
Was it for nothing that I kept my heart pure and kept myself from doing wrong? All I get is trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.
If I had really spoken this way, I would have been a traitor to your people. So I tried to understand why the wicked prosper. But what a difficult task it is!
Then one day I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I thought about the destiny of the wicked. Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction. In an instant they are destroyed, swept away by terrors. Their present life is only a dream that is gone when they awake. When you arise, O Lord, you will make them vanish from this life.

Don't the wicked hate the idea of an eternal judge for fear that they wont escape their evil even in death
Didn't God say

Malachi 3:13-18 "You have said terrible things about me," says the Lord. "But you say, 'What do you mean? How have we spoken against you?' "You have said, 'What's the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying his commands or by trying to show the Lord Almighty that we are sorry for our sins?
From now on we will say, "Blessed are the arrogant." For those who do evil get rich, and those who dare God to punish them go free of harm.' "

Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.
"They will be my people," says the Lord Almighty. "On the day when I act, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient and dutiful child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."

There is a song in psalm that says
Psalms 92:6 Only an ignorant person would not know this! Only a fool would not understand it. Although the wicked flourish like weeds, and evildoers blossom with success, there is only eternal destruction ahead of them.

Ah did James not write

James 5:1-6 Look here, you rich people, weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you.
Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags. Your gold and silver have become worthless. The very wealth you were counting on will eat away your flesh in hell. This treasure you have accumulated will stand as evidence against you on the day of judgment.
For listen! Hear the cries of the field workers whom you have cheated of their pay. The wages you held back cry out against you. The cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
You have spent your years on earth in luxury, satisfying your every whim. Now your hearts are nice and fat, ready for the slaughter.
You have condemned and killed good people who had no power to defend themselves against you.

Jesus spoke a parable about the rich man and Lazarus, hear what Abraham said in the parable

St. Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said to him, 'Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish.

God is kind to allow the wicked make a choice, propser in your wickedness in this world, die and perish in hell or repent and be a blessing to others even if you suffer in this world ruled by wickedness i will make a new world where you wont die in.

2 Likes

Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
gohf:

Since you seek knowlegde of the truth, then listen if you have ears

Job lamented

Isn't God kind by letting them prosper, letting them have a world they rule in before they perish.

Don't the wicked hate the idea of an eternal judge for fear that they wont escape their evil even in death
Didn't God say

There is a song in psalm that says

Ah did James not write

Jesus spoke a parable about the rich man and Lazarus, hear what Abraham said in the parable

God is kind to allow the wicked make a choice, propser in your wickedness in this world, die and perish in hell or repent and be a blessing to others even if you suffer in this world ruled by wickedness i will make a new world where you wont die in.
So the long and short of this long episode of hogwash is Yahweh allows heathen to prosper so he can punish them in hell? Quite interesting. It makes sense only that same Yahweh said these…

Psalm 37:38
But transgressors will be altogether destroyed;
The posterity of the wicked will be cut off.

Proverbs 14:11
The house of the wicked will be destroyed,
But the tent of the upright will flourish.

Psalm 94:23
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;
The Lord our God will destroy them.

Psalm 28:5
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

Psalm 73:19
How they are destroyed in a moment!
They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!

Psalm 92:7
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
And all who did iniquity flourished,
It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.

2 Peter 3:6
through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.

Proverbs 10:29
The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright,
But ruin to the workers of iniquity.

Ezekiel 13:14
So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the Lord.

Hosea 7:13
Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me!
Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me!
I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me.

Daniel 8:25
“And through his shrewdness
He will cause deceit to succeed by his influence;
And he will magnify himself in his heart,
And he will destroy many while they are at ease.
He will even oppose the Prince of princes,
But he will be broken without human agency.

Philippians 1:28
in no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

1 Timothy 6:9
But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.

Romans 9:22
What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Philippians 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

2 Timothy 2:14
Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

2 Peter 2:3
and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2 Peter 2:12
But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed,

2 Peter 3:7
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Jude 1:10
But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed.

Peter-2 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me

Isaiah 59:7
Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts [are] thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction [are] in their paths

Isaiah 1:28
And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners [shall be] together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed

Proverbs 21:15
[It is] joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity

The way of the LORD [is] strength to the upright: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity

Psalms 55:23
But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee

Deuteronomy 7:23
But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed

Chronicles-2 33:9
So Manasseh made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to err, [and] to do worse than the heathen, whom the LORD had destroyed before the children of Israel

Kings-2 16:3
But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel

Leviticus 25:44
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids

In fact I can go on and on, your whole Bible is replete with warnings against being wicked and heathen. So how then would the same Yahweh be rewarding and prospering same heathens? cheesy

1 Like

Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

So the long and short of this long episode of hogwash is Yahweh allows heathen to prosper so he can punish them in hell? Quite interesting. It makes sense only that same Yahweh said these…

Psalm 37:38
But transgressors will be altogether destroyed;
The posterity of the wicked will be cut off.

Proverbs 14:11
The house of the wicked will be destroyed,
But the tent of the upright will flourish.

Psalm 94:23
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;
The Lord our God will destroy them.

Psalm 28:5
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
Nor the deeds of His hands,
He will tear them down and not build them up.

Psalm 73:19
How they are destroyed in a moment!
They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!

Psalm 92:7
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
And all who did iniquity flourished,
It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.

2 Peter 3:6
through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.

The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright,
But ruin to the workers of iniquity.

Ezekiel 13:14
So I will tear down the wall which you plastered over with whitewash and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation is laid bare; and when it falls, you will be consumed in its midst. And you will know that I am the Lord.

Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me!
Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me!
I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me.

Daniel 8:25
“And through his shrewdness
He will cause deceit to succeed by his influence;
And he will magnify himself in his heart,
And he will destroy many while they are at ease.
He will even oppose the Prince of princes,
But he will be broken without human agency.

Philippians 1:28
in no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

1 Timothy 6:9
But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.

Romans 9:22
What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Philippians 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

2 Timothy 2:14
Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

2 Peter 2:3
and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2 Peter 2:12
But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed,

2 Peter 3:7
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Jude 1:10
But these men revile the things which they do not understand; and the things which they know by instinct, like unreasoning animals, by these things they are destroyed.

Peter-2 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me

Isaiah 59:7
Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts [are] thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction [are] in their paths

Isaiah 1:28
And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners [shall be] together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed

Proverbs 21:15
[It is] joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity

The way of the LORD [is] strength to the upright: but destruction [shall be] to the workers of iniquity

Psalms 55:23
But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee

Deuteronomy 7:23
But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed

Chronicles-2 33:9
So Manasseh made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to err, [and] to do worse than the heathen, whom the LORD had destroyed before the children of Israel

Kings-2 16:3
But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel

Leviticus 25:44
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids

In fact I can go on and on, your whole Bible is replete with warnings against being wicked and heathen. So how then would the same Yahweh be rewarding and prospering same heathens? cheesy
This is the word of God against evil doers. Is that why you are angry against God?
Re: God's Miracle by jaephoenix(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
terrezo2002:

This is the word of God against evil doers. Is that why you are angry against God?
Here we go again. I thought we have resolved this issue of 'Angry at god' bullshit. You said you post in Muslim threads but you aint angry at Allah. That is the same way I'm posting here without being angry at Yahweh. Is this too complex for your brain to comprehend?
Besides the post aint for you
Re: God's Miracle by terrezo2002(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

Here we go again. I thought we have resolved this issue of 'Angry at god' bullshit. You said you post in Muslim threads but you aint angry at Allah. That is the same way I'm posting here without being angry at Yahweh. Is this too complex for your brain to comprehend?
Besides the post aint for you
If you don't believe in God, why then do you quote His words?
Your anger against God is glaring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How Muslims Are Trooping To Jesus / Is It Compulsory To Speak In Tongues As A Christian? / Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.