Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos (37383 Views)

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State / Container Falls Off Trailer On Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Fully Loaded Bus Plunged Into Ebonyi River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by TheAlchemist: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
ruggedtimi:
this is not bad....wrong balancing of the container and wrong turn by the driver

What is the level of training of the average truck driver. Are there any form of mandatory training for this drivers? You can not give anybody who feels he/she can drive a car, trucks or trailers to drive different skill sets are needed.
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by baralatie(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
essienisrael5:
Nine people died. Only the korope conductor manage to escape. Just leaving the accident scene now.

quote author=Lanretoye post=120474505]Thank God there were no casualties
Jesus!
Innocent people!
May the Lord deliver the families from the tragic loss
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by tunddy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by belente(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:
Just imagine what APC and Tinupoo have caused again embarassed

Quick recovery to the affected victims.....

The moniker above mine is a newly recruited urchin tongue... He sees things upside down tongue
you are right, I just noticed that new urchins were recruited e.g linda1999, trapnews
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Angy55(f): 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Only 1 passenger out of the 9 survived.

May their souls rest in peace.

Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by assholemods: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

The moniker above mine is a newly recruited urchin tongue... He sees things upside down tongue
You be mumu! Common sense is far from you!
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by adecz: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Why always Ojuelegba ❓
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Sleekfingers: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
spy24:
Which survivors dey inside that bus like this .

I tire o.....but wey flat like that.....
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Innocentcomrade: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
Life is ephemeral
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Fearyourcreator: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
DSC7:

You know the bridge?
Wetin concern Tinubu and the accident
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Trybes(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
F117nighthawk:
Complete madness, what kind of crazy country is this, this ojuelegba bridge and this calamity, when will this stop? Can't they ban these trailers from climbing this bridge for God sake. They can always make take the ground road by the side, after all there is a major police area command just directly opposite this bridge. Can't we for once use our common sense and do the right things
The leaders have eyes but sadly they cannot see to do the right thing

Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Originalsly: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gunayo:

Wickedness of the highest order. May he whose own has finished not destroy us in Jesus name. I must live to witness the rebirth of a new Nigeria through his excellency Peter Obi.

This wouldn't reduce this kind accident very much. The problem here is the reckless container drivers.... as in this case ... blocking the bus from overtaking. Laws need to be passed to include even death sentence to those who cause death by dangerous driving.... also for the State to confiscate and sell all assets of the drivers and use the proceeds to compensate the victims. I'm sure they will suddenly become responsible. Wrong way drivers..... see how quick they begin to comply after confiscation of vehicles was being enforced.
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by planetx: 1:07am On Jan 30, 2023
bobo65:

Even these containers here come with belts and buckles, but u will hardly see these drivers using it..

If u check carefully. U will see that this particular accident, the truck itself fell with the container, I think it was buckled, if it wasn't, the container might fall off the bridge
Once the center of gravity of the container shifts, then it will bring the whole truck down with it. It is not about buckling containers like seat belts but moving on to trucks that the containers are permanently attached like you see in the pictures I posted. Time for offering solutions to problems instead of just lamenting until the next accident.
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by NnaNna4(m): 1:14am On Jan 30, 2023
Linda1999:
Nah bad road the cause all this can thing,

we just can't wait for jagaban to become the president and make good roads for us

Contact me to write your Academic assignments, chat up on WhatsApp- see signature for my number 👇

Where's the number?
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by cardoctor(m): 2:38am On Jan 30, 2023
Why does this happen only in Lagos and Ojuelegba particularly.
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by MoneyMustBMade(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2023
Linda1999:
Nah bad road the cause all this can thing,

we just can't wait for jagaban to become the president and make good roads for us

Contact me to write your Academic assignments, chat up on WhatsApp- see signature for my number 👇

Are you ok?
For lagos to rebuild which road?
Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2023
Gunayo:
Wickedness of the highest order. May he whose own has finished not destroy us in Jesus name. I must live to witness the rebirth of a new Nigeria through his excellency Peter Obi.
amen oo

Re: Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2023
Gift96:
Why can't they mandate all these container drivers to make their trip at night when the roads aren't busy ?
This nonsense has bee happening for a while and lives are being lost.
abi ooo… they should work within the hours of 12am and 4am… .. plus didn’t they tighten the container…

Corps Member Dies In Auto Crash After Leaving Adamawa Orientation Camp (Photos) / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Prospective Corpers Travelling To Sokoto Involved In Accident, Driver Dies(Pics)