Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It (2798 Views)

Our Girls Are Loosing It Everyday / I Won't Have Sex With My Fiancée Till Our Wedding I've Been Doing Daily Workouts / I Love Her But... Now I'm Embarrassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hello fam. I've been battling this mental ailment for ages
now and I did not take it serious until now that reality is
getting dawn on me.

The mental ailment I'm actually battling with right now is
the fact that my Brain dont quickly process what to say
quickly and on time and that if I'm with people (Either a
Guy or a Girl) I just don't know what to say like I'm just so
poor at communicating and this have over the years
affected my relationship with lotta people and brought bout disrespect to my personality. Like Imagine talking to me and I can't just vibe like a normal person.(not that I dont have life experiences but I suck at just explaining things in an interesting way) I remember during uni days and I happen to do presentations, Lecturers would be like "What are you saying" and in trying to explain myself or get to explain the more, they just get frustrated and rain insult on me and just pass me outta pity not that I deserve it tho but I'm just always enjoying that type of mercy. I hardly remember things and forget things alot.

If I also want to talk, I just can't talk fluently its always
like words do hang in my head and mouth and just say
nonsense atimes unintentionally. At the moment, I try as much as possible to avoid people cus of who I am and this is really affecting my life and personality. People don't respect me, I've got bad relationships with people even with my siblings and I can tell you categorically the only folks I've got in my life right now is my mum and Dad. I'll be 25 this year and I'm emotionally and psychologically unhealthy and sick, I've lost appetite and don't get to eat often that I'm growing so thin people are telling me. I've never had a girlfriend and right now there's the girl living close that just packed in, she's the only person that have shown me care all my life aside my mum and sisters and I'm crushing on her cuz she seem rare to me but I've been avoiding her cuz ion want her too loose interest in me and do like I dont exist like everyone does cus of my personality and I can't just can't stop feeling emotional pains

At the moment, what's stopping me from doing the worse to
myself is cuz of my mom and Religion. that anyone who
commit suicide goes to hell. I seriously hate the life I'm
living now. Did I also tell you guys I can't read to
understand and don't remember things. before I grab
things people have to explain and explain bfr I get things.
Most times people just get tired of me and I can't blame
them seriously cuz if I were them I'd get tired of me. I'm
seriously sick guys, I'm emotionally and psychologically sick
guys and I can't quit crying myself to sleep most night. I'm
just tired really. I hate the fact that I gotta suffer this.

Pls don't mind the way I type that's just my type in words.
Is there any mental or brain doctor here? is this a medical
condition that can be cured? plz I need y'all to help me live
this life or escape it.

mynd44
lalasticlala farano
Rocktation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Righteousness2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Make this Declaration right now without wasting time and be Free!

I AM A CHOSEN
I AM A CHOSEN
I AM A CHOSEN
Brain problem, Who are you?
GOD of CHOSEN Deliver me in JESUS Name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by God1000(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
Sorry about your condition, you need therapy
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Gift96: 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
You need to eat alot of cucumber and pineapples. They are both fruits used to correct speech / communication problems. They also aid critical thinking capabilities
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:
You need to eat alot of cucumber and pineapples. They are both fruits used to correct speech problems

I do take them, esp pineapples tho not so often but I've not experienced improvements
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Gift96: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ablemed:

I do take them, esp pineapples tho not so often but I've not experienced improvements

That's because you've not eaten enough
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:

That's because you've not eaten enough

pls apart from these fruits you mentioned, can you recommend pills or drugs I can get? and the fruits, how much do you suggest I eat weakly
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Jennyclay(f): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Go to LUTH and see a Neurologist.

I pray you get better soon.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by skj1377(m): 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oga nothing is wrong with you. If you typed the above by yourself then your OK. 1) as for women liking you, that is an art ,but i will give you Simple method to get instant girlfriend. Dress neat, smell nice ( expensive perfume), have small cash for outing with your new girl you don't have yet. Once you are done with the above look for a hair dressing saloon go there on weekends to wash your feet and do your nails. If you frequent such places you will catch one over time.

2) as for your slow learning ability. People are created that way
In fact Albert Einstein's primary school teacher said he will never amount to anything because he was slow to understand anything. Besides you may have a hidden talent you need to discover.
Finally slow to speak is good because you sin less and tell fewer lies. That will assist your chances of making heaven. Keeping quiet makes people think your knowledgeable and mature then slow to speak crowns it all. Your unique.
3) Try to achieve Something with your life no matter your perceived disability.
Ablemed:
Hello fam. I've been battling this mental ailment for ages
now and I did not take it serious until now that reality is
getting dawn on me.

The mental ailment I'm actually battling with right now is
the fact that my Brain dont quickly process what to say
quickly and on time and that if I'm with people (Either a
Guy or a Girl) I just don't know what to say like I'
m just so
poor at communicating and this have over the years
affected my relationship with lotta people and brought bout disrespect to my personality. Like Imagine talking to me and I can't just vibe like a normal person.(not that I dont have life experiences but I suck at just explaining things in an interesting way) I remember during uni days and I happen to do presentations, Lecturers would be like "What are you saying" and in trying to explain myself or get to explain the more, they just get frustrated and rain insult on me and just pass me outta pity not that I deserve it tho but I'm just always enjoying that type of mercy. I hardly remember things and forget things alot.

If I also want to talk, I just can't talk fluently its always
like words do hang in my head and mouth and just say
nonsense atimes unintentionally. At the moment, I try as much as possible to avoid people cus of who I am and this is really affecting my life and personality. People don't respect me, I've got bad relationships with people even with my siblings and I can tell you categorically the only folks I've got in my life right now is my mum and Dad. I'll be 25 this year and I'm emotionally and psychologically unhealthy and sick, I've lost appetite and don't get to eat often that I'm growing so thin people are telling me. I've never had a girlfriend and right now there's the girl living close that just packed in, she's the only person that have shown me care all my life aside my mum and sisters and I'm crushing on her cuz she seem rare to me but I've been avoiding her cuz ion want her too loose interest in me and do like I dont exist like everyone does cus of my personality and I can't just can't stop feeling emotional pains

At the moment, what's stopping me from doing the worse to
myself is cuz of my mom and Religion. that anyone who
commit suicide goes to hell. I seriously hate the life I'm
living now. Did I also tell you guys I can't read to
understand and don't remember things. before I grab
things people have to explain and explain bfr I get things.
Most times people just get tired of me and I can't blame
them seriously cuz if I were them I'd get tired of me. I'm
seriously sick guys, I'm emotionally and psychologically sick
guys and I can't quit crying myself to sleep most night. I'm
just tired really. I hate the fact that I gotta suffer this.

Pls don't mind the way I type that's just my type in words.
Is there any mental or brain doctor here? is this a medical
condition that can be cured? plz I need y'all to help me live
this life or escape it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by IamDietiesGod: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
And when did you start experiencing this?
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ablemed:

pls apart from these fruits you mentioned, can you recommend pills or drugs I can get? and the fruits, how much do you suggest I eat weakly
Why not go and see a doctor instead of what you are doing now?

1 Like

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Why not go and see a doctor instead of what you are doing now?

Jennyclay:

There's no neurologists in this part of the North where I'm at, they often refer people to Kano
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ablemed:

There's no neurologists in this part of the North where I'm at, they often refer people to Kano
Try and get to Kano any how bro. There must be a diagnosis before treatment. Self medication is bad.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Sonnobax15(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
lipsrsealed
Na wa....

Many people roaming the streets of this country have one mental illness or the other....But many of dem don't know yet...
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Emmypure: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
I think it's dementia
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Jazzman01: 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Have you had any head injury in the past? @Ablemed
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Starkz9898(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
if you masturbate,please stop it.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Kabalmark(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gift96:
You need to eat alot of cucumber and pineapples. They are both fruits used to correct speech / communication problems. They also aid critical thinking capabilities
what if the op don forget wetin you talk now 😑🤭
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Kabalmark(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
IamDietiesGod:
And when did you start experiencing this?
him go don forget shaa grin grin
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Nikes(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
I used to be very bad at pleasantries. Like I literally take a break to process it before giving an answer. Worse is when they use Hausa or my native language (I'm mhiship from Plateau state). Most times I ended up saying incoherent words since no one ever waits 5 seconds for you to answer their greetings. It's not that bad now tho.
Sorry about what you're going through @ op

1 Like

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by blaquebelle: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2023
See why breastmilk is underrated.

Sorry about your experience. Just take is easy, you will find other areas that you shine in and then it will stop to matter. For example, most serious tech guys are known to be geniuses who are quite socially awkward. So who knows? There is something out there for you that will make you forget this fact about yourself.
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Chris2863(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
You don’t have any problem young man. You are not just ready to come out of your your shell
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by BenedictAbajue(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Try talking to someone about it. Someone you trust. Never let this bring down your self esteem.
This is one of the reasons I feel I need a girlfriend. Thank You
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
Try talking to someone about it. Someone you trust.
Never let this bring down your self esteem.

This is one of the reasons I feel I need a girlfriend.
Thank You

It's crushing my confidence alot and that's one of the thing making me depressed. I'm always scared to talk in gathering, gathering is even big, even in small groups. it's really bad for me
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Ablemed: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jazzman01:
Have you had any head injury in the past? @Ablemed

I can't really say but I remember one time while growing, I was sitting on with some area kids playing then my hand slipped and I fell hitting my head backwards and of course blood gushed out. wasn't really a typa big fall that could have fractured my skull tho. this happened while I was 7/8yrs old thereabout
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by BabbanBura(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

Never thought anything good can come out of Nazereth! Nice one.

Op, it doesn't have to be LUTH but any tertiary or psychiatric/Mental hospital close to you. Do not despair too much, your situation can be highly improved!
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by DoingBetter: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tomorrow at 7am, join the NSPPD morning prayers on YouTube. Just type "nsppd live now" and join. Let's see if you don't get a testimony in a week.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by shantti(m): 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
the more you communicate with people, the better u become
start gyming bro, i mean intensive body building, it will kickstart your confidence
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Geovanni412(m): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ablemed:

I can't really say but I remember one time while growing, I was sitting on with some area kids playing then my hand slipped and I fell hitting my head backwards and of course blood gushed out. wasn't really a typa big fall that could have fractured my skull tho. this happened while I was 7/8yrs old thereabout

Sorry about that. Op, i am not a medical expert but your issue is confidence related.

If you can convince yourself that you are perfectly alright, i strongly believe that your condition will go.

Read the following books or try and listen to audiobooks on them:
- Limitless by Jim Kwik (he had a fall when he was a child, but today, he makes a living teaching about memory training) - get it from libgen free; for audiobook: search for limitless audiobook on youtube
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy : search on libgen.is , for audiobook : search power of subconscious mind audiobook on youtube ..
- Read about Michael Watson's story. He recovered from near death and severe brain damage after his fight with Chris Eubank - his story will teach you that anything is possible. - check youtube for this
- Download all courses by Jim Kwik from here free : https://pimpmymind.net/?s=jim+kwik

I hope this helps you brother. If you need any other guidance, you can DM me and I'll try and respond as soon as I can.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by Lionmachala(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=120478325]Make this Declaration right now without wasting time and be Free!

I AM A CHOSEN
I AM A CHOSEN
I AM A CHOSEN
Brain problem, Who are you?
GOD of CHOSEN Deliver me in JESUS Name.
[/quote
Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by BenedictAbajue(m): 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ablemed:

It's crushing my confidence alot and that's one of the thing making me depressed. I'm always scared to talk in gathering, gathering is even big, even in small groups. it's really bad for me
Bros see. I have misaligned upper teeth. That should reduce my confidence right? As I dey now, I never enter uni but the girls I don ask out na uncountable.
I for say more but I no know the day my mama go join nairaland.

But you just get the point.
As long as you have and keep matured friends, no one will mock you.

Normally Me I be ghost reader o, na because I see suicide na why I post.

If you kill yourself, na hell.

Why not make money, enter club, enjoy woman, die normally and still go to hell
smiley wink:-P :-D

The emboldened na gift from me o make you smile small....no take am serious o

Now on a more serious note, I know many stammerers. Why should you be the first to complain.
Carry your cross and follow me-JESUS
No let the cross kill you o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Battling This Mental Ailment For Long Now, I'm Gradually Loosing It by jclassiq(m): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
One word: stop masturbating and take zinc supplements.

Thank me later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, Am Beginning To Hate Men / She Is Fond Of It. What Do I Do? / Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.