Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele (43079 Views)

Cabinet: Different Lists In Circulation As Tinubu’s 14-day Deadline Closes In / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Antoeni(m): 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dead Rep
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by ibrocool(m): 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
blazesam:

110 days is short?
You have no idea what it is like in the villages. Getting access to bank even in some part of the city is like hell.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Kaiser20: 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
Toothless dog.Mr.Gbajagbiamila (Tinubu's dog is the most worthless speaker of Nigeria house of Rep
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by weoai(m): 11:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
grin grin grin
Urchinpainer:
grin grin grin...No be una ask for extension? Una think say Una dey wise!
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by plaindealer: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dsalvo:
Lol. Even a fool can tell the tone of the Reps is chiding of the Presidency. They are admonishing Buhari sternly.

I said it here countless times, when Buhari was doing his best to deny Tinubu the APC ticket, that politicians with long term plans and ambitions in politics beyond the May 29th handover of the Presidency will begin to resist and defy the outgoing PMB.

This is because they won't watch Buhari, in pursuit of personal vendetta and agenda, deliberately and callously ruin a soup they still want to eat for a while yet.

I warned that Buhari should chill with abuse of power otherwise face a rebellion from those who knows he has one leg out of the door and are no longer scared of him.

I also added that Buhari is divisive and not a good politician who rewards loyalty or has even minimal concern for a Party structure that gave him his life ambition yet he now wants to cynically destroy for thousands of others.

A President like Buhari will unite many against him because he will be viewed as very wicked and needlessly callous

This is common logic just that a lot of Nigerians have emotions, sentiments, bigotry and hate where logical thinking should reside in their head.

This is simple a case of stakeholders, upon the end of the reign of the current King, shouting "the King is dead. Long live the king".

Last last, if Buhari force their hand, stakeholders in APC will isolate him and focus on doing what they can to support the man they want to be President.

Well said.

It's the usual enemy of our enemy is our friend syndrome, they are not even concerned about their own best interest or how it affects them and the overall economy.

They are crying all over the place that they can not get the news notes and how it's making life difficult for them, but they still want us to believe that it's only affecting Tinubu and not them when in fact securing the new notes won't be a problem for Tinubu or even Atiku or Obi. They are just always too dumb in their poor man's thinking.

PMB messed up with the Naira change thing and it's too late for him to correct his own error or his own goal that he scored. He's not blind or oblivious per what is going on in the country regarding the change, so it's either he's part of the poor rollout of the new notes, the lack of preparation, chaotic handling, and gross incompetence or as usual, his hands-off approach is bitting him in the arss.

To even start with, as the president and as a law-abiding man as portrayed y himself, he should advise his CBN governor to respect the constitution and appear before the legislature because seeking info and clarity about government institutions and their policies are part of their legislative and oversight duties.

It beats me why PMB is rubbishing his own good performance at the very last minute and alienating his own party and even sabotaging his own party with bad publicity and needless controversy.

10 days extension is the least of his worries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by ashawopikin(m): 11:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
CBN dey independent, they can arrested emiefele, they don't have the power
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
ubest1:
I only blame CBN gov for the 10 days extension, if me alone let the old note end 31st let heaven fall,

same here bro.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by EdwardRandy(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
ubest1:
Useless Rep, vote buyers BAT messengers I only blame CBN gov for the 10 days extension, if me alone let the old note end 31st let heaven fall, hope they are aware Emefule is from Niger Delta
Niger delta no be tribe. Emefiele is Igbo.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:06am On Jan 30, 2023
Dsalvo:
Lol. Even a fool can tell the tone of the Reps is chiding of the Presidency. They are admonishing Buhari sternly.

I said it here countless times, when Buhari was doing his best to deny Tinubu the APC ticket, that politicians with long term plans and ambitions in politics beyond the May 29th handover of the Presidency will begin to resist and defy the outgoing PMB.

This is because they won't watch Buhari, in pursuit of personal vendetta and agenda, deliberately and callously ruin a soup they still want to eat for a while yet.

I warned that Buhari should chill with abuse of power otherwise face a rebellion from those who knows he has one leg out of the door and are no longer scared of him.

I also added that Buhari is divisive and not a good politician who rewards loyalty or has even minimal concern for a Party structure that gave him his life ambition yet he now wants to cynically destroy for thousands of others.

A President like Buhari will unite many against him because he will be viewed as very wicked and needlessly callous

This is common logic just that a lot of Nigerians have emotions, sentiments, bigotry and hate where logical thinking should reside in their head.

This is simple a case of stakeholders, upon the end of the reign of the current King, shouting "the King is dead. Long live the king".

Last last, if Buhari force their hand, stakeholders in APC will isolate him and focus on doing what they can to support the man they want to be President.

True you have point, however at this stage he's not really afraid of losing anything, if for anything he's close to his grave, so the best thing in his mind is to leave a lasting legacy in the electoral process, my assumption probably.

Talking about loyalty, the fact that someone is loyal to you does not necessarily mean, they mean well for you, you may just be a tool for thier own accent when the time comes.

I will never reward loyalty that I know is against my principles. However I won't also encourage such loyalty because of my ambition at a given time prior as well, but the truth is time changes people, the person you know 8 years ago may exhibit characteristics that's against sound judgement at that point I won't respect whatever we've had rather I'll do what I feel is right.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by EdwardRandy(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2023
Dsalvo:

Mumu talk. No vote buying, you all should deal with it. Buhari obviously doesn’t care if APC stays in power after him or not.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:14am On Jan 30, 2023
ibrocool:
To be candid, the time frame given is too short for the new currency to be in circulation and the so called politician that Buhari and CBN Governor claimed are targeting are the first set of people to get the new currency. Before most banks starts giving the regular customers the new currency, I've watched video of a high class event where all the money spent were new currency.

Modified.

For all those claiming that the time frame is not short, they should go to villages and see what it is like to get access to banks. Even some places in the city have just a bank in 5km radius.

Oga, do they have two billion? What are you saying, I changes my notes two weeks ago because I know some of us with attending to things very late, got 100, 200, 500 and 1000 all in multiples of the new currency and deliberately refused collecting old notes. I don't have time to waste in bank during rush hours.

If we have a habit of doing things early all these excuses are not tenable.

Someone said banks were giving old notes at ATM, except for those with medical emergencies, can't you return the monies to the bank?

Let's not keep giving excuses to encourage wrong behaviors abeg. The people in the village how long will it take them to go change the notes? CBN disbursed large sums of the new currencies to banks before now, most didn't go to pick them up, because corporately some politicians own shares and wanted to sabotage the policy. Why do you think CBN was issuing 1 million fines each day to banks last week?
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:16am On Jan 30, 2023
EdwardRandy:

Mumu talk. No vote buying, you all should deal with it. Buhari obviously doesn’t care if APC stays in power after him or not.

Absolutely, he really doesn't care.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by HellVictorinho7: 12:39am On Jan 30, 2023
ibrocool:
To be candid, the time frame given is too short for the new currency to be in circulation and the so called politician that Buhari and CBN Governor claimed are targeting are the first set of people to get the new currency. Before most banks starts giving the regular customers the new currency, I've watched video of a high class event where all the money spent were new currency.

Modified.

For all those claiming that the time frame is not short, they should go to villages and see what it is like to get access to banks. Even some places in the city have just a bank in 5km radius.
thanks for telling those bastards

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by otipoju(m): 12:43am On Jan 30, 2023
Dsalvo:

All he needs to do is to send I the right forces. Until he hands over they will not dare cross him. They know what he is capable of
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by HellVictorinho7: 12:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Oga, do they have two billion? What are you saying, I changes my notes two weeks ago because I know some of us with attending to things very late, got 100, 200, 500 and 1000 all in multiples of the new currency and deliberately refused collecting old notes. I don't have time to waste in bank during rush hours.

If we have a habit of doing things early all these excuses are not tenable.

Someone said banks were giving old notes at ATM, except for those with medical emergencies, can't you return the monies to the bank?

Let's not keep giving excuses to encourage wrong behaviors abeg. The people in the village how long will it take them to go change the notes? CBN disbursed large sums of the new currencies to banks before now, most didn't go to pick them up, because corporately some politicians own shares and wanted to sabotage the policy. Why do you think CBN was issuing 1 million fines each day to banks last week?
is this your worst?
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by plaindealer: 12:50am On Jan 30, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

True you have point, however at this stage he's not really afraid of losing anything, if for anything he's close to his grave, so the best thing in his mind is to leave a lasting legacy in the electoral process, my assumption probably.

Talking about loyalty, the fact that someone is loyal to you does not necessarily mean, they mean well for you, you may just be a tool for thier own accent when the time comes.

I will never reward loyalty that I know is against my principles. However I won't also encourage such loyalty because of my ambition at a given time prior as well, but the truth is time changes people, the person you know 8 years ago may exhibit characteristics that's against sound judgement at that point I won't respect whatever we've had rather I'll do what I feel is right.

I don't think chaos, public uproar, economic disaster and hemorrhage are the kind of lasting legacy is looking for, as we speak, the general public is not interested in his legacy this poorly carried out process is affecting their lives and daily economic activity, it's creating widespread economic stress all over the country and they are blaming him and his party for it, this is his own error and refusal to supervise his own incompetent and belligerent CBN leader.

Creating economic disaster or alienating the population is not a legacy, it's an utter failure and poor leadership, even his own party is not responsible for his poor leadership when it comes to the Naira change fiasco, but they are blaming them for it and it's affecting their chances at the polls, they are paying for his own unforced errors..

If this is truly about his good legacy, then he should have stuck to his gun instead of extending the deadline which in so many way is still illegal according to the Nigerian constitution and the CBN ACT.

They extended the deadline because they know they fcukced up.

No, this is not a good legacy, it's incompetence and leadership failure.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by RealTalkNoBull: 2:14am On Jan 30, 2023
Dsalvo:

You said a whole lot of nothing and actually sound a little unhinged. Are you against what Buhari did or are you for it? Make up your feeble mind.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by cardoctor(m): 2:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Ideally we need six months to conviniently carry out this task
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by RealTalkNoBull: 2:34am On Jan 30, 2023
thoollz:
Rubber stamp reps too can threaten!?!!! Wonders will never end, it will keep wondering too...because election is near, they're now the poor masses mouth-piece.

What of fuel scarcity?
Killings of the poor masses?
Epileptic power supply?
Downward spiral movement of the economy?
Unemployment?
Kidnappings? And so on.

Since they consent to every junk Buhari brings, why are they afraid of this particular policy. Bunch of assswipes.

Name 10 junks Buhari has presented to the NA since being President. This kind of idiotic hate that you clowns express is why the Senators always have the gall to fight for their corrupt positions, because they know they can rely on yall clowns to have their backs.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by afbstrategies: 2:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerian Reps will arrest Emiefele when Buhari is still the President Of Nigeria.

I am laughing in Swahili grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Xmen149(m): 4:43am On Jan 30, 2023
ibrocool:

Modified.

From what I understand CBN doesn't even want excess of the money outside just a few for people to do common transaction (the reason you have 20k withdrawal limit.

To achieve that each bank will have a given quota to trade with then continue running business recycled flow and other channels.

Then the bank will share the notes among its branches..so if the banks don't manage what is given them well some branches will be out of cash and probably out of business before you know it....now imagine said bank targeting politicians only knowing too well they will end up holding the cash from circulation limiting the chances of their customers recycling the cash back to them...lolz they won't.

Only extremely popular Banks can try that a little and won't be affected bcs no matter whT her customers Wil always bump in with cash from nowhere as the customer base too plenty...i think that's what emefiele referred to on the memo as a few Banks trying to cause problems that made him deploy icpc and efcc too to be involved in the sharing at their cbn branches per state.

My major concern in all this is the availability to rural areas.apart from that the idea is ok..it will curtail inflation which will be magnified during this election...naija money plenty outside cbn grasp yet it's not going round...Na politicans we born into this life for?..let them be doing electronic transactions and explain to efcc anytime they come knocking
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Enemyofpeace: 4:58am On Jan 30, 2023
Bunch of criminals. They are scared of losing all the money that they stole and kept at home
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by bdon123(m): 5:19am On Jan 30, 2023
D real enemies of Nigeria hav spoken.Their own is how to make use of their stolen resources.If d deadline is not after election this thieves will never be happy.
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by zedman1(m): 6:55am On Jan 30, 2023
ibrocool:

Modified.

Exactly, I'm working on a project in a very remote village. In fact when I mistakenly heard ( mistakenly because there's almost no network services there) about that maximum daily withdrawal policy, I was confused as to how I will go about paying my workers since almost all of them have no bank accounts, no ATM cards and there's not a single bank in that locality, only cash transactions are possible there. What I pay daily exceeds the proposed maximum daily withdrawal by far. Now, about the new naira note, I only saw ONE note there before coming for the weekend. As it stands, they have not seen the new notes. People don't know what is happening in villages.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by 8stargeneral: 7:13am On Jan 30, 2023
Audio arrest...nonsense reps
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Donmykel(m): 7:25am On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerians stand with Emefiele on this.
Our politicians are being frustrated with this new CBN policy
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by MoneyMustBMade(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2023
This criminal politicians should allow this man now to be focus. His doing a great job

They are doing this coz it will affect thier re-election.

Nigerian politicians don't trust them self to win without sharing money to the poor Nigerians they want to deceive.

No going back on deadline
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2023
otipoju:

All he needs to do is to send I the right forces. Until he hands over they will not dare cross him. They know what he is capable of

Where do you people get your reasoning? "Right forces" from where and to deal with how many exactly when we are three weeks and a few days before the Presidential election and most astute politicians know Buhari is a few months away from becoming history?

OBJ, as sitting President, could not muster the "right forces" to bully his way to a third term when all political leaders stood against him resolutely.

Do we all not remember what OBJ was "capable of" back then? Same President impeaching and destroying Governors and opponents as if shopping for socks?

GEJ nko? As President, where was the "right force" people like you think a President has, to do and undo, when nPDP and others were determined to stand up to Jonathan and defy him?

Fact is that what Buhari is seeking to do is very unpopular to everyone but unprincipled Igbos and born-to-rule Northerners blinded by lust for power.

Tanko Yakasai already called out Buhari openly for his lack of gratitude and loyalty to Tinubu.

Many in the North, aside the deleterious born-to-rule elements, are not comfortable with the vindictiveness and callousness of Buhari that sees him wanting to destroy the ruling Party and send it into opposition after he alone has been two-term President on behalf of a new Party other fought to build and hoped they would enjoy long after Buhari.

Buhari is seeking to destroy a dynasty because of disdain for one man and gullible people like you think everyone, including stakeholders in APC, will go along to destroy themselves on behalf of a President who will have no further need of APC or politics in a few months time? What is APC if she becomes an opposition to PDP?

Everyone knows this is APC's election to lose and obvious Buhari is happy for that to happen, and for many political careers to end, just to stop BAT.

Buhari attempt to play God will be resisted. His callous actions present the perfect scenario for uncompromising political rebellion and if the rebellion is big enough, how many can even the strongest President tackle at once and effectively at this late stage?

Go and ask OBJ and GEJ who also had Buhari's Presidential might, and did their best to abuse it, yet failed to get their way.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by FireUpNow(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2023
Oya go after him
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by COMPAQ(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by darediamond(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
They should kukuma arrest Buhari now . At least every adult know the case of naira design na Voice of Jacob , hand of Esau.

Na Buhari dey punish all of them through Emefiele ; so instead of threatening to arrest Emefiele they should kukuma arrest their loving daddy Bubu whom they’ve been doing rubber stamp for since 4 years ago.
Chai!!
Re: Reps Reject CBN’s 10-Day Deadline Extension; Threaten To Arrest Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dsalvo:

Quit the hypocritical wailing

Buhari wants to ensure free, fair and credible elections

I don't know why that's a sore on your eye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Posture Of Governor Wike As Seyi Makinde Visits Him (Photo) / How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.