Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? (5391 Views)

As A Very Pretty Girl Who Just Finished Serving In Nysc,can You Do POS Under Umb / Seriously, I Don't Know How To Ask This Girl For Sex. / Why Do Girls Always Ask This But Guys Don't? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by VeryWickedGoat: 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
"Savings or Current?" angry

Does this really matter to my transaction or is it just a ploy to get to profile me? Because there's nothing that Nigerians don't use to form standard. Imagine a N50k networth POS girl sef follow dey profile pesin. 😁

And I noticed its always the female ones that ask this seemingly dumb question too. I hardly get it from males.

So is it really necessary or is it another way to judge people way better than them? I want to know so I can ignore that question henceforth.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Philipgarza31: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
I operate a savings account and I have held up to 6m on it so what you talking about

10 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by VeryWickedGoat: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Philipgarza31:
I operate a savings account and I have held up to 6m on it so what you talking about

Exactly.
Those illiterates feel savings accounts means broke & current means rich. Very disgusting.

I want to know if the question is mandatory.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Haakeem(m): 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Meaningless thread created by verywickedewu.

26 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by skj1377(m): 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
The pos will ask same questions the ATM will ask and if you don't answer correctly the transaction will be declined.
I think its only Gtb ATM that does not ask savings or current. Some pos machines also don't ask but majority Of The common pos machines will ask and you have to answer correctly if you need money from that account. The pos attendant is only asking so as not to guess like the men may be doing.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by VeryWickedGoat: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
skj1377:
The pos will ask same questions the ATM will ask and if you don't answer correctly the transaction will be declined.
I think its only Gtb ATM that does not ask savings or current. Some pos machines also don't ask but majority Of The common pos machines will ask and you have to answer correctly if you need money from that account. The pos attendant is only asking so as not to guess like the men may be doing.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Zonefree(m): 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
skj1377:
Is there option for Savings or Current while using POS machine?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Yhemzie(m): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Does this really matter to my transaction or is it just a ploy to get to profile me? Because there's nothing that Nigerians don't use to form standard. Imagine a N50k networth POS girl sef follow dey profile pesin. 😁

And I noticed its always the female ones that ask this seemingly dumb question too. I hardly get it from males.

So is it really necessary or is it another way to judge people way better than them? I want to know so I can ignore that question henceforth.

Thanks.

Some POS machines require the type of bank account to be entered once you insert your ATM, if wrong type of account is entered, the transaction gets declined. Eg Opay POS requests for it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Yhemzie(m): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Zonefree:

Yes, there is for some POS machines.
Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Brandiebird: 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Exactly.
Those illiterates feel savings accounts means broke & current means rich. Very disgusting.

I want to know if the question is mandatory.

Well, if you are going into your savings, then you are broke atm?! No?

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by skj1377(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
One card may have both savings and current account activated on it. You may have money in both accounts. As such if you want to withdraw you will be asked to specify in which Of The account you want to be debited . Like in my case I have savings and current in a Sterling and Gtb ATM cards. To be on the safe side Accounts that have huge inflows are enabled for internet banking only no card attached to such accounts. The question is valid by pos operator in most cases
Zonefree:

4 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by BinamRex: 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Thanks.

She is not profiling you. If she tries to effect a transaction without choosing the type of account (savings/current), the Pos machine will not accept the transaction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Illegal1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
Their new question nah"u need old or new naira note...
i nearly slap one of them dis mrn...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Rexxie234(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Illegal1:
Their new question nah"u need old or new naira note...

i nearly slap one of them dis mrn...
Which kain dirty question be that?

you for give am slap grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Emmypure: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
See how you disgrace your self by asking stupid question.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Creativity22: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
You keep embarrassing yourself with this dump thread

4 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by ghettochild(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Even here in South Africa..
When I swap... the machine ask if it's savings or cheque.
Na normal thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by iHateFraudsters: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
You're aware that an ATM card can hold 2 or more different accounts?

Educate yourself before making a fool of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Chris2863(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
This op nah better illiterate ooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by JGirl20(f): 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
Zonefree:

Yes there is

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Thanks.

Go to an ATM to make a withdrawal, if you operate a Savings account, select Current account lets see if it'll pay you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by grandstar(m): 1:36am On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Thanks.

Their question is valid

If your card is linked to your savings and you inform them otherwise, your card won't spit out any money. It's vice versa as well

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by jaxxy(m): 1:54am On Jan 30, 2023
Then why not say current and see what happens. Lol.

Why all these bruised egos over nothing?? undecided

Nigerians undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Kennyprince: 2:33am On Jan 30, 2023
When operating a Pos, if u select a savings account when your account is actually current, it won't work.

Because the current status won't be associated with your ATM
Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by ruggedtimi(m): 2:50am On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Thanks.
you go sch at all....na the machine dey ask savings or current not the operator. Wetin concern Dem if u dey operate current or savings. Most pos machines will ask the type account. U dey rate the POS operator networth to be N50, na u get checking profile issue or probably inferiority complex

4 Likes

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by techWriter3: 3:20am On Jan 30, 2023
Meaningless leitmotif founded by verywickedewu

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by FromZeroToHero(m): 4:36am On Jan 30, 2023
It's not their fault. It happens in ATM, too. Even in shopping malls, they normally ask.

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by VeryWickedGoat: 6:49am On Jan 30, 2023
ruggedtimi:
you go sch at all....na the machine dey ask savings or current not the operator. Wetin concern Dem if u dey operate current or savings. Most pos machines will ask the type account. U dey rate the POS operator networth to be N50, na u get checking profile issue or probably inferiority complex

Oga nor vex.
No be everybody don operate plenty POS umbrella like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by Light78: 8:10am On Jan 30, 2023
Call it debit card.

ATM card sounds old.

How about POS card?

Lol

I call mine debit card.
Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by nazicartel(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2023
I don't even understand this question. It's important they ask the account you're using
Re: Why Do POS Operators Always Ask This? by AndroidAI(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

Thanks.

During transaction, the terminal often ask if the account is savings or current. Since majority operates a savings account, most pos attendants wouldn't ask. But in a situation where it's a current account and the attendant selected savings, the transaction wouldn't go. No one is profiling you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? / Would You Date A Shorter Man? / *12 Signs Your Falling In Love*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.