Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,748 members, 7,837,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! (474 Views)

Groom Criticized For Allowing Pregnant Bride To Kneel To Feed Him At Wedding / 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal / Soldiers Kneel To Propose To Their Girlfriends On The Road At Flyover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by amechispeaks(m): 8:55am On Jan 30, 2023
We've borrowed a lot from Western cultures. Some good, some bad, and some are downright ugly!

One particular Western act, which many Nigerian men have now adopted, is kneeling to ask a woman for her hand in marriage.

In fact, our Nigerian brothers have gone as far as making a show of it by having their friends make videos of the moment!

This troubles me greatly for many reasons.

First of all, it isn't in our culture for men to kneel before women. It's actually the other way round (you can see this clearly at Ibo traditional weddings where the woman kneels to offer her husband palmwine).

Secondly, let's assume kneeling is a show of submissiveness and loyalty (which it is), then shouldn't it go both ways?

Or is the man the only one that needs to show his love and loyalty by bending the knee? Why can't the woman do the same?

See wetin Romeo and Juliet don cause!

Fine, you want to kneel to propose to your woman abi?

Cool, but is she really worth the honor of having you, a grown-ass man, putting your knee on the ground and staining your Versace jeans?

It's actually worse if you're kneeling to propose to a lady who has been hammered uncountable times by various men with d**ks of different shapes and sizes?

Good luck bro!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by LikeAking: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2023
amechispeaks:
We've borrowed a lot from Western cultures. Some good, some bad, and some are downright ugly!

One particular Western act, which many Nigerian men have now adopted, is kneeling to ask a woman for her hand in marriage.

In fact, our Nigerian brothers have gone as far as making a show of it by having their friends make videos of the moment!

This troubles me greatly for many reasons.

First of all, it isn't in our culture for men to kneel before women. It's actually the other way round (you can see this clearly in Ibo traditional weddings where the woman kneels to offer her husband palmwine).

Secondly, let's assume kneeling is a show of submissiveness and loyalty (which it is), then shouldn't it go both ways?

Or is the man the only one that needs to declare his love and loyalty by bending the knee? Why can't the woman do the same?

See wetin Romeo and Juliet don cause!

Fine, you want to kneel to propose to your woman abi?

Cool, but is she really worth the honor of having you, a grown-ass man, put your knees on the ground and stain your Versace jeans?

In my opinion, a man's knee should ONLY hit the ground for a lady who is a VIRGIN.

A woman who has kept herself unf**ked throughout her adult life deserves a lot of respect.

You really think it's worth kneeling to propose to a lady who's been hammered uncountable times by various men with d**ks of different shapes and sizes?

If she has had 20 boyfriends in the past, and she eventually ended up with you, it means 20 men did not want her, and they left her.

Maybe she's the one who left them?

But if that's the case, what's the guarantee you won't be number 21?

Okay, you've seen something in her that the other men didn't. Good luck bro!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying non-virgin women don't deserve love, respect, and honor.

They do.

But not in such a sacred manner, and not especially when the man is the one paying all the bills.

Who should be kneeling for who?

By the way, if you are a man and your woman is paying your bills, then you MUST kneel before her to ask her hand in marriage.

Whether she is a virgin or not!

Let the vawulence begin!

Abeg rest...

Na ya babe?

2 Likes

Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by amechispeaks(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
LikeAking:

Abeg rest...

Na ya babe?

No, she no be my babe.

Any more questions?
Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by Kipaji: 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
I am never kneeling, virgin or not.

2 Likes

Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by obinna58(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Virgin or no virgin

2 Likes

Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by amechispeaks(m): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kipaji:
I am never kneeling, virgin or not.

Correct guy
Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by amechispeaks(m): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
obinna58:
Virgin or no virgin

100%
Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by IbrahimSkiba(f): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
A
Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by IbrahimSkiba(f): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
B
C
Re: Amechi Okoli: Men Shouldn't Kneel To Propose To Women! by boxer022(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
Virgin or not, it is not our custom to kneel to propose marriage to ladies, It is a borrowed custom. It is also not compulsory to propose to her publicly, you can do that privately as it is the two of you who are to get married and not the whole world.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Male Friend. Drop Whatsapp Number / In Search Of A Lover / Who Wants My Banana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.