Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? (802 Views)

Save Me From Entitled Inlaws / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by ScrollReport: 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD. PRAISE GOD

Covenant Highways

'how well do you relate with your mom n dad in laws'?

'Being loved by your inlaws is one of the deepest and most enriching relationships a wife can have when she cherishes her husband. The bond with family is truly a blessing for life.'

This is evident in the life of Uzoma; wife to foremost Environmentalist Dr. Benard Omoyeni, as she shares heartwarming photos of herself chilling with her in laws.

An inspiration to many, especially those of the Living Faith household, the story of the Omoyenis features GOD's favor, love, grace, prosperity and Kingdom activities.

In one of the photos captioned 'with my sweet vibes...mom n dad inlove', Uzoma strikes a trendy pose with the Omoyeni progenitors.

In another, she captioned 'I am most blessed among the best' and then asks 'how well do you relate with your mom n dad in laws'

Uzoma, a high ranking executive at Palmadex Global Integrated Services, a non oil agro export company with diverse portfolio including the Palmadex Export Academy, which is set to resume classes this February.

www.palmadexexportacademy.com

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Clear090: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
👂👂👂🖖
Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by black9: 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
My inlaws corrected their daughter when she began steadily misbehaving

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Righthussle: 9:20pm On Jan 30, 2023
Inlaw wey sabi put men on high jump.
Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Godspowerpro: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Righthussle:
Inlaw wey sabi put men on high jump.

Kindly share how your inlaws manage that, was engaged once,
Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Mrlola: 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
I have no relationship with them. They don't like me and I have given up on trying so hard to please them after ten years without success. We just tolerate ourselves these days.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Well enough!!!

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Klass99(f): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Klass99:

Even the troublesome ones who don't understand or respect boundaries? Nah, not the Jayjay I know grin.

grin That's why the "well enough" has THREE exclamation marks lol, I'm sha managing, ignoring, and tolerating some of them, for peace to reign, but once in a while I chip in nastiness to those ones that insists on being rude and annoying abeg, I cannot come and kee masef on top people wey carry in law title for head...

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Klass99(f): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Klass99:

Lmao, I totally get you!

I'm sure you are familiar with this story as I've shared it before, the day Sandra grabbed her sister in-law (Naomi) by the neck and pinned her to the wall, was the day Naomi's rude, disrespectful and boundary crossing attitude ended in Sandra's home and marriage.

That story always causes a smile to breakout in my heart first before it reaches my lips, whenever I recall it. I don't understand in-laws (women most especially) who interfere in the marriages/homes of their siblings without cause or justification!

You don't help them pay the bills in their house, you don't help them maintain their home in anyway, but you think it's okay to enter their space and misbehave because one of the spouses is your blood? Tufiakwa

You get it

So many stories of in-laws maltreatment of their brother's wives, if only women can stand up for themselves and not allow culture be an excuse of what can be permitted by in-laws in their husband's house.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nazgul: 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
Klass99:

Lmao, I totally get you!

I'm sure you are familiar with this story as I've shared it before, the day Sandra grabbed her sister in-law (Naomi) by the neck and pinned her to the wall, was the day Naomi's rude, disrespectful and boundary crossing attitude ended in Sandra's home and marriage.

That story always causes a smile to breakout in my heart first before it reaches my lips, whenever I recall it. I don't understand in-laws (women most especially) who interfere in the marriages/homes of their siblings without cause or justification!

You don't help them pay the bills in their house, you don't help them maintain their home in anyway, but you think it's okay to enter their space and misbehave because one of the spouses is your blood? Tufiakwa
@ bolded.
They interfere because their brother/son tolerates it.

Marriage is strictly for the man and his wife, but in Africa, husband's sister along with wife's baby brother and 3 sisters would move into the home, this is the beginning of rivalry

For me, I've made up my mind that no extended family member would live with me in my matrimonial home. If we need help, we'll ask our pastor to help us contact any church member who would be willing to allow their child (preferably a girl) stay with us. I've seen several people do it and it's working for them. We'll send the girl to school.

Any family member who wants to see us must call, and state the duration of their say. Any marriage built on such strict rules would have almost zero unnecessary interference from in-laws.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Dogalmighty17: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
My inlaws are the worst of the worst. They are from Edo state. I have been hearing their story but men what i faced eh!
The first time i went to see my wife's mother, she openly declared that she hates my tribe(I'm idoma). Why i didn't call off the wedding still remains a mystery to me. Abeg the matter long. I have tried peace. But not anymore. I'll ask them to come and carry their daughter soon.
Young men, don't ever make the mistake of marrying from a home that the father abandoned the mother. And if you can help it, avoid those Edo people like disease. E get why.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Klass99(f): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Klass99(f): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nazgul: 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Klass99:

🤣. I am also wondering what possessed you to proceed with that marriage and not call it off, after someone clearly told you they hate your tribe! The matter cannot be long o, please come back and finish this gist abeg.
Obviously, he was blinded by love. Now that the love has faded and the veil covering his eyes has been removed, he wants out. No way oga, he must remain in the marriage, cos it's for better for worse.
Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Nazgul: 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
Klass99:

This usually occurs in poor households where parents had too many kids they couldn't take care of, so they push their parental responsibilities to the oldest child or children, making them responsible for the younger ones.
Heaven know I cannot marry an Ada who has a trailer load of siblings. You'll become community uncle, training children whose names you don't even know...some men are really trying.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by Godspowerpro: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
Nazgul:

Heaven know I cannot marry an Ada who has a trailer load of siblings. You'll become community uncle, training children whose names you don't even know...some men are really trying.

Nna. Mk we pray for container to dey land steadily. Na part of human empowerment grin
Re: How Well Do You Relate With Your Inlaws? by ScrollReport: 12:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
My inlaws are the worst of the worst. They are from Edo state. I have been hearing their story but men what i faced eh!
The first time i went to see my wife's mother, she openly declared that she hates my tribe(I'm idoma). Why i didn't call off the wedding still remains a mystery to me. Abeg the matter long. I have tried peace. But not anymore. I'll ask them to come and carry their daughter soon.
Young men, don't ever make the mistake of marrying from a home that the father abandoned the mother. And if you can help it, avoid those Edo people like disease. E get why.

It is well in Jesus mighty name

(1) (Reply)

'I Want To Make Him A Dad For The First Time' / Why Isn't She Understanding It Though? ( SEE PHOTO) / Is 350k Rent Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.