Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? (11022 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by polite2(m): 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2023
H
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by prewtyjulie(f): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Follow rugged man on twitter, u can send him a DM concerning ur issue, he host a show on naija fm dat help a lot of ppl with cases like urs DAT can't get a lawyer, he links u wit a lawyer DAT can assist u, n dey will help u drag DAT boss.

All d best

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Yellowmelon: 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dear Poster your situation is quite unfortunate...I'm not sure why people are asking you to get a lawyer that you clearly can't afford at this time .

I would advise you to:
1. Send him a message, listing out in detail everything you worked on within the period.
2. Clearly state how the work you did has contributed to the overall growth of the organisation.
3. Talk about how even in the midst of fuel scarcity/increment , you went out of your way to ensure the progress of your work.
4. Add any other information that will help your case.
5. Speak to your landlord to give you more time (I believe the law gives you a grace of about three months after your rent expires)...times are hard, I think he or she will understand.

While doing all of this, start checking online job posting sites for remote jobs in your field of expertise...who knows, you might start getting paid in dollars.

Be polite and professional, DO NOT BURN BRIDGES.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by ravensckar(m): 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:
A job that I percievd as a miracle job is turning out to be a nightmare. I got a job in Lagos last December as a web designer for the firm with a pay of 150k. The job was supposed to be hybrid but since I couldn't afford relocation we agreed I work remotely pending when I will be able to relocate.

This is the end of fabuary and I haven't received a dime, the man has simply refused to pay me and from his body language he's not going to pay. I contacted the HR and she told me the man isn't responding to her messsages or calls about the payment matter.

He has stopped viewing my messages on WhatsApp or taking my calls too. The guys that referred me mentioned something about him treating the predecessor same way and adviced I take it as employment fraud and walk away from the job.

The issue is I've put efforts and resources into the job and I cant just let go of 300K like that.
I've been borrowing to fuel my gen everyday to work and other expenses. My rent is expired and landlord had been on my neck to pay up. A lot of stuff is hinged on that money.
It's been from one flimsy excuse to the other.

Please I need suggestions on how I can get my money from this man, I have my appointment letter and he's a lawyer.

Mods please help me push to front page so I can get wider contributions
Bros, it's obvious that he doesn't want to pay you. Hence, I'll advise that you travel all the way to the company and use better craze collect your money. Sending him series of messages wouldn't yield any result because he's feeling like there's nothing that you can do to him.

A former employer once tried that nonsense with me, after lambasting us at the meeting and daring us to resigned. I called his bluff and resigned. The foolish man turned around to say that I didn't give a month notice in advance. I stormed the place with my goons, and together we held everyone hostage. He threatened to call the police and I dared him to; whether na Nigerian Police send me go school him go tell me. When he saw that we didn't bulge, he ordered the accountant to transfer my salary from the company's account. Throughout the whole saga, the coward never left his office because I was determined to injure him and later treat him with that salary. Until this day, everyone still talks about how he's afraid of me. Funny enough, my new employer heard about the whole saga and has since been wary of me when it comes to salary issue. I told them that when it comes to my money; 'I can do and undo'.

Who get time for rubbish?

PS- Robert Greene once said that people will mess with you if they know they can get away with it. But if they are aware of your own craziness, no one will dare mess with you. That has been the motto of my life. Do anyhow, see anyhow. I don't care who you are!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Kuvasin: 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Firstly, which one is at the end of fabuary?
What's Fabuary?
Do you mean February? If so, right now February never come not to talk of ending.
2ndly, if you v tried to reach him via SMS, calls, chats etc, try and see him face to face. Let him know you needed money and that's why you are working for him.
The law doesn't permit that one should deny people their entitlement. You can report to the NPF or get a lawyer too. In fact, contact human rights commission. That ll be lesser sef.
Lastly, hope you didn't erred in one way or the other cos we v not heard from the other party.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Isabi4lov: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Why are people so wicked like this embarassed especially in this kind of economy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by olaodun: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
Many experienced people have spoken ; to solve the problem do you have a written,signed contract if yes you have the options to discuss with his family members church leaders lawyers and police if no written signed contract just plead with him and walk away for better opportunities God will help you , next time demand for written signed contract
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by shantti(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Me and some people are currently in this boat, we were recruited into content writing. This is the most demanding and difficult job I have ever done. I hardly sleep at night, am always writing, and the man always calls to lamblast me, omo, I've worked for like six months, this man doesn't want to pay me. Not only me, but a lot of people he recruited. I don't know what to do. I've been depressed since then
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by EmekaBlue(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Money is a problem everywhere

Even me now they wait for my salary.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Maro4u(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
To me this is a Cooked up story,

Read the content well lots of blunders January wey just end where this OP take see him own February wey him work. Abeg guy year just start go find something doing
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Teeroyzimma: 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
ravensckar:
Bros, it's obvious that he doesn't want to pay you. Hence, I'll advise that you travel all the way to the company and use better craze collect your money. Sending him series of messages wouldn't yield any result because he's feeling like there's nothing that you can do to him.

A former employer once tried that nonsense with me, after lambasting us at the meeting and daring us to resigned. I called his bluff and resigned. The foolish man turned around to say that I didn't give a month notice in advance. I stormed the place with my goons, and together we held everyone hostage. He threatened to call the police and I dated him to; whether na Nigerian Police send me go school him go tell me. When he saw that we didn't bulge, he ordered the accountant to transfer my salary from the company's account. Throughout the whole saga, the coward never left his office because I was determined to injure him and later treat him with that salary. Until this day, everyone still talks about how he's afraid of me. Funny enough, my new employer heard about the whole saga and has since been wary of me when it comes to salary issue. I told them that when it comes to my money; 'I can do and undo'.

Who get time for rubbish?

PS- Robert Greene once said that people will mess with you if they know they can get away with it. But if they are aware of your own craziness, no one will date mess with you. That has been the motto of my life. Do anyhow, see anyhow. I don't care who you are!
and you resemble calm guy o
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Chris2863(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Offpoint1:
Forget the money, let everything cool down... When he forgets about everything, like 3-6 months or a year later.... Go to the location and cause "Fire Accident".

That's how I treat people f^ck-ups, by this time, you're the last person they'll suspect. I always pay evil back with GREATER EVIL and Good back with GREATER GOOD.

The "devil" dues in all of us, if you think you're capable of evil....rest assured you, I am as well.
or even pay guys to lodge one bullet for his skull.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by drdeath: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:
A job that I percievd as a miracle job is turning out to be a nightmare. I got a job in Lagos last December as a web designer for the firm with a pay of 150k. The job was supposed to be hybrid but since I couldn't afford relocation we agreed I work remotely pending when I will be able to relocate.

This is the end of fabuary and I haven't received a dime, the man has simply refused to pay me and from his body language he's not going to pay. I contacted the HR and she told me the man isn't responding to her messsages or calls about the payment matter.

He has stopped viewing my messages on WhatsApp or taking my calls too. The guys that referred me mentioned something about him treating the predecessor same way and adviced I take it as employment fraud and walk away from the job.

The issue is I've put efforts and resources into the job and I cant just let go of 300K like that.
I've been borrowing to fuel my gen everyday to work and other expenses. My rent is expired and landlord had been on my neck to pay up. A lot of stuff is hinged on that money.

Please I need suggestions on how I can get my money from this man, I have my appointment letter and he's a lawyer.

Please with your appointment letter,go to the office of the public defender
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Contact Berekete TV on this issue. I believe you will get justice.
Supreme145:

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by tomzyELNINO: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Goodlady:

What's Fabuary?
Do you mean February? If so, right now February never come not to talk of ending.
2ndly, if you v tried to reach him via SMS, calls, chats etc, try and see him face to face. Let him know you needed money and that's why you are working for him.
The law doesn't permit that one should deny people their entitlement. You can report to the NPF or get a lawyer too. In fact, contact human rights commission. That ll be lesser sef.
Lastly, hope you didn't erred in one way or the other cos we v not heard from the other party.
So funny šŸ¤£.
He should contact human rights or police. You know how much he go spend on them?
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Ephemmm: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

Has he ever at any time issued you a dud cheque?
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
ttoyetade:
Young man, take heart and move on . As long as you didn't do him any evil, there are better opportunities waiting for you ahead. God will make it up to you. Be a born again Christian. In future you will look back and discover that N300k is a chicken change to you. Many of us have passed through worst situations. But we are still here today and doing better. You are just starting life being your first job. Stir up yourself and move on.

Give him money to pay his rent and feed him. You all always drop motivational quotes without solutions.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

Sorry man. May Yeshua be your comfort. Unfortunately those who are supposed to uphold the law by virtue of their training make an absolute joke of it.

As Nigeria is lawless I would suggest start shopping for a different job, try playing cool and mind games with your current job, and bail off as soon as you get paid.

Pray hard and let Jah lead your path going forward.

Peace, love and light

PonziHater
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
Goodlady:

What's Fabuary?

Don't you read or do you have selective blindness? Did you not see where the OP said he stopped responding to his messages? You attempted to make sense but made none. ITK.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Damoche10: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

I have some basic questions to ask you...

1. Were you given any letter of offer?
2. Did you accept the letter in writing?
3. Is your working remotely documented with the HR?
4. Did u complete any assumption of duty form?
5. Can you list a few tasks given to you and delivered on them?
6. Who supervises what you do?
6. What is the company name and address?

If you can respond to these questions with proof, go straight to the EFCC Office to complain as a case of EMPLOYMENT FRAUD!

They'll gladly help.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Brandiebird: 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
Mindlog:
I can't just imagine putting in my all, in a job role and don't get paid.šŸ˜ 

Itā€™s really sad! Iā€™m shocked that this is someoneā€™s reality. Iā€™m even more surprised that someone will continue working?!? If you donā€™t pay me for the first payment then Iā€™m not doing anything until Iā€™m paid. Why do people continue to work without pay over there?!
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by free2ryhme: 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
COMPUTERVILLA:
you want to sue a lAWYER?

How dey take read sef undecided
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Mindlog: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Brandiebird:

Itā€™s really sad! Iā€™m shocked that this is someoneā€™s reality. Iā€™m even more surprised that someone will continue working?!? If you donā€™t pay me for the first payment then Iā€™m not doing anything until Iā€™m paid. Why do people continue to work without pay over there?!

Many Employers in Nigeria exploit vulnerable Nigerians and still display arrogance.

I was looking at my payslip yesterday and I smiled to myself.....the hours I put in was well compensated and motivates one to put in the best because the company also sees to your comfort which in turn enables you to achieve more.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by iHart(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ĥ
Supreme145:

You got a #150k last December. Depending on when you got the job, your first full salary should come by January ending. If between when you got the job and now you have spent over 300k doing your job, then that's not a job. I am more concerned about how you spent 300k to deliver a 150k job, what is your gain?

In this Buhari regime, you can see where to borrow 300k? You are blessed oh.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Brandiebird: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Offpoint1:
Forget the money, let everything cool down... When he forgets about everything, like 3-6 months or a year later.... Go to the location and cause "Fire Accident".

That's how I treat people f^ck-ups, by this time, you're the last person they'll suspect. I always pay evil back with GREATER EVIL and Good back with GREATER GOOD.

The "devil" dues in all of us, if you think you're capable of evil....rest assured you, I am as well.

Weā€™re so alike! I did this to an old employer. Although I was paid some of my wages, he refused to acknowledge all the extra hours I worked for him under the table (outside my contract) he was a ā€œC U next Tuesdayā€

I came back to the premises a few months later with spray paint and I sprayed all the windows black and wrote ā€œC U next Tuesdayā€ on as many walls as I could! Ha! That will cost him more to remove than what he owed me.

Iā€™m vengeful when it comes to work because you feel like a slave! Imagine working so hard and someone is benefiting from your hard work and you are not being paid! Vengeance!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by neightman: 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Please post the name of the company here. These people usually use silence as a way to further oppress others.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by princely4ever: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Supreme145:

You have to seek redress sir. Like one said, It's best to see him in person. So you should see him in person first and explain things reasonably. Like the money you probably borrowed and spent in advance, subsituted for the money you'll get paid for working at your new job. If he proves unconcerned then you should seek redress and let him pay for reparations. That is fair and just.

Moreover do your research on the nigerian constititution regarding employer and employee. I can't quote now. Just check what it says and know your right as an employee in this country. Your employer isn't above the law of this green country. When you involve the law, he'll be fined for your freedom. He shouldn't just go scot-free like that unless you have become very acquainted with him. And even if you are, he should show at least a spattering of empathy for your condition .
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Brandiebird: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Mindlog:

Many Employers in Nigeria exploit vulnerable Nigerians and still display arrogance.

I was looking at my payslip yesterday and I smiled to myself.....the hours I put in was well compensated and motivates one to put in the best because the company also sees to your comfort which in turn enables you to achieve more.

Damn! Thatā€™s heartbreaking! As for your payslipā€¦ chop em šŸ‘Š
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
This is the reason some employer get kidnapped.They like oppressing their employees thinking nobody can do them anything.
Re: How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? by Bossman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Looks like this guy does not want to pay you. Since you've made all efforts to reach him without luck, I'd suggest you threaten him. I am assuming you still have access to your work and the website. If there is backend/DB involved, you can certainly do more damage. Wipe the damn DB or something! Hope you get my drift. Do not let him get a way with it. Bring down the damn website!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? / Ascon Oil Company Recruitment / How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.