Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks (45242 Views)

CBN Uncovers $2.4bn Foreign Exchange Scam / Ogun Government Threaten To Shut Commercial Banks Rejecting Old Naira Notes / Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by jojothaiv(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:
I have already maintained that many commercial banks are working with politicians
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Lionmachala(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Curvinus:
Ordinary 4 million. What a pitiable pisma pisma

I wonder... What a shame... Today I pay charge's of 1500. Just to withdraw 7000 from pos
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by jmaxjohn(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
inoki247:
Lol just 4m CBN Neva serious dem go soon uncover 50k....

So na 4m dey cause scarcity like this wetin no go take customer 1hr before dem withdraw am finish...

make dem give us the bank address make we go withdraw the ,4m...

4m in one branch in the mediocre ogun state.

Times that by how many branches, and times that by how many states
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Okwyjesus(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:
I have already maintained that many commercial banks are working with politicians

They help them steal money and move money oversea.

This one na small things for them
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Fiscus105(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm
I will always say and i will keep on telling people that our politicians are not the corrupt ones

But the masses on the street
Go to government parastatal and organisations
And see the way workers and civil servants are behaving....
For all of you thinking we are gonna tackle corruption should forget about it
Nigerians are sincerely not angry about corruption but they are pretending to because they are not the ones carrying out the corruption

Wait just take a walk to any government yellow fever vaccine centre and tell them you want the vaccine...I repeat they won't give it you...the person on duty willl demand 20k to 25k...this is something government supplied for free for the masses to be vaccinated

Please 🙏 our media houses wether TV stations and radio should stop airing programs on only how listeners will be calling in to criticise our politicians only.....all media houses should enter the street of Nigeria and see corruption...

The blame is still come back to govt and politicians, since they are the head of govt.

The ministry or other govt agencies you talk about, if govt/politicians are punishing them appropriately, it would serve as deterrent to others , before you know, corruption will die down
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by chrixtoimoh: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
It's not a discovery it's happening.
The banks are colliding with the politicians.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Hychineson(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
They should mention the name of the bank.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Hendrixky: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

The blame is still come back to govt and politicians, since they are the head of govt.

The ministry or other govt agencies you talk about, if govt/politicians are punishing them appropriately, it would serve as deterrent to others , before you know, corruption will die down

And you think government eyes will be everywhere?

What are those head of department in government parastatal doing?

You know the funny thing

Nigerians have accepted already that what we do in the street is not corruption but what the politicians do in office is the one we should be seen as corruption
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by lereinter(m): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:

Who are the share holders of banks no be politician proxys

Even what emifele is doing is it prompting of politicians
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
How much is 4 million naira for a bank branch? If you load that in a group of ATMs it can't last more than a few hours. This is smoke & mirrors.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Bigchristo: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:
this is what they do now, they also deliver to those who want bulk cash instead of putting these cash on the ATM and let it circulate later they will lie that CBN is not giving them new notes Nigeria have a very long way to go

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Elidrisy20: 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
Rubbish
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by goaldynman(m): 8:10pm On Jan 31, 2023
TheChameleon:
Fidelity Bank... holding it for Peter Obi.

You stupidity is unheard of!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Elidrisy20: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
Shebi Emefiele say him Sabi, Dem too sabi
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Bigchristo: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/CBN-uncovers-N4m-in-Ogun-knocks-commercial-banks
imagine if all these cash is loaded at the 🏧 machine for it to circulate do you think there will be scarcity of the new notes? But bank will always lie that CBN refused to send them the new notes meanwhile they’re using it for business, 95% of we Nigerians are wicked nothing anybody can tell me

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by fasbat(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
adenigga:

the bank has no name abi? Dey play, you heat, dey suffer the hapless citizens
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by harkolat(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
We are the problems. I only hope we get to change this habit of been corrupt. It has eaten so deep into every structures set aside. Some of the bank staffs are saboteurs. Hopefully, we get it right.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by RenaissanceGuy: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Proceeds of skull mining
If you're sensible enough, you'll stay away from tribalistic memes and stick with humoristic ones only.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by inoki247: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
jmaxjohn:

4m in one branch in the mediocre ogun state.

Times that by how many branches, and times that by how many states

LoL and you think that 4m will not finish within an hour or 2 in the mediocre Ogun state even if customers are limited to 20k daily and the branch loads like 5 machine with the 4m you think say he no go finish within an hour or 2....

Normally before this scarcity some Banks load more than 10m in there machine daily If you don't know...
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by 9gerian: 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Name and shame if serious or save us the lamentations.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Lucasinho(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
POS are charging 300 for 5k old notes

Now who do we blame?

Govt
Banks
POS operators
Ourselves

I don tire

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by 9gerian: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
True!

Seun:
How much is 4 million naira for a bank branch? If you load that in a group of ATMs it can't last more than a few hours. This is smoke & mirrors.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by tomdon(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
A bank doesn't have a name. Whyning
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Yhemzie(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:
Majority of the commercial banks are even owned by politicians.
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by TheChameleon: 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
goaldynman:

Goaldynman to his useless homosexual father
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by DriveByKiller: 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
adenigga:

Emefiele is an idiot looking for scapegoat and excuses.

If you print the new notes in short supply, both individuals and banks will hoard it

1 Like

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by yusufmurry: 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:

We know this since...

Nothing stop Tinubu and co from buying votes or sharing money.

Just the poor market women and retailers that those policy and scarcity is affecting
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Justiceleague1: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
goaldynman:

Chai!!!!!
Dem don finish thechameleon ivartheMENTAL o!!!
Thechameleon yaff suffa sha!!!! grin grin grin
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by TheChameleon: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Chai!!!!!
Dem don finish thechameleon ivartheMENTAL o!!!
Thechameleon yaff suffa sha!!!! grin grin grin

Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by dfrost: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kingspin:

Not many. Freaking all of them. Alla dem grin angry
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by Justiceleague1: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
TheChameleon:
alaye,dem just summarise ya life in one simple sentence sha grin grin grin
Re: CBN Uncovers ₦‎4 Million In Ogun, Knocks Commercial Banks by jjeeff(m): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
True talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Distributes 2000 Bags Of Rice In Each LGA In Rivers State / President Buhari Arrives New EFCC Office (photos) / Elumelu Unruffled Despite Social Media Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.