Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (118812 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2008
now that lin, lady and tribalist are on vacation,
ebos, viee, pam and lawyer come and show your faces one time sad
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2008
hey Lindiwe, nice post!
i join others to say Amen and Amen

u dey go Vatican? ? ?
wow! im sooooo jealous wink
pray us ok?
and enjoy urself down there.

Carl, i don show my face but u com dey miss cry

Oby & Lady, when wil i ever get u online? cry cry cry

Pam and Ebos case na anoda tory. . .

Thank God the month October is here, i have been missing sayn the rosary alot and i didnt like it. . .
now , i cant imagiine not sayn it everyday smiley
i just hp and pray that i will have have the same zeal beyond october.

i always do get lots of motivation from here, miss u guys plenty!

noticed some new faces names here, welkom peeps. . .
it dosnt matter what u have in mind for comin here, we sha welkom u in the name of God. . . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2008
hey viee, sorry had a meeting.

how you dey now?
see lin going to vatican and we dey here dey roll eyes! anyway make she pray for us well well.

as for ebos case, dat one no be brief o na suit case grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
gracias!!!

You're welcome

ok i get it. not to worry, we have your back on this one

Thank you

Lady i wish you luck in your job hunting and i pray that it will be quicker than you expected.
Lindiwe have a wonderful vacation.
Carl how are you doing?

Thanks Oby, how r u?

hey carl, i'll be going to the holy city of Rome - the Vatican city!!!
i shall be gone till november 2nd!!!

What
I am so happy for you. You get to experience what a lot of people can't.

now that lin, lady and tribalist are on vacation,
ebos, viee, pam and lawyer come and show your faces one time

Hahaha, that will be the day.

Oby & Lady, when wil i ever get u online?

one day go be one day, one day go be one day, when u go catch me online. grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2008
morning peeps, great day!

lady, na true say one day go be one day grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2008
Wednesday of the Twenty-seventh Week in Ordinary Time
Reading 1
galatians 2:1-2, 7-14

Brothers and sisters:
After fourteen years I again went up to Jerusalem with Barnabas,
taking Titus along also.
I went up in accord with a revelation,
and I presented to them the Gospel that I preach to the Gentiles–
but privately to those of repute–
so that I might not be running, or have run, in vain.
On the contrary,
when they saw that I had been entrusted with the Gospel to the uncircumcised,
just as Peter to the circumcised,
for the one who worked in Peter for an apostolate to the circumcised
worked also in me for the Gentiles,
and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me,
James and Cephas and John,
who were reputed to be pillars,
gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership,
that we should go to the Gentiles
and they to the circumcised.
Only, we were to be mindful of the poor,
which is the very thing I was eager to do.

And when Cephas came to Antioch,
I opposed him to his face because he clearly was wrong.
For, until some people came from James,
he used to eat with the Gentiles;
but when they came, he began to draw back and separated himself,
because he was afraid of the circumcised.
And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him,
with the result that even Barnabas
was carried away by their hypocrisy.
But when I saw that they were not on the right road
in line with the truth of the Gospel,
I said to Cephas in front of all,
“If you, though a Jew,
are living like a Gentile and not like a Jew,
how can you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 117:1bc, 2

R. Go out to all the world, and tell the Good News.
Praise the LORD, all you nations,
glorify him, all you peoples!
For steadfast is his kindness toward us,
and the fidelity of the LORD endures forever.

Gospel
Lk 11:1-4

Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished,
one of his disciples said to him,
“Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.”
He said to them, “When you pray, say:

Father, hallowed be your name,
your Kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread
and forgive us our sins
for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us,
and do not subject us to the final test.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2008
Hello everyone.

Hey! viee how yu dey now? u do well pop in to say hi, i catch d greetings. Just like lady rightly said one day by the Grace of God go b one day.

Did i hear you very well Lindiwe, wowwwwww!!! abeg carry full story come back o grin

Lady dear i'm just cool over here, doing great!

Carl i hail you o wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2008
Today's Saint
St. John Leonardi (1541?-1609)

"I am only one person! Why should I do anything? What good would it do?" Today, as in any age, people seem plagued with the dilemma of getting involved. In his own way John Leonardi answered these questions. He chose to become a priest.

After his ordination, he became very active in the works of the ministry, especially in hospitals and prisons. The example and dedication of his work attracted several young laymen who began to assist him. They later became priests themselves.

John lived in a time of reform after the Reformation and the Council of Trent. He and his followers projected a new congregation of diocesan priests. For some reason the plan, which was ultimately approved, provoked great political opposition and he was an exile from his home town of Lucca, Italy, for almost the entire remainder of his life. He received encouragement and help from St. Philip Neri [whose feast is May 26], who gave him his quarters—along with the care of his cat!

In 1579 he formed the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, and published a compendium of Christian doctrine that remained in use until the 19th century.

Father Leonardi and his priests became a great power for good in Italy, and their congregation was confirmed by Pope Clement in 1595. He died at the age of 68 from a disease caught when tending those stricken by the plague.

By the deliberate policy of the founder, the Clerks Regular of the Mother of God have never had more than 15 churches and today form only a very small congregation.

"Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your belongings and give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven that no thief can reach nor moth destroy" (Luke 12:32-33).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2008
Carlos please correct the 1st reading chapter, it says girl 2: 1-2, 7-14. There is nothing like girl in the bible.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2008
Oby1:

Carlos please correct the 1st reading chapter, it says girl 2: 1-2, 7-14.  There is nothing like girl in the bible.   

my sister see me see seun and his autocorrecting software o shocked

it is galatians and was written as g.a.l but changed by oga kpatakpata to girl grin.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 11:25am On Oct 08, 2008
oby is there anything wrong with your phone?
have been trying it but it doesn't work. how can i reach you?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2008
ok, is working now, i switched it off before.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2008
ok
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2008
Today's Saint
St. Denis and Companions (d. 258?)

This martyr and patron of France is traditionally held to have been the first bishop of Paris. His popularity is due to a series of legends, especially those connecting him with the great abbey church of St. Denis in Paris. He was for a time confused with the writer now called Pseudo-Dionysius.

The best hypothesis contends that Denis was sent to Gaul from Rome in the third century and beheaded in the persecution under Valerius in 258.

According to one of the legends, after he was martyred on Montmartre (literally, "mountain of martyrs"wink in Paris, he carried his head to a village northeast of the city. St. Genevieve built a basilica over his tomb at the beginning of the sixth century.

"Martyrdom is part of the Church's nature since it manifests Christian death in its pure form, as the death of unrestrained faith, which is otherwise hidden in the ambivalence of all human events. Through martyrdom the Church's holiness, instead of remaining purely subjective, achieves by God's grace the visible expression it needs. As early as the second century one who accepted death for the sake of Christian faith or Christian morals was looked on and revered as a 'martus' (witness). The term is scriptural in that Jesus Christ is the 'faithful witness' absolutely (Revelations 1:5; 3:14)" (Karl Rahner, Theological Dictionary).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2008
Thursday of the Twenty-seventh Week in Ordinary Time
Reading 1
Galatians 3:1-5

O stupid Galatians!
Who has bewitched you,
before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
I want to learn only this from you:
did you receive the Spirit from works of the law,
or from faith in what you heard?
Are you so stupid?
After beginning with the Spirit,
are you now ending with the flesh?
Did you experience so many things in vain?–
if indeed it was in vain.
Does, then, the one who supplies the Spirit to you
and works mighty deeds among you
do so from works of the law
or from faith in what you heard?

Responsorial Psalm
Luke 1:69-70, 71-72, 73-75

R. (68) Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; he has come to his people.
He has raised up for us a mighty savior,
born of the house of his servant David.
R. Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; he has come to his people.
Through his holy prophets he promised of old
that he would save us from our enemies,
from the hands of all who hate us.
He promised to show mercy to our fathers
and to remember his holy covenant.
This was the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
to set us free from the hands of our enemies,
free to worship him without fear,
holy and righteous in his sight
all the days of our life.
R. Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; He has come to his people.

Gospel
Lk 11:5-13

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Suppose one of you has a friend
to whom he goes at midnight and says,
‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,
for a friend of mine has arrived at my house from a journey
and I have nothing to offer him,’
and he says in reply from within,
‘Do not bother me; the door has already been locked
and my children and I are already in bed.
I cannot get up to give you anything.’
I tell you, if he does not get up to give him the loaves
because of their friendship,
he will get up to give him whatever he needs
because of his persistence.

“And I tell you, ask and you will receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
What father among you would hand his son a snake
when he asks for a fish?
Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit
to those who ask him?”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2008
hey peeps,
am still around, won't be leaving till Saturday!
and yes, i'll get you guys nice stuff k! i'll pray for ya all!
I'm gonna see the Pope and i'll ask him to bless each one of ya! lol!!!

ok guys,
got to run off now!have fun,
and remain blessed!!!
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2008
Our Lady of The Holy Rosary Novena Prayer

This novena is to be said along with a daily rosary.

(for those who can't say the Rosary along with the Novena prayer can say the Holy Rosary @ anytime of the day)

DAY 9

My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, your child, in prayer at your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer you in accordance with your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for you, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for this special favor which I earnestly request in my Rosary Novena: (Mention your request).

I beg you to present my petition to your Divine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God’s holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.

I offer you this spiritual “Bouquet of Roses” because I love you. I put all my confidence in you, since your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.

THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS – Mtt 27:31-36; Luke 9: 23-24; 23:27-32

The Son of God carries the instrument of His death to the hill of Calvary. Jesus' carrying of the cross was fulfilment of His earlier words, Let all who would believe in me, take up their cross and follow me. A cross he didn't have to carry. Neither do we, unless we choose Jesus over Satan and sin. Mary, His Mother states that 'through the cross, God is being glorified in every person. Do not be afraid to carry it. My Son is with you and he will help you'. Let us find, through the steps to Calvary; the roadway of our own lives.

Let us pray for the suffering, the lonely, the homeless. Let us ask Jesus to give special meaning to the crosses they carry.

Reflection:
Instruct me in the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your marvelous works. - Ps 119:27

The Rosary calls for a quiet rhythm and a lingering pace, helping the individual to meditate on the Mysteries of the Lord's life as seen through the eyes of Mary.
Thus, the unfathomable riches of these Mysteries are unfolded, - Pope Pius VI

O Mary, when I say the Rosary, I meditate on Christ's Mysteries in union with you.Help me to imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.Amen

Sing to Our Lady,

Ave Maria! O Maiden, O Mother
Proudly thy children are calling on Thee
Thine are the graces unclaimed by another
Sinless and beautiful star of the sea!

Chorus:

''Mater amabilis, ora pro nobis
Pray for thy children who call upon Thee,
Ave sanctissima! Ave purissima!
Sinless and beautiful star of the sea.''

Ave Maria! thou portal of heaven,
Harbour of refuge, to thee do we flee,
Lost in the darkness, by stormy winds driven,
Shine on our pathway, fair star of the sea!

CHORUS :

''Mater amabilis, ora pro nobis
Pray for thy children who call upon Thee,
Ave sanctissima! Ave purissima!
Sinless and beautiful star of the sea.''

Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us. Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2008
Lindiwe:

Our Lady of The Holy Rosary Novena Prayer

The Son of God carries the instrument of His death to the hill of Calvary. Jesus' carrying of the cross was fulfilment of His earlier words, Let all who would believe in me, take up their cross and follow me. A cross he didn't have to carry. Neither do we, unless we choose Jesus over Satan and sin. Mary, His Mother states that 'through the cross, God is being glorified in every person. Do not be afraid to carry it. My Son is with you and he will help you'. Let us find, through the steps to Calvary; the roadway of our own lives.

Let us pray for the suffering, the lonely, the homeless. Let us ask Jesus to give special meaning to the crosses they carry.

Reflection:
Instruct me in the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your marvelous works. - Ps 119:27

The Rosary calls for a quiet rhythm and a lingering pace, helping the individual to meditate on the Mysteries of the Lord's life as seen through the eyes of Mary.
Thus, the unfathomable riches of these Mysteries are unfolded, - Pope Pius VI

O Mary, when I say the Rosary, I meditate on Christ's Mysteries in union with UHelp me to imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.Amen

there is a hidden meaning and merit to suffering which God wants us to decipher and respect.
may His grace be sufficient for us to carry our crosses and follow in His footsteps.

morning peeps. lin, how do you do? leaving tomorrow eh cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2008
Friday of the Twenty-seventh Week in Ordinary Time
Reading 1
galatians 3:7-14

Brothers and sisters:
Realize that it is those who have faith
who are children of Abraham.
Scripture, which saw in advance that God
would justify the Gentiles by faith,
foretold the good news to Abraham, saying,
Through you shall all the nations be blessed.
Consequently, those who have faith are blessed
along with Abraham who had faith.
For all who depend on works of the law are under a curse;
for it is written, Cursed be everyone
who does not persevere in doing all the things
written in the book of the law.
And that no one is justified before God by the law is clear,
for the one who is righteous by faith will live.
But the law does not depend on faith;
rather, the one who does these things will live by them.
Christ ransomed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us,
for it is written, Cursed be everyone who hangs on a tree,
that the blessing of Abraham might be extended
to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus,
so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Responsorial Psalm
Ps 111:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6

R. (5) The Lord will remember his covenant for ever.
I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart
in the company and assembly of the just.
Great are the works of the LORD,
exquisite in all their delights.
R. The Lord will remember his covenant for ever.
Majesty and glory are his work,
and his justice endures forever.
He has won renown for his wondrous deeds;
gracious and merciful is the LORD.
He has given food to those who fear him;
he will forever be mindful of his covenant.
He has made known to his people the power of his works,
giving them the inheritance of the nations.

Gospel
Lk 11:15-26

When Jesus had driven out a demon, some of the crowd said:
“By the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons,
he drives out demons.”
Others, to test him, asked him for a sign from heaven.
But he knew their thoughts and said to them,
“Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste
and house will fall against house.
And if Satan is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand?
For you say that it is by Beelzebul that I drive out demons.
If I, then, drive out demons by Beelzebul,
by whom do your own people drive them out?
Therefore they will be your judges.
But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons,
then the Kingdom of God has come upon you.
When a strong man fully armed guards his palace,
his possessions are safe.
But when one stronger than he attacks and overcomes him,
he takes away the armor on which he relied
and distributes the spoils.
Whoever is not with me is against me,
and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

“When an unclean spirit goes out of someone,
it roams through arid regions searching for rest
but, finding none, it says,
‘I shall return to my home from which I came.’
But upon returning, it finds it swept clean and put in order.
Then it goes and brings back seven other spirits
more wicked than itself who move in and dwell there,
and the last condition of that man is worse than the first.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2008
St. Francis Borgia (1510-1572)

Today's saint grew up in an important family in 16th-century Spain, serving in the imperial court and quickly advancing in his career. But a series of events—including the death of his beloved wife—made Francis Borgia rethink his priorities. He gave up public life, gave away his possessions and joined the new and little-known Society of Jesus.

Religious life proved to be the right choice. He felt drawn to spend time in seclusion and prayer, but his administrative talents also made him a natural for other tasks. He helped in the establishment of what is now the Gregorian University in Rome. Not long after his ordination he served as political and spiritual adviser to the emperor. In Spain, he founded a dozen colleges.

At 55, Francis was elected head of the Jesuits. He focused on the growth of the Society of Jesus, the spiritual preparation of its new members and spreading the faith in many parts of Europe. He was responsible for the founding of Jesuit missions in Florida, Mexico and Peru.

Francis Borgia is often regarded as the second founder of the Jesuits. He died in 1572 and was canonized 100 years later.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2008
Lindiwe:

hey peeps,
am still around, won't be leaving till Saturday!
and yes, i'll get you guys nice stuff k! i'll pray for ya all!
I'm going to see the Pope and i'll ask him to bless each one of ya! lol!!!

ok guys,
got to run off now!have fun,
and remain blessed!!!
kiss kiss kiss

My dear enjoy yourself and if you are opportuned to see the Pope tell him to visit Nigeria soonest o wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 3:44am On Oct 13, 2008
Hello all.

Did you hear the news of the newly canonized saint, the very first female indian.
Thanks be to God.

keeping you all in my prayers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
~Lady~:

Hello all.

Did you hear the news of the newly canonized saint, the very first female indian.
Thanks be to God.

keeping you all in my prayers.

Hello Lady, i don't think i have heard about it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690)

Margaret Mary was chosen by Christ to arouse the Church to a realization of the love of God symbolized by the heart of Jesus.
Her early years were marked by sickness and a painful home situation. "The heaviest of my crosses was that I could do nothing to lighten the cross my mother was suffering." After considering marriage for some time, Margaret entered the Order of Visitation nuns at the age of 24.

A Visitation nun was "not to be extraordinary except by being ordinary," but the young nun was not to enjoy this anonymity. A fellow novice (shrewdest of critics) termed Margaret humble, simple and frank, but above all kind and patient under sharp criticism and correction. She could not meditate in the formal way expected, though she tried her best to give up her "prayer of simplicity." Slow, quiet and clumsy, she was assigned to help an infirmarian who was a bundle of energy.

On December 21, 1674, three years a nun, she received the first of her revelations. She felt "invested" with the presence of God, though always afraid of deceiving herself in such matters. The request of Christ was that his love for humankind be made evident through her. During the next 13 months he appeared to her at intervals. His human heart was to be the symbol of his divine-human love. By her own love she was to make up for the coldness and ingratitude of the world—by frequent and loving Holy Communion, especially on the first Friday of each month, and by an hour's vigil of prayer every Thursday night in memory of his agony and isolation in Gethsemane. He also asked that a feast of reparation be instituted.

Like all saints, Margaret had to pay for her gift of holiness. Some of her own sisters were hostile. Theologians who were called in declared her visions delusions and suggested that she eat more heartily. Later, parents of children she taught called her an impostor, an unorthodox innovator. A new confessor, Blessed Claude de la Colombiere, a Jesuit, recognized her genuineness and supported her. Against her great resistance, Christ called her to be a sacrificial victim for the shortcomings of her own sisters, and to make this known.

After serving as novice mistress and assistant superior, she died at the age of 43 while being anointed. "I need nothing but God, and to lose myself in the heart of Jesus."
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2008
Hello Lady, i don't think i have heard about it.

It just happened yesterday, you can get info online
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2008
I am done with pursing material things.  It’s a pity to say this, I was like that foolish man in the bible who thought after getting everything, he would relax and enjoy it, but that very night his soul was demanded from him.  I longed to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty now to first accomplish what will give my soul joy after life on earth.  Death can come anytime.  Starting very small, ask yourself: in a world where devil operate and you are not strong in Jesus, what dream might you begin with?  You might have been thinking that “Ebos” just stayed away from this site, but the truth is that if not by the special grace of God you would not have heard from Ebos again.  Ebos funeral service would have since been concluded and forgotten.

He was healthy on that faithful day, no sickness of any kind, no symptoms, but out of a sudden something invisible hit him on the rib, he started shouting.  It was exactly the pain of a knife being stabbed constantly in his rib but the only different was that no blood was coming out but the pain was that of a knife.  He kept on shouting and could not walk again.  The good friends around quickly carried him and rushed him to the hospital.  While on his way, he kept on getting the sharp pain of a dagger, all his body system changed and he started vomiting.  At the hospital, 12 injections and drip given immediately and the doctor diagnoised him but nothing was discovered. Pastors, societies and groups came to the hospital praying while a mobile phone was placed on my ears to join other Pastors and other groups praying from far away upon getting the news because they could not come.  For 3 days I did not walk.
I was later taken to my church and a Priest prayed and held a confession for me and everybody around was crying and waiting for Ebos to have his last breathe.

The truth must be said.  It was a neighbour (one Alhaji – Alfa) who came in to see me(remember he is my neighbor) and he immediately asked me my full names and that of my mother.  They told him, he went to his house, came back and said it was an attack.  The Pastors that prayed said the same thing.  It was the Alhaji that gave me medicine and after two hours, I was able to stand up for the first time in 3 days.  I’m still taking medicine but my second home now is church.  I have been participating in this October Devotion. It’s only God that can fight this battle for me.  First, it was my father who was killed just 2 days after he took permission from his company and left Lagos for Port Harcourt to see us, but my mother travelled to my home town.  Then my father proceeded to my town to see my mother.  Before we could know it, the grave was wide open to receive my father’s body. That was how he ended his life.  Second, it was my mother.  Any person that knows my mother shed tears on seeing her condition. She is a bit better right now.  Third, I now become their target.  We have done nothing. We are not dragging anything, nothing. I said nothing of any kind.  My brother had accident just 4 days he bought his car and on his way to see my mother in the hospital - and that was the end of that car.  We thank God for saving his life.

I’m getting better right now.  I never thought this kind of thing would happen to me.  Probably, I allowed myself to be carried away by material things.  I prayed less and that might be the reason why I was hit quite bad. At a point, I was praying for death because of the pain I was passing through. That is how Ebos would have ended his life but I give God the Glory.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2008
Wow ebos, I will keep you in my prayers.
I am glad you are doing well. Please let us know how you're coping.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2008
ebos:

I am done with pursing material things.  It’s a pity to say this, I was like that foolish man in the bible who thought after getting everything, he would relax and enjoy it, but that very night his soul was demanded from him.  I longed to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty now to first accomplish what will give my soul joy after life on earth.  Death can come anytime.  Starting very small, ask yourself: in a world where devil operate and you are not strong in Jesus, what dream might you begin with?  You might have been thinking that “Ebos” just stayed away from this site, but the truth is that if not by the special grace of God you would not have heard from Ebos again.  Ebos funeral service would have since been concluded and forgotten.

He was healthy on that faithful day, no sickness of any kind, no symptoms, but out of a sudden something invisible hit him on the rib, he started shouting.  It was exactly the pain of a knife being stabbed constantly in his rib but the only different was that no blood was coming out but the pain was that of a knife.  He kept on shouting and could not walk again.  The good friends around quickly carried him and rushed him to the hospital.  While on his way, he kept on getting the sharp pain of a dagger, all his body system changed and he started vomiting.  At the hospital, 12 injections and drip given immediately and the doctor diagnoised him but nothing was discovered. Pastors, societies and groups came to the hospital praying while a mobile phone was placed on my ears to join other Pastors and other groups praying from far away upon getting the news because they could not come.  For 3 days I did not walk.
I was later taken to my church and a Priest prayed and held a confession for me and everybody around was crying and waiting for Ebos to have his last breathe.

The truth must be said.  It was a neighbour (one Alhaji – Alfa) who came in to see me(remember he is my neighbor) and he immediately asked me my full names and that of my mother.  They told him, he went to his house, came back and said it was an attack.  The Pastors that prayed said the same thing.  It was the Alhaji that gave me medicine and after two hours, I was able to stand up for the first time in 3 days.  I’m still taking medicine but my second home now is church.  I have been participating in this October Devotion. It’s only God that can fight this battle for me.  First, it was my father who was killed just 2 days after he took permission from his company and left Lagos for Port Harcourt to see us, but my mother travelled to my home town.  Then my father proceeded to my town to see my mother.  Before we could know it, the grave was wide open to receive my father’s body. That was how he ended his life.  Second, it was my mother.  Any person that knows my mother shed tears on seeing her condition. She is a bit better right now.  Third, I now become their target.  We have done nothing. We are not dragging anything, nothing. I said nothing of any kind.  My brother had accident just 4 days he bought his car and on his way to see my mother in the hospital - and that was the end of that car.  We thank God for saving his life.

I’m getting better right now.  I never thought this kind of thing would happen to me.  Probably, I allowed myself to be carried away by material things.  I prayed less and that might be the reason why I was hit quite bad. At a point, I was praying for death because of the pain I was passing through. That is how Ebos would have ended his life but I give God the Glory.

My God!!! I don't know what to say, but thank God for everything.
You have been through hell, but thank God who is our protector in this changing world.
I wish i have your phone number, but you wouldn't give it out.

At times some certain things happen to remind us that God is still God and to call us back to our senses.

You will always be in my prayer especially this month of our Mother and my prayer is that all the friends of darkness in your family be exposed and be disgraced in the name of Jesus, because no weapon fashioned against your family shall prosper and may all the heavenly powers, arch-angels, angels of battle be around your family to protect you from henceforth in Jesus name and may the great intercessor Virgin most powerful intercede for you.  Amen.

May the soul of your dad and the souls of all faithful departed rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Please if you can give me your phone number.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2008
oby how now?
have been busy since yesterday and only found time out for this post.

ebos story get as e be o, i don't know wat to say.

we shall keep praying for him and his family especially the rosary in this month of the rosary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2008
~Lady~:

Wow ebos, I will keep you in my prayers.
I am glad you are doing well. Please let us know how you're coping.

Hello Lady, how far have you gone or still going about your job.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2008
Carlosein:

oby how now?
have been busy since yesterday and only found time out for this post.

ebos story get as e be o, i don't know what to say.

we shall keep praying for him and his family especially the rosary in this month of the rosary.

Bad story dey alwaz get as e be, e no dey ever sweet.
I alwaz tell ebos, prayer is the only weapon we Christain have and if you relax the enemy will have way to penetrate.
Yes, please let this month which is dedicated to our Mother also be dedicated to Ebos and the family.

So work now? hope not too stressful.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2008
Today's Saint
St. Callistus I (d. 223?)

The most reliable information about this saint comes from his enemy St. Hippolytus, an early antipope, later a martyr for the Church. A negative principle is used: If some worse things had happened, Hippolytus would surely have mentioned them.
Callistus was a slave in the imperial Roman household. Put in charge of the bank by his master, he lost the money deposited, fled and was caught. After serving time for a while, he was released to make some attempt to recover the money. Apparently he carried his zeal too far, being arrested for brawling in a Jewish synagogue. This time he was condemned to work in the mines of Sardinia. He was released through the influence of the emperor's mistress and lived at Anzio (site of a famous World War II beachhead).

He won his freedom and was made superintendent of the public Christian burial ground in Rome (still called the cemetery of St. Callistus), probably the first land owned by the Church. The pope ordained him a deacon and made him his friend and adviser.

He was himself elected pope by a majority vote of the clergy and laity of Rome, and thereafter was bitterly attacked by the losing candidate, St. Hippolytus, who let himself be set up as the first antipope in the history of the Church. The schism lasted about 18 years.

Hippolytus is venerated as a saint. He was banished during the persecution of 235 and was reconciled to the Church. He died from his sufferings in Sardinia. He attacked Callistus on two fronts—doctrine and discipline. Hippolytus seems to have exaggerated the distinction between Father and Son (almost making two gods) possibly because theological language had not yet been refined. He also accused Callistus of being too lenient, for reasons we may find surprising: (1) Callistus admitted to Communion those who had already done public penance for murder, adultery, fornication; (2) he held marriages between free women and slaves to be valid—contrary to Roman law; (3) he authorized the ordination of men who had been married two or three times; (4) he held that mortal sin was not a sufficient reason to depose a bishop; (5) he held to a policy of leniency toward those who had temporarily apostatized during persecution.

Callistus was martyred during a local disturbance in Trastevere, Rome, and is the first pope (except for Peter) to be commemorated as a martyr in the earliest martyrology of the Church.

Some are of the opinion that, even from the little we know about him, Callistus may rank among the greatest popes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.