Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? (8838 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG / See How The Nigerian Army Is Transported To The Battlefield In 2015 / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by rasputinn(m): 6:00am On Sep 10, 2011
The searchlight will now be on Buhari and other northern islamic extremists,the indoor to political power is now firmly and totally shut to them
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by Acutex: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2011
.,, it baffles me that a thread as clueless as our President has managed to reach 5 pages, Fool's luck??
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by BetaThings: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2011
Beaf:

Our society frown on homo? That is the key! Let society and the judiciary deal with such matters, they do not belong in the FG, state govt or LG's purvue.
Why should any govt be involved in micromanaging everybody's lives from the religious standpoint of a few zealously fevered politicians? It is the height of arrogance to assume that your religious perspective must be forced on all.

What you are preaching is anarchy!
So which law will the judiciary act upon? It is after the executive (popularly called the govt) has banned h.omo.sexuality that judiciary can act
And who will take offenders before the judiciary - the govt through the police!

Left alone, I can now commit suicide, inc.est with adults, organise se.x shows on the streets etc
Whatever we do has implications for the larger society
I have said the habits of h.omo.s is risky and increases the prevalence of HIV
But govt should keep out of it, but when the health issues arise we should now ask the govt to pick up the bill
It is like allowing people to build houses on waterbed and when flooding ensues ask govt to rescue them

BTW Most Nigerians believe we should cull h.omo.s.  I believe it is desirable. If the West wants them, we would happily ship them out

Beaf:

Why should any govt be involved in micromanaging everybody's lives from the religious standpoint of a few zealously fevered politicians? It is the height of arrogance to assume that your religious perspective must be forced on all.

It is that attitude that causes the born to rule affliction of the core-North. They think that their religion should dictate everything, unfortunately their religion does not generate any wealth for the country, oil currently does and in the future, gas and manufacturing will. The foresight to generate health, wealth and well-being is lost religiously charged folk whose first priorities are to sign Nigeria up to bodies like the Organisation of Islamic Conference. Such useless, foolish and politically dangerous moves in a secular country have done nada to educate the teeming almajiri population, they have only ensured that their region copiously sprouts bloody riots and groups like boko haram. That is the reason why a pack of fools like boko haram, dare to think that they can forcefully Islamise the whole of Nigeria.

You think that it is religion that made Asian countries frown at the same habit?
I have pointed out that even Singapore did not allow people to chew gum!
They later relaxed it, but you can only buy from pharmacy stores
Your need to keep the core-North out power leads you to ascribe everything to religion as if they are the only people practising Islam
UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia practise it and still provide electricity and education for their people
If some people feel they are born to rule, why should the South feel they are now destined to keep power forever
And being born to rule should also be practised  in the SW if it is religious. And what about Hausa christians? Born to rule? Religious bigots too?
Early this year, people said zoning will deprive us the opportunity of choosing from everywhere
Now the new idea is to ensure that we permanently zone the presidency to South
in order to "redress marginalisation"
Opportunistic and contradictory!

And like I have mentioned, Azazi has an opinion on Boko Haram, should we set aside and take your position
And based on what?
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by BetaThings: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2011
Acutex:

.,, it baffles me that a thread as clueless as our President has managed to reach 5 pages, Fool's luck??
You are an extremist! The searchlight will now be on you!

rasputinn:

The searchlight will now be on Buhari and other northern islamic extremists,the indoor to political power is now firmly and totally shut to them
So the searchlight should now come long after you and your friends concluded the man should be in jail
So why don't you give Azazi new leads or clues
Oh, the door is firmly shut against them. That is the agenda right? According to the ND and South esp SE
You should read the story of your idol's country - Russia
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by Acutex: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2011
BetaThings:

So the searchlight should now come long after you and your friends concluded the man should be in jail
So why don't you give Azazi new leads or clues
Oh, the door is firmly shut against them. That is the agenda right? According to the ND and South esp SE
searchlight?? Alright but, b4 u run outta batteries check d thread topic and y'all posts and tell me d relatnship, mr search engine, Extremist ko extinguisher ni,
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by BetaThings: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^^
You should have seen the history of the posts here
rasputinn:

Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by reindeer: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
Goofluck Jonathan. . .redefines useless  angry angry
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by Beaf: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2011
BetaThings:

What you are preaching is anarchy!
So which law will the judiciary act upon? It is after the executive (popularly called the govt) has banned h.omo.sexuality that judiciary can act
And who will take offenders before the judiciary - the govt through the police!

Left alone, I can now commit suicide, inc.est with adults, organise se.x shows on the streets etc
Whatever we do has implications for the larger society
I have said the habits of h.omo.s is risky and increases the prevalence of HIV
But govt should keep out of it, but when the health issues arise we should now ask the govt to pick up the bill
It is like allowing people to build houses on waterbed and when flooding ensues ask govt to rescue them

BTW Most Nigerians believe we should cull h.omo.s.  I believe it is desirable. If the West wants them, we would happily ship them out

The executive cannot make laws, that is strictly the function of the NASS. There are three independent arms of govt, the Judiciary (the Bar and Bench), the Legislature (NASS) and the executive (headed by GEJ).
Issues like homo are purely societal and are for the judiciary and NASS (societies voice) to deal with, not the executive; no matter how religiously minded it is.

BetaThings:

You think that it is religion that made Asian countries frown at the same habit?
I have pointed out that even Singapore did not allow people to chew gum!
They later relaxed it, but you can only buy from pharmacy stores
Your need to keep the core-North out power leads you to ascribe everything to religion as if they are the only people practising Islam
UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia practise it and still provide electricity and education for their people
If some people feel they are born to rule, why should the South feel they are now destined to keep power forever
And being born to rule should also be practised  in the SW if it is religious. And what about Hausa christians? Born to rule? Religious bigots too?
Early this year, people said zoning will deprive us the opportunity of choosing from everywhere
Now the new idea is to ensure that we permanently zone the presidency to South
in order to "redress marginalisation"
Opportunistic and contradictory!

And like I have mentioned, Azazi has an opinion on Boko Haram, should we set aside and take your position
And based on what?

Is Saudi your example for why it is ok to mix religion and politics? Lol!
In Saudi Arabia, women can neither drive cars nor vote. . . Of course they have electricity and that can make up for their oppressive, extremist society!
Perhaps, it never occurred to you that the sort of society in Saudi is absolutely anathema to the more liberal minded Nigerian Muslim and practically every other Nigerian citizen? It is such thinking that turns the Southern and Middle Beltan mind from the religiously tainted politics of the core-North. We don't want it and we ain't having any of it.

It is no secret that the women of Saudi Arabia live under a great deal of oppression. It’s not much of a stretch to claim that they are treated like property under, what has so far been, a rather strict fundamentalist Islamic law. They are subservient to men in every way. Women must be fully covered with black veils and are segregated from the males in society, having separate entrances and isolated areas within temples or places of business. They are not allowed to drive cars, may not travel in or out of Saudi Arabian cities without a designated male guardian, are not allowed to vote, must get the approval of their husband for nearly everything, are almost never allowed to be employed, and are denied the ability to represent themselves in a courts system that already regards women as inferior.

http://www.globalshift.org/2010/02/28/slow-changes-to-womens-rights-in-saudi-arabia/

Who wants any of that?
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by blackcypha(m): 2:38am On Sep 13, 2011
Stupid conceited statements made by half-wits on threads like this neva cease to amaze me,
Re: Nigeria, The Next Battlefield In The War On Terror? by rasputinn(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2011
BetaThings:

How can I be,when I'm neither Buhari nor Bakare?

BetaThings:

Hmmm,you dont wanna know
You're a funny man though wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II / Nnamdi Kanu Last Words Before Arrest By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.