Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere (26922 Views)

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / "Living In Bondage" Premiere With Cast At Vivacinemas X Torley Nigeria (Photos) / Photos From "The Enemy I Know" Movie Premiere In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Creamypie(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Over sabi

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Creamypie(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
I hear sey wizkid been wan fok this aunty, but the smell of her pusssssssy made his prick not to rice up.
take it easy

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by praiseneo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
I hear sey wizkid been wan fok this aunty, but the smell of her pusssssssy made his prick not to rice up.
you people will want to troll una go still troll with useless grammar. Common rise turn to rice😏

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Kajaard: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
Lamanii22:
She still went ahead?

It just shows you how insensitive she is.

Lots of Nigerians place money over morals and empathy. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
Traumatizing movie.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kajaard:

Lots of Nigerians place money over morals and empathy. Pathetic.
That's sad. I mean, imagine the trauma the movie would bring again for the families affected.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by perpeling22(f): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2023
what if she has settled the matter with them? she couldn't have continued if their requests have not been discussed with them.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Segzy19: 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ruthless Linda ..

Stoking up people's pain just because you wanna make money? No conscience, no ethics, no integrity...

I pity the people who call these ones celebrities and follow them on social media...

What will be special in the movie?

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by BRATISLAVA: 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kingpele:
Wrong to make money off people's pains...the pains of the relatives of those involved will revived and they will be traumatised over again...this is wrong

Hollywood has done it, and you enjoyed watching the movies, right from Titanic. Down to Elvis.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Kajaard: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Hollywood has done it, and you enjoyed watching the movies, right from Titanic. Down to Elvis.

Brati in the western world before such movies are done permissions are taken from the surviving family members of people to be portrayed in the movies or from the people themselves if they are still alive and some royalty paid as well e.g. Ali, Pele, Maradona, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Michael Jordan et al. The list is endless.

In this case the families of the slain kids specifically said they don't want the movie done and never gave such permission. I am not a lawyer but I believe there are some legal loopholes the family can exploit in this case if we were in a civilized society where the law works.

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Diekahero: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Linda Ikeji is very hard hearted to have gone on to release the movie. No remorse whatsoever!! Eew!

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by BRATISLAVA: 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kajaard:

Brati in the western world before such movies are done permissions are taken from the surviving family members of people to be portrayed in the movies or from the people themselves if they are still alive and some royalty paid as well e.g Ali, Pele, Maradona, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson,Michael Jackson et al. The list is endless.

In this case the families of the slain kids specifically said they don't want the movie done and never gave such permission. I am not a lawyer but I believe there are some legal loopholes the family can exploit in this case if we were in a civilized society where the law works.

Nice perspective.

If there's too much permission being taken, entertainment will suffer. Nobody ever wants the unsavory parts of their lives out there. But if nobody does it, who will?

Things like The Crown, nobody knows if permission was taken. Likewise interviews and other things that could be damaging or could bring up old wounds.

The worst the parents can do is profit from their deaths by suing them. Maybe that's their grouse, like the Mandela family.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Flamemignon1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kingpele:
Wrong to make money off people's pains...the pains of the relatives of those involved will revived and they will be traumatised over again...this is wrong
Ever since Dahmer's success on Netflix where it received a lot of backlash for profiting off the pain of his victims,y'all have been going through this false narrative,yes money will be made but it's going to spread to a greater audience than just Nigerians that knows about it
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by syntekelite(m): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
Generalwoodz:
The so called "parents" are some disgruntled peeps whom prolly wants cashout from heartwrenching story of the boys. You can't tell me Linda is doing any wrong telling the story to the world. She's not.

Linda won't bring back any memories because the memories never left.

Tragedy happens and stories are told.

The only thing they could do is maybe point out a scene that doesn't represent the life the boys lived when the movie is released.

Christopher Wallace aka Notorious BIG is a good mention.

In the movie, B.I.G was portrayed in such a way that the girl who fuccked him in real life had to call them out.

..and how will she ever portray anything true and real if she never did her research, true life story means getting the real facts from family and friends, she cld have just shot her movie without the whole sensational attachment to the aluu 4 saga and maybe pay homage at the end of the movie to the deceased. There is no way she would ever know the true details of those guys death from the beginning,its only after their deaths people knew about them, even the police dont have that info,
Meaning her movie which shld be 1hour plus will be filled with holes and lack substance..
As per the biggy movie they got almost all the major events of his life accurately cos they did their research same with the tupac movie..(family and close associates were all interviewed) you cant expect them to get the sexual part right cos no third party will be in the bedroom during intercourse,moreover the sex part of most true life stories if any are always fictionalised except the particular scene has added meaning or would portray something significant about the character..

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Ubanz: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
temitope27:
Last last the movie will be trash
Take am easy,bad belle no dey help.e de cause set back.
It can only be well with you when you wish others well.
Ur attitude smirks of bad upbringing.
Change ur attitude bro.
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Flamemignon1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kajaard:

Brati in the western world before such movies are done permissions are taken from the surviving family members of people to be portrayed in the movies or from the people themselves if they are still alive and some royalty paid as well e.g Ali, Pele, Maradona, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson,Michael Jackson et al. The list is endless.

Permissions are taken for civility purposes not that it's a must or a legal flow. The creators of Dahmer never took permission from the victims or anyone neither did the creators of house of Gucci
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Now she has premiered it.

Everyone who's been threatening fire and brimstone if she does, can go ahead and let hell loose!
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Flamemignon1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
Segzy19:
Ruthless Linda ..

Stoking up people's pain just because you wanna make money? No conscience, no ethics, no integrity...

I pity the people who call these ones celebrities and follow them on social media...

What will be special in the movie?
Yet Dahmer was successful
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by macaranta(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
This is very wicked of her . I remember that day so well, cus I was still in school when it happened .This just brought back bitter memories of that sad day. This woman is just so insensitive and greedy.

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Flamemignon1(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kajaard:

Lots of Nigerians entertainment industry in general place money over morals and empathy. Pathetic.
Not just Nigerians because the Jeffery Dahmer's biopic was super successful on Netflix despite the complaints from relatives of the victims
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by syntekelite(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... permission from the parents to make a movie on the incident? ... does she have to get permission from the killers too? Is this a money move?
I believe this is very good since it will be like a documentary and a lesson for those who are quick to pass judgement without looking into an accusation. We need more movies like these.

And what does linda know about the boys?? She shld just say she is shooting a fictitious movie not a true life story, moreover have you asked yourself what she would have paid the police and lawyers involved to get the lil info she has?? Cos it sure wont be free in this naija.. yet she cant reach out to the parents who she will be portraying their children's characters either for good or for bad , i hope you know she can be sued if she writes lies about those guys lives on tv..

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Flamemignon1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
macaranta:
This is very wicked of her . I remember that day so well, cus I was still in school when it happened .This just brought back bitter memories of that sad day. This woman is just so insensitive and greedy.

Smh
Everyone wants to be woke now,this is the same backlash Dahmer received yet y'all enjoyed titanic
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by macaranta(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
syntekelite:

..and how will she ever portray anything true and real if she never did her research, true life story means getting the real facts from family and friends, she cld have just shot her movie without the whole sensational attachment to the aluu 4 saga and maybe pay homage at the end of the movie to the deceased. There is no way she would ever know the true details of those guys death from the beginning,its only after their deaths people knew about them, even the police dont have that info,
Meaning her movie which shld be 1hour plus will be filled with holes and lack substance..
As per the biggy movie they got almost all the major events of his life accurately cos they did their research same with the tupac movie..(family and close associates were all interviewed) you cant expect them to get the sexual part right cos no third party will be in the bedroom during intercourse,moreover the sex part of most true life stories if any are always fictionalised except the particular scene has added meaning or would portray something significant about the character..

Exactly ,she won't know jack about what happened that day.From what we heard back then in school ,it was a loan recovery gone wrong .Apparently someone they went to retrieve their money from with minimal force raised a false alarm that they were thieves . Even normal thieves attacking students hostels don't go deep into communities to operate ...was a very big mix up from what we heard .

So I wonder what she thinks she knows about this issue that's making her make a movie out of it .
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by macaranta(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Everyone wants to be woke now,this is the same backlash Dahmer received yet y'all enjoyed titanic

We are Africans ,we are not Americans .There's a limit to where or what you should make money from. Even the case ,I don't think it has been successfully resolved till date.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by syntekelite(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2023
macaranta:

Exactly ,she won't know jack about what happened that day.From what we heard back then in school ,it was a loan recovery gone wrong .Apparently someone they went to retrieve their money from with minimal force raised a false alarm that they were thieves . Even normal thieves attacking students hostels don't go deep into communities to operate ...was a very big mix up from what we heard .

So I wonder what she thinks she knows about this issue that's making her make a movie out of it .

You have said it all jaree.. true life story is meant to educate, compensate and motivate.. we all heard diff rumours of what happened , even the mob that killed them dont know what happened beforehand cos they only reacted to the false alarm..so how will her movie educate and put all the lies and misinformation to bed if she didnt do her research thru family and friends..
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by blowjohn(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
MrUchenna1:
If you don't tell your story, someone else will.

That story has been told on nairaland many times.

Why do something against the wishes of the parents?

Do u know the pain they pass thru everyday?

Besides it's not like the movie will show the real story.
Imagine showing scenes that are not true cos these movies are usually as a result of people's accounts and they can be misleading atimes.

Biggie, pac and Co movies will never reveal the truth cos there will be people out there that won't want the truth out.

Now how do u want the parents to feel?

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by blowjohn(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
MrUchenna1:
If you don't tell your story, someone else will.

That story has been told on nairaland many times.

Why do something against the wishes of the parents?

Do u know the pain they pass thru everyday?

Besides it's not like the movie will show the real story.
Imagine showing scenes that are not true cos these movies are usually as a result of people's accounts and they can be misleading atimes.

Biggie, pac and Co movies will never reveal the truth cos there will be people out there that won't want the truth out. Even some police confessions were suspect.

Now how do u want the parents to feel?
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by Originalsly: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
syntekelite:

And what does linda know about the boys?? She shld just say she is shooting a fictitious movie not a true life story, moreover have you asked yourself what she would have paid the police and lawyers involved to get the lil info she has?? Cos it sure wont be free in this naija.. yet she cant reach out to the parents who she will be portraying their children's characters either for good or for bad , i hope you know she can be sued if she writes lies about those guys lives on tv..

It didn't say it was a documentary... which involves facts all around. I gather that the movie is based on the incident .... it's not hard to gather enough information to produce such a movie.... after all ... there was a whole lot of information out there. It is about the incident ... based on what happened to the boys and not about the boys.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by syntekelite(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
Originalsly:

It didn't say it was a documentary... which involves facts all around. I gather that the movie is based on the incident .... it's not hard to gather enough information to produce such a movie.... after all ... there was a whole lot of information out there. It is about the incident ... based on what happened to the boys and not about the boys.

I hope so.. it would be really traumatic for the parents watching lies being portrayed about their dead kids on national tv. Hopefully linda proves us wrong
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by iInjureHerYansh: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
One day I go tell my own stories dem go document am turn am to one of the highest grossing series in the world. Amen
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by byteem: 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kingpele:

So movie done on titanic should be stopped and movies on vietnam war should also ve banned also movies on hotel killings in mumbai and terrorist attacks in is should be banned .. those people just dey fine money .. there is nothing to hold onto just moral black mail
Re: Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere by IbileIfe: 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nollywood is 90 percent opportunism and 10 percent professionalism.
That's why Nigeria is producing more than 1000 movies annually, but not a single one is good enough to qualify for the annual Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Still On The Wedding Party / Vee Advises Laycon To Stay Away From Erica- He says He Is Not Hurting Anymore / BBNaija: Khafi To Gedoni "I Was Celibate For 8 Years After I Became Christian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.