Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer (21770 Views)

Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better / The Nine Rules To Become A Millionaire In This Present Nigeria. / Please Help Me Decide Between FIRS And Sdg's Jobs Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by GorillaApp(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
VeryWickedSimp:

Huge red flags!! ⚠️

1. It is a one man business. Trouble!!
2. He/she will owe you salary, manipulate and abuse you till you question your sanity.
3. No heirarchy nor structure which is obvious in paragraph 2 means ordinary cleaner can endear herself to the boss and Bleep you up.
4. They will not pay you anything no matter what you do. They will always find an excuse to ensure you don't ever meet up to that target and activate the salary.
5. Eventually, you will be fired or worse still, accused of stealing/fraud.

Advice: Stay where you are and keep applying. Don't contact them again, don't negotiate. The more you negotiate the more convinced you will be about their scam.

OR
You can defy me and return here to create a wailing thread in 2 months time. Just make sure to mention me so I can laugh well.

Oh you read the letter?
I didn't even read it before arriving at the conclusion that op will cry bitter tears if he port to new company.
Op, I take everything you hold dear beg you, don't go.
I don talk my own finish

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by JoeNL22(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Weyrey
Like your father abi?.....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Gbadespet(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
Abeg link up with the previous work after taking your final decision to leave.... currently jobless

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by adecz: 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
A bird in hand is worth two in
the bush...

Thread carefully and with wisdom.
Better see them face to face and
inform them of your hesitation.

Best of luck.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2023
I'm glad hnd and bsc are on the same level now.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by LORDKing001: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Presently I'm working with a company as warehouse officer, we work Monday till Saturday including public holidays. I have worked for about 7months with this company...

While working for this company, I have been applying for jobs with high pays and luckily, I got an invite from a skin care production company as an inventory manager, which I went for the interview and I did very well.

The next day, they called me that im really qualify for the job and they will like me to resume with them quickly..

Mind you, im yet to resign from this said company I'm working it, and when you want to resign you must give them three weeks notice..

This new company pay is ok and it's more closer than this place I'm working and the working days is ok too... Working days is just only Tuesday- Saturday..

Now the problem I'm having with them is that, the lady that called me (don't know if she is the hr ) Said I will b on probation for 2months and I will b paid 70% of my salary that after probation, if I meet up with what the company want, that when I will be paid my full salary and given offer letter...

Which I didn't really buy that idea because where I'm working presently, I was given offer letter before I resumed and all this was stated ( probation period and salary)and I wasn't paid 70% of my salary.. but after my probation for Three months, 5k was added to my salary anyway

NB: ( this new place is just 15k higher than this place I'm working )

But I told the lady that I will only resume if I will been given an offer letter which we didn't concluded better on phone.. but I informed the lady I will resume on Tuesday next week... Because she said I should come and talk to the person in charge..

Now I HV made my decision which I'm yet to tell them.. my decision is that... Untill I received an offer letter, dat when I will resign here and resume with them properly and I won't accept the 70% of the salary either 90percent or I should be paid in full... Because this position I'm applying for I already have over 2yrs experience.

Now the question, is it better I tell them my decision when I resume there on Tuesday since I will be talking to the person in charge or I should just sent the lady my decision via email, so as to communicate with the management and let me know their decision...

Which do you think is best to do..

The lady sent me this as written in the company hard book...

Though the salary I will be paid is above 65k

Bsc 50k?
What a country not even upto 100$ fa. Who will offend
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by AngelJennifer: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
The pay is low if its below a hundred thousand for a warehouse manager. Kindly go for retail they pay better.

OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Presently I'm working with a company as warehouse officer, we work Monday till Saturday including public holidays. I have worked for about 7months with this company...

While working for this company, I have been applying for jobs with high pays and luckily, I got an invite from a skin care production company as an inventory manager, which I went for the interview and I did very well.

The next day, they called me that im really qualify for the job and they will like me to resume with them quickly..

Mind you, im yet to resign from this said company I'm working it, and when you want to resign you must give them three weeks notice..

This new company pay is ok and it's more closer than this place I'm working and the working days is ok too... Working days is just only Tuesday- Saturday..

Now the problem I'm having with them is that, the lady that called me (don't know if she is the hr ) Said I will b on probation for 2months and I will b paid 70% of my salary that after probation, if I meet up with what the company want, that when I will be paid my full salary and given offer letter...

Which I didn't really buy that idea because where I'm working presently, I was given offer letter before I resumed and all this was stated ( probation period and salary)and I wasn't paid 70% of my salary.. but after my probation for Three months, 5k was added to my salary anyway

But I told the lady that I will only resume if I will been given an offer letter which we didn't concluded better on phone.. but I informed the lady I will resume on Tuesday next week... Because she said I should come and talk to the person in charge..

Now I HV made my decision which I'm yet to tell them.. my decision is that... Untill I received an offer letter, dat when I will resign here and resume with them properly and I won't accept the 70% of the salary either 90percent or I should be paid in full... Because this position I'm applying for I already have over 2yrs experience.

Now the question, is it better I tell them my decision when I resume there on Tuesday since I will be talking to the person in charge or I should just sent the lady my decision via email, so as to communicate with the management and let me know their decision...

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by icedbreez(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2023
Stay where u are, too many red flags
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by matrixme(m): 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
forget about the nonsense offer. Don't go and jump from frying pan to fire abeg, this is just February.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by sisisioge: 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2023
Oga....no take the offer o. Na wash.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by OLDesign1(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2023
IyaTola:
Baba! I know the company don't make that mistake to leave your present place of work

The name please?

The company is at festac

Can you state wat u know about them

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by OLDesign1(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
Thank you all for the advice
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by shurlah(m): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by letitrainnow(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
All I can say is a bird at hand is worth two in the forest.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Mrluv(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
Yungmil:
I just made 9k today collecting transfer and giving people cash. Am not even a POS operator.

I just did dis hustle after my day work oo 9k sharp chai.

Na so I order fried rice and chicken ooo

Dis country any opportunity use am.

People need cash like mad. I charge 1k for 5k
bro show me way i get some old note may plenty for hand
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by lereinter(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
Why are they foot dragging to give you offer letter and stating their conditions there

Haba, it portrays a silly place

Giving offer letter doesn't mean they can't sack you if they want to

Go meet them and see what they will say before resigning

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by lereinter(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
Mrluv:
bro show me way i get some old note may plenty for hand

Go give POS people
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Ashirioluwa: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:

Is it best when I go there on Tuesday because I have taken permission from the place I'm working presently or I should just sent the lady my decision via email

I don't understand the rationale behind paying only 70% of your salary during probation, and I don’t want you to fall for it.

Let them know that you want your full salary, either during probation or after confirming your employment.

God, the situation in this country is turning the rich into slave masters who are now taking advantage of us.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Mrluv(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
lereinter:

Go give POS people
how do i bargain with them?
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by kaylardz(m): 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
All this epistle on top 65k job

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by odimbannamdi(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by UmbrateethO4: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Weyrey
u no even fit afford data
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by konfusedgee(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
Bro don't be deceived

I was interviewed, selected and given offer letter, stating my salary and everything, signed and sealed only for them to rescind my offer that they found another more qualified candidate....

These companies do not have your interest at heart, take note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Omotakins(m): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
I don't have a long story for you. STAY WHERE YOU ARE
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by ziondaughter247: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
Believe me, I have been in such situtation and I ended up joining the new place, the biggest regret of my life!!!
This people will make your life miserable... These are redflags you shouldn't ignore...

If your are treated well in your present place, stay there and look out for better opportunites. This new place is a skincare brand, so its likely owned by a woman, trust me, you will be frustrated there and there wil not add shishi to your salary. Nothing like 70%!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Emmy000seun(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
You sabi bro, all.those private firm sabi shift goal post for them to score you
VeryWickedSimp:

Huge red flags!! ⚠️

1. It is a one man business. Trouble!!
2. He/she will owe you salary, manipulate and abuse you till you question your sanity.
3. No heirarchy nor structure which is obvious in paragraph 2 means ordinary cleaner can endear herself to the boss and Bleep you up.
4. They will not pay you anything no matter what you do. They will always find an excuse to ensure you don't ever meet up to that target and activate the salary.
5. Eventually, you will be fired or worse still, accused of stealing/fraud.

Advice: Stay where you are and keep applying. Don't contact them again, don't negotiate. The more you negotiate the more convinced you will be about their scam.

OR
You can ignore me and return here to create a wailing thread in 2 months time. Just make sure to mention me so I can laugh well.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by szudochi: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2023
Well, in my own opinion i would advise that you hold fast to the current job you have at the moment. Reason being:
1. Offer letter should be given to you which should include your TOE
2. No job of any kind should begin by offering you a percentage of your salary, which is obviously a red flag bro.
3. The lady in question should have introduced herself by her designation in the company and not leaving you to fix it. Clearly a one man business, which means you might even work as a generator technician or driver if need at some point if need be.
4. Finally, it appears that besides 30% of your salary being withheld during the probation. They would as well have the right not to pay you in full if and when you don't meet up with set targets which definitely isn't mentioned now till you start the job.

Bottom line bro: remain where you are now while you keep applying for something that is more certain without grey areas.

I wish you the best with your final decision.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Dimehook: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

It's best to communicate your decision in person when you go to the new company on Tuesday to speak with the person in charge. This will give you an opportunity to express your concerns and negotiate directly with the decision-makers. It's always better to have a direct conversation rather than relying on email or phone communication, as it can be easier to misunderstand the message or tone of an email. Additionally, you will have a chance to ask questions and receive answers in real-time, and have a better chance of finding a mutually acceptable solution. Before you go, prepare a clear and concise statement of your expectations and be ready to listen to their perspective as well. Remember to be professional and courteous in your communication.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by ObinnaValentine: 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Omo company with reputation won't be having this kind of cut and join recruitment policy

Which one "come and talk with the person in charge"

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Mpanyi: 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2023
Remain where you are. It is also possible somebody is eyeing your position and wants to see you go. Then when the new company frustrates you, you cannot come back as the person has occupied your position.

If they are serious let them give you the offer letter without all those unnecessary conditions. You should know what you are worth.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by idtiwo: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2023
There is no point going there on Tuesday. Dont make yourself too cheap for any potential employer. You are not jobless. You currently have a job,hence, there is no need for the desperation of going to their office. Communicate your terms to them via email and leave them to accept your terms or not.

I currently work in a multinational firm, last month i got an invitation for another multinational company that i knew was going to pay me higher because i applied for a higher position there. In the invitation, they requested me to come for the written test in their head office in Abuja, i replied that i was not based in Abuja and would prefer to write my test electronically where am based. They replied and said no that they would want the test to be done under their direct physical supervision. I replied them again that since they wouldnt allow online test, i would prefer to go to their branch office in the state i am and write the test in their branch office under the supervision of their staff, they still refused and said its a must i must come to Abuja for the test.
After that, I just replied them that i was declning the invitation and told them that this is 21st century and phisical test and interview in offices are no longer fashionable. I adviced their HR to be more flexible in their approach to tests and interviews.
They replied and accepted my rejection and both parties went their seperate ways.

Bros, you are working, dont be too desperate for a job whose terms of engagement are not okay by you. Send them email and make your terms known. You dont need to go there. Email communication is a formal mean of communication that is documented and its better than one on one communication that is not documented. SIMPLE

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
So you want to resigned your present place of work because of a margin of just 15k? Hmm. Baba don't leave your present place of work for just a difference of 15k except your present place of work is toxic and there is no career prospects like this current one your about to join.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Minimum Wage: FG May Sack Workers, Says Ngige / How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.