Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer (21814 Views)

Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better / The Nine Rules To Become A Millionaire In This Present Nigeria. / Please Help Me Decide Between FIRS And Sdg's Jobs Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by BlueDuck: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Presently I'm working with a company as warehouse officer, we work Monday till Saturday including public holidays. I have worked for about 7months with this company...

While working for this company, I have been applying for jobs with high pays and luckily, I got an invite from a skin care production company as an inventory manager, which I went for the interview and I did very well.

The next day, they called me that im really qualify for the job and they will like me to resume with them quickly..

Mind you, im yet to resign from this said company I'm working it, and when you want to resign you must give them three weeks notice..

This new company pay is ok and it's more closer than this place I'm working and the working days is ok too... Working days is just only Tuesday- Saturday..

Now the problem I'm having with them is that, the lady that called me (don't know if she is the hr ) Said I will b on probation for 2months and I will b paid 70% of my salary that after probation, if I meet up with what the company want, that when I will be paid my full salary and given offer letter...

Which I didn't really buy that idea because where I'm working presently, I was given offer letter before I resumed and all this was stated ( probation period and salary)and I wasn't paid 70% of my salary.. but after my probation for Three months, 5k was added to my salary anyway

NB: ( this new place is just 15k higher than this place I'm working )

But I told the lady that I will only resume if I will been given an offer letter which we didn't concluded better on phone.. but I informed the lady I will resume on Tuesday next week... Because she said I should come and talk to the person in charge..

Now I HV made my decision which I'm yet to tell them.. my decision is that... Untill I received an offer letter, dat when I will resign here and resume with them properly and I won't accept the 70% of the salary either 90percent or I should be paid in full... Because this position I'm applying for I already have over 2yrs experience.

Now the question, is it better I tell them my decision when I resume there on Tuesday since I will be talking to the person in charge or I should just sent the lady my decision via email, so as to communicate with the management and let me know their decision...

Which do you think is best to do..

The lady sent me this as written in the company hard book...

Though the salary I will be paid is above 65k

Stay where you are dude those new guys sound like corporate scammers
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Bugie16: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2023
Lionstep:
Ok..... not related to the topic though, but may God keep helping me because, I don't think 🤔 I'll ever wanna work for anyone in the name of salary . Not even for 500k
Boss show us way.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by DLuciano: 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:

Is it best when I go there on Tuesday because I have taken permission from the place I'm working presently or I should just sent the lady my decision via email
Go there in person and discuss it amicably with them. If you are practically ok for the job, probation shouldn't be a thing of fear especially if it favors you. No risk, no success!
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by ucheuzor1(m): 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
My advice is that your stick with your current job that gives you security except the environment is toxic.

Why will someone pay you only 70% of your salary until probation is complete. That's bullshit. Don't look desperate bro, atleast you've got a job you're doing.

But this life no balance o. Why will a job that pays less than 100k be giving such conditions.

I will advice you try seeking for higher paying job. These 100k jobs are not worth it except it's a place where you know that the skill you are going to get will pave way for a better paying job.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by odimbannamdi(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Presently I'm working with a company as warehouse officer, we work Monday till Saturday including public holidays. I have worked for about 7months with this company...

While working for this company, I have been applying for jobs with high pays and luckily, I got an invite from a skin care production company as an inventory manager, which I went for the interview and I did very well.

The next day, they called me that im really qualify for the job and they will like me to resume with them quickly..

Mind you, im yet to resign from this said company I'm working it, and when you want to resign you must give them three weeks notice..

This new company pay is ok and it's more closer than this place I'm working and the working days is ok too... Working days is just only Tuesday- Saturday..

Now the problem I'm having with them is that, the lady that called me (don't know if she is the hr ) Said I will b on probation for 2months and I will b paid 70% of my salary that after probation, if I meet up with what the company want, that when I will be paid my full salary and given offer letter...

Which I didn't really buy that idea because where I'm working presently, I was given offer letter before I resumed and all this was stated ( probation period and salary)and I wasn't paid 70% of my salary.. but after my probation for Three months, 5k was added to my salary anyway

But I told the lady that I will only resume if I will been given an offer letter which we didn't concluded better on phone.. but I informed the lady I will resume on Tuesday next week... Because she said I should come and talk to the person in charge..

Now I HV made my decision which I'm yet to tell them.. my decision is that... Untill I received an offer letter, dat when I will resign here and resume with them properly and I won't accept the 70% of the salary either 90percent or I should be paid in full... Because this position I'm applying for I already have over 2yrs experience.

Now the question, is it better I tell them my decision when I resume there on Tuesday since I will be talking to the person in charge or I should just sent the lady my decision via email, so as to communicate with the management and let me know their decision...

I commend your efforts in looking for better opportunities. Your efforts will definitely pay off sooner than you imagined.

On no condition should you take up a job without an offer letter. It is the contractual document that shows you are legally employed by your employer. In the event that your employer attempts to play pranks on you, the offer letter gives you the right and backing to seek legal redress.

Ensure the letter is communicated via mail and duly signed, and have ALL communications only via mail for future reference, in the case of an eventuality. Even when discussions happen over call, send a mail after the call, summarizing what was discussed. And upon your resumption, come along with the offer letter and let them acknowledge it to be sure it emanated from them.

But i don't think taking up this new offer will be a good move. That clause about salaries being paid on the 1st of every new month is quite out of place, assuming your current place pays within the usual end of month timeline. Also, the extra 15k is not commensurate with the tremendous responsibilities you will now be saddled with as an inventory manager. The company gives off the vibes as a place where you will be paying for losses every month.

Wishing you all the very best in your career

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by GloriousGbola: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
A company offering you instant employment is a red flag. I advise against it.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by TheMostComplex1: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
mosaicafrique:
Manager 65,000 it's obvious it's a one man business. You can no dictate or change their company policy. Accept it or leave it. But in case you are hungry for real money and you stay in Ojo area of Lagos.

If you can do sales with leadway Assurance company send your CV to s-sufiyanu@leadway.com

Don't work with an insurance company except you don't already have anything doing. Marketing insurance lol. I worked with Leadway and I know someone that worked there for over 10 yrs & how badly they treated him
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by mechanics(m): 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Keep the job you have now, what if you leave for the new job and later said your services are not needed, think wisely.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by ezewealth(m): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2023
Imagine a bsc holder doing the job of 50k, in this inflation infested era. Me way dey chop mama put 2k plus everyday, plus I go buy bread of 900h, I spend not less than 5k everyday, imagine I do 50k monthly, plus this new money wahala way pos dey chop ppl head in the name of charge. Mehn is really cold out there o
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Chisave: 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Mrluv:
how do i bargain with them?

Don't give it to POS people oo. They will not buy it well because they too want to make their own profit.

Check all the POS around you and know how much they charge for 5k and 10k withdrawal. You will make yours a bit lesser so it can move fast. Lets say they charge 1k for every 10k, you charge 800. If they charge 2k for 10k, you charge 1500 or 1700

Once you know that go close to any bank ATM that is not paying or market and tell people you have cash
They will transfer for you while you give them cash.

As things are now, even if you have 500k,it will finish in 3 hours
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Cutehector(m): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
Manager 65k..

Pls go and do bank work abeg.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Emma1Oj(m): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Don't quit your present job.. ignore this coming one, hey get y. Any job dey rush u in, u will rush out. It's not a good job. What happened to the person there before. I've never heard of 2month probational period before.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by flourishing247: 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
Yungmil:
I just made 9k today collecting transfer and giving people cash. Am not even a POS operator.

I just did dis hustle after my day work oo 9k sharp chai.

Na so I order fried rice and chicken ooo

Dis country any opportunity use am.

People need cash like mad. I charge 1k for 5k

No be wickedness like this? Imagine 1k for 5k.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Gilgil: 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
Please stay where you are working currently.

This new one doesn't sound good.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Uniquekriss(m): 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
Stay where you are, as you grow the place becomes more convenient for you. 15k is too small for you to leave where u have been used to. By now u are already confirmed, you can apply for leave if you need time for anything
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by viodemus: 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
It's a little confusing to me on the employer's part, but I assume their actions intent is retainment driven, but I think they are wrong about their strategy.

You are right in demanding for your agreed pay in full, afterall they pay you after you work at an agreed time. The employer need to do a good job of retaining, training, choosing, continuous association with an partner employee. It is their own home work to do, but the employee will need to be able to add value by learning and fitting in to the goal of the organization.

They need to pay you your money in full, they should try to owe you for cycles of period, after which you get paid.

The problem is that many people jump into business and not ready to do the work that comes with running the business, things like building trust, studying the business, knowing the business to a higher percentage, etc Am not just talking about a basic buying and selling business that does not require intense knowledge like a provision store, even though there are buying and selling that requires more knowledge(maybe not an expert) like pharmacy/auto/parts/aero/restaurants etc Then skilled job like mechanics/electrical/ plumbing/ construction etc Then service jobs that can comprise of skilled and sales jobs.
people don't understand their position or aim, it even affects their hiring effects of the goal. Everyone wants to be boss including the people you are employing. They just fail to see that and make the right adjustments to their goals.

No mind the drift, you are right in your request.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
Work where you will have a peace of mind and prompt payment of salary not a company where the pay is higher but there is no peace salary is paid late.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by phatnpretty(f): 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2023
Red flags in all their terms and conditions. Run with your two legs. It's definitely a one man man business. If you dare take that job, you would be frustrated at work with rules upon rules, owing salary, slashing your salary and insults. But if you insist, you would learn the hard way. Someone said he know the company in the comments that you shouldn't take the job. You should contact him for more information about the company.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by baruzeez(m): 12:14am On Feb 05, 2023
I don't even trust an employer that can pay BSC 50k in current day Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by unyted(m): 12:35am On Feb 05, 2023
This doesn't look like a good offer. Do NOT start a job before you are issued an offer letter. Also, don't accept the 70% offer. Anything below 100% is not good enough. The N65K gross pay is NOT even good enough.

Continue your job search and learn new skills e.g. IT skills - Power BI, SQL etc. You should be aiming for a job that will offer you at least double or triple the N65K. Try multinationals - PZ, P&G, Dangote, Banks, Consulting (PwC, KPMG) etc. Don't settle for less.

When I started work about 12 years ago, my monthly pay was about N100K. Now, with inflation, 65K is probably worth only N15K, 12 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I was never satisfied with the N100K, because I know some of my mates in Shell and the likes were earning N700K (12 years ago). I aspired for more pay! Now I want you to dream big, and go for a BIG job.

Finally, don't bother to go there in person - just send an email to them! Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by sonssyo: 4:20am On Feb 05, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Don't go this place, what kind of working environment with uncertainty be this?
Why do you want to leave your current place of work without fulfilling the terms and conditions
To me, you have not gotten any better offer, this is not encouraging
If you are in the east , maybe I may need your CV for my perusal
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Rogerss(m): 4:40am On Feb 05, 2023
I hope you read this. Do not accept the offer.

What ever the condition is should be written on an offer letter.

Such company might not even pay you as there is no documentation of an offer.

Also ask around if they usually pay workers.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by JADESOLA15: 5:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Any organization that won't send offer letter after you have spoken to HR on the phone about them giving you the Job should never be taken serious. Then modulated salary again? Only allowances should be attached to performance and not your base salary. If you like yourself, you better stay put at your current job. This new place will sack you and nothing and you will regret leaving your job for them.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by TRANQ: 6:18am On Feb 05, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Dont resign till you have an offer letter in your hand
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Anonymoususher: 6:25am On Feb 05, 2023
That skincare company for me seems more like a scam company.

If you are changing jobs there are prospects you must look at.

1. Skincare companies tend to run out of business once a new product enters the market(ladies go dump them)

2. You see that 15k add up isn't worth it, changing job should at least give you 50% increase of your present pay.

Hope you have assessed the staffs in the company to check whether their skin is fresh like what they sell? Before that Tuesday, lurk around the company, meet 1 or 2 staffs and ask questions about the company and how many years they have stayed.

If they lied to you that the company is good, their clothes and skin will reveal whether they are well paid or not.

Lastly, to get the job, cook up a lie that will excuse you from your present job for one or two weeks. Go work in your new place for that period.

That one week should be enough for you to gather enough intelligence and decide whether there is better than the old place

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by IyaTola: 6:52am On Feb 05, 2023
OLDesign1:

The name please?

The company is at festac

Can you state wat u know about them
You no dey hear word abi, oya leave your present company and join them.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Horllad4229: 7:01am On Feb 05, 2023
Anyway, congratulations.
You must communicate your decision through email as it might be late once you resume meanwhile, I do not see The reason why you are accepting the offer with just difference of 15k.
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by Simeonjoe1: 7:14am On Feb 05, 2023
JoeNL22:
Reach out to this man below. He will decide for you. God bless you as you Heed to his advice.

Dey play
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by ashewoboy(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2023
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

It's a toxic work environment. Stay where you are now.
Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by trudpo: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2023
Never resign from your current place of work without having your offer letter from the skin care company. They can always issue you an offer then give you a confirmation letter after 2 months of probation. Then, also don't accept 70% of salary. Don't mention it to your current company HR or even anyone until everything has been fully agreed and documented with your new place. My 2 cents.
OLDesign1:
Hello nairalander

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by trudpo: 7:23am On Feb 05, 2023
You're wise. 15k addition is not worth it. No offer letter. From experience, this is another scam company with an ineffective HR.
Anonymoususher:
That skincare company for me seems more like a scam company.

If you are changing jobs there are prospects you must look at.

1. Skincare companies tend to run out of business once a new product enters the market(ladies go dump them)

2. You see that 15k add up isn't worth it, changing job should at least give you 50% increase of your present pay.

Hope you have assessed the staffs in the company to check whether their skin is fresh like what they sell? Before that Tuesday, lurk around the company, meet 1 or 2 staffs and ask questions about the company and how many years they have stayed.

If they lied to you that the company is good, their clothes and skin will reveal whether they are well paid or not.

Lastly, to get the job, cook up a lie that will excuse you from your present job for one or two weeks. Go work in your new place for that period.

That one week should be enough for you to gather enough intelligence and decide whether there is better than the old place

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer by fawaz050(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2023
Revolution2022:
Work where you will have a peace of mind and prompt payment of salary not a company where the pay is higher but there is no peace salary is paid late.

I can relate. Where I used to work befor, pay was high but meehn, no peace of mind and salary na always on God. Cos our Unit Lead will just find one thing you did wrong and tell HR to hold your salary. Every other unit knows how much work we put in and they were even poaching me to join them as I am a hard worker, but My Oga did not allow the transfer and she does not appreciate our efforts. Na so God open another way oo. The salary is substantially lower, but mehn peace of mind boku, remote working options and all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dear 2017 Pre-selected Applicant, Good Evening, Please See The News Below. Ki / N-power: How To Solve "Transaction Failed, Please Try Again Later" Issue / 4 Professional Reasons Your CV May Not Get You A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.