Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. (1807 Views)

Difference Between Website Design, Front End And Back End Development / How Can I Get A Remote Back End Job / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Devdevdev(f): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2023
Please this is a serious thread and I'll appreciate responses.

I've been learning Front-End web development for 4 months now and I've made a lot of progress. Recently I tried to learn some back end with Nodejs, Express and MongoDB just to get some exposure, but I've realized it's not for me at all. Its so boring and I hate every bit of it. It literally puts me to sleep everytime.

I spend hours working on Front end projects and I enjoy every minute of it, but backend is like a chore.

Since it is apparent that frontend is my calling, can I possibly become a successful Front-End developer? Are there really opportunities for beginner frontend devs? I've been told that adding backend languages to your stack improves the possibility of you being hired, but it's clear I hate backend and would hate a job as a backend developer.

What's your advice for me?

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:03am On Feb 04, 2023
This is so me. My advice for you would be to go deep on front end. Learn things like WSAM, webgl, threejs. They are much more intuitive as they involve a lot of maths especially on the frontend.

8 Likes

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Devdevdev(f): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
This is so me. My advice for you would be to go deep on front end. Learn things like WSAM, webgl, threejs. They are much more intuitive as they involve a lot of maths especially on the frontend.

Thanks for the advice. But is frontend lucrative enough to build a life time career on? Seems the big checks are for Backend developement.
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2023
Devdevdev:

Thanks for the advice. But is frontend lucrative enough to build a life time career on? Seems the big checks are for Backend developement.

It is lol. There's a lot with regards to frontend.
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by emmyN(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2023
I think you need to give yourself time. I read you are four months in, and for that time frame you seem to be doing amazingly well considering the issues you have posted on here. With picking a stack, there should be no rush as you need enough time to assimilate one material before moving to the next. If the backend is giving you a tough time, let it go for now and come back to it later. Most of what you would be doing on the backend are CRUD operations, authentication and authorization, database management and API creation. Most of these codes are reusable and you just have to tailor them to meet your need. It's easy, just don't stress about it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Deicide: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2023
Back end is the best everything is straightforward, with frontend I always get headaches.

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2023
Deicide:
Back end is the best everything is straightforward, with frontend I always get headaches.
Same here
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Devdevdev(f): 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
emmyN:
I think you need to give yourself time. I read you are four months in, and for that time frame you seem to be doing amazingly well considering the issues you have posted on here. With picking a stack, there should be no rush as you need enough time to assimilate one material before moving to the next. If the backend is giving you a tough time, let it go for now and come back to it later. Most of what you would be doing on the backend are CRUD operations, authentication and authorization, database management and API creation. Most of these codes are reusable and you just have to tailor them to meet your need. It's easy, just don't stress about it.

Thanks. Would you advise I focus on the front end for now to get a job, or should I learn give myself time and learn the backend before applying for jobs?
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
Each malam with their kettle.

Most backend guys found FE boring and tough so we ran to BE.

Checkout Firebase.

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by stanliwise(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
Devdevdev:

I've been learning Front-End web development for 4 months now and I've made a lot of progress. Recently I tried to learn some back end with Nodejs, Express and MongoDB just to get some exposure, but I've realized it's not for me at all. Its so boring and I hate every bit of it. It literally puts me to sleep everytime.

I spend hours working on Front end projects and I enjoy every minute of it, but backend is like a chore.

Since it is apparent that frontend is my calling, can I possibly become a successful Front-End developer? Are there really opportunities for beginner frontend devs? I've been told that adding backend languages to your stack improves the possibility of you being hired, but it's clear I hate backend and would hate a job as a backend developer.

A working app don't give a f*uck if you're backend or frontend. It has to work, everyone needs to have the knowledge of fullstack and operate at a capacity of fullstack but you don't need to professionally work as fullstack. Infact I advice strongly against such moves.

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by nnamdiosu(m): 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
Devdevdev:

If I lecture you on backend, not only will you love it, you'll build a profitable career out of it.
Dm me
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by jbreezy: 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
Devdevdev:

Lol…just hold on to what interests you and know it really well. Backend engineers find frontend stuff boring and scary too, so it’s a normal feeling. And yes, picking up a career in frontend is a very lucrative path, so far you are solid with it.
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Csami(m): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2023
You no sabi am!

Go learn PHP to understand backend

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by LikeAking: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
😠😠

I tire for ur mata..
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by DissTroy(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
If yoy started off as a designer (graphic or UI) before going into programming, backend would be boring.

Frontend is very visual. I love user interfaces and experiences. To enjoy it, you have to become fullstack. The backend being necessary to do what you love to see in the frontend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by truthCoder: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
@devdevdev

When you start consuming APIs properly and start building dynamic apps, you would start loving backend.

Whilst you can be a frontend dev, you still need to understand how your app interacts with the backend.

It is boring because you have not gotten the hang.

Build an app that allows user registration, sign on and storage, update and delete of unique todos for each user. The data must be persistent and your server must be stateless. Once you are done with the project, you can revisit this topic.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by SavageBoy: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It is lol. There's a lot with regards to frontend.

Hi tensa, what about one choosing to specialize in front end + UI/UX? How do you see that combination?
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2023
SavageBoy:

Hi tensa, what about one choosing to specialize in front end + UI/UX? How do you see that combination?
If you can handle both but theres a lot of things to learn with regards to frontend and be good at it.

2 Likes

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by arejibadz(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2023
haha css made me leave front-end for backend.....i cant be scratching my head on how to center a div
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
arejibadz:
haha css made me leave front-end for backend.....i cant be scratching my head on how to center a div

You'd find Css a lot easier if u make time out to understand positioning and Display

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by emmyN(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
Devdevdev:

Thanks. Would you advise I focus on the front end for now to get a job, or should I learn give myself time and learn the backend before applying for jobs?

Yes, since it piques your interest better. You can research tools like webpack, gulp, sass, and others that can help you write better and more efficient codes. But ultimately having a backend portfolio would broaden your horizon. I think you know enough to start applying for jobs.

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by HassieMalcomson(f): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
It sounds good that you came up with a serious question. Both frontend and backend development have great significance in the programming world. Although I love backend development but if you like working on the client side of an application, it is also great. UI/UX has great value in the success of an application, and I recommend you learn all in-demand front-end technologies, including HTML, CSS, React, and Vue.js. The yearly salary of an average frontend developer is around $112,277, which is a good thing.

But you should make sure you are the best in your field. On the contrary, there are several services available to manage your backend. Likewise, you can choose cloud computing solutions like IaaS, BaaS, or PaaS to manage your server-side resources, networking, authentication, and database management. You can simply utilize sources like this https://blog.back4app.com/backend-infrastructure/#How_to_create_a_backend_infrastructure to create your backend infrastructure through a BaaS vendor and emphasize frontend development.

Firebase, AWS Amplify, and Backendless could be reliable solutions to deal with the backend of an application. However, it would be great if you would have some knowledge about backend technologies like NodeJS, PHP, Python, Django, RoR, and ExpressJS in hand.
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by MindHacker9009(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
Learning database development will make you enjoy them 50/50. Take this forum for example all posts on the front-end are either stored to the backend database or retrieved from the backend database to be displayed to the user using SQL Joins. To be a full-stack developer that enjoys both 50/50 then you must have a very good understanding of SQL Joins and when to use them. Here is where a degree in core Software Engineering or Computer Science with database development is king as you will be taught all the different SQL Joins and how and when to use them.

1. Join
2. Left Inner join
3. Right Outer join
4. Full Join
5. Cross Join
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by tollyboy5(m): 1:03am On Nov 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Hello bro, i think that threejs na 4 3d. Can i use it for web game?
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by telim: 3:44am On Nov 11, 2023
But front end is difficult especially when dealing with css positioning, padding and margin and other css parameters . Backend is logical and straightforward as for frontend i use an Indian freelancer.
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by yinkeys(m): 4:58am On Nov 11, 2023
telim:
But front end is difficult especially when dealing with css positioning, padding and margin and other css parameters . Backend is logical and straightforward as for frontend i use an Indian freelancer.
Ever heard of gamma dot app
Check online
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by yinkeys(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2023
What I did
1. W3schools Python course is great but there are some methods you wont find or know exists in this concise course while working with strings or locating a value in a string .eg. .rjust(), isintance(), .capitalize(), .endswith(), .startswith(), .rfind() etc. I found in the book below

2. Beginning Programming with Python for Dummies by John Meuller

The boring path I intend taking
Machine Learning & Web Development
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Unbiased1: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
tollyboy5:

Hello bro, i think that threejs na 4 3d. Can i use it for web game?

ThreeJS is the most popular library for 3D gaming on the web. It requires lots of maths but I know that won't be hard for you. ThreeJS allows you to bring in real 3D object modelled in standard 3D software like Blender and Maya and use them in your website or for building web based games.

1 Like

Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by Slimdan360: 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2023
telim:
Na the same CSS wen dey easy to learn and implement you dey talk so?
Re: Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. by atesunate16(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2023
Devdevdev:

Hi sis, it’s fine.

You’ve only spent 4 months right?

I believe there are still a lot to learn in Frontend

Stay there, learn thoroughly, become an authority. Gigs and jobs will be after you

You don’t need to dive into Backend for now

Just understand the frontend very well, understand how to integrate APIs

By the time you are done with this, when you dive into Backend you’ll understand how sweet it is

Personally, I’m comfortable with Backend than Frontend

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Adverts - Advertising Or Cost / In Need Of A Proffesional To Design Software For Supermarket / Where Can I Buy An Investment Script Compatible With Wordpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.