Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This (1713 Views)

Ohaneze This Isn't Time To Rant. Meet Fellow Southerners And Agree On One Candid / Before You Cast The Ballot By Umurhohwo / Nigerians, Remember This Before You Cast That Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Xchii: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'm yoruba. Please stop linking people to any tribe without asking them first. Tnx.

On the day LP also staged a rally here in Lag, some thugs attacked LP supporters at oshodi. It was bloody. In zamfara, Katsina, Kaduna, they stoned Atiku's convoy too. There are thugs in every tribe , mainly instigated by all these politicians. So, Pa Awo's case wasn't an exception
Shameless Edo miscreant, you'll never be us.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Xchii: 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Exclusive101:
So stoning Awolowo,Igbo moving motion to anul June 12, not voting the best candidate out of hate n bigotry for the Yoruba is OK to your wretched soul n you claim to be a Yoruba. You have to be mad Tru n Tru to make such senseless comment really.

Don't bother yourself about the hypocrite, he's Edo not yoruba, one of the Edo miscreants ashamed of their identity.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Eriokanmi: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
Xchii:
Shameless Edo miscreant, you'll never be us.
I'm yoruba 100% believe that or not. Who are the us exactly?
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by MadamExcellency: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
Atiku Abubakar said if the presidency particularly APC is micro-zoned to the Southeast after the meeting of Southern Governors in Ondo and the expanded declaration in Asaba, Delta State, he will not contest but alas that didn't happen because of the ambition of one man.

If the presidency remains in the North after Buhari, blame Bola Ahmed Tinubu squarely for the mess.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Xchii: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'm yoruba 100% believe that or not. Who are the us exactly?
Shift abeg, you'll never be Yoruba, be proud of your Edo heritage. Werey
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Eriokanmi: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2023
Xchii:
Shift abeg, you'll never be Yoruba, be proud of your Edo heritage. Werey
who's this kid, full of insults? grin. Smh! Much ado about nothing. Stop crying pls

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Truthisunique2: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
dirtydiva:
So na Wike program the BVAS device huh? Wike wey dey form gods of River state yet dey provide logistics for LP. The same man he mocked during PDP presidential primaries in Anambra state was the one he is inviting to come and commission project for him. Egbon miracle no dey tire Jesus.

On your name Peter Obi shall I build a New and prosperous nation which no man, race or nation will challenge and in you shall I have my glory
Adaobi still dey him kneels begging wike to give him president while he trades the lp guber man

But make we agree say na you know pass your Adaobi savior

The latest now be say wike when lule don tell him followers say any politician when nor support new naira na their candidate
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by WhizdomXX(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
Truthisunique2:
grin I no follow you argue o

You can even be putting obi abi tinubu pic in your house because alot of una don agree never to accept reality

But it seems wike that shout pass you is also seeing reality say atiku matter pass what the eyes can see
I'm actually laughing. You seem like a nice person but the truth is Atiku doesn't care about us.
Vote Labour.

Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by WhizdomXX(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Atiku Abubakar said if the presidency particularly APC is micro-zoned to the Southeast after the meeting of Southern Governors in Ondo and the expanded declaration in Asaba, Delta State, he will not contest but alas that didn't happen because of the ambition of one man.

If the presidency remains in the North after Buhari, blame Bola Ahmed Tinubu squarely for the mess.
You believe Atiku? Do you also believe Okowa who was the host of the Asaba declaration? Or you believe the APC governor's that said power must return to the south?
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Truthisunique2: 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
WhizdomXX:

I'm actually laughing. You seem like a nice person but the truth is Atiku doesn't care about us.
Vote Labour.
na PDP from bottom top o,

Even your Adaobi is coming back to PDP, it pain me say he didn't get VP that time from oga atiku

But don't worry we would give him chief of staff
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by MadamExcellency: 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2023
WhizdomXX:

You believe Atiku? Do you also believe Okowa who was the host of the Asaba declaration? Or do you believe the APC governor's that said power must return to the south?

We only have the South together when the Southwest is asking for a favour.

The meeting intended to prepare for Tinubu's lifelong ambition hence the foundation was faulty from inception.

We all know that Southeast, North Central and Northeast haven't tasted the presidency since return to democracy in 1999 while the Southwest had done both President and Vice President and should be seen pushing for President of Nigeria from Southeast in support of the South but alas it was all about greed.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
Truthisunique2:
Adaobi still dey him kneels begging wike to give him president while he trades the lp guber man

But make we agree say na you know pass your Adaobi savior

The latest now be say wike when lule don tell him followers say any politician when nor support new naira na their candidate
And na Wike dey command them on who to vote abi! Atimes I wonder how you reason self. How can one man with one vote command millions of people in his state to vote for who heis choice is? Even as Tinubu claim that if he sleep SW sleep, if he wokes SW wokes no mean say he can command them. He can boost on social media but he can't influence anybody be it civil servants to vote who no like New naira note.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Luu40: 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2023
Eriokanmi:
No offence and I expect everyone to
also try and be as civil as I am. Tinubu would have honestly been able to go far in this election but for his shaky popularity in the south. Maybe you're from the south west as myself. I live in lagos. The result of 2019 elections in the south west alone is a proof of his popularity. You may say this time the apc would get more votes cos a yorubaman is running but, those who voted in 2019 in which the pdp had a clear second position im SW weren't gbosts. If they so loved Tinubu and his party, I expected the apc to have won massively in 2019. We tge then apc supporters had thought the presidency would come from the south west after buhari since 2015 after the merger but we didn't guess who that person would be. FYI, I campaigned for buhari and God is my witness. I liked him personally but he disappointed me.

Considering the above narrative, it's expected that apc would win massively in 2019 but it didn't happen in the south west. The zamfara and katsina results alone swallowed the entire south west polls in favour of buhari back then. Even here in lagos, osinbajo and sanwoolu lost their polling units to the pdp.

To those pdp supporters leaning on the past glory, the narrative has changed in the south now. The major reason atiku won so massively in the south was because of Peter Obi running with him and secondly cos of the apc's misrule. None of their 2015 promises came to fulfilment. The 3m annual jobs, improved education, security, economy, Healthcare, etc. Buhari even promised stopping political office holders from going abroad for medical treatment but what has happened today? 65% of our medics had left Nigeria. Buhari who made that promise is number one beneficiary of overseas Medical treatment.

We just concluded that these people were deceiving us. This time around, the narrative had changed greatly because there's no block votes for any of the candidates. Kwakwanso had said he wouldn't step down for atiku so he'd share the northern votes with him and most likely spoil the show for him. I agree with you, Tinubu would get some votes in the north but every core northerner would first think of their own out of sentiments. Down south we crave integrity above sentiments to a great extent but over there, they don't care and I don't expect the majority of them changing this time. Imagine atiku saying north needs a northern president and not a Southern president like tinubu or obi. What does that suggest to you?...and he expects votes from same south ? Out of the abundance of the heart, a mouth speaks. Good luck to all the candidates.

Well said.
I'm from Kebbi.

Some of us like Tinubu - because of Lagos, and the belief that power should shift south. But most pepole prefer Atiku - not for anything serious. No clearly stated objectives, no track record - just a sheer hate for Buhari and APC.

A good number of my friends now are saying they're not even going to come out and vote. They'll just stay at home come the D-Day.

But Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are big factors, especially the former. With his wit and penny-pinching style of leadership.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Luu40: 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
Truthisunique2:
let me just clarify something to you today

Ethnicity have a lot to do in this country especially when Nigeria can never be one

The igbos scamming people with Adaobi noise queued up for the same "thief" atiku because their son was Vp

So why should north fall for the gimmick that something is bad with same atiku that was the best after slice bread to igbos in 2019

Every candidate is ethnically going for their people interest but only igbos want you to think otherwise

Hey man! Most people from my place are unemployed. A job of N30,000 is very romanticised by most graduates.

Sometimes Nigeria is no longer our problem around here - many have lost loved ones to insecurity, many haven't seen the presence of government for many years.

All they do, I mean all they do now is to cling onto a local politician who knows people up there who can buy them government jobs.

I just hope this depression goes down very soon and Nigeria changes for the better.

Most of us are just going to vote, just for voting sake, not because a glimmer of hope lies ahead in the tunnel.
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Truthisunique2: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2023
dirtydiva:
And na Wike dey command them on who to vote abi! Atimes I wonder how you reason self. How can one man with one vote command millions of people in his state to vote for who heis choice is? Even as Tinubu claim that if he sleep SW sleep, if he wokes SW wokes no mean say he can command them. He can boost on social media but he can't influence anybody be it civil servants to vote who no like New naira note.
unlike like you I don't think with my emotions

I am very aware of the extent wike can go and where he can't.

Me and Adaobi are not deceived by ipob noise, na why Adaobi beg wike to give him rivers

Wike has thousands special assistant alone, so how many people dey vote again

Wike can get 25% for the unirating machine, but I know say where he fit see 25% for apc, we sef go get 30% above for PDP

Dey play
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2023
Truthisunique2:
unlike like you I don't think with my emotions

I am very aware of the extent wike can go and where he can't.

Me and Adaobi are not deceived by ipob noise, na why Adaobi beg wike to give him rivers

Wike has thousands special assistant alone, so how many people dey vote again

Wike can get 25% for the unirating machine, but I know say where he fit see 25% for apc, we sef go get 30% above for PDP

Dey play
You dey reason like small pikin. I m done with you
Re: My Fellow Southerners Before You Cast That Ballot, Think About This by mrvitalis(m): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Truthisunique2:
Una go open mouth dey talk from emotions

Have you taken time to visit the average BBC hausa Facebook page just to see raw average northerners opinions aside one sided propaganda you receive, or some apc paid rally

If you do, you would consistently see that Atiku and Kwanwanso is the candidate of the north and choice of north

Nobody measure tinubu or obi, what we await is the stepping down of kwanwanso now for atiku

Let Yoruba and Igbo share south

Should that happen Nigeria you know is over

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Rigging Ongoing In Apapa Lagos After Obi Won With A Landslide / Asari Dokunbo: Releasing Kanu Is Rewarding Criminality / Nigeria Vs Niger Republic W@r: 3 Things To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.