Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Do Old Couples look Alike? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Old Couples look Alike? (1267 Views)

Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by damoche07(m): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2007
Have you noticed that couples who live together for a long time tend to look alike? My grandparents really looked alike when i grew up to know them.My parents seem to be looking more alike with time.

Is it just a coincidence?     Is this true for a majority of couples?     Or you think i need to see an optician?
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by cammax7(m): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2007
You know thats so true. I've noticed the same thing too and I've always wondered why it is that way. Maybe years of being together has knit spirit, soul and even body together
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
It's not coincidence, i guess it's the trueness of two flesh becoming one. Most old couples do look like, e.g. each time i look at the pics of Pastor Adeboye and his wife, it's like they're related cousins or a brother & sister relationship. undecided wink They so much look alike. It's lovely! It's the work of God, ma brother. 1+1=1

though, it isn't true for all couples, but the ones that look alike are fascinating. wink kiss
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by yogun(f): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2007
according to d yoruba adage "te'we ba pe lara oshe, im moo do'she ni" simply means "d longer d leaf stays on d soap, d grter d chance of becomig soap itself"
get d gist
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by CrazyMan(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2007
It's natural. You know they've been married for so long, and the blood that moves in the system of the man is the same blood that moves in the woman due to constant sexual intercourse. So with time, you would begin to notice that they look alike.
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by Amigoz(f): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2007
I agree with everyone's opinion.

I also think that the children also bring out the resemblance in the parents, cos you can see the parents through the children.
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by LadyGodiva(f): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2007
it's because they've been copying each other's facial expressions for years and lines have formed as a result.
In psychology it's called 'mirroring.' They mirror each other's expressions subconsciously to create a sense of intimacy
Re: Why Do Old Couples look Alike? by McDoe(m): 8:58am On Sep 10, 2007
@LadyGodiva, u seem to make genuine point. however, I am just getting to know this sha

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me With Candid Advices: / Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. / Who Will Be The Only Person You'd Save In This Scenario?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.