Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past (2093 Views)

Every Shocking Evidence I Have Found For The Past 11 Years (photos Included) / Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Mercisharelove(f): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Never get upset when you hear about your partner‘s past.what matters is now.

You are together now. This is what counts. Now that he‘s met you. Never let his/her past repeat again.

Help them build a better now which translate into future. Hallelujah.

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Kimo21(m): 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
Well unfortunately that's not really the reality right now...e get some kind past wey you no fit overlook...if you doubt just notice how men dont end up marrying the ladies they've slept with or clubbed with.

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by HopeVictor(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
The past counts very much

5 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Bluezy13(m): 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Must be coming from a woman.

12 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by PrimeWatermark: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2023
Mercisharelove:

You are together now. This is what counts. Now that he‘s met you. Never let his/her past repeat again.

Dey Play
The past matters a lot.

6 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
🙃🙃🙃 I disagree.
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Mercisharelove(f): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
Why
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by dabonny(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
Even in a teaching profession when preparing a lesson note, I could remember there is a column for " previous knowledge" which means you move from KNOWN to UNKNOWN.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Qatar2022: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Mercisharelove:

After prostituting and destroying your life you don't want me to care about your past so that you can destroy me too

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Qatar2022: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Mercisharelove:
Why
Some past destroy present

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
Very funny! grin grin

Please it depends on the past . The past helps us to make decisions about the future.

11 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by dabonny(m): 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
Even in a teaching profession when preparing a lesson note, I could remember there is a column for " previous knowledge" which means you move from KNOWN to UNKNOWN.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Mercisharelove(f): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2023
Qatar2022:

Some past destroy present

We all got ugly pasta
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by fillipelobos: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2023
History is just as important as the future.

In fact a lot of money is spent yearly trying to find out what happened in the past.

You should know the past to understand patterns

In some cases with what you found out... It's better you walk away.

Even in times past when two people are to be married our ancestors will go and find out the family history of the suitors etc.....

In most cases people can be predicted based on their choices and actions in the recent past.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Dshocker(m): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Mercisharelove:

Just like that, wonderful...

2 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Qatar2022: 8:29am On Feb 06, 2023
Mercisharelove:

We all got ugly pasta
Yeah but agree to some past that's manageable
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Kimo21(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2023
Persephone1:
Very funny! grin grin

Please it depends on the past . The past helps us to make decisions about the future.

God bless you 👍
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Mercisharelove(f): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2023
Try
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Fiscus105(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2023
Mercisharelove:

Only a few or mad person will totally overlook past of his/her intending partner

Hope you know past is not only amount of sex you had before, it also about ur mental wellness,his parents marriage, his/her behavior (perhaps she/he accursed person)
Perhaps he/she had taken blood oath with his/her ex in the past among others.

These are the reasons our parents marriages last in the past and why marriages not lasting these days.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by advanceDNA: 10:24am On Feb 07, 2023
Mercisharelove:

We all got ugly past

Thats not true....We all dont have ugly past.....
And the bad part of it is...some pple wont let their past stay in the past thereby affecting those in their life....they arr used to toxic and dirty lifestyle

Dont be stupíd....investigate pple's past... its common sense and the right thing to do....

...companies ask for reference from your previous work place....u think they dont knoe what they are doing...

..contractors are judged by past record of project delivery....

....if u are single mother with girl children. investigate ur new man...he might be a predator....

...serial cheats dont deserve to be relationship, they are disasters waiting to happen... they always go back to their numerous exes for the good orgasm they cant forget....and they always make new exes....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by advanceDNA: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2023
Bluezy13:
Must be coming from a woman.

U just spoke my mind....

Why is it that it is mostly women that dont want pple to consider their past in relationship... i dont get it....

Is it that the past is so bad, or some women dont just like applying common sense

When someone opened thread the other day that most women are not always logical.... he got all manner of insults

8 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by pansophist(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2023
In every area of society, your past matters, but somehow, women wants to change the game where it suits them.

Want to get a loan? or be promoted in your job? , how about assuming a political office, or even applied for upper level degree, your past qualifications and financial behavior matters.

Peter Obi is enjoying good pr because his past as governor in anambra matters. We can't say the same for other candidates. You play by this rule by default, so why change it?

If a man's future matters to a woman, then a woman's past matters to a man. ladies, I have one question for you.

So you met Mr perfect, as in, an antichrist with 666 under his belt (six packs, six feet tall, six figure salary). You confirm from your pastor if he is mr right, but the response was bad. You confirm from pastor number two.

Then your pastor told you that in two years time after marriage, he will loose his job, bank will take back the house, and you guys will be so poor, that a refugee from Somalia would be like Otedola to you guys.

Will you continue? Answer honestly. Of course not, the marriage can go to hell. I've asked many women this question in person and they all told me no. Fork the marriage. So his future matters right? But somehow, your past doesn't matter. You want to be God, who make and change the rule as it favours you. Nonsense.

And a woman's past matters to men for one simple reason, and it's that your past will be the reference you'll use to compare him with. If he buy Android phone for you, you compare him with your ex who proposed with iPhone 14 pro max.

Men are in competition with a woman's past, hear it from a man, and not from all those Instagram rubbish you guys listen to about relationship. To men, your past is like a dagger under his belly, and the dirtier it is, the sharper it feels.

No matter what he does, it would seems like he is just scratching the surface. This dynamic is well-documented in the Tom and Jerry Episode titled "Blue cats blue".please watch it and tell me it's a lie.

So your past is important to a man, just as a man's future is important to you, and for a valid reason. You don't want to suffer as a woman, so no irresponsible man.

A man also don't want his effort to be in vain, so he doesn't want a woman with a bad past that renders his effort either sexually, financially, and lifestyle unappreciated.

Lots of women saying there are no good men to marry actually mean that they do not want a man without a good future. You've profiled the men interested in you as broke, and imagine being in a two rooms apartment with him, then you reject him.

So you're basically playing the game you don't want men to play. You judge his future, but hates when he judges your past. How about not have a dirty past instead of expecting men to ignore it? Is prevention not better than cure again?

But if men do the same thing with your past, you see it as mysogyny, patriarchy, and any woke nonsense you can conjure. Sexual liberation abi? There is a price to pay, you are just not aware.

Of course a woman with a bad past can change and be forgiven, I'm not nailing such woman to the cross. But the dynamic at play has to be said. The truth may be bitter, but it will set you free.

Cc. Sagamite

50 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Gerrard59(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
pansophist:
In every area of society, your past matters, but somehow, women wants to change the game where it suits them.

Want to get a loan? or be promoted in your job? , how about assuming a political office, or even applied for upper level degree, your past qualifications and financial behavior matters.

Bros, when you marry eh, you better not divorce o. How can you be so good? shocked

See the way I am nodding head like Agama Lizard. grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Novemberaura(m): 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
I once read somewhere that women marry men cux of their future while men choose wives based on her past

So, I need not spell it out
As a woman if you have a not so good past you're in for a long wait for marriage

As a man if thy future cant light up bathroom in a hot afternoon in owerri you will certainly face more rejection than your finger can count from women

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Pauldam: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mercisharelove:

😂
Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Sagamite(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2023
Mercisharelove:

So, if your son brings in the born-again local street prostitute (that all the men on the street have slept with and pay N8K per cumm) as the girl he wants to marry, you will be happy because that is now her past and she has decided she will not do this anymore in the future?

You will tell your son he is decision is okay and take her as your daugther-in-law?

And then you will help them build a better future?

Please answer.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Sagamite(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
pansophist:

Peter Obi is enjoying good pr because his past as governor in anambra matters. We can't say the same for other candidates. You play by this rule by default, so why change it?

If a man's future matters to a woman, then a woman's past matters to a man. ladies, I have one question for you.

So you met Mr perfect, as in, an antichrist with 666 under his belt (six packs, six feet tall, six figure salary). You confirm from your pastor if he is mr right, but the response was bad. You confirm from pastor number two.

Then your pastor told you that in two years time after marriage, he will loose his job, bank will take back the house, and you guys will be so poor, that a refugee from Somalia would be like Otedola to you guys.

Will you continue? Answer honestly. Of course not, the marriage can go to hell. I've asked many women this question in person and they all told me no. Fork the marriage. So his future matters right? But somehow, your past doesn't matter. You want to be God, who make and change the rule as it favours you. Nonsense.

And a woman's past matters to men for one simple reason, and it's that your past will be the reference you'll use to compare him with. If he buy Android phone for you, you compare him with your ex who proposed with iPhone 14 pro max.

Men are in competition with a woman's past, hear it from a man, and not from all those Instagram rubbish you guys listen to about relationship. To men, your past is like a dagger under his belly, and the dirtier it is, the sharper it feels.

No matter what he does, it would seems like he is just scratching the surface. This dynamic is well-documented in the Tom and Jerry Episode titled "Blue cats blue".please watch it and tell me it's a lie.

So your past is important to a man, just as a man's future is important to you, and for a valid reason. You don't want to suffer as a woman, so no irresponsible man.

A man also don't want his effort to be in vain, so he doesn't want a woman with a bad past that renders his effort either sexually, financially, and lifestyle unappreciated.

Lots of women saying there are no good men to marry actually mean that they do not want a man without a good future. You've profiled the men interested in you as broke, and imagine being in a two rooms apartment with him, then you reject him.

So you're basically playing the game you don't want men to play. You judge his future, but hates when he judges your past. How about not have a dirty past instead of expecting men to ignore it? Is prevention not better than cure again?

But if men do the same thing with your past, you see it as mysogyny, patriarchy, and any woke nonsense you can conjure. Sexual liberation abi? There is a price to pay, you are just not aware.

Of course a woman with a bad past can change and be forgiven, I'm not nailing such woman to the cross. But the dynamic at play has to be said. The truth may be bitter, but it will set you free.

Cc. Sagamite

Never take relationship advice from a woman. They will feed you selfish nonsense.

As I said here, they will always argue in a way that favours them.

https://www.nairaland.com/7555050/gradually-becoming-misogynist/4#120654920

I can bet you that this philosophy she shared is for another woman's son, not hers.

Her son must marry the girl with a good past.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by 0neal(m): 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
pansophist:
In every area of society, your past matters, but somehow, women wants to change the game

So you met Mr perfect, as in, an antichrist with 666 under his belt (six packs, six feet tall, six figure salary).

This analogy enter ehn!

Oga Panso you are really a blessing to men

7 Likes

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Brytesp(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Dey play

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by BigYash: 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
Blike say this one past get coma. Go carry girl with body count of over 20 and tell yourself say past no matter.. Past go matter to you ,when after spending ur money on marriage celebration, and una break up in less than two years,or say peace of mind left your life for good.. Na then you go understand say na past dey sharpen the future..

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do About Your Partner's Past by Nehyooh(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sagamite:

So, if your son brings in the born-again local street prostitute (that all the men on the street have slept with and pay N8K per cumm) as the girl he wants to marry, you will be happy because that is now her past and she has decided she will not do this anymore in the future?

You will tell your son he is decision is okay and take her as your daugther-in-law?

And then you will help them build a better future?

Please answer.
You just nailed it bro!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Trust Your Current Girlfriend Or Wife With 2 Million Dollars? / Confusing Love With Desperacy And Foolishness / She Always Ask Me 2 Kiss Her, Does Dat Means She Wants Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.